Arctic Cat has by far to date the most kick ass line up for 09. Here are 2 more cool machines they are releasing in addition to the Prowler 1000. The Bar has definately been raised by Arctic Cat this year.
The 700 H1 EFI MudPro
New for 2009 from Arctic Cat is the 700 H1 Mud Pro Utility ATV. Why is this big news? Because it is the first factory machine specifically built for the mudding crowd. Equipped with MST 28" tires giving the machine 14" of ground clearance, special 4.0 gearing, snorkels, axles from the Thundercat for improved reliability, a new pushbutton locker, front and rear bumpers, winch, Competition Green Metallic painted fenders, and a host of other details that should get the blood pumping of any mud enthusiast. Check it out on the Cat Website.
The TRV 1000 H2 Cruiser
Key Buying Points TRV 1000
The H2 revolution of
hemi-producing power has arrived in the V-Twin class with EFI. As you can imagine, the 950 H2 EFI has a powerful 950cc, SOHC, single-cylinder, liquid-cooled engine, designed for a wide torque curve with the smoothest power delivery via Electronic Fuel Injection. Cold weather starting and altitude changes are no longer questionable.
The world of two-up riding enters a whole new realm with the introduction of the TRV 1000 H2 EFI Cruiser. With the same features of Arctic Cat’s other TRV 400 and 550 H1 EFI models, the Cruiser goes a step further into the lap of luxury with heated driver and passenger handgrips, locking travel case, two-piece fairing with handlebar-mounted mirrors, aluminum wheels, and a Warn winch. For an added touch of class the fenders and travel case are clear coated with Sunset Orange automotive paint.
The TRV has numerous features to ease riding convenience. Chief among them is a two-up seat with cushioned seat back for legal trail riding along with driver and passenger heated handgrips.
An electronic 2WD/4WD switch makes going in/out of 4WD as simple as pressing a button with an all-new electronic front diff lock with an easy to use push button rocker switch located on the gauge pod. The same is true for the Electronic Fuel Injection (EFI), Start-In-Gear ability and single lever hand operated hydraulic disc brakes.
Features & Benefits TRV 1000
New for 2009
• 951cc, EFI, SOHC 4-stroke, 4-valve, single-cylinder, liquid-cooled engine
H2 Hemi Power
• The “H” stands for Hemi. The hemispherical-shaped heads create more complete, more efficient combustion for performance-winning power
• An Arctic Cat produced performance engine built in the state-of-the-art St. Cloud manufacturing facility
• Electronic Fuel Injection aids in perfect starting no matter what altitude or temperature changes.
• Liquid cooling system with high-capacity radiator and thermostatically-controlled cooling fan provides consistent engine operating temperatures
• Duramatic Automatic Transmission with long life maintenance-free belt
• Two-Piece Fairing has built-in cup holders, flashlight holders and an accessory outlet for cell phones or GPS and a side view mirrors.
• Aluminum machined 12” wheels
• Driver and Passenger hand warmers with High/Low settings. Rider or passenger can adjust their own settings via separate controls.
• Rear painted storage trunk has a 35lb carrying capacity with 4.5 cubic feet of interior space
• High and Low windshield heights available as accessories
Two-up Riding Capability
• Specifically designed for two up riding
• Redesigned seat with better ergonomics in mind
• Can also function as a one person ATV
Improved Rider Input
• All new 12” machined aluminum wheel design has an optimized scrub radius minimizing the rider steering effort.
• A new shift detent spring in the lever linkage allows for improved positive shifting
• Developed from the Quad Terrain Race circuit, All new halfshafts (axles) were adopted from the Thundercat to increase durability and strength
for the most brutal offroad conditions.
New Headlight Bulb Sockets
• The right-hand headlight bulb sockets have been redesigned to eliminate the bulb popping out, decreasing the chance of the headlight housing
filling with moisture.
Fully Independent Suspension (FIS) How it works with or without a swaybar
• Arctic Cat ATVs have an optional sway bar available as an accessory purchase through your authorized dealer. Similar to any off-road 4x4
vehicle, eliminating the sway bar, lets the 10” of front or rear Fully Independent Suspension articulate through the full range of suspension travel.
This increased articulation provides full tire contact in all types of off-camber terrain. The addition of the sway bar will impact the traction
capabilities; however, it will enhance flatter cornering in aggressive trail riding
Performance Tuned Chassis
• When you sit on the 1000 H2 EFI, it will squat roughly 2 inches (depending on rider size) while maintaining Arctic Cat’s class leading 11” of
ground clearance and 10” of suspension travel. This ride-in calibration lowers center of gravity for precise cornering
Performance Minded Ergonomics
• The seat on the 1000 H2 EFI has been redesigned and lowered approximately one inch to reduce the riders center of gravity along with giving
an improved sense of sitting “In” the machine instead of “On” it.
Front SpeedRack Technology
• Allows very quick installation and removal of a wide variety of Arctic Cat exclusive accessories without the need for tools, bloody knuckles or
• SpeedRack and its accessories add value to the machine and also enhance the efficiency of your hunting, fishing, farming or utility chores
2-Inch Automotive Style Receiver Hitch
• This feature allows the consumer to remove the hitch from their 2” automotive receiver and install it into the ATV’s receiver hitch
Floating Hydraulic Disc Brakes
• Low maintenance, positive stopping power in either dry or wet conditions
• Set the spring preload (5 rear positions, 5 front positions) on the shocks to tailor the ride to individual riding styles, terrains and loads
Electric Shift 2-to 4-Wheel Drive with new Electric Front Locking Differential
? Full-lock front differential transfers engine torque to both front wheels when selected for added traction with an all new electronic
rocker switch located on the gauge pod while 4wd/2wd switch is located on right-side handlebar for quick, convenient shifting
in-and-out of four-wheel drive.
Spike Load Dampener
• To handle the 1000 H2’s enormous power output, Arctic Cat has engineered a rear differential to deliver maximum power to the tires with
minimum driveline wear.
• Sunset Orange (painted)
Please log on to www.arcticcat.com
or browse the 2009 Arcticwear and Accessories brochure at you nearest Arctic Cat dealer.