SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

wildcat on the rocks

Go down 
+9
pit dog
Craig_C
Sporto
Smith700
TBONE21
Dean
8ball_99
stealth
GunRunner
13 posters
AuthorMessage
GunRunner
SSXSRider Member
GunRunner

Number of posts : 5296
Registration date : 2008-01-22

wildcat on the rocks Empty
PostSubject: wildcat on the rocks   wildcat on the rocks EmptyMon Jan 16, 2012 12:42 pm

This is a good one, take it with a grain of salt since its from Arctic Cat, they cut away in a lot of places the cat probily had problems but it did a lot of things very good.
Back to top Go down
http://southernrzrriders.com
stealth
SSXSRider Staff
stealth

Number of posts : 2219
Registration date : 2009-07-14

PostSubject: Re: wildcat on the rocks   wildcat on the rocks EmptyMon Jan 16, 2012 12:49 pm

allright
Back to top Go down
8ball_99
SSXSRider Member
8ball_99

Number of posts : 1370
Registration date : 2010-05-04

PostSubject: Re: wildcat on the rocks   wildcat on the rocks EmptyMon Jan 16, 2012 12:52 pm

At least they are testing it in something besides sand..
Back to top Go down
Dean
SSXSRider Member
Dean

Number of posts : 1210
Registration date : 2010-12-18

PostSubject: Re: wildcat on the rocks   wildcat on the rocks EmptyMon Jan 16, 2012 4:06 pm

I am sure they made it look like it just idled around
Back to top Go down
TBONE21
SSXSRider Member
TBONE21

Number of posts : 737
Registration date : 2011-02-15

PostSubject: Re: wildcat on the rocks   wildcat on the rocks EmptyMon Jan 16, 2012 4:20 pm

GunRunner wrote:
This is a good one, take it with a grain of salt since its from Arctic Cat, they cut away in a lot of places the cat probily had problems but it did a lot of things very good.

Dang I hear u are an Arctic cat man. thatsright roflmao
Back to top Go down
GunRunner
SSXSRider Member
GunRunner

PostSubject: Re: wildcat on the rocks   wildcat on the rocks EmptyMon Jan 16, 2012 4:39 pm

TBONE21 wrote:
GunRunner wrote:

Dang I hear u are an Arctic cat man. thatsright roflmao

The first SXS i bought was a 07 650 Prowler, It had very little fun factor and was more suited for hunting or farm use ,I did not keep it very long. The wildcat looks cool but i would never buy one, The biggest reason being they have a terrible dealer network in the south.
Back to top Go down
TBONE21
SSXSRider Member
TBONE21

Registration date : 2011-02-15

PostSubject: Re: wildcat on the rocks   wildcat on the rocks EmptyMon Jan 16, 2012 5:08 pm

Thats true about the dealer networks. Some of my friends that are dealers of polaris have told me they have been approached by arctic cat to become an arctic cat SXS dealer and service center. No atvs or anything else.....just side by sides.
If they are willing to let people do side by side only then they are eager to get out there. They will get there. I think they did a good job on a first attempt.....its just not for me.
If they stick with it they will do just fine. Its just going to take some time.
Back to top Go down
Smith700
SSXSRider Member

Number of posts : 2713
Registration date : 2009-08-21

PostSubject: Re: wildcat on the rocks   wildcat on the rocks EmptyMon Jan 16, 2012 10:03 pm

I really don't know what to do.....I have a guy offering me for my Rhino, the cost of a Wildcat. I love my Rhino, but i'm afraid I will miss it......What do you guys think?
Back to top Go down
Sporto
SSXSRider Member
Sporto

Number of posts : 688
Registration date : 2009-07-10

PostSubject: Re: wildcat on the rocks   wildcat on the rocks EmptyMon Jan 16, 2012 10:34 pm

Smith I would move on. I am glad I did to much fun with my new ride.
Back to top Go down
Dean
SSXSRider Member
Dean

Number of posts : 1210
Registration date : 2010-12-18

PostSubject: Re: wildcat on the rocks   wildcat on the rocks EmptyMon Jan 16, 2012 10:48 pm

If i wanted the wildcat i would let it go just be sure that is what u want they wouldnt give you near that trade in they go by the value of the rhino not what you done to it or how many extras is on it i didnt trade mine in when i bought the rzr i like my ole rhino they would offer u about 7.000 for it on trade if you r lucky
Back to top Go down
Craig_C

Craig_C

Registration date : 2010-06-21

PostSubject: Re: wildcat on the rocks   wildcat on the rocks EmptyTue Jan 17, 2012 8:59 am

37 secs into the vid....does the thing sit that high or have they jacked it up? I dont think other pics Ive seen had it sitting that high.

Smith, only you can make that choice!

I think it will be an awsome west coast machine, and will be decent around here. I have to say though, it has the ugliest front end I think Ive ever seen on a vehicle....the rear looks pretty though.

Im concerned about the radiator and mud, we all know how much mud the Rzr will pack into the bed from the tires slinging it up...looks like the Cat has less fender over the rear. I wonder if it will sling so much mud up it would start to block the radiator vents up in the bed area?

No matter the cool factor of having one before anyone else, I have, and never will again buy a first year machine!
Back to top Go down
GunRunner
SSXSRider Member
GunRunner

PostSubject: Re: wildcat on the rocks   wildcat on the rocks EmptyTue Jan 17, 2012 10:30 am

Smith700 wrote:
I really don't know what to do.....I have a guy offering me for my Rhino, the cost of a Wildcat. I love my Rhino, but i'm afraid I will miss it......What do you guys think?

Smith, if someone is offering that kind of money for yours i dont see how you could pass that up, since you been itching to buy something else for a long time.
Back to top Go down
Craig_C

Craig_C

Registration date : 2010-06-21

PostSubject: Re: wildcat on the rocks   wildcat on the rocks EmptyTue Jan 17, 2012 10:37 am

Hey even if I talk a little crap about them, I do sometimes miss my Rhino. I will say it was a much better pop-a-top hauler than the Rzr.
Back to top Go down
pit dog
SSXSRider Member
pit dog

Number of posts : 1380
Registration date : 2010-02-28

PostSubject: Re: wildcat on the rocks   wildcat on the rocks EmptyTue Jan 17, 2012 11:34 am

cool
Back to top Go down
Smith700
SSXSRider Member

PostSubject: Re: wildcat on the rocks   wildcat on the rocks EmptyTue Jan 17, 2012 3:25 pm

I know i will love the wildcat. I am just afraid I will miss my rhino too much.......the 2 biggest things I worry about with the wildcat, is loosing the bed space, and the build quality. I mean I ride every weekend, and I don't wanna be workings on it all the time. There is 3 AC dealers around here. And have been friends with 1 of them for years.......
Back to top Go down
GunRunner
SSXSRider Member
GunRunner

PostSubject: Re: wildcat on the rocks   wildcat on the rocks EmptyTue Jan 17, 2012 5:13 pm

Smith700 wrote:
I know i will love the wildcat. I am just afraid I will miss my rhino too much...

I doubt once you rode a RZR or maybe even the wildcat for awhile you would be happy back in the rhino, I cant think of a single person that switched then switched back. And there have literally been hundreds that have moved on to the rzr or others from a rhino.
Back to top Go down
ridepate
SSXSRider Staff
ridepate

Number of posts : 6409
Registration date : 2009-04-23

PostSubject: Re: wildcat on the rocks   wildcat on the rocks EmptyTue Jan 17, 2012 6:51 pm

Sell it Corey. I still miss mine from time to time, but move-on bro!!
Back to top Go down
Smith700
SSXSRider Member

PostSubject: Re: wildcat on the rocks   wildcat on the rocks EmptyTue Jan 17, 2012 8:24 pm

Well....... we have decided to sell my ATV and keep the rhino....and get the wildcat!! Mine will be here some time next month.......got the lime-green. The silver bullet lives on!
Back to top Go down
MuddyBuddy
SSXSRider Member
MuddyBuddy

Number of posts : 2085
Registration date : 2010-01-03

PostSubject: Re: wildcat on the rocks   wildcat on the rocks EmptyTue Jan 17, 2012 8:31 pm

Haha ur never gonna ride it when u get the wildcat!! Well except for when the windrock club is having a trail maintenance day! or when the wildcat breaks down haha
Back to top Go down
Goose
SSXSRider Member
Goose

Number of posts : 2971
Registration date : 2010-03-15

PostSubject: Re: wildcat on the rocks   wildcat on the rocks EmptyWed Jan 18, 2012 8:50 pm

Good for you Corey----enjoy!!!!
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

Number of posts : 16074
Registration date : 2008-02-26

PostSubject: Re: wildcat on the rocks   wildcat on the rocks EmptyWed Jan 18, 2012 11:17 pm

GunRunner wrote:
Smith700 wrote:
I know i will love the wildcat. I am just afraid I will miss my rhino too much...

I doubt once you rode a RZR or maybe even the wildcat for awhile you would be happy back in the rhino, I cant think of a single person that switched then switched back. And there have literally been hundreds that have moved on to the rzr or others from a rhino.

Hell will freeze over this year. I think this will be the second or third time I have agreed with Gunny...... Laughing

I am not knocking the old Rhino. It was a great machine and still is. I still have mine at the lake house. It hauls fire wood, shovels and other stuff I need at the lake. It also hits the trials that are not too far away from the cabin.

However, when I hit the big trail systems I am in the RZR. I ride it hard and usually have something that needs to be fixed when I get home. But I fix it and hit the trails again. It is just the way things are and it is still fun. Hell half the fun is drinking beer at Cat's house working on the machines.......
Back to top Go down
MuddyBuddy
SSXSRider Member
MuddyBuddy

Number of posts : 2085
Registration date : 2010-01-03

PostSubject: Re: wildcat on the rocks   wildcat on the rocks EmptyThu Jan 19, 2012 1:08 pm

Big-R wrote:
Hell half the fun is drinking beer at Cat's house working on the machines.......

Same here I almost find as much enjoyment out of just wrenching on it adding stuff or tweaking stuff as much as riding!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: wildcat on the rocks   wildcat on the rocks Empty

Back to top Go down

wildcat on the rocks
Page 1 of 1