SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Roll Call...Hoping all our members are okay after all these storms!

Go down 
+10
DOG
nocerisdave
Rhino Rob
bush
Stench
Big-R
Sporto
MuddyBuddy
wvyankee2
Woodtick
14 posters
AuthorMessage
Woodtick
SSXSRider Member
Woodtick

Number of posts : 3254
Registration date : 2008-11-15

Roll Call...Hoping all our members are okay after all these storms! Empty
PostSubject: Roll Call...Hoping all our members are okay after all these storms!   Roll Call...Hoping all our members are okay after all these storms! EmptyFri Apr 29, 2011 12:47 pm

We got what might have been the worst storm in the 40 years that I've lived here last night. Thank God it didn't last long. Tore up some trees and blew shit around all over the place but no real damage to homes in the neighborhood. You folks down South please check in and let us know you're alright. Thanks all.
Back to top Go down
wvyankee2
SSXSRider Member
wvyankee2

Number of posts : 10318
Registration date : 2008-01-22

PostSubject: Re: Roll Call...Hoping all our members are okay after all these storms!   Roll Call...Hoping all our members are okay after all these storms! EmptyFri Apr 29, 2011 1:35 pm

Did not get much of anything here Tick.
Back to top Go down
MuddyBuddy
SSXSRider Member
MuddyBuddy

Number of posts : 2085
Registration date : 2010-01-03

PostSubject: Re: Roll Call...Hoping all our members are okay after all these storms!   Roll Call...Hoping all our members are okay after all these storms! EmptyFri Apr 29, 2011 8:48 pm

It rolled through sporto's area I hope hes ok! Im just north of him and a couple trees down and ripped some shingles and roofs off over by flanny but thats about it
Back to top Go down
Sporto
SSXSRider Member
Sporto

Number of posts : 688
Registration date : 2009-07-10

PostSubject: Re: Roll Call...Hoping all our members are okay after all these storms!   Roll Call...Hoping all our members are okay after all these storms! EmptyFri Apr 29, 2011 9:56 pm

Still in the dark and just started getting a cell signal and checking the internet. All is well on the home front. Had to drive about 100 miles yesterday morning for gas for my generator. It was some crazy stuff hope noceris is alright anyone heard from him?
Back to top Go down
wvyankee2
SSXSRider Member
wvyankee2

PostSubject: Re: Roll Call...Hoping all our members are okay after all these storms!   Roll Call...Hoping all our members are okay after all these storms! EmptyFri Apr 29, 2011 10:51 pm

Noceris is OK. allright
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

Number of posts : 16074
Registration date : 2008-02-26

PostSubject: Re: Roll Call...Hoping all our members are okay after all these storms!   Roll Call...Hoping all our members are okay after all these storms! EmptyFri Apr 29, 2011 11:13 pm

I hope all of our guys are alright.
Back to top Go down
Stench
SSXSRider Member
Stench

Number of posts : 424
Registration date : 2010-01-26

PostSubject: Re: Roll Call...Hoping all our members are okay after all these storms!   Roll Call...Hoping all our members are okay after all these storms! EmptySat Apr 30, 2011 12:16 am

Few dents in my truck from the hail, but good otherwise. Lots of damage just north and south of here. All good with Bush and Jerry?
Back to top Go down
bush
SSXSRider Staff
bush

Number of posts : 6141
Registration date : 2008-06-06

PostSubject: Re: Roll Call...Hoping all our members are okay after all these storms!   Roll Call...Hoping all our members are okay after all these storms! EmptySat Apr 30, 2011 5:50 am

im good. not heard from jerry but he should be fine. hit north of us. all i can say is it looks like a war zone in Glade Springs VA at least 8 dead.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/bushrhino
Rhino Rob
SSXSRider Member
Rhino Rob

Number of posts : 2577
Registration date : 2009-01-25
Location : the home of the volunteers and port st joe tiger sharks

PostSubject: Re: Roll Call...Hoping all our members are okay after all these storms!   Roll Call...Hoping all our members are okay after all these storms! EmptySat Apr 30, 2011 5:55 am

still working, 16 hour days since monday. no rest for the wicked lol!
Back to top Go down
MuddyBuddy
SSXSRider Member
MuddyBuddy

PostSubject: Re: Roll Call...Hoping all our members are okay after all these storms!   Roll Call...Hoping all our members are okay after all these storms! EmptySun May 01, 2011 12:44 am

Spent the day in Knoxville, which got hit alot harder than i thought!! Me and corey rolled around and checked it out. The big dealership down there was awfulllly empty!!!!! The few we saw looked like a pissed off gf went to town with a golf club. His momma showed me pics of egg + sized hail that pelted them.
Back to top Go down
nocerisdave
SSXSRider Member
nocerisdave

Number of posts : 5674

PostSubject: Re: Roll Call...Hoping all our members are okay after all these storms!   Roll Call...Hoping all our members are okay after all these storms! EmptySun May 01, 2011 12:47 am

Still kickin. No power here either. Since we are emergency responders we were able to get fuel without the lines, thank goodness.
Back to top Go down
MuddyBuddy
SSXSRider Member
MuddyBuddy

PostSubject: Re: Roll Call...Hoping all our members are okay after all these storms!   Roll Call...Hoping all our members are okay after all these storms! EmptySun May 01, 2011 12:55 am

Tory, Dave, glad yall are ok!!!!! If yall need anything just holla up above the state line!!!
Back to top Go down
DOG
SSXSRider Member
DOG

Number of posts : 1305
Registration date : 2010-02-20

PostSubject: Re: Roll Call...Hoping all our members are okay after all these storms!   Roll Call...Hoping all our members are okay after all these storms! EmptySun May 01, 2011 10:54 am

ok here hit in ringgold just about 15 miles north of me real hard they are reporting it was an f4 size tornado there. i worked there friday night helping secure the area it is a huge mess.
Back to top Go down
Goose
SSXSRider Member
Goose

Number of posts : 2971
Registration date : 2010-03-15

PostSubject: Re: Roll Call...Hoping all our members are okay after all these storms!   Roll Call...Hoping all our members are okay after all these storms! EmptySun May 15, 2011 7:19 pm

Well, Our house got hit in the tornado at 12:45 am on the 28th but we only lost shingles and a 4x8 sheet of roof decking (found in the front yard ~ 250 feet away) which resulted in the master bedroom ceiling falling in after 1.69 inches of rain. Almost every room in the house has water damage. It is really something sitting in the living room watching water stream down the walls at 3 am knowing that you don't have enough tarps to do any good. I told the wife that it'll be fixed no problem. The Southern wall was moved 4-6 inches the East wall was buckled, 51/2 days without power, 8 days without cable, and 18 days without internet, and we were blessed we are not hurt and we still have a house. My neighbors weren't so blessed there were three that lost thier homes and about a mile from me two died. A cattle farmer down the road lost 42 cattle and has no clue where they are. Never saw anything like it came and gone in a matter of 4-6 seconds. Down from my place it looks like a bush hog came through set at about 15 feet high and 1/4 to 1/2 mile wide that wacked everything in its path. We lost about 60 trees snapped like a twigg. My old Massey 35 earned its fuel and so did the Cat. It wasn't feeding hogs but hauling and being used like a yard truck. I'd still be working if it wasn't for some very nice folks that helped us and these machines. We have started repairs to the house that were estimated to be about $48K. Sould be finished with the repairs in another 3-4 weeks. We were Blessed. I need to ride!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
hillbillyrzrs
SSXSRider Member
hillbillyrzrs

Number of posts : 366
Registration date : 2008-11-11

PostSubject: Re: Roll Call...Hoping all our members are okay after all these storms!   Roll Call...Hoping all our members are okay after all these storms! EmptySun May 15, 2011 7:22 pm

Glad to hear you are all ok.
Back to top Go down
Foxfire
SSXSRider Member
Foxfire

Number of posts : 6060
Registration date : 2008-04-01

PostSubject: Re: Roll Call...Hoping all our members are okay after all these storms!   Roll Call...Hoping all our members are okay after all these storms! EmptySun May 15, 2011 9:09 pm

Wow Goose....bummer on the destruction....super glad you and yours are all ok!!!
Back to top Go down
wvyankee2
SSXSRider Member
wvyankee2

PostSubject: Re: Roll Call...Hoping all our members are okay after all these storms!   Roll Call...Hoping all our members are okay after all these storms! EmptySun May 15, 2011 9:37 pm

Goose wrote:
We were Blessed. I need to ride!!!!!!!

Sorry about the damage Goose. Very glad it was not worse. Hope to see you on the trail this year.
Back to top Go down
Goose
SSXSRider Member
Goose

PostSubject: Re: Roll Call...Hoping all our members are okay after all these storms!   Roll Call...Hoping all our members are okay after all these storms! EmptyMon May 16, 2011 9:11 pm

Thanks guys. We are doing fine we just have to make our way through the red tape and construction. Nothing is easy these days.
Back to top Go down
Gimpy
SSXSRider Member
Gimpy

Number of posts : 7708
Registration date : 2009-10-01

PostSubject: Re: Roll Call...Hoping all our members are okay after all these storms!   Roll Call...Hoping all our members are okay after all these storms! EmptyMon May 16, 2011 9:28 pm

Sorry about your damage. Glad to hear a friend and his family are ok, but pray for those who were not so lucky. Ride with us soon.
Back to top Go down
http://lwurzel@twc.com
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

Number of posts : 16074
Registration date : 2008-02-26

PostSubject: Re: Roll Call...Hoping all our members are okay after all these storms!   Roll Call...Hoping all our members are okay after all these storms! EmptyMon May 16, 2011 10:20 pm

Goose wrote:
Thanks guys. We are doing fine we just have to make our way through the red tape and construction. Nothing is easy these days.

Houses can be replaced!!!!! I am glad you and yours are okay. I wish you were closer. I would make sure the house was repaired correctly!
Back to top Go down
Goose
SSXSRider Member
Goose

PostSubject: Re: Roll Call...Hoping all our members are okay after all these storms!   Roll Call...Hoping all our members are okay after all these storms! EmptyTue May 17, 2011 7:49 am

Thanks R that is nice of you.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Roll Call...Hoping all our members are okay after all these storms!   Roll Call...Hoping all our members are okay after all these storms! Empty

Back to top Go down

Roll Call...Hoping all our members are okay after all these storms!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
SouthernSxSRiders :: General :: Other BS-
Jump to: