SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Slam Latch upgrade available for Pro Armor Doors

Go down 
+5
ridepate
PWM
WV Rider
Smith700
wvyankee2
9 posters
AuthorMessage
wvyankee2
SSXSRider Member
wvyankee2

Number of posts : 10318
Registration date : 2008-01-22

Slam Latch upgrade available for Pro Armor Doors  Empty
PostSubject: Slam Latch upgrade available for Pro Armor Doors    Slam Latch upgrade available for Pro Armor Doors  EmptyFri Mar 11, 2011 7:47 pm

The Pro Armor slam latch is designed to work as a retrofit kit with all existing Polaris RZR & RZR S doors. This slam latch will also work with the front doors on the RZR 4. It bolts in between the a-pillar and the actual door, installs in minutes. Comes with an automotive grade slam latch and all necessary hardware, including longer bolts for the a-pillar.

Slam Latch upgrade available for Pro Armor Doors  Proarmorslamlatch

Price: $49.95

Direct link: http://www.proarmor.com/product_p/p081290.htm

The Pro Armor suicide doors are all aluminum construction to save weight and ensure strength and durability for any type of riding or racing. The doors are direct bolt on to your Polaris RZR with no drilling. They have a 3 point mounting system (a pillar, b pillar and under seat mount to frame) making them the strongest and best design on the market period. The doors are available with sheet metal skins or nets and are fully interchangeable.

Slam Latch upgrade available for Pro Armor Doors  Proarmorrzrdoors

Direct link: http://www.proarmor.com/product_p/p081205bl.htm

Available through your local dealer or call Pro Armor direct at 888-31-ARMOR, or you can place your order at www.proarmor.com
Back to top Go down
Smith700
SSXSRider Member

Number of posts : 2713
Registration date : 2009-08-21

PostSubject: Re: Slam Latch upgrade available for Pro Armor Doors    Slam Latch upgrade available for Pro Armor Doors  EmptyFri Mar 11, 2011 8:09 pm

They fit terribly.....IMO..Maybe someone else has had better luck???

We tried these on my buddy Josh's RZR....and adjusted them every way possible....couldn't get them to fit.

PWM has the same problems with his....His passenger side door will not even un-latch.
Back to top Go down
WV Rider
SSXSRider Member
WV Rider

Number of posts : 511
Registration date : 2008-08-17

PostSubject: Re: Slam Latch upgrade available for Pro Armor Doors    Slam Latch upgrade available for Pro Armor Doors  EmptyFri Mar 11, 2011 8:45 pm

Smith700 wrote:
They fit terribly.....IMO..Maybe someone else has had better luck???

We tried these on my buddy Josh's RZR....and adjusted them every way possible....couldn't get them to fit.

PWM has the same problems with his....His passenger side door will not even un-latch.

I bet I can make them fit........ How much money do you want to lose???????
Back to top Go down
PWM
SSXSRider Member
PWM

Number of posts : 1082
Registration date : 2008-10-24

PostSubject: Re: Slam Latch upgrade available for Pro Armor Doors    Slam Latch upgrade available for Pro Armor Doors  EmptyFri Mar 11, 2011 8:52 pm

I hate them. You can adjust them and they work fine until you get off camber and everything re-adjusts.
Back to top Go down
http://cumberland-mudders.forumotion.com/index.htm
ridepate
SSXSRider Staff
ridepate

Number of posts : 6409
Registration date : 2009-04-23

PostSubject: Re: Slam Latch upgrade available for Pro Armor Doors    Slam Latch upgrade available for Pro Armor Doors  EmptyFri Mar 11, 2011 9:34 pm

PWM wrote:
I hate them. You can adjust them and they work fine until you get off camber and everything re-adjusts.

That's because the frame flexes so badly.............and they are poorly designed doors.
Back to top Go down
8ball_99
SSXSRider Member
8ball_99

Number of posts : 1370
Registration date : 2010-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Slam Latch upgrade available for Pro Armor Doors    Slam Latch upgrade available for Pro Armor Doors  EmptyFri Mar 11, 2011 9:57 pm

I love my proarmor doors.. The RZR frame flexes way to much. Its not the doors fault the frame sucks.. I installed frame gusset kit a S cage with a couple extra braces and installed a front bumper that helps stiffen up the front. I can tell a big difference in how much the frame flexes.. If your doors are adjusted right they are pretty easy to close with the old latches.. I can do it with one hand NP. IMO the old latch seems safer and more secure. The frame/door would have to get bent up pretty bad for the stock one to fail. Whats the point in having doors if they just pop open in a roll over..
Back to top Go down
Gimpy
SSXSRider Member
Gimpy

Number of posts : 7708
Registration date : 2009-10-01

PostSubject: Re: Slam Latch upgrade available for Pro Armor Doors    Slam Latch upgrade available for Pro Armor Doors  EmptyMon Mar 14, 2011 9:09 pm

That is one reason I like Top Dog's doors. The door latch pin goes into a slot, not a hole. You can watch the door pin move up and down in the slot as you drive.
Back to top Go down
http://lwurzel@twc.com
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

Number of posts : 16074
Registration date : 2008-02-26

PostSubject: Re: Slam Latch upgrade available for Pro Armor Doors    Slam Latch upgrade available for Pro Armor Doors  EmptyMon Mar 14, 2011 9:14 pm

I finally got my doors to pop open. I wish we had a pic of it. It is hard to believe the frame can flex that much. Wow!!!!
Back to top Go down
samiam
SSXSRider Member
samiam

Number of posts : 849
Registration date : 2010-02-16

PostSubject: Re: Slam Latch upgrade available for Pro Armor Doors    Slam Latch upgrade available for Pro Armor Doors  EmptyMon Mar 14, 2011 9:24 pm

When you jump your front wheels up and over an aprox. 4 ft. tree and come down on the frame in between the axles.... the frame is going to flex a little thatsright
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

PostSubject: Re: Slam Latch upgrade available for Pro Armor Doors    Slam Latch upgrade available for Pro Armor Doors  EmptyMon Mar 14, 2011 9:43 pm

samiam wrote:
When you jump your front wheels up and over an aprox. 4 ft. tree and come down on the frame in between the axles.... the frame is going to flex a little thatsright

Yeah but I was more impressed that we made it over that tree and not really disappointed that the doors popped open..... thatsright lol!

Last edited by Big-R on Mon Mar 14, 2011 10:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
samiam
SSXSRider Member
samiam

PostSubject: Re: Slam Latch upgrade available for Pro Armor Doors    Slam Latch upgrade available for Pro Armor Doors  EmptyMon Mar 14, 2011 10:24 pm

Your door just popped open. It didn't fall off and get run over by the back tire like the other RZR roflmao
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

PostSubject: Re: Slam Latch upgrade available for Pro Armor Doors    Slam Latch upgrade available for Pro Armor Doors  EmptyMon Mar 14, 2011 10:27 pm

samiam wrote:
Your door just popped open. It didn't fall off and get run over by the back tire like the other RZR roflmao

You know that is a very good point on how tough the JL2 doors are. Big Bore did a burn out on top of his door and it did not bend.
Back to top Go down
samiam
SSXSRider Member
samiam

PostSubject: Re: Slam Latch upgrade available for Pro Armor Doors    Slam Latch upgrade available for Pro Armor Doors  EmptyMon Mar 14, 2011 10:36 pm

Big-R wrote:
samiam wrote:

You know that is a very good point on how tough the JL2 doors are. Big Bore did a burn out on top of his door and it did not bend.

I weren't goin name any names lol!
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

PostSubject: Re: Slam Latch upgrade available for Pro Armor Doors    Slam Latch upgrade available for Pro Armor Doors  EmptyMon Mar 14, 2011 10:43 pm

samiam wrote:
Big-R wrote:
samiam wrote:

I weren't goin name any names lol!

I don't mind you naming names as long as it is not ME!!!! roflmao roflmao roflmao
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Slam Latch upgrade available for Pro Armor Doors    Slam Latch upgrade available for Pro Armor Doors  Empty

Back to top Go down

Slam Latch upgrade available for Pro Armor Doors
Page 1 of 1