SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Son is calling my bluff - borrowing the teryx going to windrock saturday

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
KY. Colonel
SSXSRider Member

Number of posts : 2144
Registration date : 2010-02-02

Son is calling my bluff - borrowing the teryx going to windrock saturday Empty
PostSubject: Son is calling my bluff - borrowing the teryx going to windrock saturday   Son is calling my bluff - borrowing the teryx going to windrock saturday EmptySun Mar 13, 2011 1:22 am

Well, I told him he could use it. But I really didn't think he would take me up on it. Then one of his buddies got a rhino and wanted a riding partner. I could'nt say no, and really never considered doing so. Is windrock a good place to ride?
Back to top Go down
AIRBORNE
SSXSRider Member
AIRBORNE

Number of posts : 6266
Registration date : 2008-05-01

PostSubject: Re: Son is calling my bluff - borrowing the teryx going to windrock saturday   Son is calling my bluff - borrowing the teryx going to windrock saturday EmptySun Mar 13, 2011 6:05 am

It is a good place to ride. However, it can get you scuffed up in a hurry if you get on the wrong trail.
Back to top Go down
https://s300.photobucket.com/albums/nn28/AirborneWV/
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

Number of posts : 16074
Registration date : 2008-02-26

PostSubject: Re: Son is calling my bluff - borrowing the teryx going to windrock saturday   Son is calling my bluff - borrowing the teryx going to windrock saturday EmptySun Mar 13, 2011 9:24 am

It is a great trail system. It has a little bit of everything.
Back to top Go down
Hollon
SSXSRider Member
Hollon

Number of posts : 1427
Registration date : 2009-06-13

PostSubject: Re: Son is calling my bluff - borrowing the teryx going to windrock saturday   Son is calling my bluff - borrowing the teryx going to windrock saturday EmptySun Mar 13, 2011 9:56 am

ohh yeah, he will have a blast and can test the full ability of your machine!
Back to top Go down
Smith700
SSXSRider Member

Number of posts : 2713
Registration date : 2009-08-21

PostSubject: Re: Son is calling my bluff - borrowing the teryx going to windrock saturday   Son is calling my bluff - borrowing the teryx going to windrock saturday EmptySun Mar 13, 2011 10:27 am

Great place to ride for sure. I have logged close to 10,000 miles on that mountain. Has trails for everyone. CC just graded T21 and it's now an easier trail than T22.
Back to top Go down
KY. Colonel
SSXSRider Member

PostSubject: Re: Son is calling my bluff - borrowing the teryx going to windrock saturday   Son is calling my bluff - borrowing the teryx going to windrock saturday EmptySat Mar 19, 2011 12:57 am

Hollon wrote:
ohh yeah, he will have a blast and can test the full ability of your machine!

OK now I'm worried... I know what I'll be doing until Hatfield/McCoy - CLEANING!!!
Back to top Go down
KY. Colonel
SSXSRider Member

PostSubject: Re: Son is calling my bluff - borrowing the teryx going to windrock saturday   Son is calling my bluff - borrowing the teryx going to windrock saturday EmptyMon Mar 21, 2011 12:21 am

Well... my son brought the Teryx back today. He had a fun time at Coal Creek and everybody on the ride (10 sxs)was impressed with his ride. Both Nerf bars are bent and scraped up. several dings on each wheel. He said he was "bottoming out" on the rock sections, said I needed stiffer tires. But that's what they are built for, and if I couldn't put it thru it's extreme paces first Then I'm glad it was him, and he didn't get hurt or stranded or stuck so it's a good day!!!
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

PostSubject: Re: Son is calling my bluff - borrowing the teryx going to windrock saturday   Son is calling my bluff - borrowing the teryx going to windrock saturday EmptyMon Mar 21, 2011 12:29 am

KY. Colonel wrote:
Well... my son brought the Teryx back today. He had a fun time at Coal Creek and everybody on the ride (10 sxs)was impressed with his ride. Both Nerf bars are bent and scraped up. several dings on each wheel. He said he was "bottoming out" on the rock sections, said I needed stiffer tires. But that's what they are built for, and if I couldn't put it thru it's extreme paces first Then I'm glad it was him, and he didn't get hurt or stranded or stuck so it's a good day!!!

Wow, you let your son take the REX out on it's first hard ride???? Can I call you Dad??? lol!
Back to top Go down
KY. Colonel
SSXSRider Member

PostSubject: Re: Son is calling my bluff - borrowing the teryx going to windrock saturday   Son is calling my bluff - borrowing the teryx going to windrock saturday EmptyTue Mar 22, 2011 2:18 pm

Big-R wrote:
KY. Colonel wrote:

Wow, you let your son take the REX out on it's first hard ride???? Can I call you Dad??? lol!

i have the utmost confidence in his ability on any trail. He has been riding dirt bikes,street bikes, and has natural talent on any of them. Hopefully
i can get him to come on a ssxsr ride with me someday, I would like to introduce him to you'all. Also, if history is any measure, he will end up with the teryx. So far I have passed him one of my CBX motorcycles (79'),my F-150 4x4 truck, and my polaris explorer 300 4wheeler. Since I am definitely your elder you can call Dad, or anything else for that matter...just don't call me late for supper.

Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

PostSubject: Re: Son is calling my bluff - borrowing the teryx going to windrock saturday   Son is calling my bluff - borrowing the teryx going to windrock saturday EmptyTue Mar 22, 2011 7:42 pm

KY. Colonel wrote:
Since I am definitely your elder you can call Dad, or anything else for that matter...just don't call me late for supper.

Cool! Dad can I borrow the Rex???? lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Son is calling my bluff - borrowing the teryx going to windrock saturday   Son is calling my bluff - borrowing the teryx going to windrock saturday Empty

Back to top Go down

Son is calling my bluff - borrowing the teryx going to windrock saturday
Page 1 of 1