SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What have you done to make your cab quiet???

Go down 
+2
wvyankee2
SCRIDER
6 posters
AuthorMessage
SCRIDER

SCRIDER

Number of posts : 65
Registration date : 2012-02-09

What have you done to make your cab quiet??? Empty
PostSubject: What have you done to make your cab quiet???   What have you done to make your cab quiet??? EmptyThu Mar 29, 2012 8:42 pm

When i bought my used Rhino i thought something was wrong because it was loud in the cab. A friend of mine bought one new in 06 so i had him come over to compare and he said mine was very normal. Just wondering what some f you have done to make it a little more quiet. I have put some rubber between the bed and frame which helped with a slight rattle, i am looking at the kevlar dust shield on ebay that goes under the seats and up the back side of the seats between the bed. It says it keeps dust out of the cab and restricts heat but it looks like it may help with the noise. I have not been able to find any heat resistant sound dampening material for the engine cover yet but most of my noise still comes from behind the cab under the bed. I'm going to try the exhaust wrap soon. Anyone been successfll at dampening the cab noise on the 660?
Back to top Go down
wvyankee2
SSXSRider Member
wvyankee2

Number of posts : 10318
Registration date : 2008-01-22

PostSubject: Re: What have you done to make your cab quiet???   What have you done to make your cab quiet??? EmptyThu Mar 29, 2012 10:42 pm

SCRIDER wrote:
Anyone been successfll at dampening the cab noise on the 660?

Nope. Most of it is from the intake.
Back to top Go down
2Slow4U
SSXSRider Member
2Slow4U

Number of posts : 1657
Registration date : 2009-05-18

PostSubject: Re: What have you done to make your cab quiet???   What have you done to make your cab quiet??? EmptySun Apr 01, 2012 4:52 pm

Snorkeling the intake up underneath the hood is the single biggest thing you can do to quieten the cab. Check this link for ideas:

http://www.rc-trucks.org/yamaha-rhino-noise.htm
Back to top Go down
http://www.simpletractors.com
ridepate
SSXSRider Staff
ridepate

Number of posts : 6409
Registration date : 2009-04-23

PostSubject: Re: What have you done to make your cab quiet???   What have you done to make your cab quiet??? EmptyMon Apr 02, 2012 1:33 am

Just have to get use to yelling...........
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

Number of posts : 16074
Registration date : 2008-02-26

PostSubject: Re: What have you done to make your cab quiet???   What have you done to make your cab quiet??? EmptyMon Apr 02, 2012 8:04 am

I bought a RZR..... roflmao Now it sounds like I am being chased by a swarm of bees....
Back to top Go down
Goose
SSXSRider Member
Goose

Number of posts : 2971
Registration date : 2010-03-15

PostSubject: Re: What have you done to make your cab quiet???   What have you done to make your cab quiet??? EmptyMon Apr 02, 2012 9:15 pm

Ear plugs!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What have you done to make your cab quiet???   What have you done to make your cab quiet??? Empty

Back to top Go down

What have you done to make your cab quiet???
Page 1 of 1