SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Teryx Airaid Intake

Go down 
+3
ridepate
4x4pac
wvyankee2
7 posters
AuthorMessage
wvyankee2
SSXSRider Member
wvyankee2

Number of posts : 10318
Registration date : 2008-01-22

Teryx Airaid Intake Empty
PostSubject: Teryx Airaid Intake   Teryx Airaid Intake EmptyTue Apr 05, 2011 4:44 pm

This is a Kick Ass intake for the Teryx. No modifications at all to the Engine cover and access is as easy as stock. Available airflow is increased by 10%, but the real benefit of this intake is that it pulls in only 1/3 of the dust that a stock intake does due to it's design.

It sells for around $250.00. Anyone have one?

Teryx Airaid Intake Teryxintake

Teryx Airaid Intake Img0622wk

Teryx Airaid Intake Img0613c

Back to top Go down
4x4pac

4x4pac

Number of posts : 475
Registration date : 2009-06-03

PostSubject: Re: Teryx Airaid Intake   Teryx Airaid Intake EmptyTue Apr 05, 2011 6:55 pm

Yank are you running one?
Back to top Go down
http://www.4x4pac.com
wvyankee2
SSXSRider Member
wvyankee2

PostSubject: Re: Teryx Airaid Intake   Teryx Airaid Intake EmptyTue Apr 05, 2011 7:43 pm

4x4pac wrote:
Yank are you running one?

Not yet.
Back to top Go down
ridepate
SSXSRider Staff
ridepate

Number of posts : 6409
Registration date : 2009-04-23

PostSubject: Re: Teryx Airaid Intake   Teryx Airaid Intake EmptyTue Apr 05, 2011 8:34 pm

Nice lookin piece Marty.
Back to top Go down
Smith700
SSXSRider Member

Number of posts : 2713
Registration date : 2009-08-21

PostSubject: Re: Teryx Airaid Intake   Teryx Airaid Intake EmptyTue Apr 05, 2011 8:37 pm

I can't believe the Teryx has the same type intake as the 660 Rhino's.....I thought Kawi located them under the hood??
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

Number of posts : 16074
Registration date : 2008-02-26

PostSubject: Re: Teryx Airaid Intake   Teryx Airaid Intake EmptyTue Apr 05, 2011 10:16 pm

Smith700 wrote:
I can't believe the Teryx has the same type intake as the 660 Rhino's.....I thought Kawi located them under the hood??

I thought the same thing.
Back to top Go down
wvyankee2
SSXSRider Member
wvyankee2

PostSubject: Re: Teryx Airaid Intake   Teryx Airaid Intake EmptyTue Apr 05, 2011 10:21 pm

Smith700 wrote:

Big-R wrote:
Smith700 wrote:

I thought the same thing.

Old School.....
lol!
Back to top Go down
Smith700
SSXSRider Member

PostSubject: Re: Teryx Airaid Intake   Teryx Airaid Intake EmptyTue Apr 05, 2011 10:25 pm

Marty, Isn't it kinda noisy with the intake between the seats??
Back to top Go down
wvyankee2
SSXSRider Member
wvyankee2

PostSubject: Re: Teryx Airaid Intake   Teryx Airaid Intake EmptyTue Apr 05, 2011 10:27 pm

Smith700 wrote:
Marty, Isn't it kinda noisy with the intake between the seats??

Yes it is noisy. Not quite as noisy as a 660 rhino though.
Back to top Go down
Smith700
SSXSRider Member

PostSubject: Re: Teryx Airaid Intake   Teryx Airaid Intake EmptyTue Apr 05, 2011 10:33 pm

Would it be possible to re-locate the box under the hood with flexible pool-hose type piping with a aftermarket filter clamped on the end and bolted between the shock towers towards the top??
Back to top Go down
wvyankee2
SSXSRider Member
wvyankee2

PostSubject: Re: Teryx Airaid Intake   Teryx Airaid Intake EmptyTue Apr 05, 2011 10:36 pm

Smith700 wrote:
Would it be possible to re-locate the box under the hood with flexible pool-hose type piping with a aftermarket filter clamped on the end and bolted between the shock towers towards the top??

Anything is possible, but it would not be easy.
Back to top Go down
ridepate
SSXSRider Staff
ridepate

Number of posts : 6409
Registration date : 2009-04-23

PostSubject: Re: Teryx Airaid Intake   Teryx Airaid Intake EmptyTue Apr 05, 2011 10:38 pm

Why would you want it under the hood??? That's where all the dust is..........aka Rhino 700........I'll take the noise anyday vs. dust ingestion..
Back to top Go down
Smith700
SSXSRider Member

PostSubject: Re: Teryx Airaid Intake   Teryx Airaid Intake EmptyWed Apr 06, 2011 3:56 pm

You could run an aftermarket UNI filter clamped on the end of the tubing with maybe 1-2 Pre-Filters over the top of it and you could get away with the dust problem.
Back to top Go down
2Slow4U
SSXSRider Member
2Slow4U

Number of posts : 1657
Registration date : 2009-05-18

PostSubject: Re: Teryx Airaid Intake   Teryx Airaid Intake EmptyWed Apr 06, 2011 4:17 pm

Smith700 wrote:
You could run an aftermarket UNI filter clamped on the end of the tubing with maybe 1-2 Pre-Filters over the top of it and you could get away with the dust problem.

I'm simply running a lightly-oiled prefilter for Shop Vacs on the inlet up under the hood, along with using 2.5" Shop Vac tubing for my whole snorkel job. If anything, I seem to find less dust in the factory airbox than I did when stock. The corrugations in the flex hose that I used to make the bends under the hood and around the engine likely stop a lot of the dust. I used the hard-plastic extension tubes through the tunnel, but on each end I had to use the flex tubing to make the needed bends.

Note, however that my little "fo-fiddy" probably sucks a LOT LESS AIR than the 700cc, 800cc and larger engines...
Back to top Go down
http://www.simpletractors.com
roadiestar

roadiestar

Number of posts : 842
Registration date : 2008-01-25

PostSubject: Re: Teryx Airaid Intake   Teryx Airaid Intake EmptyWed Apr 06, 2011 6:33 pm

2Slow4U wrote:
Smith700 wrote:

I'm simply running a lightly-oiled prefilter for Shop Vacs on the inlet up under the hood, along with using 2.5" Shop Vac tubing for my whole snorkel job. If anything, I seem to find less dust in the factory airbox than I did when stock. The corrugations in the flex hose that I used to make the bends under the hood and around the engine likely stop a lot of the dust. I used the hard-plastic extension tubes through the tunnel, but on each end I had to use the flex tubing to make the needed bends.

Note, however that my little "fo-fiddy" probably sucks a LOT LESS AIR than the 700cc, 800cc and larger engines...

A straw would supply enough fresh air for a 450 roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Teryx Airaid Intake   Teryx Airaid Intake Empty

Back to top Go down

Teryx Airaid Intake
Page 1 of 1