SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

RZR XP feedback

Go down 
+12
RedNeckRanger
Gunpilot
Baditude
mike clark
Big-R
CatMostFeared
Stakk
8ball_99
jodyt
GunRunner
Craig_C
AIRBORNE
16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
AIRBORNE
SSXSRider Member
AIRBORNE

Number of posts : 6266
Registration date : 2008-05-01

RZR XP feedback Empty
PostSubject: RZR XP feedback   RZR XP feedback EmptyWed Mar 30, 2011 4:52 am

Okay, now that the XP has been on the trails some, I need to hear the good, the bad, and the ugly. Please, anything you have seen first-hand, gotten from owners, read on forums, whatever.

I found a pretty good deal on the red XP.......got the wheels in my brain turnin........R&R is in two weeks......
Back to top Go down
https://s300.photobucket.com/albums/nn28/AirborneWV/
Craig_C

Craig_C

Number of posts : 737
Registration date : 2010-06-21

RZR XP feedback Empty
PostSubject: Re: RZR XP feedback   RZR XP feedback EmptyWed Mar 30, 2011 9:17 am

They seem to be pretty decent from what I have read...just a few small issues that dont seem to be on every XP. Id say its too early to tell what the long term issues are gonna be, how the engine and drivetrain are gonna hold up, etc etc.

I think the rear controll arms are too thin and are gonna get bent very easy for the trail riders.

The tires could be alot better...I dont know why Polaris wouldnt put a better tire on.

I still think the machine is overall too big. I saw an XP and a Teryx back to back, and I belive the XP is a little bigger!
Back to top Go down
GunRunner
SSXSRider Member
GunRunner

Number of posts : 5296
Registration date : 2008-01-22

RZR XP feedback Empty
PostSubject: Re: RZR XP feedback   RZR XP feedback EmptyWed Mar 30, 2011 11:24 am

Just read over on PRC about issues with the rear top shock mounts cracking but Thunderhawk is making a brace to fix it.
Back to top Go down
http://southernrzrriders.com
Craig_C

Craig_C

Number of posts : 737
Registration date : 2010-06-21

RZR XP feedback Empty
PostSubject: Re: RZR XP feedback   RZR XP feedback EmptyWed Mar 30, 2011 11:39 am

Well from what I have read on RZR Forums, there hasnt actually been one found that cracked the metal yet. I read the entire post two days ago, so not saying it hasnt been confirmed since then, but I think it was just a "scare" of sorts.
Back to top Go down
jodyt
SSXSRider Member
jodyt

Number of posts : 462
Registration date : 2009-03-01

RZR XP feedback Empty
PostSubject: Re: RZR XP feedback   RZR XP feedback EmptyWed Mar 30, 2011 12:20 pm

If its Metal and Flexing enough to pop the Paint loose...it will break sooner or later.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/jodytompkins
8ball_99
SSXSRider Member
8ball_99

Number of posts : 1370
Registration date : 2010-05-04

RZR XP feedback Empty
PostSubject: Re: RZR XP feedback   RZR XP feedback EmptyWed Mar 30, 2011 12:40 pm

They have a few issues. The passenger side rear shock is VERY close to the exhaust header. Couple shocks have leaked already.. Shock mounts look weak but the crack weld deal I think was just rust on most of them. If the paint flaked cause of the brackets flexing then they will break sooner or later. The rear suspension links are very thin and easy to bend and the stock tires suck. FWIW Polaris put those cheap tires on to save weight IMO.. Lighter weight tires makes the machine faster and helps keep the total weight down in the specs.. Most people bitched and moaned about the extra 200 Lbs of weight the XP already has over the S.. Imagine if the rear links were beefed up and it had 26" bighorns.. Probably another 100Lbs right there..

Also a few have blown head gaskets.. Some say its cause they leaked coolant from some cheap clamps other say its something else.. Who knows

Over all nothing to major.. New rear suspension links. Few new Hose clamps.. Heat sheild behind the seats and infront of the right rear shock. New set of tires. Don't snorkel it because the CVT exhaust is what cools the exhaust header behind the seats lol..
Back to top Go down
Stakk

Stakk

Number of posts : 482
Registration date : 2009-01-10

RZR XP feedback Empty
PostSubject: Re: RZR XP feedback   RZR XP feedback EmptyWed Mar 30, 2011 4:33 pm

The 2 that rode with me on the Winterfest red trasil ride caught fire behind the seats. the heat shielding isn't thick enough for the slow crawling and lack of air moving apparently. the White one actualy flamed up, the red unit was about to but we made shields out of aluminum cans for both to finish the ride, both had a difficult time on the rock bridge goat trail due to the width, the lower passenger side support arm was bent on the white one and the fender flare and mudflap was torn off.

White one had Bighorns and the red had the stock ITP but both spun more than the S model's with us, neither would hook up, as the S units would just climb, same for the 50 inch units. I'm going to have to see some more in action before I give a honest report on them for here in the woods, but right now if anyone is dead set on a RZR, the Stnd and "S" model's do better in the woods at leat on this ride they did.

Thats my opinion on ther XP
Back to top Go down
8ball_99
SSXSRider Member
8ball_99

RZR XP feedback Empty
PostSubject: Re: RZR XP feedback   RZR XP feedback EmptyWed Mar 30, 2011 6:13 pm

Yeah I heard about the two catching fire at Brimestone. The exhaust header relies on the CVT exhaust for cooling. Ok I guess as long as the Rpms stay up and the clutch insnt to hot. Low speed rock crawling will cause heat issues as is. Heat sheild or cerimic coated pipe would probably fix the issue. For what an XP cost though it's bs to me. By the time you worry with the exhaust, tires and suspension links all that could start to add up. Not to mention a new skid and all the other crap they all need.
Back to top Go down
AIRBORNE
SSXSRider Member
AIRBORNE

RZR XP feedback Empty
PostSubject: Re: RZR XP feedback   RZR XP feedback EmptyWed Mar 30, 2011 9:43 pm

Danny, William, good info.
Back to top Go down
CatMostFeared
SSXSRider Member
CatMostFeared

Number of posts : 1827
Registration date : 2010-08-25

RZR XP feedback Empty
PostSubject: Re: RZR XP feedback   RZR XP feedback EmptyWed Mar 30, 2011 10:45 pm

wow that is good info
Back to top Go down
http://www.catmostfeared.com
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

Number of posts : 16074
Registration date : 2008-02-26

RZR XP feedback Empty
PostSubject: Re: RZR XP feedback   RZR XP feedback EmptyWed Mar 30, 2011 11:01 pm

Chris, I am guessing that you really don't need a machine now. So just wait until you get back. You will have more info on what out now and there might be something new out by then......

2cents
Back to top Go down
8ball_99
SSXSRider Member
8ball_99

RZR XP feedback Empty
PostSubject: Re: RZR XP feedback   RZR XP feedback EmptyWed Mar 30, 2011 11:51 pm

Yeah brother, IMO I'd hold off a little while. The longer they are out the better chance of finding out any major issues with them.. It will also give the aftermarket guys time to come up with fixes. I think probably the biggest issues with trail guys is the heat issue and the rear suspension links.. A few shops are already making new links for the rear that are stronger and give more clearance..
Besides I can't afford to buy a RZR-XP for my second RZR so the less guys I ride with buying them and running off and leaving me the better :)
Back to top Go down
AIRBORNE
SSXSRider Member
AIRBORNE

RZR XP feedback Empty
PostSubject: Re: RZR XP feedback   RZR XP feedback EmptyWed Mar 30, 2011 11:51 pm

Big-R wrote:
Chris, I am guessing that you really don't need a machine now. So just wait until you get back. You will have more info on what out now and there might be something new out by then......

2cents

Nope, I am not in need right now. Just kicking tires.
Back to top Go down
AIRBORNE
SSXSRider Member
AIRBORNE

RZR XP feedback Empty
PostSubject: Re: RZR XP feedback   RZR XP feedback EmptyWed Mar 30, 2011 11:53 pm

8ball_99 wrote:
Yeah brother, IMO I'd hold off a little while. The longer they are out the better chance of finding out any major issues with them.. It will also give the aftermarket guys time to come up with fixes. I think probably the biggest issues with trail guys is the heat issue and the rear suspension links.. A few shops are already making new links for the rear that are stronger and give more clearance..
Besides I can't afford to buy a RZR-XP for my second RZR so the less guys I ride with buying them and running off and leaving me the better :)

I don't really want to spend that much either, but for the price I saw this one for.........sure is tempting

I will probably end up going with a 2011 S.
Back to top Go down
mike clark
SSXSRider Member

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2009-12-21

RZR XP feedback Empty
PostSubject: Re: RZR XP feedback   RZR XP feedback EmptyThu Mar 31, 2011 3:59 pm

I got a 2011 RZRXP so far its been great. No regrets
Back to top Go down
Baditude
SSXSRider Member
Baditude

Number of posts : 1132
Registration date : 2010-06-17

RZR XP feedback Empty
PostSubject: Re: RZR XP feedback   RZR XP feedback EmptyThu Mar 31, 2011 4:08 pm

Who knows the Artic Cat releasing this summer maybe the real deal
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

Number of posts : 16074
Registration date : 2008-02-26

RZR XP feedback Empty
PostSubject: Re: RZR XP feedback   RZR XP feedback EmptyThu Mar 31, 2011 10:33 pm

Baditude wrote:
Who knows the Artic Cat releasing this summer maybe the real deal

Yeah I am really excited about that!!!
Back to top Go down
Gunpilot
SSXSRider Member
Gunpilot

Number of posts : 101
Registration date : 2011-06-14

RZR XP feedback Empty
PostSubject: Re: RZR XP feedback   RZR XP feedback EmptyWed Jun 15, 2011 7:58 pm

Almost 700 miles on my XP and no issues.. well, there is one...

I can't get that smile off my face everytime I hit the throttle..
Back to top Go down
RedNeckRanger
SSXSRider Member
RedNeckRanger

Number of posts : 946
Registration date : 2009-06-03

RZR XP feedback Empty
PostSubject: Re: RZR XP feedback   RZR XP feedback EmptyWed Jun 15, 2011 8:13 pm

Gunpilot wrote:
Almost 700 miles on my XP and no issues.. well, there is one...

I can't get that smile off my face everytime I hit the throttle..

im right with u .....i love to pull up beside by buddies in there s es and spin the tires when i run off an leave them thatsright
Back to top Go down
hillbillyrzrs
SSXSRider Member
hillbillyrzrs

Number of posts : 366
Registration date : 2008-11-11

RZR XP feedback Empty
PostSubject: Re: RZR XP feedback   RZR XP feedback EmptyWed Jun 15, 2011 10:07 pm

If I were you Chris I would buy another Rhino. roflmao roflmao
Back to top Go down
Hollon
SSXSRider Member
Hollon

Number of posts : 1427
Registration date : 2009-06-13

RZR XP feedback Empty
PostSubject: Re: RZR XP feedback   RZR XP feedback EmptyWed Jun 15, 2011 11:26 pm

Screw Arctic Cat, tired of waiting on something fictitious to emerge.
the XP has issues but so does ever other machine built. I had never finished a 3 day ride until I bought a XP, I rode it harder and in a lot worst terrain than I ever did my Cat and loaded it up ready for the next ride!! just do your homework and have the know issues addressed before you pick it up and protect it just like you would your S with skids, rock sliders, exhaust wrap, and for sure get POWER STEERING and be prepared to smile a lot. dont worry about a windshield, its not dusty out in front :)
Back to top Go down
AIRBORNE
SSXSRider Member
AIRBORNE

RZR XP feedback Empty
PostSubject: Re: RZR XP feedback   RZR XP feedback EmptyThu Jun 16, 2011 1:07 am

hillbillyrzrs wrote:
If I were you Chris I would buy another Rhino. roflmao roflmao

Why not? Smith can fix it up for me where it will beat a Commander and an XP
Back to top Go down
Hollon
SSXSRider Member
Hollon

Number of posts : 1427
Registration date : 2009-06-13

RZR XP feedback Empty
PostSubject: Re: RZR XP feedback   RZR XP feedback EmptyThu Jun 16, 2011 11:12 am

yeah but then you gotta take Smith with ya everwhere so he can repair it......
Back to top Go down
Baditude
SSXSRider Member
Baditude

Number of posts : 1132
Registration date : 2010-06-17

RZR XP feedback Empty
PostSubject: Re: RZR XP feedback   RZR XP feedback EmptyFri Jun 17, 2011 3:22 pm

On the melting issue there is vendor that makes a heat shield for $40 -problem solved. The stock tires suck though, however one of the XPs with us in Brimstone went every where we did and no flat tires.

The radius rods are another concern unless you get a lift or the replacement ones that tuck up.

The exhaust sounds like a humming bird in a can

However the ride & power is hard to beat. Like any other RZR you will need to invest a couple grand in accessories
Back to top Go down
Gunpilot
SSXSRider Member
Gunpilot

Number of posts : 101
Registration date : 2011-06-14

RZR XP feedback Empty
PostSubject: Re: RZR XP feedback   RZR XP feedback EmptyFri Jun 17, 2011 9:31 pm

I think they have the melting issue addressed.. mine had some type of heat resistant product already installed.. and I haven't had any problems even at alot of slow speeds...

I love the sound when you get on it... it must grow on you..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

RZR XP feedback Empty
PostSubject: Re: RZR XP feedback   RZR XP feedback Empty

Back to top Go down

RZR XP feedback
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next