SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

More on the Wildcat!

Go down 
+21
2Slow4U
Bigmike
TBONE21
KY. Colonel
Goose
mason
Baditude
jasonch
RangeRover
nitefab
Mud-and-Guts
Hollon
pit dog
Big-R
CatMostFeared
nocerisdave
Foxfire
S
AIRBORNE
ridepate
wvyankee2
25 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

Number of posts : 16074
Registration date : 2008-02-26

More on the Wildcat! - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: More on the Wildcat!   More on the Wildcat! - Page 3 EmptyFri Jul 15, 2011 8:14 pm

Baditude wrote:
You know if I get the cat I could always line it up with Hollon and drag for pinks that way I could have the cat and a XP for backup roflmao

You might want to keep the Cat for back up because I am sure the Polaris will break down. roflmao
Back to top Go down
nocerisdave
SSXSRider Member
nocerisdave

Number of posts : 5674
Registration date : 2008-01-22

PostSubject: Re: More on the Wildcat!   More on the Wildcat! - Page 3 EmptyFri Jul 15, 2011 11:00 pm

Bigmike wrote:
Lol, my wife said she wanted a wildcat. I told her she could take over the rzr and I would get the new cat, that didn't fly! She said u always get the new stuff,so I asked her how many 2nd jobs can u work to pay for it!

And then the fight started.
Back to top Go down
2Slow4U
SSXSRider Member
2Slow4U

Number of posts : 1657
Registration date : 2009-05-18

PostSubject: Re: More on the Wildcat!   More on the Wildcat! - Page 3 EmptyFri Jul 15, 2011 11:08 pm

Big-R wrote:
Baditude wrote:
You know if I get the cat I could always line it up with Hollon and drag for pinks that way I could have the cat and a XP for backup roflmao

You might want to keep the Cat for back up because I am sure the Polaris will break down. roflmao

So, you finally admit the REAL reason why you kept the Rhino... has nothing to do with the lake house...

ownedsm roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao
Back to top Go down
http://www.simpletractors.com
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

PostSubject: Re: More on the Wildcat!   More on the Wildcat! - Page 3 EmptySat Jul 16, 2011 8:32 am

2Slow4U wrote:
Big-R wrote:
Baditude wrote:

So, you finally admit the REAL reason why you kept the Rhino... has nothing to do with the lake house...

thatsright She is always there if I need her. Funny thing is, I have not needed her as of yet and I thought I would.
Back to top Go down
2Slow4U
SSXSRider Member
2Slow4U

Number of posts : 1657
Registration date : 2009-05-18

PostSubject: Re: More on the Wildcat!   More on the Wildcat! - Page 3 EmptySat Jul 16, 2011 11:50 am

Big-R wrote:
2Slow4U wrote:
Big-R wrote:
Baditude wrote:

thatsright She is always there if I need her. Funny thing is, I have not needed her as of yet and I thought I would.
More on the Wildcat! - Page 3 L
More on the Wildcat! - Page 3 Yamaha_Logo

Seems appropriate... Prudential Insurance > Yamaha
Back to top Go down
http://www.simpletractors.com
wvyankee2
SSXSRider Member
wvyankee2

Number of posts : 10318

PostSubject: Re: More on the Wildcat!   More on the Wildcat! - Page 3 EmptySat Jul 23, 2011 1:29 am

AC is starting to ramp up the hype. Check out their new sneak peak........

http://www.arcticcat.com/whoa/
Back to top Go down
CatMostFeared
SSXSRider Member
CatMostFeared

Number of posts : 1827
Registration date : 2010-08-25

PostSubject: Re: More on the Wildcat!   More on the Wildcat! - Page 3 EmptySat Jul 23, 2011 3:02 am

Whoa
Back to top Go down
http://www.catmostfeared.com
CatMostFeared
SSXSRider Member
CatMostFeared

Number of posts : 1827
Registration date : 2010-08-25

PostSubject: Re: More on the Wildcat!   More on the Wildcat! - Page 3 EmptySat Jul 23, 2011 3:11 am

Check out the carb info on the new cat.....

http://www.arb.ca.gov/msprog/onroad/...070111_952.pdf
Back to top Go down
http://www.catmostfeared.com
DOG
SSXSRider Member
DOG

Number of posts : 1305
Registration date : 2010-02-20

PostSubject: Re: More on the Wildcat!   More on the Wildcat! - Page 3 EmptySat Jul 23, 2011 8:05 am

signed up for the emails lets see what happens
Back to top Go down
AIRBORNE
SSXSRider Member
AIRBORNE

Number of posts : 6266
Registration date : 2008-05-01

PostSubject: Re: More on the Wildcat!   More on the Wildcat! - Page 3 EmptySat Jul 23, 2011 8:15 am

Don't know which I am more excited about

a) Wildcat
b) TERYX4
c) Polaris' new lineup
d) Having sex again

Well, ok......I guess I do know roflmao
Back to top Go down
https://s300.photobucket.com/albums/nn28/AirborneWV/
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

PostSubject: Re: More on the Wildcat!   More on the Wildcat! - Page 3 EmptySat Jul 23, 2011 9:33 am

927......... It is coming guys. Finally some one is going to try and compete with Polaris. I can't wait bounce
Back to top Go down
wvyankee2
SSXSRider Member
wvyankee2

PostSubject: Re: More on the Wildcat!   More on the Wildcat! - Page 3 EmptySat Jul 23, 2011 12:52 pm

CatMostFeared wrote:
Check out the carb info on the new cat.....

http://www.arb.ca.gov/msprog/onroad/...070111_952.pdf

Link no work.....
Back to top Go down
Smith700
SSXSRider Member

Number of posts : 2713
Registration date : 2009-08-21

PostSubject: Re: More on the Wildcat!   More on the Wildcat! - Page 3 EmptySat Jul 23, 2011 1:05 pm

Big-R wrote:
927......... It is coming guys. Finally some one is going to try and compete with Polaris. I can't wait bounce
I am thinking the same thing!!!!! cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
Foxfire
SSXSRider Member
Foxfire

Number of posts : 6060
Registration date : 2008-04-01

PostSubject: Re: More on the Wildcat!   More on the Wildcat! - Page 3 EmptySat Jul 23, 2011 10:02 pm

All on good time......wasn't that what I said? All in good time.
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

PostSubject: Re: More on the Wildcat!   More on the Wildcat! - Page 3 EmptySat Jul 23, 2011 10:31 pm

I just bought some stock. I am not kidding!
Back to top Go down
nitefab
SSXSRider Member
nitefab

Number of posts : 120
Registration date : 2009-06-10

PostSubject: Re: More on the Wildcat!   More on the Wildcat! - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 26, 2011 8:33 pm

Here is a write up I found on another forum its from dirt trax

http://www.atvmag.com/article.asp?nid=2134&rez=1366&reload=true

Found another one pretty much the same

http://www.utvguide.net/arctic_cat_wildcat.htm
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

PostSubject: Re: More on the Wildcat!   More on the Wildcat! - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 26, 2011 9:19 pm

Unreal!!!!!

By: Announcement
Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Race-Inspired, Pure-Sport ROV Made in America

Inspired by the unforgiving terrain of the Baja 1000, engineered to attack the gnarliest obstacles with precision and control, and crafted in America by a company dedicated to performance and quality, the all-new Arctic Cat Wildcat V-Twin 1000H.O. debuts as themost potent pure-sport recreational off-road vehicle (ROV) ever built.

With industry-leading suspension travel, 13 inches of ground clearance, a full-perimeter frame and the largest displacement engine in its class, the Wildcat is a full-production version ofwhatwas previously reserved for off-road race vehicles.

“TheWildcat has no equal. Period,” said Claude Jordan, Arctic Cat President and CEO. “Our customers asked for a high-performance side-byside, andwe happily responded with a no-compromise, pure-sport hot rod that redefines what’s possible with a production off-road vehicle.”

SUSPENSION Ultimate Long Travel

The Wildcat can effortlessly hammer through whoops and dunes thanks to a front and rear suspension combination that rivals those used on off-road race buggies.

At the rear is an industry-first 5-pointmulti-link trailing armsuspension that keeps the tires' contact patches flatwhile the suspension moves through its industry-leading 18 inches of travel. The unique 5-point multi-link minimizes camber and axle plunge to soak up the harshest terrain without compromising handling and steering.

The double-wishbone front suspension boasts a best-in-class 17 inches of travel,with geometry that’s optimized for stability and control. Both the front and rear suspensions are dampened byWalker Evans Racing shocks.

Designed from a lifetime of off-road competition and experience and also made in the USA, these remote reservoir shocks are machined frombillet aluminum and feature 17-position compression dampening adjustability, dual-rate springs and preload adjustment. They’re calibrated with ample ride-in to keep the Wildcat’s tires on the ground,with consistent dampening for hours of hard riding.

The all-new Duro Kaden 14-in tires were developed specifically for the Wildcat, utilizing an elongated tread pattern designed to extend to the tires shoulder, providing excellent cornering, traction, performance and durability in rough conditions.

Full-Perimeter Exoskeleton

The foundation for the Wildcat’s suspension is a full-perimeter frame that sets a newstandard in strength, rigidity and durability. Usually found only in off-road race trucks, the chassis is constructed from High Strength Low Alloy (HSLA) steelwith a full-perimeter exoskeleton design that’s a first in the ROV class.

With a 40/60 front/rearweight distribution, the Wildcat’s front end remains light for optimal handling when tackling gnarly terrain. Occupants in the cockpit of the Wildcat are positioned close to the low center- of-gravity (CG), leaving them less affected bymovements of the suspension and chassis and producing a more comfortable and confident ride.

1000 H.O. ENGINE

Built in St. Cloud,Minnesota The 1000 H.O engine that powers the new Wildcat is the largest displacement engine in the Pure Sport category, and the idealmatch for the industry-leading suspensions and chassis combo. Built in the USA by Arctic Cat, the 951cc V-Twin, SOHC 4-stroke with Electronic Fuel Injection (EFI) has proven itself on the Prowler XTZ.

On the Wildcat, the 1000 H.O. has been tuned to deliver even stronger acceleration thanks to the extra torque and horsepower provided by heavy breathing 50mm throttle bodies, a new 2-into-1 ceramic-coated exhaust and an all-newair intake system. The close-coupled, mid-chassis engine location neutralizes the Wildcat’s handling, maximizes the rider/passenger volume and reduces cockpit noise.

The engine transfers power to the driveshaft via the Duramatic automatic CVT transmission. The addition of the Spike Load Dampener (SLD) allows the driveline to slip for a millisecond under harsh spikeloads, reducing the torque load to the systemfor optimal durability.

A console-mounted shifter allows quicker gear selection between Reverse, Neutral, High and Low gears. Likewise, a dash-mounted switch activates 2- or 4-wheel drive with differential lock. Four-wheel hydraulic disc brakes provide strong, enhanced braking.

Electronic Power Steering

Yet another first-in-class technology, the addition of Arctic Cat’s Variable Assist Electronic Power Steering (EPS) on theWildcat delivers even greater steering control and ease.

The EPS systemis amanaged electronic control unit (ECU) thatmeasures steering input force, tire resistance and vehicle speed, and then provides the appropriate assist to the steering column through an electricmotor. Steering assistance begins at idle, and varies based on the above inputs.

The result: Light steering input effort at speed while maintaining the right amount of driver feedback to feel the limits of traction and control. The power assist is particularly noticeable at low speeds and when in 4WD (especially with the differential locked), where its reduced steering effort eases changing direction or navigating tough obstacles like washouts, rocks ormud.

INTERIOR

Comfortable and Controlled Arctic Cat engineers designed the Wildcat’s interior for optimal occupant comfort, control and visibility. Contoured, high-back bucket seats with upper body supports deliver exceptional comfort and body stability, and rival any aftermarket suspension seat on themarket.

The cut and sewn design cradles theWildcat occupants tominimize fatigue. A 3-point seat beltwith an anti-cinch design keeps you in place and comfortable through the harshest terrain. Getting in and out of the Wildcat is quick and easy thanks to a tube-frame doorwith integrated nets.

Pivoting fromthe rear and latching at the front via a simple one-latchmechanism, the doors open quickly and easily, swinging out of theway for hassle-free entry/departure. An infinitely adjustable tilt steeringwheel allows you to adjust your steering preferences.

A new 5-inch digital/analog round gauge provides great readabilitywith itsmid-dash location. It displays up to 14 critical operations including: clock/hour meter, fuel level,mode button, set/reset button, odometer/trip, gear position, speedometer/tachometer, differential lock, drive select, high beam, battery condition, temperature and oil pressure.

A locking glove box offers ample, convenient storage,while two easyto- reach cup holders are located where beverages won’t interferewith driving controls or arms.

PREMIUM FEATURES

The all-newWildcat is richwith premiumfeatures startingwith two automotive- style painted color choices: BlackMetallic or Arctic GreenMetallic. Class-leading LED headlights and taillights project a light that’s clearer than an HID,with two times brighter Lumens than a halogen system(while utilizing 50 percent less wattage).

The Wildcat’s rear cargo bed has the largest capacity in its classwith a 300 lb. payload to carry a cooler and additional fuel containers. A 12V accessory outlet is located in the center console for GPS or cell phone adapters.

The alternator capacity has been increased for accessory lights, radios orwinches. The underside of theWildcat features full-protection HDPE skid plates to glide over protruding obstacles, while the chassis utilizes maintenance- free bushings for hassle-free durability.

ACCESSORIES Simple Customization

Arctic Catwill offer more than 50 Wildcat-specific products for the ultimate in customization. These easy-toinstall parts, accessories and upgrades can be used to personalize and compliment the lines of the ultimate pure sport ROV.

An array of trick lightweight aluminum protective accessories will be available, like front and rear pre-runner bumpers, rock sliders, A-arm guards and skid plates.

A contoured half windshield with a dust management system will divert thewind up and over the rider while the stylized T-top style roof with integrated rear spoiler and built in headliner has roomto install your tunes.

Look for other items like a gas can holder, spare tire carrier, cooler holder, fender flares and a box cover to arrive shortly among a host of other products.

Back to top Go down
mason
SSXSRider Member
mason

Number of posts : 2247
Registration date : 2009-04-07

PostSubject: Re: More on the Wildcat!   More on the Wildcat! - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 26, 2011 9:23 pm

i am waiting Eat
Back to top Go down
wvyankee2
SSXSRider Member
wvyankee2

PostSubject: Re: More on the Wildcat!   More on the Wildcat! - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 26, 2011 11:47 pm

More on the Wildcat! - Page 3 2012arcticcatwildcatbla

More on the Wildcat! - Page 3 2012arcticcatwildcatgre

Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

PostSubject: Re: More on the Wildcat!   More on the Wildcat! - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 26, 2011 11:50 pm

I hope they have a Mud Flare option.....
Back to top Go down
Smith700
SSXSRider Member

Number of posts : 2713
Registration date : 2009-08-21

PostSubject: Re: More on the Wildcat!   More on the Wildcat! - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 26, 2011 11:59 pm

Machine looks sweet....Not sure about the front part of the cage though.

And I'm with Big-R......No flares and the mud is gonna have you.... ownedsm
Back to top Go down
AIRBORNE
SSXSRider Member
AIRBORNE

Number of posts : 6266
Registration date : 2008-05-01

PostSubject: Re: More on the Wildcat!   More on the Wildcat! - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 27, 2011 12:37 am

Looks wicked. Who will be the first?
Back to top Go down
https://s300.photobucket.com/albums/nn28/AirborneWV/
wvyankee2
SSXSRider Member
wvyankee2

PostSubject: Re: More on the Wildcat!   More on the Wildcat! - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 27, 2011 12:49 am

2012 ARCTIC CAT TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
ENGINE DISPLACEMENT (CC) - 951
ENGINE TYPE - V-Twin, SOHC, 4-stroke, 4-valve
FUEL SYSTEM - Electronic Fuel Injection
COOLING SYSTEM - Liquid
TRANSMISSION/FINAL DRIVE - Duramatic CVT P/R/N/L/H; Shaft
DRIVE SYSTEM - Electric 2/4 WD w/ 4WD Lock
SUSPENSION TRAVEL FRONT (IN./CM) - 17/43.2
SUSPENSION TRAVEL REAR (IN./CM) - 18/45.7
GROUND CLEARANCE (IN./CM) - 13/33
SUSPENSION TYPE – FRONT - Double A-Arm (compression adjustment & reservoir)
SUSPENSION TYPE – REAR - 5-Link Trailing Arm, (compression adjustment & reservoir)
FRONT/REAR BRAKES - 4 Wheel Hydraulic Disc
PARKING BRAKE - Park in Transmission
TIRE FRONT - 26x9R-14
TIRE REAR -26x11R-14
WHEELS - Aluminum
FUEL CAPACITY (GAL./LITERS) - 8.8/33.3
BED BOX DIMENSIONS (IN./CM LxWxH) - 35.8 x 21 x 8.4 in. 90.9 x 53.3 x 21.3 cm
BOX CAPACITY (LBS./KG) - 300/136.1
PAYLOAD CAPACITY (LBS./KG) - 740/335.6
LIGHTING FRONT - White LED, High/Low
LIGHTING REAR - LED, Tail - Brake
ADJUSTABLE STEERING - Tilt Steering Wheel
ELECTRONIC POWER STEERING – Yes
INSTRUMENTATION - Digital Gauge, Analog Speedometer, Odometer, Tachometer, Trip meter, Gear Indicator, Fuel Gauge, AWD Indicator, Hi-Temp/Low-Batt Lights, DC Outlet
Back to top Go down
Foxfire
SSXSRider Member
Foxfire

Number of posts : 6060
Registration date : 2008-04-01

PostSubject: Re: More on the Wildcat!   More on the Wildcat! - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 27, 2011 1:02 am

AIRBORNE wrote:
Looks wicked. Who will be the first?

All in good time........... shutup
Back to top Go down
pit dog
SSXSRider Member
pit dog

Number of posts : 1380
Registration date : 2010-02-28

PostSubject: Re: More on the Wildcat!   More on the Wildcat! - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 27, 2011 12:32 pm

Nice
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: More on the Wildcat!   More on the Wildcat! - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

More on the Wildcat!
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next