SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Need a Jug and pistons!!

Go down 
+3
8ball_99
Smith700
ewolfe
7 posters
AuthorMessage
ewolfe
SSXSRider Member

Number of posts : 82
Registration date : 2010-12-04

Need a Jug and pistons!! Empty
PostSubject: Need a Jug and pistons!!   Need a Jug and pistons!! EmptyMon Apr 18, 2011 8:46 pm

One of my rods transformed into a J and busted the jug and piston along the way. I've decided to buy a Hot Rods crank and rod kit, but I can not afford a big bore kit too so I'm looking for some one who has upgraded to a Big Bore and would like to sell their stock jug and pistons.

I need to get back in the woods...soon. Help me please :)
Back to top Go down
Smith700
SSXSRider Member

Number of posts : 2713
Registration date : 2009-08-21

PostSubject: Re: Need a Jug and pistons!!   Need a Jug and pistons!! EmptyMon Apr 18, 2011 8:59 pm

Have you thought about boring your stock cylinder?? I know I can get a stock Rhino 700 686cc (102mm) jug bored to a 720cc (105mm) at a local race shop for $50.00.
Back to top Go down
ewolfe
SSXSRider Member

PostSubject: Re: Need a Jug and pistons!!   Need a Jug and pistons!! EmptyMon Apr 18, 2011 9:02 pm

Oh, sorry, I forgot to mention that the failure completely busted the bottom skirts (yes, both sides) of the cylinder bore as it protrudes down from the jug...it's a frickin' mess.
Back to top Go down
Smith700
SSXSRider Member

Number of posts : 2713
Registration date : 2009-08-21

PostSubject: Re: Need a Jug and pistons!!   Need a Jug and pistons!! EmptyMon Apr 18, 2011 9:13 pm

Dang.......I would check eBay or craigslist. I have seen a bunch of stock Polaris 760cc jug's on there.
Back to top Go down
8ball_99
SSXSRider Member
8ball_99

Number of posts : 1370
Registration date : 2010-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Need a Jug and pistons!!   Need a Jug and pistons!! EmptyMon Apr 18, 2011 9:57 pm

X2 on ebay.. A lot of places give discounts for useable cores, so its hard to find stock stuff.
Back to top Go down
ridepate
SSXSRider Staff
ridepate

Number of posts : 6409
Registration date : 2009-04-23

PostSubject: Re: Need a Jug and pistons!!   Need a Jug and pistons!! EmptyMon Apr 18, 2011 11:01 pm

I think the RZR cylinder is nicasel plated, it cannot be bored. You can ge it re-sleaved tho. I too would check-E-Bay.
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

Number of posts : 16074
Registration date : 2008-02-26

PostSubject: Re: Need a Jug and pistons!!   Need a Jug and pistons!! EmptyTue Apr 19, 2011 1:21 am

ridepate wrote:
I think the RZR cylinder is nicasel plated, it cannot be bored. You can ge it re-sleaved tho. I too would check-E-Bay.

Your are 100% right pate.

Yes I would check Ebay, Cheap Cycle Parts .com and Trinity Racing if you want to Big Bore it. I spent about $1400 in parts for the Big Bore. However, that was with exchange.
Back to top Go down
CatMostFeared
SSXSRider Member
CatMostFeared

Number of posts : 1827
Registration date : 2010-08-25

PostSubject: Re: Need a Jug and pistons!!   Need a Jug and pistons!! EmptyTue Apr 19, 2011 1:25 am

oh ouch affraid
Back to top Go down
http://www.catmostfeared.com
T-ROY

Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2011-02-21

PostSubject: Re: Need a Jug and pistons!!   Need a Jug and pistons!! EmptyWed Apr 20, 2011 4:55 pm

I HAVE A CYLINDER & PISTONS HERE AT THE SHOP (USED) . CALL TROY AT YAMAHA OF LOUISVILLE AT 502 254 1188
Back to top Go down
ewolfe
SSXSRider Member

PostSubject: Re: Need a Jug and pistons!!   Need a Jug and pistons!! EmptyThu Apr 21, 2011 6:41 pm

Thank you T-Roy!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you too Big-R for the heads-up. I'm gonna check my settings as I didn't get any emails about posts.

Thanks again guys. With any luck I can get everything together and get back out in the woods while the weather is still mild.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Need a Jug and pistons!!   Need a Jug and pistons!! Empty

Back to top Go down

Need a Jug and pistons!!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
SouthernSxSRiders :: The Machines :: Polaris-
Jump to: