SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Urge Your Rep. to Cosponsor the “Wilderness & Roadless Area Release Act”

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
The Lyin King

Number of posts : 438
Registration date : 2009-07-29

Urge Your Rep. to Cosponsor the “Wilderness & Roadless Area Release Act” Empty
PostSubject: Urge Your Rep. to Cosponsor the “Wilderness & Roadless Area Release Act”   Urge Your Rep. to Cosponsor the “Wilderness & Roadless Area Release Act” EmptySat Apr 02, 2011 1:27 pm

U.S. Representative and Majority Whip Kevin McCarthy (R-CA) has joined with National Parks, Forests, and Public Lands Subcommittee Chairman Rob Bishop (R-UT) and Western Caucus Chairman Steve Pearce (R-NM) to create legislation to ensure greater access to public lands for all Americans. The very important draft bill would release all Wilderness Study Areas (WSAs) and Inventoried Roadless Areas (IRAs) that have been recommended or evaluated as not suitable for wilderness by the Bureau of Land Management (BLM) or the U.S. Forest Service from restrictive management practices and directs that they be managed for multiple use, including recreation.

Action Item and More Here: https://secure3.convio.net/arra/site/Advocacy?cmd=display&page=UserAction&id=277
Back to top Go down
The Lyin King

PostSubject: Re: Urge Your Rep. to Cosponsor the “Wilderness & Roadless Area Release Act”   Urge Your Rep. to Cosponsor the “Wilderness & Roadless Area Release Act” EmptyMon Apr 04, 2011 7:36 pm

The “Wilderness & Roadless Area Release Act” is a HUGE opportunity to get proactive in Public Land Management issues.

I encourage everyone who values recreation to urge his or her Congress Critters to co-sponsor this act.

Bob
Back to top Go down
The Lyin King

PostSubject: Get back 43 MILLION ACRES of Your Public Lands   Urge Your Rep. to Cosponsor the “Wilderness & Roadless Area Release Act” EmptyTue Apr 05, 2011 11:57 am

24 views of a post containing an initiative that will attempt to return 43 MILLION ACRES of locked up Public Lands to Public Use, REALLY???
Back to top Go down
wvyankee2
SSXSRider Member
wvyankee2

Number of posts : 10318
Registration date : 2008-01-22

PostSubject: Re: Urge Your Rep. to Cosponsor the “Wilderness & Roadless Area Release Act”   Urge Your Rep. to Cosponsor the “Wilderness & Roadless Area Release Act” EmptyTue Apr 05, 2011 2:34 pm

The Lyin King wrote:
REALLY???

Yep. Apathy reigns supreme. The ARRA is so easy to use also. Once registered just point and click on the pre generated letter to your Reps. They will send you Legislative Action Items as they come up.
Back to top Go down
The Lyin King

PostSubject: This is a National Issue   Urge Your Rep. to Cosponsor the “Wilderness & Roadless Area Release Act” EmptyTue Apr 05, 2011 2:45 pm

There are 300+ million plus people in the United States and nearly 55 million (approx. 1/6th of the population) use motorized means to recreate on Public Lands yearly. We have the numbers to stop attacks by enviRomantisists, we just lack the will apparently.

The failure to act upon a Congressionally sponsored opportunity to actually get back 43 million acres of Public Lands needlessly locked up for over two decades (in some cases) is just disgusting!!!
Back to top Go down
The Lyin King

PostSubject: Re: Urge Your Rep. to Cosponsor the “Wilderness & Roadless Area Release Act”   Urge Your Rep. to Cosponsor the “Wilderness & Roadless Area Release Act” EmptySun May 15, 2011 12:57 pm

BUMP!
Back to top Go down
wvyankee2
SSXSRider Member
wvyankee2

Number of posts : 10318
Registration date : 2008-01-22

PostSubject: Re: Urge Your Rep. to Cosponsor the “Wilderness & Roadless Area Release Act”   Urge Your Rep. to Cosponsor the “Wilderness & Roadless Area Release Act” EmptyThu Jun 09, 2011 3:40 pm

The Lyin King wrote:
24 views of a post containing an initiative that will attempt to return 43 MILLION ACRES of locked up Public Lands to Public Use, REALLY???

wvyankee2 wrote:
The Lyin King wrote:
REALLY???

Yep. Apathy reigns supreme. The ARRA is so easy to use also. Once registered just point and click on the pre generated letter to your Reps. They will send you Legislative Action Items as they come up.

And they do respond.

Urge Your Rep. to Cosponsor the “Wilderness & Roadless Area Release Act” Scanfk

Back to top Go down
The Lyin King

PostSubject: Re: Urge Your Rep. to Cosponsor the “Wilderness & Roadless Area Release Act”   Urge Your Rep. to Cosponsor the “Wilderness & Roadless Area Release Act” EmptyThu Jun 09, 2011 4:30 pm

She responded but much like my Rep she dodged the bullet!

COSPONSORS(29), BY DATE [order is left to right]: (Sort: alphabetical order)
Rep McKeon, Howard P. "Buck" [CA-25] - 4/15/2011
Rep Lummis, Cynthia M. [WY] - 4/15/2011
Rep Nunes, Devin [CA-21] - 4/15/2011
Rep Denham, Jeff [CA-19] - 4/15/2011
Rep Noem, Kristi L. [SD] - 4/15/2011
Rep Bishop, Rob [UT-1] - 4/15/2011
Rep Pearce, Stevan [NM-2] - 4/15/2011
Rep McClintock, Tom [CA-4] - 4/15/2011
Rep Chaffetz, Jason [UT-3] - 4/15/2011
Rep Herger, Wally [CA-2] - 4/15/2011
Rep McMorris Rodgers, Cathy [WA-5] - 4/15/2011
Rep Heller, Dean [NV-2] - 4/15/2011
Rep Goodlatte, Bob [VA-6] - 4/15/2011
Rep Thompson, Glenn [PA-5] - 4/15/2011
Rep Johnson, Bill [OH-6] - 4/15/2011
Rep Gallegly, Elton [CA-24] - 4/15/2011
Rep Tipton, Scott [CO-3] - 4/15/2011
Rep Lewis, Jerry [CA-41] - 4/15/2011
Rep Hunter, Duncan D. [CA-52] - 4/15/2011
Rep Labrador, Raul R. [ID-1] - 4/15/2011
Rep Calvert, Ken [CA-44] - 4/15/2011
Rep Coffman, Mike [CO-6] - 4/15/2011
Rep Lamborn, Doug [CO-5] - 5/11/2011
Rep Griffith, H. Morgan [VA-9] - 5/11/2011
Rep Benishek, Dan [MI-1] - 5/11/2011
Rep Rehberg, Denny [MT] - 5/11/2011
Rep Ross, Mike [AR-4] - 5/23/2011
Rep Fleming, John [LA-4] - 6/2/2011
Rep Lungren, Daniel E. [CA-3] - 6/2/2011

So I kept slapping the crap out of mine . . .

"Honorable Congressman Lungren:

Thank you for responding to the personally written email inquiry I sent to you with the nice form letter created by one of your staff personnel regarding Bill H.R. 1581, the Wilderness and Roadless Area Release Act of 2011.

I appreciate the opportunity to hear generic excuses from my Public Servants about why they will not attend to the business of the people who employ them.

As you may know, H.R. 1581 would release wilderness study areas administered by the Bureau of Land Management that are not suitable for wilderness designation and release inventoried roadless areas within the National Forest System that are not recommended for wilderness designation.

As you may not be aware, this Bill (H.R. 1581) currently in Committee (Subcommittee on National Parks, Forests and Public Lands), has not “been reported by, or discharged from, the last committee authorized to consider it” and therefore you my Representative can still become a cosponsor.

So, I am writing again today to ask why you are not yet a cosponsor of H.R. 1581: Wilderness and Roadless Area Release Act of 2011?

Yes, I know that you “do not serve on this Subcommittee“, but as you know that does not prevent you from becoming a cosponsor.

If you truly mean all you say in the informational “E-Newsletters” your office always sends to me about unemployment, Government out of control and other important issues then here is a chance to prove it to me and many other constituents of yours. I am sure you are aware that this Bill, if passed, would create jobs and help simulate our local economy, which is always one of your stated goals.

I look forward to finding you as a cosponsor of H.R. 1581 in the near future!

Sincerely,

[My Crap Went Here]"

Look at the list above, I finally beat him into submission and at a very late date he gave in. It is still not too late for other Reps to cosponsor!

Keep beating!!!
Back to top Go down
The Lyin King

PostSubject: Re: Urge Your Rep. to Cosponsor the “Wilderness & Roadless Area Release Act”   Urge Your Rep. to Cosponsor the “Wilderness & Roadless Area Release Act” EmptyThu Jun 09, 2011 4:35 pm

wvyankee2 wrote:
The Lyin King wrote:

wvyankee2 wrote:
The Lyin King wrote:
REALLY???

And they do respond.

Urge Your Rep. to Cosponsor the “Wilderness & Roadless Area Release Act” Scanfk

Look familiar???

"Dear Mr. XXXXXX,

Thank you for contacting me regarding H.R. 1581 Wilderness and Roadless Area Release Act of 2011. I appreciate the opportunity to hear from my constituents about what is important to them.

As you may know, H.R. 1581 would release wilderness study areas administered by the Bureau of Land Management that are not suitable for wilderness designation and release inventoried roadless areas within the National Forest System that are not recommended for wilderness designation.

H.R. 1581 has been referred to the House Committee on Natural Resources and the Committee on Agriculture. I do not serve on either committee; however, please be assured that I will keep your views in mind should the legislation reach the House floor.

Again, thank you for taking the time to share your views with me.

If you would like to stay informed about federal legislation introduced in the 112th Congress, as well as local issues that may interest you, please take a moment to subscribe to my weekly e-newsletter at www.lungren.house.gov.

I look forward to discussing this or any other issue affecting our 3rd Congressional District with you in the future. For upcoming Town Hall meetings, or for information on issues or legislation pending before Congress, please visit my website at www.lungren.house.gov. If you need assistance with a federal agency, please call my Gold River office at (916) 859-9906. My staff and I are always available to address your concerns, answer your questions, and listen to your ideas.

Sincerely,
Daniel E. Lungren
Member of Congress"
Back to top Go down
The Lyin King

PostSubject: Spank 'em or thank 'em!!!   Urge Your Rep. to Cosponsor the “Wilderness & Roadless Area Release Act” EmptyThu Jun 09, 2011 6:07 pm

Gotta toss 'em a bone after they've been good and let 'em know there was more at stake than sometimes meets the eye, as in the interests of my small community's Business Organizations, whose meetings he regularly attends.

Honorable Congressman Lungren:

Thank you for responding to my emails requesting that you cosponsor H.R. 1581, the Wilderness and Roadless Area Release Act of 2011 by doing so.

I very much appreciate your willingness to cosponsor and support this important Legislation. By your actions, you have demonstrated that you are genuinely committed to your constituent’s interests and attending to the business of people in your District.

Your support for this Legislation will be an important topic of discussion at the next meetings of our local Chamber of Commerce and Rotary Club.

Thank you Congressman Lungren!

Sincerely,
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Urge Your Rep. to Cosponsor the “Wilderness & Roadless Area Release Act”   Urge Your Rep. to Cosponsor the “Wilderness & Roadless Area Release Act” Empty

Back to top Go down

Urge Your Rep. to Cosponsor the “Wilderness & Roadless Area Release Act”
Page 1 of 1