SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Flushing the Tranny

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
chipper
SSXSRider Member
chipper

Number of posts : 1035
Registration date : 2010-12-30

Flushing the Tranny Empty
PostSubject: Flushing the Tranny   Flushing the Tranny EmptySun May 29, 2011 6:42 pm

I dropped the RZR off in a little old mud hole friday down in Brimstone and had to get pulled out. I got to checking it out and I had a vent line for the transmission that had come lose and it took in a bunch of mud water. Needless to say I got towed back to camp and assessed the damage.

I know on my fourwheeler I always flushed the differentials out with diesel when I needed to. What about the tranny? What should I flush it with? I don't want to cause any more damage that is needed, any help would be appreciated.

Back to top Go down
nocerisdave
SSXSRider Member
nocerisdave

Number of posts : 5674
Registration date : 2008-01-22

PostSubject: Re: Flushing the Tranny   Flushing the Tranny EmptySun May 29, 2011 10:50 pm

I sunk mine in a creak and got water anywhere water could be held. Tranny, engine. front and rear diff. I used Sea Foam in them all along with el-cheap-o fluids and every thing has been great, except for the front diff, since. That was around 1500 to 1700 miles ago. I flushed as many times as needed until I didnt see any milky fluids. Also changed the fluids twice after 30-40 miles runs. You can get it just about any where thats sell auto parts. Lets us know how it turns out.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/search?rh=i:automotive,k:seafoam+motor+treatment&keywords=seafoam+motor+treatment&ie=UTF8&qid=1282286605
Back to top Go down
chipper
SSXSRider Member
chipper

PostSubject: Re: Flushing the Tranny   Flushing the Tranny EmptyMon May 30, 2011 11:06 am

Dave did you mix it with a cheap oil too or use it straight. I've used marvel mystery oil mixed with cheap oil to flush the engine

There are no specs on the transmissions fluid and of course polaris is closed.
Back to top Go down
nocerisdave
SSXSRider Member
nocerisdave

PostSubject: Re: Flushing the Tranny   Flushing the Tranny EmptyMon May 30, 2011 1:13 pm

Yes I used cheap oil mixed with the Sea Foam. If you get it local it will probably cost you 8-10$ a can I used two cans. I ran mine for short periods while up on a lift, until the milky went away, then went riding for 30 or so miles changed it again....did that twice. Amsoil carries a very similar trans fluid though I have never used it. Always went back to the AGL fliud from POPO. Both are synthetic.

Amsoil part numbers... TCC chaincase lube Part numbers 2871280, 2871478 and 2873602
Back to top Go down
chipper
SSXSRider Member
chipper

PostSubject: Re: Flushing the Tranny   Flushing the Tranny EmptyWed Jun 01, 2011 10:10 pm

I got it all flush and looking good now, next weekend we will be at the horse park and just riding really easy so I'll probably drain it after that and call it done. Thanks dave.
Back to top Go down
nocerisdave
SSXSRider Member
nocerisdave

PostSubject: Re: Flushing the Tranny   Flushing the Tranny EmptyThu Jun 02, 2011 12:54 am

Your welcome. Just passing along info that has been given to me. Thats what makes this forum cool.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Flushing the Tranny   Flushing the Tranny Empty

Back to top Go down

Flushing the Tranny
Page 1 of 1