SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Toyhauler Discussion

Go down 
+8
tabraha
erskin18
rubicon05
Dreth
wrenchhead
Wingman
Bad Behavior
shawnley1222
12 posters
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

Toyhauler Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Toyhauler Discussion   Toyhauler Discussion EmptySun May 04, 2008 4:17 pm

Hey whats up all and here is an interesting discusion. How many of you all have a toyhauler and which kinds? I know a couple on here do.

Look at what I stopped by a dealer today an looked at, what does everyone think of the Octane Toyhauler, it is a Jayco trailer otherwise. Will be a very long time before I can actually get one but I can imagine owning it.

Lets here some toyhauler talk. Also I just walked the exterior of it since I know they were closed. If I go during the week I can probably catch it unlocked an walk around in it.

edit:
I think this dealer is called "Reeds Camper Sales" here in Huntsville, AL. They are off of Jordan Lane where all the other big motorhome\camper dealers are

Toyhauler Discussion May04_0002

Toyhauler Discussion May04_0003

Toyhauler Discussion May04_0004

That would be nice!
-Rick
Back to top Go down
shawnley1222
SSXSRider Member
shawnley1222

Number of posts : 2745
Registration date : 2008-01-22

PostSubject: Re: Toyhauler Discussion   Toyhauler Discussion EmptySun May 04, 2008 5:03 pm

I want one for sure my parents told me they are lookin to get one next year so ill get to use it :D
Back to top Go down
Bad Behavior

Bad Behavior

Number of posts : 263
Registration date : 2008-04-03

PostSubject: Re: Toyhauler Discussion   Toyhauler Discussion EmptySun May 04, 2008 5:43 pm

I plan on buying a toyhauler for my next R/V. Besides being able to haul the Rhino, you will have room for alot of other stuff when you go places without the Rhino. Most of them have drop down bunks in the "garage" area, or you can put an air mattress, to sleep more people, too. As of now, if I take my camper and Rhino, I have to hook my Rhino trailer to the hitch on the rear of the camper, which isn't really a big deal, just longer and I have to unhook the rear trailer to back up. I haven't towed this set up very far, but it works. Supposedly legal in Mississippi, from what i've read, too.
Back to top Go down
Wingman
SSXSRider Member

Number of posts : 557

PostSubject: Re: Toyhauler Discussion   Toyhauler Discussion EmptySun May 04, 2008 5:50 pm

The toy haulers have made great steps forward in the last few years. 8-10 years ago we had a tag-along trailer and a enclosed trailer to haul the bikes, being pulled by an Ford Excursion. We would have to make two trips to get both to where we were going. The toy haulers at that time were more set up for the "guys" with dirt bikes or atv's on a weekend get-away. The wife could not find one that she liked. So, we went the RV route pulling either closed or open trailers. It has worked out well. There are times we just want to go camping with no bikes. There are times we need the bikes but are not camping so we pull the bike trailer with the truck.

Having said that ....... we still look at the haulers when we stop by RV dealers. They have gotten so much better!!!!!! Of course it would take a 40' fifth wheel to get all our crap to where we want it. So for the time being we will stick to what we got.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Toyhauler Discussion   Toyhauler Discussion EmptySun May 04, 2008 6:16 pm

Becky and I researched some toy haulers... actually, we did a lot of tire kickin'. but, we ultimately decided to just buy a tent and open trailer for the rhino for the time being. I really didn't want to spend 45k on a truck to pull the toyhauler. maybe in 3-4 yrs... if deisel fuel is not 6bucks a gallon. lol!
Back to top Go down
wrenchhead

wrenchhead

Number of posts : 35
Registration date : 2008-03-01

PostSubject: Re: Toyhauler Discussion   Toyhauler Discussion EmptySun May 04, 2008 6:25 pm

when kicking the axles make sure you check the gvw and the axle rating a lot of the tow haulers i have looked at do not have large enough axles under them I have had to fix a few fifthwheels just to find they only had 3500lb axles when they should of had 5000lb
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Toyhauler Discussion   Toyhauler Discussion EmptySun May 04, 2008 6:35 pm

Wheels some of them you could probably tow with what you have.

What is the max size touhauler everyone thinks a Half Ton Truck (1500) can pull. I am guessing this one (Jayco Octane ZX) is 25-30ft bumper pull. I probably could handel that but nouthing any larger.

Although this is a goal in 10 years from now. I may continue my next goal to get the F-350, wondering if the 1500 will be capable if I wait on the diesel.
Back to top Go down
Dreth

Number of posts : 346
Registration date : 2008-03-29

PostSubject: Re: Toyhauler Discussion   Toyhauler Discussion EmptySun May 04, 2008 8:38 pm

You can pull it but it will be at slower speeds and less miles per gallon. Wind drag is the main problem with the haulers. They are a brick wall going down the road. They are sweet and very handy if you use them a lot but if they sit they just waste away. I personally prefer the class C motor home with an open trailer behind it so you can drive and others can sleep or watch tv or play games or go to the bathroom. For the 40k that you will pay for the hauler you can have a class C and use the trailer you have right now. PLUS.............if its raing when you get where you are going you dont have to unload your quads to have a place to sleep or even get out of the motor home for that matter.
Back to top Go down
rubicon05

rubicon05

Number of posts : 396
Registration date : 2008-01-31

PostSubject: Re: Toyhauler Discussion   Toyhauler Discussion EmptySun May 04, 2008 9:18 pm

Dreth wrote:
You can pull it but it will be at slower speeds and less miles per gallon. Wind drag is the main problem with the haulers. They are a brick wall going down the road. They are sweet and very handy if you use them a lot but if they sit they just waste away. I personally prefer the class C motor home with an open trailer behind it so you can drive and others can sleep or watch tv or play games or go to the bathroom. For the 40k that you will pay for the hauler you can have a class C and use the trailer you have right now. PLUS.............if its raing when you get where you are going you dont have to unload your quads to have a place to sleep or even get out of the motor home for that matter.

good point...i would have to agree to that.
Back to top Go down
erskin18

erskin18

Number of posts : 179
Registration date : 2008-03-23

PostSubject: Re: Toyhauler Discussion   Toyhauler Discussion EmptySun May 04, 2008 10:19 pm

I have had 2 toyhaulers and 1 class A motor home. The down side to a class A is you can't pull a car and your rhino at the same time. The class A i had was 40 foot you put a trailer behind that and it is like a semi to long. No matter what kind you get the mileage sucks. Top MPG in a class A or C is about 7-10. The up side to the class A is you can move around the camper going down the road. The toyhauler is good because you already have the truck there and the toy in the camper. Way better MPG I have a F250 and it gets 14 to 16. As for the ones i like is the RAPTOR,PUMA,WEEKEND WARIER. Maybe that will help. :afro:
Back to top Go down
shawnley1222
SSXSRider Member
shawnley1222

Number of posts : 2745

PostSubject: Re: Toyhauler Discussion   Toyhauler Discussion EmptySun May 04, 2008 10:42 pm

here is my toyhauler
Toyhauler Discussion TheSetup

:)
Back to top Go down
tabraha

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2008-02-15

PostSubject: Re: Toyhauler Discussion   Toyhauler Discussion EmptyMon May 05, 2008 1:47 pm

ATV_Rick wrote:

What is the max size touhauler everyone thinks a Half Ton Truck (1500) can pull. I am guessing this one (Jayco Octane ZX) is 25-30ft bumper pull. I probably could handel that but nouthing any larger.

Although this is a goal in 10 years from now. I may continue my next goal to get the F-350, wondering if the 1500 will be capable if I wait on the diesel.

That's gonna be a tall order for a 1500. I'd say 25' max as the 30' is gonna have alot of weight + 1100lbs of rhino. I'd check the GCWR AND GVWR of your 1500 and see what the max is you can put back there. I felt those hills up near you on the way to Brimstone and I had a 31' bumper pull loaded down and a rhino in the bed of an F350. I could still out pull my buddies gasser with 3 4 wheelers on a trailer though. :D

Good link for you to check out:
http://www.rv.net/forums/index.cfm/fuseaction/thread/CFB/1/Tid/596462.cfm
Back to top Go down
erskin18

erskin18

PostSubject: Re: Toyhauler Discussion   Toyhauler Discussion EmptyMon May 05, 2008 4:07 pm

My fifth wheel loaded was 16k pounds. It was 38 foot. :afro:
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Toyhauler Discussion   Toyhauler Discussion EmptyMon May 05, 2008 5:39 pm

I'd also do some measuring for door height. I read somewhere the door is not tall enough for a stock-caged Rhino without letting air out of the tires. Dunno, just what I read somewhere. rebel
Back to top Go down
tabraha

PostSubject: Re: Toyhauler Discussion   Toyhauler Discussion EmptyMon May 05, 2008 6:52 pm

You're right. It's close in ALOT of TH's but I've noticed at the last RV shows alot of the new ones are recognizing the SxS market and getting more clearance.
Back to top Go down
erskin18

erskin18

PostSubject: Re: Toyhauler Discussion   Toyhauler Discussion EmptyMon May 05, 2008 9:27 pm

My rhino has 26" tires on it and it fit in the raptor that i had and it fits in my puma that i have now. :afro:
Back to top Go down
muddyrhino

muddyrhino

Number of posts : 46

PostSubject: Re: Toyhauler Discussion   Toyhauler Discussion EmptyTue May 06, 2008 6:58 pm

We remodeled a 20ft enclosed trailer for our toy hauler. Jeff had it set up to run off of land or generator power. The only thing it lacked was a shower and holding tanks, but it beat sleeping on the ground in the freezing cold. I will try to find some pics to show you guys.
Back to top Go down
http://www.undergrounatv.com
erskin18

erskin18

PostSubject: Re: Toyhauler Discussion   Toyhauler Discussion EmptyTue May 06, 2008 9:08 pm

2009 CHEROKEE 18DFWP FRONT LOAD TOY HAULER

http://lsrv.info/JIM/CHEROKEE/TOY%20HAULERS/18DFWPA/P2143000.JPG

get one of these if you think it will not fit in the door.
Back to top Go down
wvyankee2
SSXSRider Member
wvyankee2

Number of posts : 10318

PostSubject: Re: Toyhauler Discussion   Toyhauler Discussion EmptyTue May 06, 2008 9:33 pm

Awesome bounce
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Toyhauler Discussion   Toyhauler Discussion EmptyTue May 06, 2008 10:26 pm

erskin18 wrote:
2009 CHEROKEE 18DFWP FRONT LOAD TOY HAULER

http://lsrv.info/JIM/CHEROKEE/TOY%20HAULERS/18DFWPA/P2143000.JPG

get one of these if you think it will not fit in the door.

Becky and I both like that one... we've already priced it out. :D
Back to top Go down
Hillbilly9903

Hillbilly9903

Number of posts : 46
Registration date : 2008-04-27

PostSubject: Re: Toyhauler Discussion   Toyhauler Discussion EmptyTue May 06, 2008 10:27 pm

how much is one like that that thing is AWESOME
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Toyhauler Discussion   Toyhauler Discussion EmptyTue May 06, 2008 10:37 pm

new... i think we found some for around 39k... but, there are a couple on ebay for around 20k, that are 2yrs old.
Back to top Go down
tabraha

PostSubject: Re: Toyhauler Discussion   Toyhauler Discussion EmptyThu May 08, 2008 9:29 am

You can get some deals on used ones. Hell the camper I've got now was free with the F350 I bought due to the guy getting divorced!

Fuel prices keep going up and deals keep getting better.
Back to top Go down
Neal12

Neal12

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2018-12-29

PostSubject: Re: Toyhauler Discussion   Toyhauler Discussion EmptySat Dec 29, 2018 7:46 am

I have seen Toy Hauler Fifth Wheels and Toy Hauler Travel Trailers for Sale in London Kentucky. Big Daddy RVs located in the Southeastern United States just off Interstate 75 in Kentucky. They provide the best RVs in best price. I found it best for buying Toy Hauler or other. I'm going to buy a Toy Hauler from there.
Back to top Go down
https://www.bigdaddyrvs.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Toyhauler Discussion   Toyhauler Discussion Empty

Back to top Go down

Toyhauler Discussion
Page 1 of 1