SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

toy hauler furniture

Go down 
+2
Big-R
merlin
6 posters
AuthorMessage
merlin
SSXSRider Member

Number of posts : 54
Registration date : 2011-03-03

toy hauler furniture Empty
PostSubject: toy hauler furniture   toy hauler furniture EmptyWed Jun 15, 2011 8:42 am

im ready to start working on my 24' x 8 1/2 v nose trailer, does anyone know where i can get stuff like lite cabnets, fridge, dinette, beds. or maybe a camper salvage yard near louisville. i dont have a clue on how im gonna lay it out so if anybody has any pics of there setup, please post em. Thanks
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

Number of posts : 16074
Registration date : 2008-02-26

PostSubject: Re: toy hauler furniture   toy hauler furniture EmptyWed Jun 15, 2011 8:50 am

merlin wrote:
im ready to start working on my 24' x 8 1/2 v nose trailer, does anyone know where i can get stuff like lite cabnets, fridge, dinette, beds. or maybe a camper salvage yard near louisville. i dont have a clue on how im gonna lay it out so if anybody has any pics of there setup, please post em. Thanks

I would start by asking 8ball 99. Here is a good thread of his build..

https://southernsxsriders.forumakers.com/t9378-my-new-cargo-trailer-toy-hauler
Back to top Go down
pit dog
SSXSRider Member
pit dog

Number of posts : 1380
Registration date : 2010-02-28

PostSubject: Re: toy hauler furniture   toy hauler furniture EmptyWed Jun 15, 2011 9:02 am

toy hauler furniture Dsc01210toy hauler furniture Dsc01211toy hauler furniture Dsc01212 Merlin this is how my 28" X 8 1/2 work and play is set up. It is 8' to the door. Hope this helps. I have seen some stuff on e-bay.
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

Number of posts : 16074
Registration date : 2008-02-26

PostSubject: Re: toy hauler furniture   toy hauler furniture EmptyWed Jun 15, 2011 9:21 am

toy hauler furniture Dsc01210

Did you mark the exit just in case you forget where it is.......drunken roflmao
Back to top Go down
8ball_99
SSXSRider Member
8ball_99

Number of posts : 1370
Registration date : 2010-05-04

PostSubject: Re: toy hauler furniture   toy hauler furniture EmptyWed Jun 15, 2011 3:24 pm

I need to post an update on my thread. I made one of my beds, but I don't think I posted any pics or info on it yet. I just made a frame out of 1" tubing and hinged it onto the wall. I bought a RV memory foam mattress on ebay for 130 to my door. In all it probably cost me about 200 bucks for the whole bed. Works great though and sleeps damn good.

Our other bed works as a dinnet and a bed. Then it all folds up against the wall. Its pretty slick and something I don't think I could have made very easily. Only down side is it cost like 600 bucks. I got it from http://www.blazinbelltech.com They sell it plus they also have some bunk beds and a couch that lays down into a bed.

These people also sell some fold up beds http://www.liftcoinc.com/shop.html I haven't bought or seen their beds in person though.

Can't help on where to get cabinets. IMO RV cabinets are junk. I'm not sure I'd bother trying to salvage some. What ever you do don't buy cabinets made out of particle board like the big box stores sell. With what we do you need pretty much everything in the trailer to be able to handle moisture.. Even if your careful when cleaning to keep stuff dry all it takes is parking your machine inside the trailer on a rainy day then driving home. The moisture in the trailer will play havoc on any pressboard.
Back to top Go down
pit dog
SSXSRider Member
pit dog

Number of posts : 1380
Registration date : 2010-02-28

PostSubject: Re: toy hauler furniture   toy hauler furniture EmptyWed Jun 15, 2011 5:37 pm

Big R you nailed it,what gets me is there are two doors.I am always going the wrong way. Need light up exit signs. lol! thatsright
Back to top Go down
PORKCHOP
SSXSRider Member
PORKCHOP

Number of posts : 56
Registration date : 2011-04-25

PostSubject: Re: toy hauler furniture   toy hauler furniture EmptyWed Jun 15, 2011 9:14 pm

toy hauler furniture 00117

all home made except a few cabinets that I bought at lowes
Back to top Go down
Gimpy
SSXSRider Member
Gimpy

Number of posts : 7708
Registration date : 2009-10-01

PostSubject: Re: toy hauler furniture   toy hauler furniture EmptyWed Jun 15, 2011 9:46 pm

Go by and see Tim at Louisville RV on Outer Loop near I-65. He used to carry crash and burns. Not sure if he still does. Bob Toby or Kevin, Right Stop RV, off Hwy. 61 (Preston Hwy.) near Bernheim Forest exit may have something too.
Back to top Go down
http://lwurzel@twc.com
8ball_99
SSXSRider Member
8ball_99

Number of posts : 1370
Registration date : 2010-05-04

PostSubject: Re: toy hauler furniture   toy hauler furniture EmptyWed Jun 15, 2011 10:33 pm

PORKCHOP wrote:
toy hauler furniture 00117

all home made except a few cabinets that I bought at lowes

Great looking trailer!
Back to top Go down
PORKCHOP
SSXSRider Member
PORKCHOP

Number of posts : 56
Registration date : 2011-04-25

PostSubject: Re: toy hauler furniture   toy hauler furniture EmptyFri Jun 17, 2011 12:42 am

if you find a place that has salvage stuff , I need an awning , would like to have an AE 8500 20 foot long !
Back to top Go down
Gimpy
SSXSRider Member
Gimpy

Number of posts : 7708
Registration date : 2009-10-01

PostSubject: Re: toy hauler furniture   toy hauler furniture EmptySun Jun 19, 2011 8:30 am

PORKCHOP wrote:
if you find a place that has salvage stuff , I need an awning , would like to have an AE 8500 20 foot long !

I'll call Tim next week and see what he has.
Back to top Go down
http://lwurzel@twc.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: toy hauler furniture   toy hauler furniture Empty

Back to top Go down

toy hauler furniture
Page 1 of 1