Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalFAQRegisterLog in

Need advice to get back to SXS riding

Go down 
AuthorMessage
martman100
SSXSRider Member
martman100

Number of posts : 89
Registration date : 2008-11-24

Need advice to get back to SXS riding Empty
PostSubject: Need advice to get back to SXS riding   Need advice to get back to SXS riding EmptySun May 22, 2011 4:30 pm

Okay trying to get the wife to approve the purchase of another sxs. She is actually pushing towards this purchase so hopefully she doesn't change her mind. However, I need some advice on what to buy. I need a standard width rzr and not sure if I should buy new 2011 or look at a 2008 or so. I am not sure the diff between the new and the 2008 and what improvements. I will be financing this purchase but be putting a 2 or 3 grand down. I used to have a rhino and had one hell of a ride at brimstone with most folks on here.

Really trying to get the wife back on board and since we are selling a like new camper and a yz450 I will have some cash to put towards the purchase.

Thanks for your help as always.

Marty U.
Back to top Go down
8ball_99
SSXSRider Member
8ball_99

Number of posts : 1364
Registration date : 2010-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Need advice to get back to SXS riding   Need advice to get back to SXS riding EmptySun May 22, 2011 5:46 pm

Well I just bought a used 09 S, Because I got a good deal and it only had 600 miles.. I would not buy a 2008 model if I were you inless you get a Hell of a deal... Like 6500.. Not a ton of changes from 08 to 09 but a lot of little ones and the 08s had bad air intakes so its pretty common for used ones to burn oil

Since you are going to fiance it I'd probably pony up for a 2011 model. They have lots of improvements over the older ones.. Again nothing to major but a lot of little things. I probably wouldn't spend much more then 1500-2k for a 2011 over the price of a used 09 or 10 though. So if you come across a used one for 8k I'd probably go for it over a new one..

Really though you might want to just go look at them. Lots of different models over the past couple years.. You might see a color you just have to have.. lol I was very tempted to spend an extra 1500 or so on a used orange S.. already had the 01 on the side and the rebel flag on the roof..
Back to top Go down
wvyankee2
SSXSRider Member
wvyankee2

Number of posts : 10317
Registration date : 2008-01-22

PostSubject: Re: Need advice to get back to SXS riding   Need advice to get back to SXS riding EmptySun May 22, 2011 6:48 pm

Back to top Go down
bush
SSXSRider Staff
bush

Number of posts : 6018
Registration date : 2008-06-06

PostSubject: Re: Need advice to get back to SXS riding   Need advice to get back to SXS riding EmptySun May 22, 2011 8:07 pm

i would not look at an 08. 09s are good some 2010s have trans trouble have to check build date. the 11s get much better MPG.

Need advice to get back to SXS riding FIRE3
Need advice to get back to SXS riding Vic37l10

Lucky Rabbit Foot Key Chain Club
Conference Committee member
SSXSR Member # 55

2015 rzr 4 900
2012 silver rzrS  sold
2010 orange madness rzrS  sold
2009 orange rzr le  crashed
2004 rhino  sold

https://www.youtube.com/bushrhino
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/bushrhino
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

Number of posts : 16074
Registration date : 2008-02-26

PostSubject: Re: Need advice to get back to SXS riding   Need advice to get back to SXS riding EmptyMon May 23, 2011 6:34 am

Hey Marty, it is good to see that you are thinking about getting another sxs.

Like bush said, try and get an 09 if you are looking for a used one. Do not buy a 08.

Now let me ask why you have to have a 50 inch wide RZR?

14 RZR XP 900 4
2012 Teryx 4
11 RZR XP 900 sold
08 RZR S 820 sold
08 Rhino 700EFI sold
2013 Teryx 4 LE sold

Red Rhino keychain club  

SouthernSxSRider Member # 1
Back to top Go down
martman100
SSXSRider Member
martman100

PostSubject: Re: Need advice to get back to SXS riding   Need advice to get back to SXS riding EmptyMon May 23, 2011 10:30 am

I wanted to stay with the 50 inch due to some tight areas that I may be able to ride here in the city. Not really sure that is necessary and after doing some more reading I am not sure that is the route I will go since I really like the S. I am still working the wife to get her on board with buying one. She seems a bit reluctant so it may take me some time.
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

PostSubject: Re: Need advice to get back to SXS riding   Need advice to get back to SXS riding EmptyMon May 23, 2011 10:51 am

Marty, I would really consider the S over the stander. Don't buy a machine because of what you "might" ride. The S has fit in all the Trails that I have road around Louisville.

What about the little guy? Is he not going to ride with you anymore? The RZR 4 has been a really impressive machine. You might want to look at it too.

14 RZR XP 900 4
2012 Teryx 4
11 RZR XP 900 sold
08 RZR S 820 sold
08 Rhino 700EFI sold
2013 Teryx 4 LE sold

Red Rhino keychain club  

Back to top Go down
martman100
SSXSRider Member
martman100

PostSubject: Re: Need advice to get back to SXS riding   Need advice to get back to SXS riding EmptyTue May 24, 2011 7:40 am

Nah the next machine is going to be for Mom and I. I just sold his KTM 65 as he is more of a baseball/basketball sort of kid. She mentioned last night about buying an ATV versus a sxs due to portability but I am not sold on that idea either yet.

Hard to spend 12K on a toy after I had one and she thought it would be best to sell it since we didn't get to ride much.

I refuse to go empty handed though.
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

PostSubject: Re: Need advice to get back to SXS riding   Need advice to get back to SXS riding EmptyTue May 24, 2011 5:46 pm

Get a side by side and ride more. There are a lot of guys on the site that are here in Louisville. There is a lot of riding going on. I don't think you will be happy going back to an ATV if she is going to ride with you.

14 RZR XP 900 4
2012 Teryx 4
11 RZR XP 900 sold
08 RZR S 820 sold
08 Rhino 700EFI sold
2013 Teryx 4 LE sold

Red Rhino keychain club  

Back to top Go down
Gimpy
SSXSRider Member
Gimpy

Number of posts : 7590
Registration date : 2009-10-01

PostSubject: Re: Need advice to get back to SXS riding   Need advice to get back to SXS riding EmptyTue May 24, 2011 9:21 pm

I am here in Louisville too. I have had a 2008 RZR, and now have had the 2010 RZRS for the last 2 years. The S is far better. If you could get a deal on a 2011RZR or RZRS, you will like the milage better. If I had the time to start building another machine, it would be a 2011. I have to fill up on some of the rides, while friends who have the 2011's make it with fuel to spare.
Back to top Go down
http://lwurzel@twc.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Need advice to get back to SXS riding   Need advice to get back to SXS riding Empty

Back to top Go down

Need advice to get back to SXS riding
Page 1 of 1