SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Everyone's dream machine

Go down 
+11
AIRBORNE
nocerisdave
Foxfire
Big-R
CatMostFeared
KYWILDCATS74
DoddS
2Slow4U
Smith700
Craig_C
Stakk
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Stakk

Stakk

Number of posts : 482
Registration date : 2009-01-10

Everyone's dream machine Empty
PostSubject: Everyone's dream machine   Everyone's dream machine EmptyFri Apr 08, 2011 3:30 pm

OK folks, kinda simple but most of us live and ride East coast trails and woods mainly......

Give me your "dream machine" you wish a manufact. would produce, now be realistic please, dont say 350 chevy motor and 150mph....lol

Maximum width/length/wheelbase...etc

engine size, Horsepower

CVT or something else

top speed

suspension travel (12 in. 15 in etc)

ground clearance, etc

styling/cargo requirements, etc

wheels size, tire size and brand, etc.

features, EPS or not, things like this etc.

MSRP

THANKS!
Back to top Go down
Craig_C

Craig_C

Number of posts : 737
Registration date : 2010-06-21

PostSubject: Re: Everyone's dream machine   Everyone's dream machine EmptyFri Apr 08, 2011 4:12 pm

Well, this could get ugly!

I cant see it getting much better than a RZR S. I would add more storage for one. Better uncarriage protection, more power (that 350 weighs too much!) Great tires from the factory. Full opening doors. A parking brake.

Id say around 60-64 inches max width.
Long travel suspension (12 inches or more)
Standard beadlocks
Power steering? Ive never used it...dont know anything about it

CVT trans
a factory sound system!
A fully lockable front diff
Back to top Go down
Smith700
SSXSRider Member

Number of posts : 2713
Registration date : 2009-08-21

PostSubject: Re: Everyone's dream machine   Everyone's dream machine EmptyFri Apr 08, 2011 4:33 pm

RZR-S is not close to a perfect machine....neither is the Rhino, by far....I'll admit...nor the Teryx, Ranger, or Commander.

850cc V-Twin EFI with factory high compression pistons.
58-60" wide is the most for where I ride.
15-16" of wheel travel.
STOCK top speed of around 60mph.
A bigger bed than a RZR-S, but not as big as a Rhino.
3 forward gears....High, Low, and super low...where you could pull up to a really nasty stairstep/climb and not even have to be on the gas to make it climb.
The "laid-back" seats like a RZR.
Air intake is under the hood with a good factory filter.
Power Steering should be with an options package, I know some people don't like it....I know I LOVE mine in the rough stuff...One handed driving!!!
Probably around $13,000 for a base model, and then around $14,000 for a "sport, or LE" model with paint, power steering, etc.

Back to top Go down
2Slow4U
SSXSRider Member
2Slow4U

Number of posts : 1657
Registration date : 2009-05-18

PostSubject: Re: Everyone's dream machine   Everyone's dream machine EmptyFri Apr 08, 2011 4:52 pm

Let's not forget -- open, yet true locking diffs, on BOTH front and rear...
Back to top Go down
http://www.simpletractors.com
Stakk

Stakk

PostSubject: Re: Everyone's dream machine   Everyone's dream machine EmptyFri Apr 08, 2011 5:50 pm

Thanks guys, keep it coming, for those that say engine size what should the power output at the crank be like the 850 HO V-twin...Smith should that output be 50? or 70 or 80hp or what?
Back to top Go down
Smith700
SSXSRider Member

Number of posts : 2713
Registration date : 2009-08-21

PostSubject: Re: Everyone's dream machine   Everyone's dream machine EmptyFri Apr 08, 2011 8:44 pm

850cc V-Twin I would say that could push 65 HP at the rear wheels. Yes....You could have more, but thats plenty powerful/fast for a stock machine.
Back to top Go down
DoddS
SSXSRider Member
DoddS

Number of posts : 684
Registration date : 2008-01-26

PostSubject: Re: Everyone's dream machine   Everyone's dream machine EmptyFri Apr 08, 2011 8:54 pm

75 to 80hp, 14" ground clearance, STOUT axles (i.e.; Difs, axles, cv's, ball joints or better kingpins, tie rods and hubs) cutting breaks, 28" tires stock with beadlocks. DOM cage with suspension seats and four point harnesses. Basically just a bad ass RZR or sport Kaw
Back to top Go down
KYWILDCATS74

KYWILDCATS74

Number of posts : 98
Registration date : 2011-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Everyone's dream machine   Everyone's dream machine EmptyFri Apr 08, 2011 9:55 pm

I would say a HO 850 CC should be around 100HP at the crank and 70HP Rearwheel. The Kawasaki 750 big bored to a 840 has the best all around power I have seen on any SXS. The power is the same 1/8th throttle-full throttle. Meaning that there is no "power band" or certain rpms where it really kicks in or lower rpms where it feels weak. Its always there. I say if you want a perfect machine take a 840 Teryx with a nice cage , bumpers, seats and elka shocks , rock sliders ,doors,and you have the baddest sxs built. Now if you can do that all for $15000 you would have the market cornered.
Back to top Go down
Stakk

Stakk

PostSubject: Re: Everyone's dream machine   Everyone's dream machine EmptySat Apr 09, 2011 1:11 pm

Let's go a little bit further.......IF a OEM were to produce such a machine as all of you have spoken, with high HP and high end shocks like Elka or Fox or King, what would the max MSRP be that you would pay? RZR 900 XP is what? $16,000? not sure what the msrp is but would you pay $17,000 for your "dream machine" bear in mind with all your mods how much $ do you currently have in your machines now? I'm betting alot have $16,000-$18,000?

thanks again for your feedback
Back to top Go down
CatMostFeared
SSXSRider Member
CatMostFeared

Number of posts : 1827
Registration date : 2010-08-25

PostSubject: Re: Everyone's dream machine   Everyone's dream machine EmptySat Apr 09, 2011 4:42 pm

DoddS wrote:
75 to 80hp, 14" ground clearance, STOUT axles (i.e.; Difs, axles, cv's, ball joints or better kingpins, tie rods and hubs) cutting breaks, 28" tires stock with beadlocks. DOM cage with suspension seats and four point harnesses. Basically just a bad ass RZR or sport Kaw

that almost sounds like mine
Back to top Go down
http://www.catmostfeared.com
DoddS
SSXSRider Member
DoddS

PostSubject: Re: Everyone's dream machine   Everyone's dream machine EmptySat Apr 09, 2011 9:44 pm

Quote :
that almost sounds like mine

Yea Right roflmao
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

Number of posts : 16074
Registration date : 2008-02-26

PostSubject: Re: Everyone's dream machine   Everyone's dream machine EmptySat Apr 09, 2011 10:09 pm

I for one, like to mod my own machine. I really don't like for the manufacturer to do it for me.

What I would like is something around 90 hp, 60" wide, 12-14 inches of wheel travel with the same ground clearance. Also I would like for it to be built tough. I don't want to replace a-arm bushing, ball joints and tie-rod ends every 500 to 800 miles. A good low end gear. I do like the set back seat like the RZR and the lower center of gravity. And no trailing arms!!!!!!

If you could do this for $13,000 to $14,000 I would be happy. I would mod it my self.
Back to top Go down
Foxfire
SSXSRider Member
Foxfire

Number of posts : 6060
Registration date : 2008-04-01

PostSubject: Re: Everyone's dream machine   Everyone's dream machine EmptySat Apr 09, 2011 11:45 pm

Shit.....I don't really care so long as I can keep them damn pigs fed and I can do it in style.
Back to top Go down
nocerisdave
SSXSRider Member
nocerisdave

Number of posts : 5674
Registration date : 2008-01-22

PostSubject: Re: Everyone's dream machine   Everyone's dream machine EmptySun Apr 10, 2011 12:36 am

I would have an interest in a manual trans option. And also a machine with lots of washers. Smiles
Back to top Go down
AIRBORNE
SSXSRider Member
AIRBORNE

Number of posts : 6266
Registration date : 2008-05-01

PostSubject: Re: Everyone's dream machine   Everyone's dream machine EmptySun Apr 10, 2011 2:44 am

My dream machine would have the trail capability of the RZR, with about 20 more HP, and a more "user-friendly" bed with a bit more carrying capacity. It would also have bushings that do not give out after 4 or 5 outings. If you could keep the sticker price around 13K or so, then I would say you would sell them faster than you could make them.
Back to top Go down
https://s300.photobucket.com/albums/nn28/AirborneWV/
wvyankee2
SSXSRider Member
wvyankee2

Number of posts : 10318
Registration date : 2008-01-22

PostSubject: Re: Everyone's dream machine   Everyone's dream machine EmptySun Apr 10, 2011 7:23 pm

Foxfire wrote:
Shit.....I don't really care so long as I can keep them damn pigs fed and I can do it in style.

Maybe a shiny new attachment Fox. roflmao

Everyone's dream machine Dsc0037wl

Back to top Go down
Goose
SSXSRider Member
Goose

Number of posts : 2971
Registration date : 2010-03-15

PostSubject: Re: Everyone's dream machine   Everyone's dream machine EmptySun Apr 10, 2011 8:27 pm

Ditto roflmao
Back to top Go down
KYWILDCATS74

KYWILDCATS74

PostSubject: Re: Everyone's dream machine   Everyone's dream machine EmptySun Apr 10, 2011 8:47 pm

Yank you come up with the darnest things. In a few weeks I am going to have some pics of bumpers , cages , rocksliders that will make your bike a ultimate dream... I guess I am going to become a member and site sponser?? Not sure but we have kicked Merlin Motorsports in high gear and we are going to have some great products out there for a great price. We do engine performance , repairs, cages, bumpers, rock sliders, cooler racks ect...

Last edited by KYWILDCATS74 on Sun Apr 10, 2011 9:17 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

Number of posts : 16074
Registration date : 2008-02-26

PostSubject: Re: Everyone's dream machine   Everyone's dream machine EmptySun Apr 10, 2011 8:50 pm

KYWILDCATS74 wrote:
Yank you come up with the darnest things. In a few weeks I am going to have some pics of bumpers , cages , rocksliders that will make your bike a ultimate dream... I guess I am going to become a premiuom member and site sponser?? Not sure but we have kicked Merlin Motorsports in high gear and we are going to have some great products out there for a great price. We do engine performance , repairs, cages, bumpers, rock sliders, cooler racks ect...

Well get on it..... I am a cheap date!!!! I mean site... lol!
Back to top Go down
pit dog
SSXSRider Member
pit dog

Number of posts : 1380
Registration date : 2010-02-28

PostSubject: Re: Everyone's dream machine   Everyone's dream machine EmptySun Apr 10, 2011 9:09 pm

Good luck to you & merlin cat. Yank does come up with the cool stuff.
Back to top Go down
KYWILDCATS74

KYWILDCATS74

PostSubject: Re: Everyone's dream machine   Everyone's dream machine EmptySun Apr 10, 2011 9:27 pm

Thanks Pit. We got to get hooked up on a ride. Let me know whenever you go somewhere closer to us and maybe we can meet in the middle Chug
Back to top Go down
Foxfire
SSXSRider Member
Foxfire

Number of posts : 6060
Registration date : 2008-04-01

PostSubject: Re: Everyone's dream machine   Everyone's dream machine EmptyMon Apr 11, 2011 8:04 pm

wvyankee2 wrote:
Foxfire wrote:

Maybe a shiny new attachment Fox. roflmao

Everyone's dream machine Dsc0037wl

There ya go Marty.......maybe that would sling the pig poo and I could kill 2 birds with one rock.
Back to top Go down
Stakk

Stakk

PostSubject: Re: Everyone's dream machine   Everyone's dream machine EmptyFri Apr 15, 2011 11:57 am

Ok guys, 288 views and only 21 posts? tell me your dream machine
Back to top Go down
AIRBORNE
SSXSRider Member
AIRBORNE

Number of posts : 6266
Registration date : 2008-05-01

PostSubject: Re: Everyone's dream machine   Everyone's dream machine EmptyFri Apr 15, 2011 12:03 pm

All the stuff I mentioned before, with a locking front diff setup like the Rhino, with power steering
Back to top Go down
https://s300.photobucket.com/albums/nn28/AirborneWV/
DoddS
SSXSRider Member
DoddS

PostSubject: Re: Everyone's dream machine   Everyone's dream machine EmptyFri Apr 15, 2011 4:27 pm

So is Kaw coming out with a "sport" type machine or what? Quit teasing us Stakk thatsright
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Everyone's dream machine   Everyone's dream machine Empty

Back to top Go down

Everyone's dream machine
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next