SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Seizmik Lightbar Install Questions and Tips

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

Seizmik Lightbar Install Questions and Tips Empty
PostSubject: Seizmik Lightbar Install Questions and Tips   Seizmik Lightbar Install Questions and Tips EmptyWed May 07, 2008 9:00 pm

Hey whats up everyone, I received that lightbar Dreth was selling today. It is half way on there. Does these below pics look like the brackets are on right? Right now it is setting in the bottom hole of the bracket. The top hole will make the bottom bolt on bar hit the bracket.

You can tell I have sawwed alot of my roof away also an still the lights are setting pretty low. Wheels, does this look about like yours is setup?

Also does anyone (Wheels, your probably the only one to answer this) have problems keeping the bar tight. On this one we cannot get it tightened with those little knobs, it constantly tilts down. Whats the trick to it LOL!

Let me know any advice you all have for it? Have not even got to the wiring yet, hopefully in the next day or so it will be fixed.

Thanks for any advice or comments anyone can give,
-Rick

Seizmik Lightbar Install Questions and Tips IM000485
Seizmik Lightbar Install Questions and Tips IM000486
Seizmik Lightbar Install Questions and Tips IM000487
Seizmik Lightbar Install Questions and Tips IM000484
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Seizmik Lightbar Install Questions and Tips   Seizmik Lightbar Install Questions and Tips EmptyWed May 07, 2008 9:29 pm

Rick, I think you might have over done it with the cutting... but, it's all good. here is a pic of mine.

Seizmik Lightbar Install Questions and Tips Lights10
Back to top Go down
wvyankee2
SSXSRider Member
wvyankee2

Number of posts : 10318
Registration date : 2008-01-22

PostSubject: Re: Seizmik Lightbar Install Questions and Tips   Seizmik Lightbar Install Questions and Tips EmptyWed May 07, 2008 9:33 pm

Damn Rick, looks like you took a chain saw to your roof affraid
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Seizmik Lightbar Install Questions and Tips   Seizmik Lightbar Install Questions and Tips EmptyWed May 07, 2008 9:51 pm

Yes I should have just went ahead an took it off and sold that roof. Then got a custom diamondplate one. I had to cut mine all the way across, it came out an sloped down out away from Rhino. The M.A. is different than the sport edition roof it appears. Although judging by your pic wheels looks like all you cut was the corner, I thought yours was cut all the way across also.

That pic helped some. So to lock it in place you have the knob in the top hole an take the bolt out of lightbar an run it all the way throught bracket\bar both in the bottom hole. I guess that would lock it in place.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Seizmik Lightbar Install Questions and Tips   Seizmik Lightbar Install Questions and Tips EmptyWed May 07, 2008 9:52 pm

I cut alittle strip of the roof in the middle, just so the lights could sit up in there. just look at my pic and you'll figure it out.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Seizmik Lightbar Install Questions and Tips   Seizmik Lightbar Install Questions and Tips EmptyWed May 07, 2008 10:27 pm

Keep at it Rick, You'll get it, Hey now you have a custom roof cheers rebel
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Seizmik Lightbar Install Questions and Tips   Seizmik Lightbar Install Questions and Tips EmptyWed May 07, 2008 10:34 pm

ridepate wrote:
Keep at it Rick, You'll get it, Hey now you have a custom roof cheers rebel

Thank You Ridepate, Finally someone gets it. If its stock, cut it and its custom. Ridepate and in your case I probably reduced allittle weight by cutting the roof. Not sure of the exact weight of this lightbar. I know the package it shipped was weighed at 25.70lbs (UPS Shipped it).

At least the roof still covers the very top of the rhino, without that slope an gutter in the front it will suck if it rains but oh well. I just hope the lightbar kind of covers the ugly cut.

Anyways Have Fun and Thanks for the replies
-Rick

P.S.
Is there any other owners of the Seizmik Lightbar or is it just mine and Wheels for now. The Seizmik club.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Seizmik Lightbar Install Questions and Tips   Seizmik Lightbar Install Questions and Tips Empty

Back to top Go down

Seizmik Lightbar Install Questions and Tips
Page 1 of 1