SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Harness and Bar.

Go down 
+7
rubicon05
shawnley1222
rhinomikey
c5tiger
Last Chance Rhino
rcmass
wvyankee2
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
wvyankee2
SSXSRider Member
wvyankee2

Number of posts : 10318
Registration date : 2008-01-22

Harness and Bar. Empty
PostSubject: Harness and Bar.   Harness and Bar. EmptyMon May 12, 2008 12:37 pm

OK folks. I need to get a Harness set up for my Rhino. I know there are alot on here that already have them. So, I'm going to post what I'm looking at buying and you can tell me what you think and what you have. I don't have any experience with these scratch , so I need to tap some knowledge from my buddies.

Here is the bar I'm looking at. Rock Hard with shoulder belt snap in rings.

Harness and Bar. Bartd7
Harness and Bar. Bartd7.205a2491a3

Harness and Bar. Bar1nv8
Harness and Bar. Bar1nv8.0dd2a5cde9

Here is the belt. Not exactly the same but close. The one i'm looking at has the bolt in belt, and the snap in shoulder harness. Do you know any other harnesses that have the snap in connections? I also would really like to go with a Automotive type lap buckle. I may have to get my harness and belt separate to get what "I THINK" I want. What do ya all think Question :idea:

Harness and Bar. Beltii3
Harness and Bar. Beltii3.0bae39892d

This is the set up I would really like, just with the snap in harnesses.

Harness and Bar. 15ed1sc8
Harness and Bar. 15ed1sc8.4b88c08962
Back to top Go down
rcmass

rcmass

Number of posts : 999
Registration date : 2008-02-01

Harness and Bar. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Harness and Bar.   Harness and Bar. EmptyMon May 12, 2008 2:15 pm

that bar is ideal for all applications! THE BRP HARNESS BAR SUCKS!!! WHEN I REPLACE MINE - I WILL GET THE SAME!!!
I should've done way more research and not bought the cheapest thing - stupid!! But I like the bar you show beacuse:

-you can adjust the height
-its not in the way of bed tilt
-it will allow for high backs
-and it sturdy...
me personally though, I like th wrinkle black finish better than powdercoat gloss...
I also think HW sells one and a matching T bar handle for the passenger that I will also be getting sometime...

As for the belts - they are VERY PERSONAL - let me just explain my opinions....

personally - I am not a fan of the Y harness - I felt it too much on a friends ride with it - may have been his set up - but I didnt like it... I like seperate straps whether you clip (bolt) on or wrap around and use cinch metal thingys (nice tech term huh?) Also - I think you just ordered some high backs right? If so - you may be locked into a Y belt... check with manuf and see what they recommend...

also - IMO - splurge for 3" padded - you wont regret it - UNLESS you have a child or really small framed woman riding in passenger seat REGULARY... (meaning they can tough out the big straps not fitting exactly if its every so often)

also - IMO - I wish I would've splurged and gotten cam buckles... THEY MAKE LIFE EASIER... I am really never jealous of anyone's mods - but my neighbors belt and seat setup is like floating on a cloud of titties!
http://www.simpsonraceproducts.com/products/products.aspx?cat_id=181

AGAIN - JUST MY OPINIONS! and as always - let us know what got and what you love and hate about it! Good luck... also remember....... I should've done way more research and not bought the cheapest thing - stupid!! THIS IS SAFETY AND COMFORT!!
Back to top Go down
rcmass

rcmass

Harness and Bar. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Harness and Bar.   Harness and Bar. EmptyMon May 12, 2008 2:18 pm

I forgot one thing... my seat lowering bases moved my seats out about a half inch... and the bolt on belts would be off a lil to one side - another reason I like loop back systems - unless you can do a lil customization
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Harness and Bar. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Harness and Bar.   Harness and Bar. EmptyMon May 12, 2008 11:19 pm

Hey Yankee i just put the Belts like in first pics on our new rear cage :) They are the crow 3 in and seem like the perfect ones to keep my 10 yr old in the back end(hence the term KEEP) Rolling Eyes lol! But like rcmass said let us know and as always pics to cheers
Back to top Go down
rcmass

rcmass

Harness and Bar. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Harness and Bar.   Harness and Bar. EmptyTue May 13, 2008 6:32 am

come on folks - I know a ton more of oyu have or have had experience with belts and bars...

give the guy some feedback so he can make an informed purchasing decision...
Back to top Go down
Last Chance Rhino
SSXSRider Member

Number of posts : 131
Registration date : 2008-03-16

Harness and Bar. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Harness and Bar.   Harness and Bar. EmptyTue May 13, 2008 8:16 am

I have the same bar and it works good for me. I am using the Simpson D3 2-1/4" harness and attached to the bar with the wrap-around sytle attachment. With this harness you only have one link to fasten.
Back to top Go down
wvyankee2
SSXSRider Member
wvyankee2

Harness and Bar. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Harness and Bar.   Harness and Bar. EmptyTue May 13, 2008 9:55 am

Thanks for the input guy's. I am in no hurry to get this. Kind of waiting for Clayboy to open up shop, and see what he can come up with. Keep the info comin though.
Back to top Go down
c5tiger

Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2008-04-11

Harness and Bar. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Harness and Bar.   Harness and Bar. EmptyTue May 13, 2008 10:16 am

wvyankee2, I have one harness left over from my rhino that I was hoping would fit my rzr but it doesn't. It is a crow Y harness like in your bottom picture but latches together like the blue one in the picture above it. I used it for 2 years but its in good shape. I would sell it cheap since I don't need it anymore.
The rzr has the bar in the back to attach the belt, my old rhino did not. I think the bar setup is a little more comfortable but it may just be the fact that my new belt is padded.
Back to top Go down
wvyankee2
SSXSRider Member
wvyankee2

Harness and Bar. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Harness and Bar.   Harness and Bar. EmptyTue May 13, 2008 2:32 pm

Think I found the Harness I'm looking for. Corbeau, ever heard of them? Well they have the automotive type buckle and the snap in harnesses, in 3 or 4 point. Sugg. retail $79.99 each

Harness and Bar. Corbeaucn7
Harness and Bar. Corbeaucn7.c99bb39edd
Back to top Go down
rhinomikey

rhinomikey

Number of posts : 88
Registration date : 2008-04-20

Harness and Bar. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Harness and Bar.   Harness and Bar. EmptyTue May 13, 2008 10:16 pm

[quote="wvyankee2"]OK folks. I need to get a Harness set up for my Rhino. I know there are alot on here that already have them. So, I'm going to post what I'm looking at buying and you can tell me what you think and what you have. I don't have any experience with these scratch , so I need to tap some knowledge from my buddies.

Here is the bar I'm looking at. Rock Hard with shoulder belt snap in rings.

Harness and Bar. Bartd7
Harness and Bar. Bartd7.205a2491a3

Where can I get this bar?? I like it and I need one myself!!
Back to top Go down
wvyankee2
SSXSRider Member
wvyankee2

Harness and Bar. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Harness and Bar.   Harness and Bar. EmptyTue May 13, 2008 10:22 pm

Back to top Go down
shawnley1222
SSXSRider Member
shawnley1222

Number of posts : 2745

Harness and Bar. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Harness and Bar.   Harness and Bar. EmptyTue May 13, 2008 10:24 pm

I bet if i could find the mounting hardware i could make them and sell for less
Back to top Go down
rubicon05

rubicon05

Number of posts : 396
Registration date : 2008-01-31

Harness and Bar. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Harness and Bar.   Harness and Bar. EmptyWed May 14, 2008 7:36 am

shawnley1222 wrote:
I bet if i could find the mounting hardware i could make them and sell for less

i think you should look into it....and make us all happy!!!
Back to top Go down
shawnley1222
SSXSRider Member
shawnley1222

Harness and Bar. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Harness and Bar.   Harness and Bar. EmptyWed May 14, 2008 7:41 am

