SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

NEW RZR 4 XP 900

Go down 
+17
bush
8ball_99
ohsresq
TBONE21
Hollon
GunRunner
Big-R
Rhino Rob
nocerisdave
dusty05z71
ridepate
Dean
DoddS
Smith700
Stakk
AIRBORNE
jerr_81
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Hollon
SSXSRider Member
Hollon

Number of posts : 1427
Registration date : 2009-06-13

NEW RZR 4 XP 900 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: NEW RZR 4 XP 900   NEW RZR 4 XP 900 - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 27, 2011 2:41 pm

thats about right Gunny, there are 100 X more Polaris out there than any other brand and with more units come more complainers, I started with a Rhino then went to the Arctic Cat 1000 and now have a RZR xp and the XP is by far the best machine I have had to date not only in ability but also in quality. maybe im just the only lucky/unlucky bastard on the planet but I will stick to my Polaris for now. and yeah Stakk you may follow Dodds but at the end of the day you will be beat to shit and he wont even be tired, its just that much easier and rides that much better. seems all these machines will go about the same places its just the amount of effort you are willing to do to get them there. to me its vacation time and im lazy so the least amount of effort on my part the better.
Back to top Go down
jerr_81
SSXSRider Member
jerr_81

Number of posts : 172
Registration date : 2008-11-08

PostSubject: Re: NEW RZR 4 XP 900   NEW RZR 4 XP 900 - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 27, 2011 3:25 pm

I would change machines from rhino to rzr 4 if I could afford it just because I have step kids that would like to go and the ride is so much better
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/minor37617
Stakk

Stakk

Number of posts : 482
Registration date : 2009-01-10

PostSubject: Re: NEW RZR 4 XP 900   NEW RZR 4 XP 900 - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 27, 2011 4:34 pm

Hollon wrote:
thats about right Gunny, there are 100 X more Polaris out there than any other brand and with more units come more complainers, I started with a Rhino then went to the Arctic Cat 1000 and now have a RZR xp and the XP is by far the best machine I have had to date not only in ability but also in quality. maybe im just the only lucky/unlucky bastard on the planet but I will stick to my Polaris for now. and yeah Stakk you may follow Dodds but at the end of the day you will be beat to shit and he wont even be tired, its just that much easier and rides that much better. seems all these machines will go about the same places its just the amount of effort you are willing to do to get them there. to me its vacation time and im lazy so the least amount of effort on my part the better.

Well, I started the pissing contest so I guess I need to finish it. 100x more Polaris out there that anything else? thats number is a little high. I just wondered how many people would feel that their toes were stepped on in my post and I found out.

It's my job to research every brand out there and find their strengths and weakness, I have nothing against anyone on this board, what does bother me is those that own a Polaris or most important a RZR and they then slam all other brands as has been in past posts. basiaclly if you don't own a RZR, your a damn idiot and everything else is a POS.

Just look at past posts......then when you present a thread where the RZR units are having a 3-1 mechanical failure rate vs the others, here comes everyone getting defensive.

It's a double standard guys. I wasn't picking on Polaris just presenting posted facts from all of you on here and now the starts.

Ok, I'll finish it.........Went to California last year for an endurance test, this test is 6 weeks long, the RZR in the test lasted 5 days......5 days! craked frame, blown shocks/springs, tie rods, bearings, ball joints loose, a 6 weeks test that my company requires and it lasted 5 days.

I was simply making referance to the post about about "Unrivaled quality" unrivaled innovation YES, unrivaled quality...NO

My friend Porkchops RZR 2010 at the 1100 mile mark had:

engine rebuild
Tranny = twice
rear sub frame broken, re-welded

now at 1500 miles, all brakes, tie rods and busings all around.

I didn't mean to start a pissing contest, but I have sit and watched post after post of Gunny and others mock, put down, and belittle others that ride anything but RZR's and when someone (in this case me) comes on and calls the RZR durability record into question, You all get offended.......If you can dish it out, then be able to take it is all I'm saying.......It's all good, and nothing personal.

But I just tell things like they are, good or bad, sad, or glad about Kawasaki and ALL the OEM's....it's my job to do that. when an issue comes up and a problem starts to become a trend or regualr thing OVERALL, I take note.

I'm going to be straight with all problem area's with all machines and report them and point them out. There are however, alot of people these days, and media included that whenever and whatever Polaris does, these people drop their pants and start jacking off like Polaris is the only thing to get off on.

So now that I have offended some more people, I ask Ronnie to see my point and leave this post without locking it. there are those of us that dont ride RZR's. we have just a good a time in our machines as you yours, so all I ask is if you are going to "smack talk" all of us, just be able to take a little smack every now and then too.............
Back to top Go down
GunRunner
SSXSRider Member
GunRunner

Number of posts : 5296
Registration date : 2008-01-22

PostSubject: Re: NEW RZR 4 XP 900   NEW RZR 4 XP 900 - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 27, 2011 4:51 pm

Post after post? I have posted once in your pissing contest topic as you call it and only to show a that polaris is giving back to our troops and since you bring me in IMO the reason your always pushing a teryx or rhino is because yamaha and kawasaki throw money at brimestone and polaris doesnt. The reason you here more about a rzr good or bad is there are 10 times and thats a real number more of them at any event you go to. You want to read about broken teryxs, go to the teryx forum same with a rhino. They all break thats part of it.
Back to top Go down
http://southernrzrriders.com
Stakk

Stakk

PostSubject: Re: NEW RZR 4 XP 900   NEW RZR 4 XP 900 - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 27, 2011 4:56 pm

Oh and if anyone cares, there is another OEM that now has a 4 passenger Side by Side. it's called the Teryx 4 and from the reviews we are getting, it's a pretty good machine at least that what some of the RZR owners think:

woodysfj40
perpetual noobie Join Date: Sep 2010
Name: Brian 'woody' Swearingen

Re: Teryx4 RockCrawler build...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Another 60 miles on today...ice covered trails with 1-2" of light snow on top...entertaining, to say the least

50mph rev limiter still sucks...tapped a bunch of times today...if not for that, the RZR-S in our group had no chance.

I was beyond impressed with the handling of the Teryx4.
Lots of twisty woods trails, no room to pass, no optional shoots to get by...I followed a 2010 'relatively' stock RZR-S today running non-2.0 Bighorns. He spent the entire day in 4WD. I spend 95% of my day 0n 2WD, and 90% of that about to bump him The Teryx4 REALLY handles nicely, very predictable. I only 'lost' it once all day, and that was on a glare stretch of road between trail sections. Traction was great, the added wheelbase made handling in the slick stuff much more predictable. Power is so smoooooth that it made controlling on the trails much easier...transition from throttle to off-throttle to "engine braking" was simple and was a definite factor in keeping up with the RZR-S. We spent much of the time in the 25-35 range...very smooth to drive.

Hopefully the GoPro on the dash turned out...haven't checked yet...

And, despite how well the Maxxis Bighorn 2.0 tires performed, it was also time for a tire/wheel change this evening...

27.5 Pitbull Growlers on 14x7 STI wheels...

Sadly, I won't get any immediately time on them since I'm headed to RacerTech tomorrow morning to drop the Teryx4 off for a few days of development time...hopefully Tony and the boys don't burn the tires down while it's there!

RockCrawler RZR

Teryx4 next...

FJ40, FZJ80, HZJ75...never finished...
Back to top Go down
Stakk

Stakk

PostSubject: Re: NEW RZR 4 XP 900   NEW RZR 4 XP 900 - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 27, 2011 5:07 pm

GunRunner wrote:
Post after post? I have posted once in your pissing contest topic as you call it and only to show a that polaris is giving back to our troops and since you bring me in IMO the reason your always pushing a teryx or rhino is because yamaha and kawasaki throw money at brimestone and polaris doesnt. The reason you here more about a rzr good or bad is there are 10 times and thats a real number more of them at any event you go to. You want to read about broken teryxs, go to the teryx forum same with a rhino. They all break thats part of it.

My point excatly, they do all break, some more than others in certain area's, they all have their good points and bad points. even Polaris, I was just saying admit it once in a while. Kawi or Yamaha sponsering Brimstone has NOTHING to do with what I posted, why would it? I would have said the same thing if they didn't.

It's a good thing Polaris gives back to the troops, Kawi supplies the military with 650 cc speced out motorcycles that run on gas, diesel, JP8, kerosene, anything that will burn.

I'd also like to say I appreciate the fact that Kawasaki and Yamaha keeps Americans at work at assembly plants in Lincoln Nebraska and Newnan Georgia instead of Mexico. Thats giving back to America IMO...........Sorry I fuffled feathers and steeped on toes, I'll not comment anymore on this thread.......Sorry Ronnie.
Back to top Go down
GunRunner
SSXSRider Member
GunRunner

PostSubject: Re: NEW RZR 4 XP 900   NEW RZR 4 XP 900 - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 27, 2011 5:07 pm

And how much is Kawasaki paying these days to spread the spam? roflmao Why else jump in this topic showing the new xp-4 and trying to put polaris down then telling us about a teryx 4 ? Being you do take money from them, do you think its fair to all being your involvement to push your sponsors brand by dissing another?
NEW RZR 4 XP 900 - Page 2 Spam_n10
Back to top Go down
Stakk

Stakk

PostSubject: Re: NEW RZR 4 XP 900   NEW RZR 4 XP 900 - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 28, 2011 2:28 pm

Again I'm sorry...You're always right Gunny....Polaris is best, everything else is shit, I don't know what I was thinking..... sorry to have posted. hide shark shutup Hijack
Back to top Go down
GunRunner
SSXSRider Member
GunRunner

PostSubject: Re: NEW RZR 4 XP 900   NEW RZR 4 XP 900 - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 28, 2011 5:42 pm

At least my opinion is my own and not the product of being paid by the company im promoting. thatsright
Back to top Go down
TBONE21
SSXSRider Member
TBONE21

Number of posts : 737
Registration date : 2011-02-15

PostSubject: Re: NEW RZR 4 XP 900   NEW RZR 4 XP 900 - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 28, 2011 7:26 pm

Heck I own both can am and a rzr. Can am is by far better quality. thatsright There all good though. Pooplaris is by far not the best.
I'm about to go broke on buying parts for the rzr.
They all have their quirks. I have an xp coming to give a try. When I ordered it I made sure it has an extended warranty and a good fire extinguisher.
Back to top Go down
GunRunner
SSXSRider Member
GunRunner

PostSubject: Re: NEW RZR 4 XP 900   NEW RZR 4 XP 900 - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 29, 2011 11:28 am

uplaugh I hate that damn polaris!..... Honey, did the polaris dealer call back on that new 17k XP i ordered roflmao
Back to top Go down
jerr_81
SSXSRider Member
jerr_81

Number of posts : 172
Registration date : 2008-11-08

PostSubject: Re: NEW RZR 4 XP 900   NEW RZR 4 XP 900 - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 29, 2011 2:38 pm

MY opinion is I don't like the look of the teryx headlights half way back the hood thatsright
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/minor37617
ohsresq
SSXSRider Member
ohsresq

Number of posts : 1753
Registration date : 2010-10-25

PostSubject: Re: NEW RZR 4 XP 900   NEW RZR 4 XP 900 - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 29, 2011 6:26 pm

I say let's ride! who cares!
Back to top Go down
http://ohsresq@yahoo.com
TBONE21
SSXSRider Member
TBONE21

Number of posts : 737
Registration date : 2011-02-15

PostSubject: Re: NEW RZR 4 XP 900   NEW RZR 4 XP 900 - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 29, 2011 7:04 pm

GunRunner wrote:
uplaugh I hate that damn polaris!..... Honey, did the polaris dealer call back on that new 17k XP i ordered roflmao

roflmao ownedsm
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

Number of posts : 16074
Registration date : 2008-02-26

PostSubject: Re: NEW RZR 4 XP 900   NEW RZR 4 XP 900 - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 29, 2011 11:06 pm

Stakk wrote:
“Polaris’ reputation for unrivaled quality.

Shocked scratch

I have to agree with Stakk on this.
Back to top Go down
ridepate
SSXSRider Staff
ridepate

Number of posts : 6409
Registration date : 2009-04-23

PostSubject: Re: NEW RZR 4 XP 900   NEW RZR 4 XP 900 - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 30, 2011 1:57 am

I do like the look of the Rex, (except those hideous seats). I would not be caught dead in a RZR-4 tho.
It's limo looks and less than good clearence turns me off...Period. I KNOW, I KNOW (fingers in ears) it's a great trial machine, but it's ugly in stock form. Dr-Chopped and it's better, but a 900 for close to 20k??? I'd buy the Rex...........and put some "S" seats in it........
Back to top Go down
AIRBORNE
SSXSRider Member
AIRBORNE

Number of posts : 6266
Registration date : 2008-05-01

PostSubject: Re: NEW RZR 4 XP 900   NEW RZR 4 XP 900 - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 30, 2011 6:07 am

Teryx no doubt is better quality than Polaris. I still don't think it is a better trail machine though. I am anxious to see the Teryx4 in action. I am anxious to see the new XP4 in action. At the end of the day, I don't care if you bring a Rhino with a rocket engine in it. If we can go out and ride, drink a beer or two, share some laughs, and come home at the end of the day.........does it matter if you drive Arctic Crap, POOPLARIS, Yamastall, Kawasucki, Canned Ham, or a Hoverround? Not in my book.
Back to top Go down
https://s300.photobucket.com/albums/nn28/AirborneWV/
8ball_99
SSXSRider Member
8ball_99

Number of posts : 1370
Registration date : 2010-05-04

PostSubject: Re: NEW RZR 4 XP 900   NEW RZR 4 XP 900 - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 30, 2011 10:40 am

I agree it doesn't really matter. I also agree that polaris has some dodgy engineering and material quality.. BUT I will point blank tell you your crazy if anyone says they aren't one of the most fun if not the most fun trail machine.. Like everyone has pointed out most the other machines are cheaper and they aren't selling. Call it what you want its just the way it is. Most everyone I know that owns a sxs thats not a RZR wants a RZR. I've also known guys that said a RZR was a piece of junk and they were going to wait for a better sport SXS to come along. Now most of them drive RZRs. Honestly I think the ones that don't, won't just cause they talked so much trash about them..

How many times have you seen a RZR roll on a hill and a Rhino or Teryx go right up it? LoL now how many times have you seen it the other way? Thats exactly why people buy them.. They have a hell of a time with a spot in their machine just to have a RZR go right up it or through it.. So as soon as they can they jump ship.. Atleast most.
Back to top Go down
Hollon
SSXSRider Member
Hollon

Number of posts : 1427
Registration date : 2009-06-13

PostSubject: Re: NEW RZR 4 XP 900   NEW RZR 4 XP 900 - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 30, 2011 12:03 pm

Big-R wrote:
Stakk wrote:
“Polaris’ reputation for unrivaled quality.

Shocked scratch

I have to agree with Stakk on this.

well it doesnt actually say "GOOD QUALITY" now does it??
doesnt say We are # 1 in quality.
doesnt say We have the best quality.

so maybe they mean Ours breaks more than any other machine out there and you can ask anybody!! all said, nobody builds more junk than us and were damn proud of it!!
Back to top Go down
Stakk

Stakk

PostSubject: Re: NEW RZR 4 XP 900   NEW RZR 4 XP 900 - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 30, 2011 12:48 pm

AIRBORNE wrote:
Teryx no doubt is better quality than Polaris. I still don't think it is a better trail machine though. I am anxious to see the Teryx4 in action. I am anxious to see the new XP4 in action. At the end of the day, I don't care if you bring a Rhino with a rocket engine in it. If we can go out and ride, drink a beer or two, share some laughs, and come home at the end of the day.........does it matter if you drive Arctic Crap, POOPLARIS, Yamastall, Kawasucki, Canned Ham, or a Hoverround? Not in my book.

I like that thatsright Which is better is really a matter of opinion of who is rating it doesn't it. When Kawi designed the T4 it really wasn't built to compete with the RZR4, the RZR4 is a "Sport" 4 seater, the T4 is a Recreational 4 seater, thus the 50mph limiter vs. the 60mph top speed.......the 8 inches of travel vs. the 12 inches of travel........

BTW for people really concerned about suspension travel. Here on the East coast and in the woods where speeds rarely exceed 25 mph you are using about 5-6 inches of travel max 95% of the time......where the RZR4 will shine over the T4 is at speeds past 45-50 mph where the extra travel comes into play, the RZR4 can runn softer valving and still not bottom out on the last 40% of the shock stroke. where ther T4 has to be valved slightly stiffer on the last 40% of the stroke to keep from bottoming.

In a nutshell, 20mph and under in the tight woods like Bstone, there isn't a difference in ride quality especially if you sften the compression screws a little on the T4, and I spent ALOT of hours riding BOTH units in the woods during development.

So that was supension 101...

Kawi then looked at what RZR4 owners were complaining about or having problems with......

Belt slipping, glazing, burning = Kawi designed a centrifugal clutch CVT

No EBS, RZR4 freewheels when off gas = Kawi designed the new CVT

Long wheelbase = While good for West Coast, not the best for Tight woods, T4 wheebase is 17 inches shorter for tighter turning radius

Low GC = Polairs measures GC at it's highest point, Kawi at it's lowest, so 12.5 vs. 10.8 isn't reality......with the longer wheelbase the RZR4 will high center more than the T4, especially over "break overs" or water breaks.

Air filter/Box design = many reports of the RZR airbox being low and in front of the rear drivers tire causing dust, dirt, mud, water, etc to eneter and cause engine failure. Kawi put the T4 airbox under the hood and chest level. the box intake is located right under the dash ABOVE the speedo, so chest level before any water gets in.

Cabin room = the rear of the RZR4, one of my knees/legs has to be between the driver and passenger seats, the other in between the seat and side cage, just very tight. T4 I have plenty of room, front and rear even with a machine with a 17 inch shorter wheelbase.

EPS and suspension = Kawi had Showa design the power steering and suspension for the T4, same company that make the suspension for our motocross bikes, they have been in the suspension business longer than anyone and the quality is second to none.

Engine = New engine is rated at the same 53hp as the RZR4, but the V-twin puts out more torque, which is noticable on long steep hillclimbs and fully loaded with passsengers and gear, the T4 doesn't loose speed as much as the RZR4

Misc. and small features = Factory doors, tiliting hood for cleaning and suspension adjustment, Huge axles, diffs, CV joints, and tie rods and ends.

Price = Finally, value......the T4 (Non EPS) is $13,399.00....the non EPS RZR4 $14,499....a savings of $1100.00......The EPS T4 is $14,399.00, so you can get a Power steering T4 for $100.00 cheaper than the non EPS RZR4.

EPS RZR 4 is $15,799.00, EPS LE T4 is $15,199.00

XP4 900 = $17,999 and $19,499.00.......$4000-$6000 more than the T4....

Ok at the risk of being accused of spamming, I just wanted to pass this info along. you wont get these facts anywhere else. Kawi built the Teryx4 to be a dependable, functional, fun RECREATIONAL 4 passenger unit for families and people needing room for 4.......It was designed to work in all terrain with special attention being paid to the East Coast woods riders and there needs, not just West Coast dune and desert riders, finally it was priced below the competetion to give people more value and money left in their pockets.

To answer the million dollar question that all seem to be wondering? All the press and magazines agreed.......West Coast desert/dune terrain = they thought RZR4 was better......East Coast Woods terrain = they thought Teryx4 was better.........Which one is overall better? I guess that math will have to be added up by the indivisual.......
Back to top Go down
Stakk

Stakk

PostSubject: Re: NEW RZR 4 XP 900   NEW RZR 4 XP 900 - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 30, 2011 12:58 pm

This will be my last post about Kawasaki or the Teryx 4 unless asked a question, I reallize it may come across as spamming or advertising for Kawi......

I dont want that......what I do want is people to know the facts about the T4 and simply give it a fair chance and make up their own mind......
Back to top Go down
GunRunner
SSXSRider Member
GunRunner

PostSubject: Re: NEW RZR 4 XP 900   NEW RZR 4 XP 900 - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 30, 2011 3:30 pm

Stakk wrote:
I reallize it may come across as spamming or advertising for Kawi......

Ya Think? lol!

Last edited by GunRunner on Fri Dec 30, 2011 3:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
bush
SSXSRider Staff
bush

Number of posts : 6141
Registration date : 2008-06-06

PostSubject: Re: NEW RZR 4 XP 900   NEW RZR 4 XP 900 - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 30, 2011 3:42 pm

my rhino gave me a ton more trouble than any of my rzr's. but the rhino was an 04. i have only keep a rzr for 2 years so now way to tell in the long run.
the rhino broke something almost every ride. the rzr only needs bushings every few rides.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/bushrhino
Stakk

Stakk

PostSubject: Re: NEW RZR 4 XP 900   NEW RZR 4 XP 900 - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 30, 2011 3:47 pm

GunRunner wrote:
Stakk wrote:
I reallize it may come across as spamming or advertising for Kawi......

Ya Think? roflmao NEW RZR 4 XP 900 - Page 2 Spam_n11

Your funny to some people, but 95% on here know what you really are, Are you insecure that you have to post after EVERY single post I make? do you not have a life? And I have to wonder, were you born a prick, or did that happen over time.....You're mouth is really going to overload your ass one day.....I'm just a guy that can look over you and your childishness......somebody else won't......think about that

Back to top Go down
GunRunner
SSXSRider Member
GunRunner

PostSubject: Re: NEW RZR 4 XP 900   NEW RZR 4 XP 900 - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 30, 2011 4:06 pm

Let me get this right... You jump in this topic, not started by you, not about a teryx and you proceed to bash the XP4, and then Hi-jack it to start spamming us all with the teryx 4 stuff and want to call me names for calling you on it?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: NEW RZR 4 XP 900   NEW RZR 4 XP 900 - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

NEW RZR 4 XP 900
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
SouthernSxSRiders :: The Machines :: Polaris-
Jump to: