SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Brimestone

Go down 
+6
chipper
Stakk
8ball_99
BigAlCash
bush
Dean
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Dean
SSXSRider Member
Dean

Number of posts : 1210
Registration date : 2010-12-18

Brimestone Empty
PostSubject: Brimestone   Brimestone EmptyFri Jan 13, 2012 12:55 pm

Been looking at the web site brimestone says it 15 bucks a day to ride trails end says it is 30 a day for non residents which 1 is right 30 bucks a day is a little much when most of the people i am sure are out of state any input
Back to top Go down
bush
SSXSRider Staff
bush

Number of posts : 6141
Registration date : 2008-06-06

Brimestone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brimestone   Brimestone EmptyFri Jan 13, 2012 1:11 pm

http://www.brimstonerecreation.com/?page_id=40

18 a day
35 for 2 days
40 for 3 days
45 for 4 days
50 for 5 days
75 for a year
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/bushrhino
BigAlCash
SSXSRider Member
BigAlCash

Number of posts : 189
Registration date : 2012-01-08

Brimestone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brimestone   Brimestone EmptyFri Jan 13, 2012 1:56 pm

10% off the year pass untill feb.
Back to top Go down
8ball_99
SSXSRider Member
8ball_99

Number of posts : 1370
Registration date : 2010-05-04

Brimestone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brimestone   Brimestone EmptyFri Jan 13, 2012 2:58 pm

Is it me or didn't their prices go up? Thought it was 15 a day and 65 for a year pass last year?
Back to top Go down
Stakk

Stakk

Number of posts : 482
Registration date : 2009-01-10

Brimestone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brimestone   Brimestone EmptyFri Jan 13, 2012 3:19 pm

8ball_99 wrote:
Is it me or didn't their prices go up? Thought it was 15 a day and 65 for a year pass last year?

Unfortuneatly prices did go up......Liability insurance and other costs went through the roof, however during Jan. you can get 10% off your permit upgrade, also Bstone is offering active military discounts as well as a "family permit plan" not sure hiow that works but they can explain at the office:::

2012 prices are:

Adult: (18 and older)
1 day = $20.00
2 day = $35.00
3 day = $45.00
4 day = $55.00
Week = $60.00
Yearly = $75.00

Child (ages 6-17) ages 5 and under Free
1 day = $10.00
2 day = $15.00
3 day = $20.00
4 day = $25.00
week = $30.00
yearly = $35.00

Back to top Go down
chipper
SSXSRider Member
chipper

Number of posts : 1035
Registration date : 2010-12-30

Brimestone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brimestone   Brimestone EmptyFri Jan 13, 2012 4:00 pm

8ball_99 wrote:

I looked back from what we gave for the season passes last year vs this year and with the 10% discount it is the same as last year. Damn shame it went up that much, I guess they have to build and and add campgrounds and bathhouses now.

Dean,

I'd say that trailsend only lists the prices for Royal Blue riding. They aren't affiliated with Brimstone anymore. They do however have the better camping facilities and they are a very fine group to stay with though.
Back to top Go down
Dean
SSXSRider Member
Dean

Brimestone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brimestone   Brimestone EmptyFri Jan 13, 2012 4:21 pm

I still think that is a little high harlan co is 30-35 for a year thats where i am staying site 15 beside Bush & stealth i was ready to stay home no way i will pay 30 bucks a day to ride to much riding here 4 free in KENTUCKY
Back to top Go down
Stakk

Stakk

Number of posts : 482
Registration date : 2009-01-10

Brimestone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brimestone   Brimestone EmptyFri Jan 13, 2012 4:29 pm

Dean wrote:
I still think that is a little high harlan co is 30-35 for a year thats where i am staying site 15 beside Bush & stealth i was ready to stay home no way i will pay 30 bucks a day to ride to much riding here 4 free in KENTUCKY

I understand your feelings, bear in mind Harlan's Counyt's park is partially funded with state Adventure tourism dollars, it's possible to charge less when the state is helping pay the bills....Brimstone is 100% private with no help (funds) from the state, federal or local governments. they sink or swin on their own.

Also Harlan's Black Mt park is only 7000 acres, Brimstone is nearly 20,000 acres with 3 times the mileage of trails, so $40.00 more per year isn't that bad.

$75.00 vs. $35.00 per year equals about $3.34 more per month...... 77 cents per week.....or 11 cents more per day to ride........ When you do the math, Brimstone is hardly more money.

I go to Evarts 2-3 times per year, love the Ridge Runner Club and their events, like was said above liability insurance on 7000 acres is much less than 20,000 and with the state funding Harlan county gets, Brimstone is still very fair for being a private park along with the acreage and mileage of trails they have.
Back to top Go down
chipper
SSXSRider Member
chipper

Brimestone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brimestone   Brimestone EmptyFri Jan 13, 2012 5:17 pm

Another big difference there dino is you have to pay per person and not vehicle. At Black Mountain one tag per rzr, 4 wheeler, or whatever. Brimstone and Windrock all persons are suppossed to have a permit to ride. The riding is very good though and unlike you I can't ride out my door on free land, but I sure do love to visit though. Soggy Bottom and I just by the yearly pass there at Brimstone.
Back to top Go down
Dean
SSXSRider Member
Dean

Brimestone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brimestone   Brimestone EmptyFri Jan 13, 2012 5:44 pm

They also charge more if you are out of state I think it should be per machine if you have a 4 seater that is a lot of cash as it takes a lot to get there anyway i am going if i dont like it i dont have to go back
Back to top Go down
chipper
SSXSRider Member
chipper

Brimestone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brimestone   Brimestone EmptyFri Jan 13, 2012 6:30 pm

Royal blue charges more for out of state, but I don't think that brimstone or windrock do. I could be wrong but I haven't heard that or seen it on their website.
Back to top Go down
Dean
SSXSRider Member
Dean

Brimestone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brimestone   Brimestone EmptyFri Jan 13, 2012 7:34 pm

I think you r right look at there website 2 prices local & out of state
Back to top Go down
chipper
SSXSRider Member
chipper

Brimestone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brimestone   Brimestone EmptyFri Jan 13, 2012 7:47 pm

This is off camptrailsend website, who is a forum sponsor. They sell the permits to Rideroyalble.

Permit Rates
Resident Annual Permit (Type 035) - $61
Resident Daily Permit (Type 036) - $12.50
Nonresident Annual Permit (Type 037) - $191
Nonresident Daily Permit (Type 038) - $30.50

This is a link off of Brimstonerecreation.com website. They don't have a mention of in state or out of state rates, only rates for children and adult rates. http://www.brimstonerecreation.com/?page_id=40

You will have to get permits and the front office if you don't have one already and then check in on down at the trailsend store.

Last edited by chipper on Fri Jan 13, 2012 8:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
launch22
SSXSRider Member
launch22

Number of posts : 131
Registration date : 2010-01-08

Brimestone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brimestone   Brimestone EmptyFri Jan 13, 2012 7:53 pm

I'll pay the extra cash to ride at a place that don't have there hand out for a government hand out. thatsright It's a 800 mile trip for me, but I'm going to give them some of my money in a few weeks. Can't wait !
Back to top Go down
Dan

Dan

Number of posts : 301
Registration date : 2011-06-19

Brimestone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brimestone   Brimestone EmptyFri Jan 13, 2012 10:15 pm

chipper wrote:
This is off camptrailsend website, who is a forum sponsor. They sell the permits to Rideroyalble.

Permit Rates
Resident Annual Permit (Type 035) - $61
Resident Daily Permit (Type 036) - $12.50
Nonresident Annual Permit (Type 037) - $191
Nonresident Daily Permit (Type 038) - $30.50

This is a link off of Brimstonerecreation.com website. They don't have a mention of in state or out of state rates, only rates for children and adult rates. http://www.brimstonerecreation.com/?page_id=40

You will have to get permits and the front office if you don't have one already and then check in on down at the trailsend store.

There is a somewhat cheaper way for out of staters to get annual permits to ride the North Cumberland WMA (New River, Sundquist, and Royal Blue Units) and that is to purchase a Type 071 (OOS Hunt-Small Game/Waterfowl - No Big Game) for $91 and a Type 093 (WMA Small Game Only) option for $17. This totals $108 for an annual ride permit on the entire WMA consisting of approximately 160K acres with 500+ miles of trails. These go on sale mid-Feburary and are good through the end of the following Feburary.

For the last several years, I have bought annuals for both Brimstone and Windrock. In Jan, 2008, when I turned 65 years old, I bought a Lifetime Sportsmens License from TWRA which is good for all hunting/fishing/riding fees for the rest of my life.

Back to top Go down
Dean
SSXSRider Member
Dean

Brimestone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brimestone   Brimestone EmptyFri Jan 13, 2012 11:34 pm

SO if you do that you can ride windrock & brimestone i guess KENTUCKY is lucky to get coal severance money so they dont have to charge big prices to ride there parks
Back to top Go down
bush
SSXSRider Staff
bush

Number of posts : 6141
Registration date : 2008-06-06

Brimestone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brimestone   Brimestone EmptySat Jan 14, 2012 5:43 am

dean, just buy a year permit for brimstone. i plan to ride there alot this year along with windrock and maybe royal blue.

brimstone is my favorite place to ride. thatsright
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/bushrhino
GunRunner
SSXSRider Member
GunRunner

Number of posts : 5296
Registration date : 2008-01-22

Brimestone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brimestone   Brimestone EmptySat Jan 14, 2012 10:37 am

Dean wrote:
SO if you do that you can ride windrock & brimestone i guess KENTUCKY is lucky to get coal severance money so they dont have to charge big prices to ride there parks

No he can only ride state land with that permit, windrock and brimestone are privately owned, so you have to pay them for permits.

ive found its best if you ride at least three times a year to buy a years pass. Ive had a brimestone and windrock one for the past 6 years at windrock and ever since brimestone started offering them 3 or 4 i think. The biggest reason is less hassle, we go ride some on the day we get there then all day the next, never have to go by the offices or anything, just hit the trails when we want to ride. If we did the day thing, going twice would cost me 70.00, a year pass is only 75.00 and we would have to stop by the office and waste time with all that.
Back to top Go down
http://southernrzrriders.com
Dean
SSXSRider Member
Dean

Brimestone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brimestone   Brimestone EmptySat Jan 14, 2012 2:14 pm

Alot of people say that royal blue & brimestone r better than windrock i no there is more riding at windrock than i have rode the pics on nov 1 looked rough stealth winching up i guess u need me to go with u bush in case u break down i can find u on the 2-way roflmao
Back to top Go down
girdlerrzr
SSXSRider Member
girdlerrzr

Number of posts : 824
Registration date : 2011-10-26

Brimestone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brimestone   Brimestone EmptySat Jan 14, 2012 3:59 pm

Brimstone is well worth the 75 a year for the pass...you wont be disappointed
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Brimestone Empty