SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Trailer Mod to fit two RZRs

Go down 
+3
BigAlCash
Big-R
Reeko
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Reeko
SSXSRider Member
Reeko

Number of posts : 494
Registration date : 2012-05-30

Trailer Mod to fit two RZRs Empty
PostSubject: Trailer Mod to fit two RZRs   Trailer Mod to fit two RZRs EmptyTue Jun 05, 2012 9:35 pm

So I've got my 16' lowboy trailer that I use to haul my Jeep to the trail and am using for the RZR now as well. My neighbor just picked up an S and a Gatormade 6x12 but his little Toyota pickup doesn't like the 2K pounds behind it very much on the hills. Since him and I ride together a lot I was thinking of modifying my trailer so I can get 2 on there. From my best judgement it looks like I need atleast another foot.

Anyone else on here done anything to get two on a 16' trailer?
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

Number of posts : 16074
Registration date : 2008-02-26

PostSubject: Re: Trailer Mod to fit two RZRs   Trailer Mod to fit two RZRs EmptyTue Jun 05, 2012 10:01 pm

No I have not but I have thought about it. I have a 16 footer trailer that I have hauled two on. I used 2x12 and screwed them down.

The best I can figure is the cut and lay the front bars down so the first RZR tire bottom will be at the very front of the trailer. You can gain about nine inches. Then add a foot to the rear. Over all you add 21 " to the trailer.
Back to top Go down
BigAlCash
SSXSRider Member
BigAlCash

Number of posts : 189
Registration date : 2012-01-08

PostSubject: Re: Trailer Mod to fit two RZRs   Trailer Mod to fit two RZRs EmptyTue Jun 05, 2012 10:25 pm

I put a two foot dove tail on my 16 car trailer.
Back to top Go down
njcraddock
SSXSRider Staff
njcraddock

Number of posts : 1162
Registration date : 2011-04-26

PostSubject: Re: Trailer Mod to fit two RZRs   Trailer Mod to fit two RZRs EmptyTue Jun 05, 2012 11:04 pm

I think that if you load them back to back that will also help them fit. It will also help with weight distribution.
Back to top Go down
MuddyBuddy
SSXSRider Member
MuddyBuddy

Number of posts : 2085
Registration date : 2010-01-03

PostSubject: Re: Trailer Mod to fit two RZRs   Trailer Mod to fit two RZRs EmptyThu Jun 07, 2012 11:41 am

all good ideas or you can mount some 2x6s at an angle almost like your making a ramp into your truck bed but leave enough room where you wont snag it when your turning. Bolt em to your trailer floor and the front rail and the one that goes on first can just sit at an upwards angle over the rail and might give you the extra ft or 2 you need
Back to top Go down
AIRBORNE
SSXSRider Member
AIRBORNE

Number of posts : 6266
Registration date : 2008-05-01

PostSubject: Re: Trailer Mod to fit two RZRs   Trailer Mod to fit two RZRs EmptyThu Jun 07, 2012 11:44 am

We got two on Bigbore's trailer by getting his front tires up on his tool box, and also loading them back to back. It worked good.
Back to top Go down
https://s300.photobucket.com/albums/nn28/AirborneWV/
southernkyrzr4
SSXSRider Member
southernkyrzr4

Number of posts : 268
Registration date : 2012-05-28

PostSubject: Re: Trailer Mod to fit two RZRs   Trailer Mod to fit two RZRs EmptyThu Jun 07, 2012 1:08 pm

BigAlCash wrote:
I put a two foot dove tail on my 16 car trailer.

X2 this is what we done to my brother in laws 16' to haul 2 rhinos haul them back to back for weight transfer it helps then i bought the rzr4 got to have at least 10' to haul it so i'm on my own 16' gator now. you said you have a lowboy trailer can you load them sideways ? or 1 sideways and one pulled on ?
Back to top Go down
southernkyrzr4
SSXSRider Member
southernkyrzr4

Number of posts : 268
Registration date : 2012-05-28

PostSubject: Re: Trailer Mod to fit two RZRs   Trailer Mod to fit two RZRs EmptyThu Jun 07, 2012 1:14 pm

MuddyBuddy wrote:
all good ideas or you can mount some 2x6s at an angle almost like your making a ramp into your truck bed but leave enough room where you wont snag it when your turning. Bolt em to your trailer floor and the front rail and the one that goes on first can just sit at an upwards angle over the rail and might give you the extra ft or 2 you need

I've also seen this done using bar grating with a hinge welded onto one end and bolted or welded to trailer floor it folded down onto floor flat when it wasn't needed worked well.
Back to top Go down
Reeko
SSXSRider Member
Reeko

Number of posts : 494
Registration date : 2012-05-30

PostSubject: Re: Trailer Mod to fit two RZRs   Trailer Mod to fit two RZRs EmptyThu Jun 07, 2012 2:40 pm

Saw yesterday what one of my other buddies is doing with his old Jeep trailer. Similar to above with the wheels on the tool box, he took a receiver and welded it to the underside of the front bar. Then took and welded a 7' piece of 3/8" angle iron to the receiver hitch. Slide it in, pinned it and now he can haul 2 facing forward. I will play with the welder in the next few weeks as mine will need to be different since I have tool box on the front of mine. Don't think that I could low it sideways as my deck is 83" wide.

Not really so worried about the weight distribution right now as I don't feel the trailer back there with the RZR(s) on it. I do feel it taking off on hills with my nearly 5K Jeep but then again that is why I bought the HD package when I bought the Cummins.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Trailer Mod to fit two RZRs   Trailer Mod to fit two RZRs Empty

Back to top Go down

Trailer Mod to fit two RZRs
Page 1 of 1