SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Pickett with Ritta and the Gang!

Go down 
+8
BIG D 57
brownboy
mason
blu-knight
Craig_C
stealth
Dean
jodyt
12 posters
AuthorMessage
jodyt
SSXSRider Member
jodyt

Number of posts : 462
Registration date : 2009-03-01

Pickett with Ritta and the Gang! Empty
PostSubject: Pickett with Ritta and the Gang!   Pickett with Ritta and the Gang! EmptySun Feb 26, 2012 10:14 pm

Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/jodytompkins
Dean
SSXSRider Member
Dean

Number of posts : 1210
Registration date : 2010-12-18

PostSubject: Re: Pickett with Ritta and the Gang!   Pickett with Ritta and the Gang! EmptySun Feb 26, 2012 10:41 pm

Nice video liked the car hauler drive
Back to top Go down
stealth
SSXSRider Staff
stealth

Number of posts : 2219
Registration date : 2009-07-14

PostSubject: Re: Pickett with Ritta and the Gang!   Pickett with Ritta and the Gang! EmptySun Feb 26, 2012 10:46 pm

perfect10
Back to top Go down
Craig_C

Craig_C

Number of posts : 737
Registration date : 2010-06-21

PostSubject: Re: Pickett with Ritta and the Gang!   Pickett with Ritta and the Gang! EmptyMon Feb 27, 2012 5:03 am

Sorry I didnt get met up with you.....you guys were leaving for the trail as we were waking up.....it was a long night in the woods for us...we were ever so slightly lost!
Back to top Go down
blu-knight
SSXSRider Member
blu-knight

Number of posts : 840
Registration date : 2008-09-10

PostSubject: Re: Pickett with Ritta and the Gang!   Pickett with Ritta and the Gang! EmptyMon Feb 27, 2012 6:42 am

Jody thanks for the guided ride. It was great and we all had fun. Can't wait to do it again.
Back to top Go down
mason
SSXSRider Member
mason

Number of posts : 2247
Registration date : 2009-04-07

PostSubject: Re: Pickett with Ritta and the Gang!   Pickett with Ritta and the Gang! EmptyMon Feb 27, 2012 8:10 am

perfect10 perfect10 Thanks
Back to top Go down
brownboy
SSXSRider Member
brownboy

Number of posts : 620
Registration date : 2011-06-26

PostSubject: Re: Pickett with Ritta and the Gang!   Pickett with Ritta and the Gang! EmptyMon Feb 27, 2012 11:19 am

perfect10
Back to top Go down
Craig_C

Craig_C

PostSubject: Re: Pickett with Ritta and the Gang!   Pickett with Ritta and the Gang! EmptyMon Feb 27, 2012 11:56 am

blu-knight wrote:
Jody thanks for the guided ride. It was great and we all had fun. Can't wait to do it again.

We could have sure used a guide at a few points! We spent alot of time Sunday trying to find our way out of 100.
Back to top Go down
jodyt
SSXSRider Member
jodyt

PostSubject: Re: Pickett with Ritta and the Gang!   Pickett with Ritta and the Gang! EmptyMon Feb 27, 2012 12:34 pm

Craig_C wrote:
blu-knight wrote:

We could have sure used a guide at a few points! We spent alot of time Sunday trying to find our way out of 100.

Hate you guys got turned around...that was a long way from the store to get lost.
Back to top Go down
BIG D 57
SSXSRider Member
BIG D 57

Number of posts : 2087
Registration date : 2010-01-05

PostSubject: Re: Pickett with Ritta and the Gang!   Pickett with Ritta and the Gang! EmptyMon Feb 27, 2012 4:58 pm

very nice would lrealyy like to make that ride we used to run the jepp trails there berfore the park was open back in 78
Back to top Go down
Craig_C

Craig_C

PostSubject: Re: Pickett with Ritta and the Gang!   Pickett with Ritta and the Gang! EmptyTue Feb 28, 2012 8:21 am

jodyt wrote:
Craig_C wrote:
blu-knight wrote:

Hate you guys got turned around...that was a long way from the store to get lost.

We wasnt exactly lost.....we just took all the dead end trails down by the oil well.....the hill climbs the trucks have made didnt look like they went anywhere untill we went up one. We had an XP with us that was having issues with things like the rocky hill climbs....so we were trying to avoid them. We didnt want to back track all the way out of 100 from where we were.
Back to top Go down
Dan

Dan

Number of posts : 301
Registration date : 2011-06-19

PostSubject: Re: Pickett with Ritta and the Gang!   Pickett with Ritta and the Gang! EmptyTue Feb 28, 2012 9:22 am

Wow... once you get down to the creek on 100, the only way out is rocky hill climbs.

Oops! I forgot about the bypass around the south rocky ledge.
Back to top Go down
jodyt
SSXSRider Member
jodyt

PostSubject: Re: Pickett with Ritta and the Gang!   Pickett with Ritta and the Gang! EmptyTue Feb 28, 2012 10:07 am

yep, there is a maze of trails down there...
Back to top Go down
pit dog
SSXSRider Member
pit dog

Number of posts : 1380
Registration date : 2010-02-28

PostSubject: Re: Pickett with Ritta and the Gang!   Pickett with Ritta and the Gang! EmptyTue Feb 28, 2012 11:52 am

perfect10
Back to top Go down
Craig_C

Craig_C

PostSubject: Re: Pickett with Ritta and the Gang!   Pickett with Ritta and the Gang! EmptyTue Feb 28, 2012 2:02 pm

Dan wrote:
Wow... once you get down to the creek on 100, the only way out is rocky hill climbs.

Oops! I forgot about the bypass around the south rocky ledge.

That trail (100) is the best one I have been on down there except for car hauler. Of course, I havent even seen half of the place yet so thats liable to change!

The Sandwhich shop has changed some, as he cant "charge" for parking anymore due to insurance reasons, but does take "donations". SO I hope people will make those "donations" in order to keep a nice place to park and get a bite to eat open for our enjoyment. They let us stay in the old store out front, and we did give him a pretty nice chunk of change for allow us to do so!! He didnt wanna take the amount we gave, but it would have cost us twice that much to go anywhere else!
Back to top Go down
Dan

Dan

PostSubject: Re: Pickett with Ritta and the Gang!   Pickett with Ritta and the Gang! EmptyTue Feb 28, 2012 2:22 pm

We ate lunch at the Store Sunday. That was a nice change of pace. I wasn't aware of the"new"parking policy... thanks.

Actually, I like 70 (Horse Rock) a little better than 100 and 16/Carhauler... but it isn't nearly as long.

Pickett is my #2 riding spot, with Tackett being #1. We try to get up that way every couple of months or so.

Back to top Go down
Craig_C

Craig_C

PostSubject: Re: Pickett with Ritta and the Gang!   Pickett with Ritta and the Gang! EmptyTue Feb 28, 2012 2:46 pm

Dan wrote:
We ate lunch at the Store Sunday. That was a nice change of pace. I wasn't aware of the"new"parking policy... thanks.

Actually, I like 70 (Horse Rock) a little better than 100 and 16/Carhauler... but it isn't nearly as long.

Pickett is my #2 riding spot, with Tackett being #1. We try to get up that way every couple of months or so.

On that same note, Carl (the owner of the store) warned me that the church down the street has been calling cops on anyone who goes past there on Sunday before noon, as well as the neighbors have been calling the law on people racing up and down the highway.

We also talked to a gentleman at the gate on trail 3 going into the sandmine. He owns that property (and the property at the rock you gotta squeese around when you go around the gate. He was upset that a group had went down the hill below the rock and tore the hill up pretty bad last weekend, after he had told them to not go up it. He said he had no problem with people going around the gate to get in, just did not want people tearing his hill up to the point it was washing out.
Back to top Go down
Dan

Dan

PostSubject: Re: Pickett with Ritta and the Gang!   Pickett with Ritta and the Gang! EmptyTue Feb 28, 2012 3:44 pm

Serves 'em right...

I don't understand people like that... I suppose they really aren't people... just a$$h....s that look like people.

Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

Number of posts : 16074
Registration date : 2008-02-26

PostSubject: Re: Pickett with Ritta and the Gang!   Pickett with Ritta and the Gang! EmptyTue Feb 28, 2012 6:08 pm

Wow.... I like car hauler!!! Jody, when can I get a guide??????

P.S. Rita didn't drive her own machine up????? No
Back to top Go down
jodyt
SSXSRider Member
jodyt

PostSubject: Re: Pickett with Ritta and the Gang!   Pickett with Ritta and the Gang! EmptyTue Feb 28, 2012 6:42 pm

Big-R wrote:

Big R ...Anytime...

Rita asked us to drive her machine up the rock....I think Horse Rock tugged on her Heart strings a little to much...no big deal....we had enough hard heads with us we could have carried that thing up the rock.

It was a great day!
Back to top Go down
Craig_C

Craig_C

PostSubject: Re: Pickett with Ritta and the Gang!   Pickett with Ritta and the Gang! EmptyTue Feb 28, 2012 6:53 pm

Big R you havent been there?? Car hauler was even better at night!!
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

Number of posts : 16074
Registration date : 2008-02-26

PostSubject: Re: Pickett with Ritta and the Gang!   Pickett with Ritta and the Gang! EmptyTue Feb 28, 2012 7:10 pm

jodyt wrote:
Big-R wrote:

Big R ...Anytime...

Rita asked us to drive her machine up the rock....I think Horse Rock tugged on her Heart strings a little to much...no big deal....we had enough hard heads with us we could have carried that thing up the rock.

It was a great day!

I am just messing with my girl Rita. I would never ever want anyone to do anything they were not comfortable with.

Craig_C wrote:
Big R you havent been there?? Car hauler was even better at night!!
No I have not as of yet. However I plan to very soon.
Back to top Go down
MuddyBuddy
SSXSRider Member
MuddyBuddy

Number of posts : 2085
Registration date : 2010-01-03

PostSubject: Re: Pickett with Ritta and the Gang!   Pickett with Ritta and the Gang! EmptyTue Feb 28, 2012 9:51 pm

I havent been up to pickett in a long time, a few summers ago I was up there atleast once a month!! When are you guys going again, if im not out on the road im tagging along i wanna try the car hauler agian
Back to top Go down
Craig_C

Craig_C

PostSubject: Re: Pickett with Ritta and the Gang!   Pickett with Ritta and the Gang! EmptyTue Feb 28, 2012 10:51 pm

Im down for a trip...you guys need to show me around more than just car hauler and down into the tennesse side!
Back to top Go down
MuddyBuddy
SSXSRider Member
MuddyBuddy

Number of posts : 2085
Registration date : 2010-01-03

PostSubject: Re: Pickett with Ritta and the Gang!   Pickett with Ritta and the Gang! EmptyTue Feb 28, 2012 11:01 pm

Thats all ive ever ridden was the TN side minus the car hauler which i thought was on the Tn side??
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pickett with Ritta and the Gang!   Pickett with Ritta and the Gang! Empty

Back to top Go down

Pickett with Ritta and the Gang!
Page 1 of 1