SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Any one know about RVs?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

Number of posts : 16074
Registration date : 2008-02-26

Any one know about RVs? Empty
PostSubject: Any one know about RVs?   Any one know about RVs? EmptyTue Jun 10, 2008 9:47 pm

I have made four trips since February to ride the rhino. Each are about a four hour drive. I have spent roughly $800.00 in hotels. It is now June I am going to guess that I will take at lest four more trips this year. You guys did not tell about all the riding trips I was going to take Laughing I have a chance to buy a 1987 Allegro 33 or 36 foot (not sure scratch )RV for two thousand dollars. It has 68,000 miles on its 454 Chev. Every thing works. It is kind of ugly buy that doesn't matter. Does any one know any thing about these RVs? How strong is that 454 engine? What things should I look for.....etc.

I know nothing about RVs and just need it to make a four hour trip about eight times a year.
Back to top Go down
wvyankee2
SSXSRider Member
wvyankee2

Number of posts : 10319
Registration date : 2008-01-22

PostSubject: Re: Any one know about RVs?   Any one know about RVs? EmptyTue Jun 10, 2008 10:14 pm

454 is a good motor. The only consideration I think of with an RV is do you really like to camp, or are you just trying to save travel money? If you really like to camp then you buy one. If your trying to save money, spend the time in hotels cause it's cheaper and less hassle. By the time you figure the initial cost, insurance, and upkeep. Plus campground fee's are out of sight anymore. It just isn't worth it. Now if you really like to camp and plan on doing alot of camping, then one would be great for pulling the Rhino along. Any RV that is that old you can expect to have to put money in it to keep it running. Unless you are extremely lucky. drive
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

PostSubject: Re: Any one know about RVs?   Any one know about RVs? EmptyTue Jun 10, 2008 10:44 pm

I would think it would be cheaper if you go to windrock, Bell County and Everts.
Back to top Go down
rubicon05

rubicon05

Number of posts : 396
Registration date : 2008-01-31

PostSubject: Re: Any one know about RVs?   Any one know about RVs? EmptyWed Jun 11, 2008 10:24 pm

that sounds cheap to me...does everything work? and most importantly...is your old lady o with it?
i would love to have an older cheap RV...just something i could shit/shower/sleep in.....nice to have after some long day(s) of riding. I honestly think if a guy would find a decent for the money it would be totally to worth it.

Also, do you have somewhere to store it?
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

PostSubject: Re: Any one know about RVs?   Any one know about RVs? EmptyWed Jun 11, 2008 10:35 pm

rubicon05 wrote:
that sounds cheap to me...does everything work? and most importantly...is your old lady o with it?
i would love to have an older cheap RV...just something i could shit/shower/sleep in.....nice to have after some long day(s) of riding. I honestly think if a guy would find a decent for the money it would be totally to worth it.

Also, do you have somewhere to store it?

My wife wants me to buy it NOW. Every thing works. I just don't want to be breaking down every time I go and ride. I have places to store it. I think I'll post some pics tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
wrenchhead

wrenchhead

Number of posts : 35
Registration date : 2008-03-01

PostSubject: Re: Any one know about RVs?   Any one know about RVs? EmptyThu Jun 12, 2008 9:29 pm

if it does not have headers and tran cooler install them before first trip check trans fluid if it is brown run away they are fun and it is nice to have after a long day of riding but you are going to get 4 mpg if you dont hual water with you it is most likely on a one ton chassis so you will have to watch what you haul in it check fridge make sure it works running down the road it is the most expensive piece to replace.
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

PostSubject: Re: Any one know about RVs?   Any one know about RVs? EmptyFri Jun 13, 2008 9:34 am

Thanks wrenchhead. I might just get a toy hauler. I have a nice F-350 why not use it..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Any one know about RVs?   Any one know about RVs? Empty

Back to top Go down

Any one know about RVs?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
SouthernSxSRiders :: General :: Other BS-
Jump to: