SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The silver bullet is ready

Go down 
+10
AIRBORNE
ridepate
pit dog
Hollon
wvyankee2
Big-R
nocerisdave
2Slow4U
mason
Smith700
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Smith700
SSXSRider Member

Number of posts : 2713
Registration date : 2009-08-21

The silver bullet is ready Empty
PostSubject: The silver bullet is ready   The silver bullet is ready EmptyMon Jul 11, 2011 7:19 pm

Finally, here is some pics of my Rhino with the silver plastics on it....What ya think???
I think it looks pretty sweet myself!
The silver bullet is ready Rhino_10
The silver bullet is ready Rhino_11
The silver bullet is ready Rhino_12
The silver bullet is ready Rhino_13
Back to top Go down
mason
SSXSRider Member
mason

Number of posts : 2247
Registration date : 2009-04-07

PostSubject: Re: The silver bullet is ready   The silver bullet is ready EmptyMon Jul 11, 2011 7:22 pm

nice looking corey
Back to top Go down
2Slow4U
SSXSRider Member
2Slow4U

Number of posts : 1657
Registration date : 2009-05-18

PostSubject: Re: The silver bullet is ready   The silver bullet is ready EmptyMon Jul 11, 2011 7:24 pm

Looks good, Corey... Looks good

When are you going to get some good pics of how you modified the latches on your JStrong doors? I like the doors -- but can't keep them latched... Pics
Back to top Go down
http://www.simpletractors.com
nocerisdave
SSXSRider Member
nocerisdave

Number of posts : 5674
Registration date : 2008-01-22

PostSubject: Re: The silver bullet is ready   The silver bullet is ready EmptyMon Jul 11, 2011 7:32 pm

Looks good man!!
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

Number of posts : 16074
Registration date : 2008-02-26

PostSubject: Re: The silver bullet is ready   The silver bullet is ready EmptyMon Jul 11, 2011 7:42 pm

Looking good Corey!!!
Back to top Go down
Smith700
SSXSRider Member

PostSubject: Re: The silver bullet is ready   The silver bullet is ready EmptyMon Jul 11, 2011 7:42 pm

Kent, It took a lot of adjusting to get them where I was happy with them. When the frame flexes, they come open....I went around and made sure that all of the cage mounts are TIGHT, there are a lot of them. Some of my cage mounts were finger-tight, just make sure they are all tight. But I just got a piece of aluminum angle, and just tach welded it to the roll bar. I think it was 1/2" tall and 5" long piece of angle I welded on it. They still will come open, but you have to really have it in a bind to make them come open.
Back to top Go down
wvyankee2
SSXSRider Member
wvyankee2

Number of posts : 10318
Registration date : 2008-01-22

PostSubject: Re: The silver bullet is ready   The silver bullet is ready EmptyMon Jul 11, 2011 7:58 pm

Looks real nice Corey. allright
Back to top Go down
Hollon
SSXSRider Member
Hollon

Number of posts : 1427
Registration date : 2009-06-13

PostSubject: Re: The silver bullet is ready   The silver bullet is ready EmptyMon Jul 11, 2011 8:07 pm

Lookin good.
Back to top Go down
2Slow4U
SSXSRider Member
2Slow4U

PostSubject: Re: The silver bullet is ready   The silver bullet is ready EmptyMon Jul 11, 2011 8:08 pm

Smith700 wrote:
Kent, It took a lot of adjusting to get them where I was happy with them. When the frame flexes, they come open....I went around and made sure that all of the cage mounts are TIGHT, there are a lot of them. Some of my cage mounts were finger-tight, just make sure they are all tight. But I just got a piece of aluminum angle, and just tach welded it to the roll bar. I think it was 1/2" tall and 5" long piece of angle I welded on it. They still will come open, but you have to really have it in a bind to make them come open.

Thanks... I've done all that, and they'll come loose -- often at inopportune times...

I'm thinking of injecting some of that canned foam sealant in mine to see if stiffening the doors themselves will help...
Back to top Go down
Smith700
SSXSRider Member

PostSubject: Re: The silver bullet is ready   The silver bullet is ready EmptyMon Jul 11, 2011 8:25 pm

We tried the canned foam sealant in Z-28's, cause his were doing the same thing. My home-made latches have helped 70%.
Back to top Go down
pit dog
SSXSRider Member
pit dog

Number of posts : 1380
Registration date : 2010-02-28

PostSubject: Re: The silver bullet is ready   The silver bullet is ready EmptyMon Jul 11, 2011 11:14 pm

Looks good corey.
Back to top Go down
ridepate
SSXSRider Staff
ridepate

Number of posts : 6409
Registration date : 2009-04-23

PostSubject: Re: The silver bullet is ready   The silver bullet is ready EmptyTue Jul 12, 2011 12:15 am

Looks good Corey. It would be over the top with a 1/4 red boarder-stripe between the back and silver on the hood.
Back to top Go down
AIRBORNE
SSXSRider Member
AIRBORNE

Number of posts : 6266
Registration date : 2008-05-01

PostSubject: Re: The silver bullet is ready   The silver bullet is ready EmptyTue Jul 12, 2011 12:30 am

Looks sharp
Back to top Go down
https://s300.photobucket.com/albums/nn28/AirborneWV/
Gimpy
SSXSRider Member
Gimpy

Number of posts : 7708
Registration date : 2009-10-01

PostSubject: Re: The silver bullet is ready   The silver bullet is ready EmptyTue Jul 12, 2011 5:19 pm

Looks good. You got the clutch fixed yet?
Back to top Go down
http://lwurzel@twc.com
Smith700
SSXSRider Member

PostSubject: Re: The silver bullet is ready   The silver bullet is ready EmptyTue Jul 12, 2011 8:41 pm

Yup, after waiting 3 months on the parts, they finally came, thanks to JBS. We are having a 60 mile ride this weekend at Windrock if anyone wants to come.
Back to top Go down
Rhino Rob
SSXSRider Member
Rhino Rob

Number of posts : 2577
Registration date : 2009-01-25
Location : the home of the volunteers and port st joe tiger sharks

PostSubject: Re: The silver bullet is ready   The silver bullet is ready EmptyTue Jul 12, 2011 10:01 pm

i will be at the backdoor to brimstone riding a tractor coco
Back to top Go down
Smith700
SSXSRider Member

PostSubject: Re: The silver bullet is ready   The silver bullet is ready EmptyTue Jul 12, 2011 10:21 pm

Rob, we're gonna have to come up to the cabin sometime!
Back to top Go down
Goose
SSXSRider Member
Goose

Number of posts : 2971
Registration date : 2010-03-15

PostSubject: Re: The silver bullet is ready   The silver bullet is ready EmptyTue Jul 12, 2011 11:02 pm

cheers allright
Back to top Go down
ridepate
SSXSRider Staff
ridepate

PostSubject: Re: The silver bullet is ready   The silver bullet is ready EmptyTue Jul 12, 2011 11:19 pm

2Slow4U wrote:
Smith700 wrote:

Thanks... I've done all that, and they'll come loose -- often at inopportune times...

I'm thinking of injecting some of that canned foam sealant in mine to see if stiffening the doors themselves will help...

Kent, Can you lift-up on them and un-latch them???
Back to top Go down
BIG D 57
SSXSRider Member
BIG D 57

Number of posts : 2087
Registration date : 2010-01-05

PostSubject: Re: The silver bullet is ready   The silver bullet is ready EmptyWed Jul 13, 2011 6:59 am

Corey, looks good good job
Back to top Go down
2Slow4U
SSXSRider Member
2Slow4U

PostSubject: Re: The silver bullet is ready   The silver bullet is ready EmptyWed Jul 13, 2011 7:45 am

ridepate wrote:
2Slow4U wrote:
Smith700 wrote:

Yes. Or, if you pull on the top, center and bow the door, they'll come loose. The latch only catches about 1/4" on the striker plate.
Back to top Go down
ridepate
SSXSRider Staff
ridepate

PostSubject: Re: The silver bullet is ready   The silver bullet is ready EmptyWed Jul 13, 2011 5:19 pm

2Slow4U wrote:
ridepate wrote:
2Slow4U wrote:
Smith700 wrote:

Yes. Or, if you pull on the top, center and bow the door, they'll come loose. The latch only catches about 1/4" on the striker plate.

I'll try to find some old pics of how I had mine done. Mine would not come-un-latched, even high-centered.
Back to top Go down
Smith700
SSXSRider Member

PostSubject: Re: The silver bullet is ready   The silver bullet is ready EmptyWed Jul 13, 2011 5:28 pm

Pate, I remember the cages were different on an 06 Rhino, compared to an 07+. What year was yours?
Back to top Go down
Rhino Rob
SSXSRider Member
Rhino Rob

Number of posts : 2577
Registration date : 2009-01-25
Location : the home of the volunteers and port st joe tiger sharks

PostSubject: Re: The silver bullet is ready   The silver bullet is ready EmptyWed Jul 13, 2011 9:38 pm

yep you can ride anywhere and everywhere from there
Back to top Go down
ridepate
SSXSRider Staff
ridepate

PostSubject: Re: The silver bullet is ready   The silver bullet is ready EmptyWed Jul 13, 2011 10:39 pm

Smith700 wrote:
Pate, I remember the cages were different on an 06 Rhino, compared to an 07+. What year was yours?

Mine was an 07, but the doors were for an 06. I made the catches out of some aluminium angle, drilled and tapped the cage for 2-1/4-20's each catch, and they penetrated the latch deep. You are right Corey, the rear cage-joints 06 back, are low.

What do the 07-up catches look like??? I think the doors are the same. ( I want my Rhino back to this day)

The silver bullet is ready 155qlhh
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The silver bullet is ready   The silver bullet is ready Empty

Back to top Go down

The silver bullet is ready
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
SouthernSxSRiders :: General :: General SidexSide Discussion-
Jump to: