SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Some more deployment pics

Go down 
+7
Dean
nocerisdave
mason
Foxfire
chipper
Woodtick
AIRBORNE
11 posters
AuthorMessage
AIRBORNE
SSXSRider Member
AIRBORNE

Number of posts : 6266
Registration date : 2008-05-01

Some more deployment pics Empty
PostSubject: Some more deployment pics   Some more deployment pics EmptySat Dec 17, 2011 11:45 am

Back to top Go down
https://s300.photobucket.com/albums/nn28/AirborneWV/
Woodtick
SSXSRider Member
Woodtick

Number of posts : 3254
Registration date : 2008-11-15

PostSubject: Re: Some more deployment pics   Some more deployment pics EmptySat Dec 17, 2011 12:32 pm

Cool pics Capt. That chopper looks like one of those old Russian jobs. Is it?
Back to top Go down
chipper
SSXSRider Member
chipper

Number of posts : 1035
Registration date : 2010-12-30

PostSubject: Re: Some more deployment pics   Some more deployment pics EmptySat Dec 17, 2011 1:58 pm

Nice pics. How many more days before you're back home?
Back to top Go down
Foxfire
SSXSRider Member
Foxfire

Number of posts : 6060
Registration date : 2008-04-01

PostSubject: Re: Some more deployment pics   Some more deployment pics EmptySat Dec 17, 2011 5:20 pm

Unavailable.
Back to top Go down
mason
SSXSRider Member
mason

Number of posts : 2247
Registration date : 2009-04-07

PostSubject: Re: Some more deployment pics   Some more deployment pics EmptySat Dec 17, 2011 9:48 pm

same here
Back to top Go down
chipper
SSXSRider Member
chipper

Number of posts : 1035
Registration date : 2010-12-30

PostSubject: Re: Some more deployment pics   Some more deployment pics EmptySat Dec 17, 2011 10:15 pm

Gotta have a Facebook account.
Back to top Go down
AIRBORNE
SSXSRider Member
AIRBORNE

PostSubject: Re: Some more deployment pics   Some more deployment pics EmptySat Dec 17, 2011 10:29 pm

Guys, when I get home in a couple of weeks I will get the photos put into Photobucket. That way everyone can see them. The internet is just too slow here to do Photobukcet.
Back to top Go down
AIRBORNE
SSXSRider Member
AIRBORNE

PostSubject: Re: Some more deployment pics   Some more deployment pics EmptySat Dec 17, 2011 10:35 pm

I got to do a NIGHT hookup underneath a CH-47 Chinook last night. We were sling loading 2 20' long storage container. Basically you have a chain at all four corners, and those chains are routed into 2 pair (each apex hook holds two chains). It is a rush to be standing on top of a 12' tall container and have that big ass bird come in at you, hover over you, drop down to where it is right on top of your head, and get to do the hookup. Tried one container about 10 days ago and he came so low his landing gear was dragging the container. I thought I was going to get crushed so I dove off the container. Last night was much cleaner and no hiccups. Was pretty awesome. Had not done a hookup under a Chinook since 06, and this was my first successful night hookup.
Back to top Go down
nocerisdave
SSXSRider Member
nocerisdave

Number of posts : 5674
Registration date : 2008-01-22

PostSubject: Re: Some more deployment pics   Some more deployment pics EmptySat Dec 17, 2011 11:11 pm

Cool on the Bronze Star!!! Do you mind elaborating?
Back to top Go down
AIRBORNE
SSXSRider Member
AIRBORNE

PostSubject: Re: Some more deployment pics   Some more deployment pics EmptySun Dec 18, 2011 12:16 am

nocerisdave wrote:

On the pictures, or the Bronze Star?
Back to top Go down
mason
SSXSRider Member
mason

PostSubject: Re: Some more deployment pics   Some more deployment pics EmptySun Dec 18, 2011 10:23 am

nice Pics Chris perfect10
Back to top Go down
Dean
SSXSRider Member
Dean

Number of posts : 1210
Registration date : 2010-12-18

PostSubject: Re: Some more deployment pics   Some more deployment pics EmptySun Dec 18, 2011 11:52 am

Finally got to look at them water on a parachutte liked that do u think we could get the army to drop us & r RZRs off like that & ride that place drive
Back to top Go down
stealth
SSXSRider Staff
stealth

Number of posts : 2219
Registration date : 2009-07-14

PostSubject: Re: Some more deployment pics   Some more deployment pics EmptySun Dec 18, 2011 3:21 pm

Cool pics Lt. The hover hook ups are wild, your life is in the pilots hands. I have done these hook up in some remote place's out west. Never at night
Back to top Go down
Foxfire
SSXSRider Member
Foxfire

Number of posts : 6060
Registration date : 2008-04-01

PostSubject: Re: Some more deployment pics   Some more deployment pics EmptySun Dec 18, 2011 7:19 pm

mason wrote:
nice Pics Chris perfect10

So how did you get to see the pic's, Mason?????
I must really be missing out on life not having a freakin face book account......like I said before, there are people in the world that I don' t want to find me......so I guess I'll just keep missing out on life.
Back to top Go down
AIRBORNE
SSXSRider Member
AIRBORNE

PostSubject: Re: Some more deployment pics   Some more deployment pics EmptySun Dec 18, 2011 10:47 pm

stealth wrote:
Cool pics Lt. The hover hook ups are wild, your life is in the pilots hands.

No joke!
It is a rush in the daytime......at night it is NUTS!! Those things are huge. When you are standing on top of a 12' tall container in the dark and all you can feel is the wind (strong enough to knock you over by the way) and see the bottom of this huge chopper dropping down on you..........well, it definitely gets your heart pumping. I was on a hookup about 10 days ago and the bird came so low he actually scraped the top of the container I was standing on with his landing gear. I had to dive off the container. This one was good though and I redeemed myself.

Back to top Go down
Rhino Rob
SSXSRider Member
Rhino Rob

Number of posts : 2577
Registration date : 2009-01-25
Location : the home of the volunteers and port st joe tiger sharks

PostSubject: Re: Some more deployment pics   Some more deployment pics EmptyMon Dec 19, 2011 6:23 am

see if you had fox over there he could hook up with his tractor and haul freight. pieco of cako lol! fox , yep its a shock when your past comes back and finds you on Facebook roflmao bootyshake
Back to top Go down
mason
SSXSRider Member
mason

PostSubject: Re: Some more deployment pics   Some more deployment pics EmptyMon Dec 19, 2011 7:03 am

Fox i have an account on facebook had to log in to see them i don't get on it except to see some pics don't know much about it and you can't teach and old dog new tricks thatsright
Back to top Go down
AIRBORNE
SSXSRider Member
AIRBORNE

PostSubject: Re: Some more deployment pics   Some more deployment pics EmptyMon Dec 19, 2011 8:05 am

Rhino Rob wrote:
see if you had fox over there he could hook up with his tractor and haul freight. pieco of cako lol! fox , yep its a shock when your past comes back and finds you on Facebook roflmao bootyshake

lol! Yes Sir Roberto. hide I think you and I both speak from experience on that one.
Back to top Go down
dixiecop28

dixiecop28

Number of posts : 230
Registration date : 2008-11-04

PostSubject: Re: Some more deployment pics   Some more deployment pics EmptyMon Dec 19, 2011 6:13 pm

Hey chris in the one photo on the chopper it looks like one of the guys is in the tropic lighting divison. Is that the divison you are in as well?? My uncle was in the 25th in WWII
Back to top Go down
http://www.ohiopuddlejumpers.com
AIRBORNE
SSXSRider Member
AIRBORNE

PostSubject: Re: Some more deployment pics   Some more deployment pics EmptyTue Dec 20, 2011 1:05 am

dixiecop28 wrote:
Hey chris in the one photo on the chopper it looks like one of the guys is in the tropic lighting divison. Is that the divison you are in as well?? My uncle was in the 25th in WWII

We have 4th Brigade, 25th ID here on ground. They are replacing us. I am currently in the "Big Red One", 3rd Brigade, 1st Infantry Division.
Back to top Go down
nocerisdave
SSXSRider Member
nocerisdave

Number of posts : 5674
Registration date : 2008-01-22

PostSubject: Re: Some more deployment pics   Some more deployment pics EmptyTue Dec 20, 2011 10:06 pm

AIRBORNE wrote:
nocerisdave wrote:

Why you were awarded with a bronze star.
Back to top Go down
AIRBORNE
SSXSRider Member
AIRBORNE

PostSubject: Re: Some more deployment pics   Some more deployment pics EmptyWed Dec 21, 2011 12:57 am

nocerisdave wrote:
AIRBORNE wrote:
nocerisdave wrote:

Why you were awarded with a bronze star.

It was my end of tour award. I was the Deputy OIC for Support Operations for my brigade Jan-June, supporting over 5,000 Soldiers on 18 FOBs. I am currently the Distribution Company Commander, with the largest company (personnel wise) and have the largest property hand receipt. My company runs the supply warehouse, the fuel points on two FOBS (roughly 2.5 million gallon capacity), the ammunition supply point, and the Passenger terminal and cargo/sling load operations for our brigade. All in a day's work.

No BS.........the Bronze Star is just for a job well done supporting the brigade. My guys truly are the engine that makes this brigade run. My motto is "You name it, we do it".

Been a great year, and an honor to command this group of Soldiers. They have kicked ass.
Back to top Go down
Stench
SSXSRider Member
Stench

Number of posts : 424
Registration date : 2010-01-26

PostSubject: Re: Some more deployment pics   Some more deployment pics EmptySat Dec 24, 2011 11:31 am

Be good to have you back incountry LT!

I can't imagine what it's like to be that far way in a place that different. I like the mountains, but couldn't stand the lack of trees and green!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Some more deployment pics   Some more deployment pics Empty

Back to top Go down

Some more deployment pics
Page 1 of 1