SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Anyone use all aluminum trailer?

Go down 
+3
hillbillyrzrs
Smith700
KY. Colonel
7 posters
AuthorMessage
KY. Colonel
SSXSRider Member

Number of posts : 2144
Registration date : 2010-02-02

Anyone use all aluminum trailer? Empty
PostSubject: Anyone use all aluminum trailer?   Anyone use all aluminum trailer? EmptyMon Apr 04, 2011 3:37 pm

I am considering getting an all aluminum trailer for the Teryx, anything in particular I should know -good or bad??
Back to top Go down
Smith700
SSXSRider Member

Number of posts : 2713
Registration date : 2009-08-21

PostSubject: Re: Anyone use all aluminum trailer?   Anyone use all aluminum trailer? EmptyMon Apr 04, 2011 3:41 pm

I have a Featherlite....and love it. You can move it around easily without using a truck, SxS, etc.....

I've had it for 2 years with zero problems.
Back to top Go down
hillbillyrzrs
SSXSRider Member
hillbillyrzrs

Number of posts : 366
Registration date : 2008-11-11

PostSubject: Re: Anyone use all aluminum trailer?   Anyone use all aluminum trailer? EmptyMon Apr 04, 2011 9:26 pm

I also have a featherlite and it is about 5 years old and no problems at all, worth the price.
Back to top Go down
Smith700
SSXSRider Member

Number of posts : 2713
Registration date : 2009-08-21

PostSubject: Re: Anyone use all aluminum trailer?   Anyone use all aluminum trailer? EmptyMon Apr 04, 2011 9:39 pm

I got mine used here in Knoxville for $1000 on craigslist. It needed new tires, and I put a new jack on it, painted the rusty rims, and changed all the lights to LEDs, and added a tie-down hook on the front.
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

Number of posts : 16074
Registration date : 2008-02-26

PostSubject: Re: Anyone use all aluminum trailer?   Anyone use all aluminum trailer? EmptyMon Apr 04, 2011 9:41 pm

I would like to have one. They are very nice.
Back to top Go down
S
SSXSRider Member
S

Number of posts : 1655
Registration date : 2008-09-12

PostSubject: Re: Anyone use all aluminum trailer?   Anyone use all aluminum trailer? EmptyMon Apr 04, 2011 10:21 pm

Anyone use all aluminum trailer? 0021111111111111

Maybe soon.
Back to top Go down
8ball_99
SSXSRider Member
8ball_99

Number of posts : 1370
Registration date : 2010-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Anyone use all aluminum trailer?   Anyone use all aluminum trailer? EmptyMon Apr 04, 2011 10:35 pm

featherlite makes a good trailer.. Good thing about them is you don't have to worry with keeping them painted. I wouldn't spend an arm and a leg on one though. Depending on the truck a few hundred pounds doesn't make much difference at all pulling.. I've got several different flat bed trailers ranging from a 5x10 all the way to a 8x20. Not much difference at all in MPGs pulling any of them empty with a full size truck..

Only real downside to an aluminum trailer is they tend to be rated lower then a steel trailer the same size..
Back to top Go down
JeepKuntry

JeepKuntry

Number of posts : 104

PostSubject: Re: Anyone use all aluminum trailer?   Anyone use all aluminum trailer? EmptyTue Apr 05, 2011 11:05 am

I'd love to have a 6x10 featherlite instead of my 5x14 mesh trailer. It would probably help out a little bit since I don't have a full size pickup.
Back to top Go down
KY. Colonel
SSXSRider Member

Number of posts : 2144
Registration date : 2010-02-02

PostSubject: Re: Anyone use all aluminum trailer?   Anyone use all aluminum trailer? EmptyTue Apr 05, 2011 12:12 pm

JeepKuntry wrote:
I'd love to have a 6x10 featherlite instead of my 5x14 mesh trailer. It would probably help out a little bit since I don't have a full size pickup.

Yeah, I am pulling a 6x12 mesh frailer with a tailgate lift assist with a 4 cyl Toyota Highlander it gets the job done but it's really working too hard to pull it. Also, The trailer is too heavy for me to lift onto the hitch ball. I usually get my son to help me hook up. Only having one arm/hand that works is a bitch!
Back to top Go down
8ball_99
SSXSRider Member
8ball_99

Number of posts : 1370

PostSubject: Re: Anyone use all aluminum trailer?   Anyone use all aluminum trailer? EmptyTue Apr 05, 2011 12:39 pm

With out a doubt if you are pulling with a 4 cyl then an aluminum trailer is well worth the extra cost!!! Your max tow rating is probably around 3k give or take.. Most try to stay at or below the 80% rule.. So that puts you at around 2600LBs. A 6x12 with a SxS on it is easily a couple thousand pounds..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anyone use all aluminum trailer?   Anyone use all aluminum trailer? Empty

Back to top Go down

Anyone use all aluminum trailer?
Page 1 of 1