SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

any one use a gopro hd?

Go down 
+4
GunRunner
8ball_99
PWM
Mudcon
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Mudcon
SSXSRider Member
Mudcon

Number of posts : 266
Registration date : 2009-10-12

any one use a gopro hd? Empty
PostSubject: any one use a gopro hd?   any one use a gopro hd? EmptyThu Mar 31, 2011 5:24 pm

I have a gopro hd on the way that will be here tomorrow. I have sony vegas pro 9 and 10 so I think I will be ok editing the HD but how does the file size stuff come into play?

in you make a 4-5 min videos in 720p how big is the video normally when it renders?

my old video set up was done on a mini dv tape and I still have all the rides on tapes stored away, but I am taking it if you have a 16-32gb card for a ride then do people edit a video and get rid of the footage after that instead of holding on to it?

and last, I always went through my footage and captured just what I wanted to use then import that in to a editing software, but from what I read people copy it all to a folder then import it in but is there a way just to cut it down to what I want to use? thanks for any help.
Back to top Go down
http://www.mudcon.com
PWM
SSXSRider Member
PWM

Number of posts : 1082
Registration date : 2008-10-24

PostSubject: Re: any one use a gopro hd?   any one use a gopro hd? EmptyThu Mar 31, 2011 6:51 pm

I just got one and it takes up a lot MB's to make a 3 minute video with music. I am still learning it so I may have something set wrong but it takes 3 times the space than my Oregon Scientific.
Back to top Go down
http://cumberland-mudders.forumotion.com/index.htm
8ball_99
SSXSRider Member
8ball_99

Number of posts : 1370
Registration date : 2010-05-04

PostSubject: Re: any one use a gopro hd?   any one use a gopro hd? EmptyThu Mar 31, 2011 9:20 pm

The video takes up a lot of space.. I have a Gopro HD 960. I use a MacBook pro. I copy the video to an external 640gp hard drive.. Then edit it from there.. If you start and stop the video a lot it helps cause you can just delete the clips you don't want.. I just bought an open case for mine and plan on leaving a charger hooked to it.. That way I can run the camera all day if I want..
Back to top Go down
GunRunner
SSXSRider Member
GunRunner

Number of posts : 5296
Registration date : 2008-01-22

PostSubject: Re: any one use a gopro hd?   any one use a gopro hd? EmptyFri Apr 01, 2011 10:39 am

better get the biggest sd card it will hold. I bought the gopro hd and put a 8 gig card in it and went to windrock and it lasted 20 min.

Last edited by GunRunner on Fri Apr 01, 2011 11:32 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://southernrzrriders.com
MuddyBuddy
SSXSRider Member
MuddyBuddy

Number of posts : 2085
Registration date : 2010-01-03

PostSubject: Re: any one use a gopro hd?   any one use a gopro hd? EmptyFri Apr 01, 2011 11:24 am

all depends on your editing set up. What i do for professional applications is dump it all to my terabyte drives then just pick and choose from there. Ive even been pondering the 3d application....check out the last video on this page
The shop angels check out GO PRO
Back to top Go down
Mud-and-Guts
SSXSRider Member
Mud-and-Guts

Number of posts : 1839
Registration date : 2008-09-22

PostSubject: Re: any one use a gopro hd?   any one use a gopro hd? EmptySun Apr 03, 2011 8:37 am

I have a GoPro HD and love it, everyone who knows me will tell you I use and abuse it and it is holding up fine.. I have a 16gb card and the battery on the camera goes dead about the time the video is full. I would recommend atleast a 16gb. I use sony vegas to edit my video and it works great, I am still learning the software but it seems you can do about anything with it if you know how.

As far as size if you us sony vegas to upload to youtube it makes the video smaller than rendering it strait to your computer, I have had 4-5 minute videos rendered strait to my computer take up several gb's. I have recently upgraded my internet speed so I can upload in 1080p hd to youtube and so far I am liken the results..

Personally I have a 1.5 terabit external hard drive but do not use it for my editing, I save only my finished video on the external hard drive. My computer has a 640gb hard drive so I just move all my footage from the camera to my computer then edit each clip in sony vegas and once I get what I want for the video I delete all the original footage to save space.

I have a link to my youtube channel in my sig. if you want to check them out..
Back to top Go down
http://www.mudandgutsoffroad.org/
ridepate
SSXSRider Staff
ridepate

Number of posts : 6409
Registration date : 2009-04-23

PostSubject: Re: any one use a gopro hd?   any one use a gopro hd? EmptySun Apr 03, 2011 11:06 pm

Whoosh................You guys just went wayy over my head.......... study
Back to top Go down
RangeRover
SSXSRider Member
RangeRover

Number of posts : 440
Registration date : 2010-12-29

PostSubject: Re: any one use a gopro hd?   any one use a gopro hd? EmptySat Apr 09, 2011 8:49 pm

Thanks for bringing this to my attention. Have been looking for a easy way to vid on rides and this hits the mark. Got mine yesterday HatWave .............
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: any one use a gopro hd?   any one use a gopro hd? Empty

Back to top Go down

any one use a gopro hd?
Page 1 of 1