SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

My budget stereo build.

Go down 
+3
chipper
nocerisdave
bacon
7 posters
AuthorMessage
bacon
SSXSRider Member
bacon

Number of posts : 849
Registration date : 2011-09-06

My budget stereo build. Empty
PostSubject: My budget stereo build.   My budget stereo build. EmptyFri Nov 18, 2011 5:07 pm

Just ordered the PYLE MP3 Amplifier and 2-PYLE 6.5" marine speakers today from dunertunes.com for $89.99 and will be building a box for the speakers to go in soon. Will post pics when everything comes in. Hoping that when all is done i will have around $150 in the whole setup. I plan on just using my phone for the music, but the amp will work with anything that has a headphone jack. Here is a link to the kit i bought if anyone else is cheap like me and might be interested lol. Also if you already have speakers you want to use, you can buy that amp off amazon.com for $49.95.

http://dunertunes.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=423_545&product_id=1547
Back to top Go down
nocerisdave
SSXSRider Member
nocerisdave

Number of posts : 5674
Registration date : 2008-01-22

PostSubject: Re: My budget stereo build.   My budget stereo build. EmptyFri Nov 18, 2011 6:08 pm

I have the same set up bacon with 4-6.5s The set up is loud but needs a sub.
Back to top Go down
bacon
SSXSRider Member
bacon

PostSubject: Re: My budget stereo build.   My budget stereo build. EmptyFri Nov 18, 2011 6:27 pm

nocerisdave wrote:

Good to hear, you think the 2 speakers will be enough for mine? Im not looking for anything real loud just enough for me to hear it over the engine noise. Glad you said that tho, makes me feel better bout that setup which for the price is hard to beat.
Back to top Go down
chipper
SSXSRider Member
chipper

Number of posts : 1035
Registration date : 2010-12-30

PostSubject: Re: My budget stereo build.   My budget stereo build. EmptyFri Nov 18, 2011 6:31 pm

nocerisdave wrote:

X2, I only have 2 speakers hooked up though. I still haven't figured out where to put the other 2 yet. It works nicely.
Back to top Go down
nocerisdave
SSXSRider Member
nocerisdave

Number of posts : 5674
Registration date : 2008-01-22

PostSubject: Re: My budget stereo build.   My budget stereo build. EmptyFri Nov 18, 2011 7:52 pm

I think you will like it. All four of mine are in the roof.
Back to top Go down
bush
SSXSRider Staff
bush

Number of posts : 6141
Registration date : 2008-06-06

PostSubject: Re: My budget stereo build.   My budget stereo build. EmptyFri Nov 18, 2011 11:41 pm

lots of people are running that setup.

i got the speaker box from EMP and a marine stereo and it sounds great. stick an SD card in and you got music. about 175$ in the setup and i have 2 extra speakers that came with the stereo to put somewhere.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/bushrhino
bacon
SSXSRider Member
bacon

PostSubject: Re: My budget stereo build.   My budget stereo build. EmptySun Nov 20, 2011 4:52 pm

bush wrote:

i got the speaker box from EMP and a marine stereo and it sounds great. stick an SD card in and you got music. about 175$ in the setup and i have 2 extra speakers that came with the stereo to put somewhere.

Sounds like you came out pretty good on your set-up. Ill have to try and find that box by EMP, all the boxes i have seen so far are outrageous on the price.
Back to top Go down
bush
SSXSRider Staff
bush

Number of posts : 6141
Registration date : 2008-06-06

PostSubject: Re: My budget stereo build.   My budget stereo build. EmptySun Nov 20, 2011 5:21 pm

bacon wrote:
bush wrote:

Sounds like you came out pretty good on your set-up. Ill have to try and find that box by EMP, all the boxes i have seen so far are outrageous on the price.

http://www.extrememetalproducts.com/RZR/c38/p262/Cooter-Brown-Stereo-without-the-Stereo/product_info.html?osCsid=105b8258c0e416780999f9013eafd2c2

call and ask for rick. tell him your a member here and he will hook you up.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/bushrhino
bacon
SSXSRider Member
bacon

PostSubject: Re: My budget stereo build.   My budget stereo build. EmptySun Nov 20, 2011 5:23 pm

bush wrote:
bacon wrote:
bush wrote:

http://www.extrememetalproducts.com/RZR/c38/p262/Cooter-Brown-Stereo-without-the-Stereo/product_info.html?osCsid=105b8258c0e416780999f9013eafd2c2

call and ask for rick. tell him your a member here and he will hook you up.

Thank you. If i could get them to make me one without the cut out for the headunit that would be perfect.
Back to top Go down
RICHIEB

Number of posts : 74
Registration date : 2008-01-23

PostSubject: Re: My budget stereo build.   My budget stereo build. EmptyMon Nov 21, 2011 10:54 am

I used an 8" long piece of 6"pvc pipe i had laying around to mount my 6.5 speakers and used 2 muffler clamps to mount them to my cage between the seats sounds great and only got about $3 in it.Painted the pipe and clamps silver,everyone asks where I bought my speaker pod they didnt think it was just pvc pipe.
Back to top Go down
bacon
SSXSRider Member
bacon

PostSubject: Re: My budget stereo build.   My budget stereo build. EmptyMon Nov 21, 2011 4:02 pm

RICHIEB wrote:
I used an 8" long piece of 6"pvc pipe i had laying around to mount my 6.5 speakers and used 2 muffler clamps to mount them to my cage between the seats sounds great and only got about $3 in it.Painted the pipe and clamps silver,everyone asks where I bought my speaker pod they didnt think it was just pvc pipe.

Got any pics you could post, might try something like that.
Back to top Go down
RICHIEB

Number of posts : 74
Registration date : 2008-01-23

PostSubject: Re: My budget stereo build.   My budget stereo build. EmptyTue Nov 22, 2011 8:01 am

I will try and get some tonight.
Back to top Go down
bacon
SSXSRider Member
bacon

PostSubject: Re: My budget stereo build.   My budget stereo build. EmptyTue Nov 22, 2011 8:07 am

RICHIEB wrote:
I will try and get some tonight.

Ok cool. Thank you
Back to top Go down
bacon
SSXSRider Member
bacon

PostSubject: Re: My budget stereo build.   My budget stereo build. EmptyWed Nov 23, 2011 7:43 pm

So much for my stereo, cant even hook the amp up without blowing a fuse. Gonna send it back
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

Number of posts : 16074
Registration date : 2008-02-26

PostSubject: Re: My budget stereo build.   My budget stereo build. EmptyWed Nov 23, 2011 9:49 pm

bacon wrote:
So much for my stereo, cant even hook the amp up without blowing a fuse. Gonna send it back

I am not trying to belittle you but I have to ask how you have it wired?
Back to top Go down
bacon
SSXSRider Member
bacon

PostSubject: Re: My budget stereo build.   My budget stereo build. EmptyThu Nov 24, 2011 7:22 am

Big-R wrote:
bacon wrote:

All I tried was grounding it and putting the hot wire to the + side of battery just to try it out
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

Number of posts : 16074
Registration date : 2008-02-26

PostSubject: Re: My budget stereo build.   My budget stereo build. EmptyThu Nov 24, 2011 4:33 pm

bacon wrote:
Big-R wrote:
bacon wrote:

All I tried was grounding it and putting the hot wire to the + side of battery just to try it out
Hum.... Red is from the battery, blue is to ignition or switch then ground.
Back to top Go down
AIRBORNE
SSXSRider Member
AIRBORNE

Number of posts : 6266
Registration date : 2008-05-01

PostSubject: Re: My budget stereo build.   My budget stereo build. EmptyThu Nov 24, 2011 10:16 pm

Want to make sure your wire is not skinned anywhere and accidentally touching metal. If it is, it will pop a fuse everytime.
Back to top Go down
https://s300.photobucket.com/albums/nn28/AirborneWV/
bacon
SSXSRider Member
bacon

PostSubject: Re: My budget stereo build.   My budget stereo build. EmptyTue Nov 29, 2011 8:18 am

AIRBORNE wrote:
Want to make sure your wire is not skinned anywhere and accidentally touching metal. If it is, it will pop a fuse everytime.

Called and talked to duner tunes yesterday and they are sending me a new one, so hopefully this one is good to go.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My budget stereo build.   My budget stereo build. Empty

Back to top Go down

My budget stereo build.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
SouthernSxSRiders :: General :: General SidexSide Discussion-
Jump to: