SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Pro Armor 5-Point Harnesses!

Go down 
+2
AIRBORNE
Mud-and-Guts
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Mud-and-Guts
SSXSRider Member
Mud-and-Guts

Number of posts : 1839
Registration date : 2008-09-22

Pro Armor 5-Point Harnesses! Empty
PostSubject: Pro Armor 5-Point Harnesses!   Pro Armor 5-Point Harnesses! EmptyFri Aug 19, 2011 8:29 am

Got in last weekend to find my harnesses here and my babies took them away from me!

Pro Armor 5-Point Harnesses! IMG_4974

Pro Armor 5-Point Harnesses! IMG_4920

Pro Armor 5-Point Harnesses! IMG_4949

Pro Armor 5-Point Harnesses! IMG_4948

Pro Armor 5-Point Harnesses! IMG_4969
Back to top Go down
http://www.mudandgutsoffroad.org/
AIRBORNE
SSXSRider Member
AIRBORNE

Number of posts : 6266
Registration date : 2008-05-01

PostSubject: Re: Pro Armor 5-Point Harnesses!   Pro Armor 5-Point Harnesses! EmptyFri Aug 19, 2011 9:02 am

Have you ridden with them yet? How would you compare to Crow belts? Send me a PM with the price you got. I have been shopping for belts the past week. Thanks.
Back to top Go down
https://s300.photobucket.com/albums/nn28/AirborneWV/
Mud-and-Guts
SSXSRider Member
Mud-and-Guts

Number of posts : 1839
Registration date : 2008-09-22

PostSubject: Re: Pro Armor 5-Point Harnesses!   Pro Armor 5-Point Harnesses! EmptyFri Aug 19, 2011 1:34 pm

AIRBORNE wrote:
Have you ridden with them yet? How would you compare to Crow belts? Send me a PM with the price you got. I have been shopping for belts the past week. Thanks.

I have ridden a little with them here locally but no good long trail rides yet! I have a small ride planned for tomorrow at Alpine then a good ride Planned for September forth at Pickett so I will know more then but from what I have seen so far:

The 4-point Crow harnesses are excellent harnesses but are not on the same playing field as the Pro Armor 5-Point Harnesses.

Crow's 2"
Light and very fast to get out of but takes a minute to get buckled in and to keep the shoulder harnesses from wandering they have to be real tight which at times causes the lap belt to raise up above where it needs to be during a ride. The two inch wide straps can become uncomfortable during a long hard ride.

Pro Armor 3" H-style 5-Points feel about 5-6 times heavier than the Crow harnesses with a lot more material and more comfortable padding. Has a filth point to hold the lap belt in place when needed and a chest strap to hold the shoulder straps in place and keep them from wondering side to side no matter how hard you ride. Shoulder straps are sewn to the lap belts so they are a little quicker to get into and no fumbling trying to keep up with the shoulder straps. These straps come with pockets to hold the included flashlight which has a sticky backing if you want to mount them somewhere on your bike and runs on three AAA batteries which are not included. On the other strap is a water resistant pocket for your phone or MP3 player.

Back to top Go down
http://www.mudandgutsoffroad.org/
ollie
SSXSRider Member

Number of posts : 171
Registration date : 2009-04-18

PostSubject: Re: Pro Armor 5-Point Harnesses!   Pro Armor 5-Point Harnesses! EmptyFri Aug 19, 2011 9:05 pm

I got the pro armors belts also. Took 5 weeks to get them. As mud and guts said they are better than the crows (I had the 3"padded ). The flash light is a little LED light that I don't see lasting to long in the elements. The other pocket is a nice touch but my phone nor my MP3 player fit in it. Good place for a flashlight or multi tool.
Back to top Go down
ridepate
SSXSRider Staff
ridepate

Number of posts : 6409
Registration date : 2009-04-23

PostSubject: Re: Pro Armor 5-Point Harnesses!   Pro Armor 5-Point Harnesses! EmptyFri Aug 19, 2011 11:27 pm

Those look EXACTY like the Super-Atv ones......
Back to top Go down
AIRBORNE
SSXSRider Member
AIRBORNE

Number of posts : 6266
Registration date : 2008-05-01

PostSubject: Re: Pro Armor 5-Point Harnesses!   Pro Armor 5-Point Harnesses! EmptySat Aug 20, 2011 12:53 am

Neil, I guess my question would be this. If the shoulder belt is sewn to the lap belt, would you not think they would be more difficult to use with suspension type seats that you feed the belts through the slots. Seems like it would be a major PITA for something like my bench seat in the S. I have a price quoted to me on these belts as well as Crow 2x2 with all snap ends and sternum strap. Not a whole lot of price difference, but have been weighing the options of the PA vs Crow. The Crow in my S I love, but you are right about chasing the shoulder straps around at times. However, the easy disconnect is very nice when it comes time to clean your buggy out.
Back to top Go down
https://s300.photobucket.com/albums/nn28/AirborneWV/
CatMostFeared
SSXSRider Member
CatMostFeared

Number of posts : 1827
Registration date : 2010-08-25

PostSubject: Re: Pro Armor 5-Point Harnesses!   Pro Armor 5-Point Harnesses! EmptySun Aug 21, 2011 1:48 pm

I love my Pro Armor 5-Point Harnesses but I've used the 4 point set up so far. Easy to get in and out.
Back to top Go down
http://www.catmostfeared.com
8ball_99
SSXSRider Member
8ball_99

Number of posts : 1370
Registration date : 2010-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Pro Armor 5-Point Harnesses!   Pro Armor 5-Point Harnesses! EmptySun Aug 21, 2011 8:57 pm

My issue with them is the shoulder belts being sewed to the lap belt.. My Crows are a little more trouble if you want to buckle all the way in. But I love the fact that I can just slap the lap belt on for normal trail riding. I hate wearing the shoulder straps all the time.

I really like the new simpson D3 harness. from the looks of it the shoulder straps are easy to remove but getting in and out with all 5 connected is as easy as sewn in ones.
https://2img.net/h/i291.photobucket.com/albums/ll294/tycorhino/Simpson-D3Harness-1.jpg
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pro Armor 5-Point Harnesses!   Pro Armor 5-Point Harnesses! Empty

Back to top Go down

Pro Armor 5-Point Harnesses!
Page 1 of 1