SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Chevrolet Colorado Show Truck

Go down 
+2
Foxfire
wvyankee2
6 posters
AuthorMessage
wvyankee2
SSXSRider Member
wvyankee2

Number of posts : 10318
Registration date : 2008-01-22

Chevrolet Colorado Show Truck Empty
PostSubject: Chevrolet Colorado Show Truck   Chevrolet Colorado Show Truck EmptySat Apr 16, 2011 11:32 am

Chevrolet Colorado Show Truck Chevycoloradoshowtruck1

The Chevy Colorado sold outside the US, and its Isuzu twin are due for a complete makeover by the end of 2011. And the new truck will look something like this, minus the showbiz glam, of course.

Designed and built in Thailand, with some help from the US, the Colorado concept features LED lights, rear hinged doors,a 2.8-liter diesel, and a entertainment system with internet access.

Will it come to the US? Watch this spaceā€¦

Chevrolet Colorado Show Truck Chevycoloradoshowtruck4

I would just like to see the American market come up with a mid size truck with a small efficent diesel in it.
Back to top Go down
Foxfire
SSXSRider Member
Foxfire

Number of posts : 6060
Registration date : 2008-04-01

PostSubject: Re: Chevrolet Colorado Show Truck   Chevrolet Colorado Show Truck EmptySat Apr 16, 2011 11:45 am

Interesting..........
Back to top Go down
samiam
SSXSRider Member
samiam

Number of posts : 849
Registration date : 2010-02-16

PostSubject: Re: Chevrolet Colorado Show Truck   Chevrolet Colorado Show Truck EmptySat Apr 16, 2011 6:41 pm

I would just like to see the American market come up with a mid size truck with a small efficent diesel in it.[/quote]

Diesel fuel is aprox. $.30 higher than gas and the increased cost of buying the diesel engine. Don't know if it would be worth it Yankee. I do like a diesel though.
Back to top Go down
wvyankee2
SSXSRider Member
wvyankee2

PostSubject: Re: Chevrolet Colorado Show Truck   Chevrolet Colorado Show Truck EmptySat Apr 16, 2011 6:51 pm

Yeah, it would depend on the fuel mileage it got. I know there is not a Mid-sized on the market right now that gets any good mileage at all.

A few years ago Jeep put a 2.8 liter Turbo Diesel 4 banger in the Liberty for a year. The Nazi EPA made them stop producing it. Said the emissions didn't meet spec. It had 160 horsepower at 3800 rpm and 295 pound-feet of torque at 1800 rpm. And got 21 mpg city, 26 highway MPG. Thats the kind of mileage i would like to see in a Mid-Sized Truck.

Chevrolet Colorado Show Truck Newcrdimage

Back to top Go down
TBONE21
SSXSRider Member
TBONE21

Number of posts : 737
Registration date : 2011-02-15

PostSubject: Re: Chevrolet Colorado Show Truck   Chevrolet Colorado Show Truck EmptySat Apr 16, 2011 7:37 pm

Who built that motor then? I think these diesel trucks are a great idea and need to come! A small pickup with a diesel for some light towing which is getting 30 mpg would be the ticket! old glory
Back to top Go down
wvyankee2
SSXSRider Member
wvyankee2

PostSubject: Re: Chevrolet Colorado Show Truck   Chevrolet Colorado Show Truck EmptySat Apr 16, 2011 7:44 pm

TBONE21 wrote:
Who built that motor then?

VM Motori S.p.A. is a diesel engine manufacturing company in Cento, Italy. They built the 2.8 Liberty motor.
Back to top Go down
samiam
SSXSRider Member
samiam

Number of posts : 849
Registration date : 2010-02-16

PostSubject: Re: Chevrolet Colorado Show Truck   Chevrolet Colorado Show Truck EmptySun Apr 17, 2011 9:02 am

Jeep is / was putting a diesel in the their Wrangler ( I remember when it was called a CJ). Seen one the other day with a performance exhaust and it sounded awesome.
Back to top Go down
cajuncoot
SSXSRider Member
cajuncoot

Number of posts : 3773
Registration date : 2008-03-25

PostSubject: Re: Chevrolet Colorado Show Truck   Chevrolet Colorado Show Truck EmptySun Apr 17, 2011 9:06 am

duramax is working on a v-6 for half ton trucks
Back to top Go down
shawnley1222
SSXSRider Member
shawnley1222

Number of posts : 2745

PostSubject: Re: Chevrolet Colorado Show Truck   Chevrolet Colorado Show Truck EmptyWed Apr 20, 2011 5:24 pm

my truck overseas is a narva nad has a diesel option i wish i could have my frontier in diesel. hello torque
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chevrolet Colorado Show Truck   Chevrolet Colorado Show Truck Empty

Back to top Go down

Chevrolet Colorado Show Truck
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
SouthernSxSRiders :: General :: Other BS-
Jump to: