SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

From the frying pan...

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Goose
SSXSRider Member
Goose

Number of posts : 2971
Registration date : 2010-03-15

From the frying pan... Empty
PostSubject: From the frying pan...   From the frying pan... EmptyMon Aug 08, 2011 6:56 pm

into the fire and back. Just got back from Dallas, Tx. to visit my son and his family one of which is my new grandson. Cute little bugger. They have had 39 days over 100. Sat. it was 108 in the shade. Nice. I know some of us are seeing temps higher than that but I have never experienced anything like it. When I got off the plane in Atlanta it was 97 it actually felt good. I guess it's all relative.
Back to top Go down
Hollon
SSXSRider Member
Hollon

Number of posts : 1427
Registration date : 2009-06-13

PostSubject: Re: From the frying pan...   From the frying pan... EmptyMon Aug 08, 2011 7:27 pm

Goose im working in San Antonio and we have had 65 days in a row over 100 and they dont even remember what rain looks like. when I get to the RV after work it is usually around 110 - 117 and YES they have humidity here,its friggin hot! meanwhile my Mexican buddies still play soccer.....go figure
Back to top Go down
Goose
SSXSRider Member
Goose

Number of posts : 2971
Registration date : 2010-03-15

PostSubject: Re: From the frying pan...   From the frying pan... EmptyMon Aug 08, 2011 8:22 pm

WOW I can' t even think about working in that. I would melt. I may have been able to do it in my younger days but not now. How long you gonna be in SA?
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

Number of posts : 16074
Registration date : 2008-02-26

PostSubject: Re: From the frying pan...   From the frying pan... EmptyMon Aug 08, 2011 8:32 pm

I lived in Dallas for 10 years. Hot Hot Hot.
Back to top Go down
ridepate
SSXSRider Staff
ridepate

Number of posts : 6409
Registration date : 2009-04-23

PostSubject: Re: From the frying pan...   From the frying pan... EmptyTue Aug 09, 2011 12:00 am

I too lived in Arlington. The last summer we were there, 2002, we had 61 straight days over 100. The shingles on your house would bake-off. Wooden privacy fence would lay over and die in three years. My backyard would split-open with knee-deep cracks. Foundation-repair is a big-business there!!!! Our pool, a big one, would be 87 degrees at midnight.
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

Number of posts : 16074
Registration date : 2008-02-26

PostSubject: Re: From the frying pan...   From the frying pan... EmptyTue Aug 09, 2011 12:04 am

ridepate wrote:
I too lived in Arlington. The last summer we were there, 2002, we had 61 straight days over 100. The shingles on your house would bake-off. Wooden privacy fence would lay over and die in three years. My backyard would split-open with knee-deep cracks. Foundation-repair is a big-business there!!!! Our pool, a big one, would be 87 degrees at midnight.

Yeah a lot of my buddy's here in Ky would always say "yeah but it is not humid hot like here"............ Okay, I did not know you ever lived in the DFW area. I guess I got it all wrong!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: From the frying pan...   From the frying pan... Empty

Back to top Go down

From the frying pan...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
SouthernSxSRiders :: General :: Other BS-
Jump to: