SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Really a new web site

Go down 
+2
GunRunner
Big-R
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

Number of posts : 16074
Registration date : 2008-02-26

Really a new web site Empty
PostSubject: Really a new web site   Really a new web site EmptyWed May 28, 2008 1:02 pm

Hey guys,

I am one of the newest riders on here and this whole thing is crazy. I have not even paid my 20 bucks yet. I thought my wife sent the check, but she didn't. Now, I am wondering who the hell to send my money two.

I have know idea what happened with all the admen. But here is my opinion (for what it's worth)......

If it were me I would start with a new name. Some thing like "Dixie Rebel Riders". Keeping the same name is not going to work. It like saying you will not let go of the past. I would change the name to mark a new era of the club. Nick what little I know of you lets me know you can over come change. That's for damn sure! Besides, can you imagine the big ride this weekend in KY. Two different groups with Southern SxS Rider banners (that's gay). Everyone knows Nick started the Southern SxS Riders. Also, they will know he had difference with adman and moved on. This is coming from someone really torn here. I have had no problems with any one on the forum. I wish we could all kiss and make up. However, I think that is not going to happen.

Keeping it real

Big-R

Rebel for life............. rebel rebel rebel
Back to top Go down
GunRunner
SSXSRider Member
GunRunner

Number of posts : 5296
Registration date : 2008-01-22

PostSubject: Re: Really a new web site   Really a new web site EmptyWed May 28, 2008 1:16 pm

Big R keep your money, niether site is excepting monies anymore, its still up in the air as to what will be what. As to the name, its a bit messed up IMO, I myself thought up the name and gave it to nick for the group. Atvrick started and paid for the first website and when he and the others left, I guess he thinks the name is his. He's wrong for taking it IMO, but I left that to nick to sort out. If they keep it, I agree with you nicks group should have a different one and a fresh start but thats nicks call.
Back to top Go down
http://southernrzrriders.com
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

PostSubject: Re: Really a new web site   Really a new web site EmptyWed May 28, 2008 1:25 pm

GunRunner wrote:
Big R keep your money, niether site is excepting monies anymore, its still up in the air as to what will be what. As to the name, its a bit messed up IMO, I myself thought up the name and gave it to nick for the group. Atvrick started and paid for the first website and when he and the others left, I guess he thinks the name is his. He's wrong for taking it IMO, but I left that to nick to sort out. If they keep it, I agree with you nicks group should have a different one and a fresh start but thats nicks call.

GunRunner,
I hear you. The 20 bucks was just a point about the names. I am just giving my $.02

Thanks for get back with me on some insight....
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1435
Registration date : 2008-01-21

PostSubject: Re: Really a new web site   Really a new web site EmptyWed May 28, 2008 1:35 pm

Well I thought about changing the name but damn..Ive got over $100 bucks worth of hats and shirts..lol Plus alot of ppl have the decal

I agree Gunny..I dont think its right for Rick to get the name but there is nothing I can do about it..Trust me Ive tried..

Gunny I hate to admit it but you were right..The money thing will tear a group apart. Over 300 bucks and I lost alot of friends No
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

PostSubject: Re: Really a new web site   Really a new web site EmptyWed May 28, 2008 1:58 pm

Wheelin wrote:
Well I thought about changing the name but damn..Ive got over $100 bucks worth of hats and shirts..lol Plus alot of ppl have the decal

maybe rick will take the hats and you start a new deal.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Really a new web site   Really a new web site EmptyWed May 28, 2008 2:03 pm

No no..Im clear on hats..Ive bought that much for myself lol!
Back to top Go down
wvyankee2
SSXSRider Member
wvyankee2

Number of posts : 10318

PostSubject: Re: Really a new web site   Really a new web site EmptyWed May 28, 2008 2:07 pm

Well guys this is something to think about scratch Keeping the name has it advantages and disadvantages. The main thing now though is we got to find someone to help with the forum stuff with Nick. Losing Bootlegger was not good. If ya all know anyone good at it we need to get em over here. AS far as the shirts go Nick, they say .com on them. We could put em up on Ebay or maybe sell em back to MCB for 1/2 price Razz Glad you guys are talking about moving on. cheers
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

PostSubject: Re: Really a new web site   Really a new web site EmptyWed May 28, 2008 2:16 pm

Razz Razz .com and Razz Razz .net is gay. You make a much better statement by changing the name. After time new comers are going to think who copied who.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Really a new web site   Really a new web site EmptyWed May 28, 2008 2:19 pm

Very true..On the shirts..We can give them to the needy :D
Back to top Go down
rcmass

rcmass

Number of posts : 999
Registration date : 2008-02-01

PostSubject: Re: Really a new web site   Really a new web site EmptyWed May 28, 2008 2:23 pm

everything but the logo says .com on it right??? and IMO there is no reason to have two groupd with the same name!! If there is NO way to keep the name for yourself - I would suggest moving in an ENTIRELY different direction...

Southern Gentlemen SXS Riders
Southeast SXS Riders
THE Southern SxS Riders
Southern Side By Side Riders
Dixie SXS Drivers (we truly dont ride, we drive!)

why not sell all the .com stuff to them...or shoot - donate it as an act of good faith and be done with those that have moved in a different direction! Dont cut your nose off to spite your face!

then...redesign the logo and merchandise and run this like a business!!!

just like rf.net - sell ads, sponsor events, market your site, grow and make a lil $ and put together the group you know can form from this fabulous idea...

essentially whichever group invests the most time, money, and energy will grow and be the most successful... allow them to have their site...move on and continue keeping on and learn from this.... if you want control, take it before someone else does.

Push back the fun day to the end of Summer - promote the CHIT out of this new site you have and use the utv fun day as a GRAND OPENING!! Attend all the local races with a tent and banner and info. This has potential, but without organization and the ability to earn a profit and make it a business will only keep it where it is....toiling with drama.

just my $.02, take it for what its worth or ignore...just sharing.
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

PostSubject: Re: Really a new web site   Really a new web site EmptyWed May 28, 2008 2:38 pm

rcmass wrote:
everything but the logo says .com on it right??? and IMO there is no reason to have two groupd with the same name!! If there is NO way to keep the name for yourself - I would suggest moving in an ENTIRELY different direction...

Southern Gentlemen SXS Riders
Southeast SXS Riders
THE Southern SxS Riders
Southern Side By Side Riders
Dixie SXS Drivers (we truly dont ride, we drive!)

why not sell all the .com stuff to them...or shoot - donate it as an act of good faith and be done with those that have moved in a different direction! Dont cut your nose off to spite your face!

then...redesign the logo and merchandise and run this like a business!!!

just like rf.net - sell ads, sponsor events, market your site, grow and make a lil $ and put together the group you know can form from this fabulous idea...

essentially whichever group invests the most time, money, and energy will grow and be the most successful... allow them to have their site...move on and continue keeping on and learn from this.... if you want control, take it before someone else does.

Push back the fun day to the end of Summer - promote the CHIT out of this new site you have and use the utv fun day as a GRAND OPENING!! Attend all the local races with a tent and banner and info. This has potential, but without organization and the ability to earn a profit and make it a business will only keep it where it is....toiling with drama.

just my $.02, take it for what its worth or ignore...just sharing.

That's what I'm talking about woo hoo
Back to top Go down
wvyankee2
SSXSRider Member
wvyankee2

PostSubject: Re: Really a new web site   Really a new web site EmptyWed May 28, 2008 2:45 pm

Some good thoughts RC :)
Back to top Go down
GunRunner
SSXSRider Member
GunRunner

Number of posts : 5296

PostSubject: Re: Really a new web site   Really a new web site EmptyWed May 28, 2008 2:46 pm

why did bootlegger leave, i thought he was nicks friend? scratch
Back to top Go down
http://southernrzrriders.com
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

PostSubject: Re: Really a new web site   Really a new web site EmptyWed May 28, 2008 2:50 pm

GunRunner wrote:

Crap gunny, I have no idea why any one would leave scratch But we'll move on and rebuild. We'll find someone to keep the wheels rolling. No pun intended
Back to top Go down
wvyankee2
SSXSRider Member
wvyankee2

PostSubject: Re: Really a new web site   Really a new web site EmptyWed May 28, 2008 3:16 pm

GunRunner wrote:

I think the whole feuding thing concerned Booty, and maybe he just wasn't looking at the big picture when he left. Mark is a great guy.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Really a new web site   Really a new web site EmptyWed May 28, 2008 4:22 pm

we will prevail cheers
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Really a new web site   Really a new web site EmptyWed May 28, 2008 5:10 pm

wvyankee2 wrote:
Some good thoughts RC :)

I second that RC. How about "Southeastern Side by Side"
rebel
Back to top Go down
shawnley1222
SSXSRider Member
shawnley1222

Number of posts : 2745

PostSubject: Re: Really a new web site   Really a new web site EmptyWed May 28, 2008 5:21 pm

i like southern sxs gents rebel
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Really a new web site   Really a new web site EmptyThu May 29, 2008 4:29 am

so i guess i need to trash the decal i got huh nick? lol
Back to top Go down
wvyankee2
SSXSRider Member
wvyankee2

PostSubject: Re: Really a new web site   Really a new web site EmptyThu May 29, 2008 4:31 am

jbradford wrote:
so i guess i need to trash the decal i got huh nick? lol

Not right now JB, but maybe later. Just Maybe :)
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Really a new web site   Really a new web site EmptyThu May 29, 2008 4:33 am

its on the dresser...ha willing and waiting
Back to top Go down
rcmass

rcmass

Number of posts : 999
Registration date : 2008-02-01

PostSubject: Re: Really a new web site   Really a new web site EmptyThu May 29, 2008 7:41 am

Dixie SxS Drivers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Really a new web site   Really a new web site Empty

Back to top Go down

Really a new web site
Page 1 of 1