Well if yall want look around as well and if yall find em let me know and ill do the rest
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1435
Registration date : 2008-01-21

Harness and Bar. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Harness and Bar.   Harness and Bar. EmptyWed May 14, 2008 10:31 am

thats a nice bar yankee...Todd from Hunterworks sells them too
Back to top Go down
rcmass

rcmass

Harness and Bar. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Harness and Bar.   Harness and Bar. EmptyWed May 14, 2008 10:35 am

yes he does wheelin....

also shawnley - search rf.net - someone found those clamps somewhere... just dont remember where.... maybe "want to buy" section ???
Back to top Go down
shawnley1222
SSXSRider Member
shawnley1222

Harness and Bar. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Harness and Bar.   Harness and Bar. EmptyWed May 14, 2008 11:23 am

so much work searchin over there though im such a slow reader :evil: it takes me forever maybe later i will
Back to top Go down
Last Chance Rhino
SSXSRider Member

Number of posts : 131
Registration date : 2008-03-16

Harness and Bar. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Harness and Bar.   Harness and Bar. EmptyWed May 14, 2008 10:00 pm

Some don't like the sewn-in shoulder belts that are wide apart at the lap belt as they tend to slide off the shoulder. Some safety issues have been raised and some companies not longer offer that type. Not being critical and they may work fine for you, just sharing a thought.
Back to top Go down
rhinomikey

rhinomikey

Number of posts : 88
Registration date : 2008-04-20

Harness and Bar. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Harness and Bar.   Harness and Bar. EmptyThu May 15, 2008 12:35 am

Thanks for the link wvyankee2!
Back to top Go down
rubicon05

rubicon05

Number of posts : 396
Registration date : 2008-01-31

Harness and Bar. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Harness and Bar.   Harness and Bar. EmptyThu May 15, 2008 9:50 am

you can buy them from poison spyder customs. http://poisonspydercustoms.com
Back to top Go down
Clayboy
SSXSRider Member
Clayboy

Number of posts : 1861

Harness and Bar. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Harness and Bar.   Harness and Bar. EmptyThu May 15, 2008 10:46 am

Harness and Bar. Dsc02973

$37 a piece and good quality tube is about $4 a foot. $139 ain't too bad for one already powder coated. Wink
Back to top Go down
shawnley1222
SSXSRider Member
shawnley1222

Harness and Bar. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Harness and Bar.   Harness and Bar. EmptyThu May 15, 2008 4:44 pm

I wonder if i could make those 2? Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
briankgray

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2008-06-05

Harness and Bar. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Harness and Bar.   Harness and Bar. EmptyTue Jun 17, 2008 4:39 pm

I have the UTVcrap harness bar on my 08 and the 3inch crow padded harnesses. Everything works great. The coating on the UTVcrap bar matches the stock cage. And the padding on the crow harnesses make a long bumpy ride that much nicer. I couldn't be happier with mine. It keeps my cargo safe.Harness and Bar. Jhrhin14
Back to top Go down
Clayboy
SSXSRider Member
Clayboy

Number of posts : 1861

Harness and Bar. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Harness and Bar.   Harness and Bar. EmptyTue Jul 08, 2008 11:27 am

Ok boys, I got the Rock Hard Harness bar and 3" Crowe belts in a package. $315 for the package deal. PM me for phone # if you need more info.

Not a real picture, my bars are all black wrinkle finish.
Harness and Bar. Bartd7

Last edited by Clayboy on Tue Jul 08, 2008 1:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
ChrisC
SSXSRider Member
ChrisC

Number of posts : 5483
Registration date : 2008-06-30

Harness and Bar. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Harness and Bar.   Harness and Bar. EmptyTue Jul 08, 2008 11:45 am

Clayboy , I love the way your bars have been sanded down and
painted gloss black , i like that more than the wrinckle finish
from the factory. i may do mine that way. but its going to be some
work... Wink

Chris
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Harness and Bar. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Harness and Bar.   Harness and Bar. Empty

Back to top Go down

Harness and Bar.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next