SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Brinstone this weekend!

Go down 
+8
MuddyBuddy
8ball_99
njcraddock
RZR_Joe
bush
Gimpy
Big-R
simoniz
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
simoniz

simoniz

Number of posts : 135
Registration date : 2009-08-03

Brinstone this weekend! Empty
PostSubject: Brinstone this weekend!   Brinstone this weekend! EmptyMon Jul 23, 2012 7:13 am

Hey guys, me and a couple others are headed to Brimstone this coming up weekend Friday through Sunday. I've been there twice but it was with big groups both times. So I did not get to cover much!

Looking to get some trial info...

Which trails would be good for some high speed riding?

Which trails are currently the most challenging but doable?

What are the must see places via what trails?

Thanks guys!

Mark
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

Number of posts : 16074
Registration date : 2008-02-26

PostSubject: Re: Brinstone this weekend!   Brinstone this weekend! EmptyMon Jul 23, 2012 8:25 pm

Mark,

High speed 1, 3, 5

Challenging but doable 49, 50, 52, 89, 95, 75 (not 75y) 112 and 113. 98, 104, 102

Here is a fun loop: 98, 98A,right on 48, 83, left on 1, 105, 85. From 85 and on you can hit 49 or any of the new trail which are fun too. 11, 12, 13
Back to top Go down
Gimpy
SSXSRider Member
Gimpy

Number of posts : 7708
Registration date : 2009-10-01

PostSubject: Re: Brinstone this weekend!   Brinstone this weekend! EmptyMon Jul 23, 2012 9:34 pm

Check with Blue Knight. They are headed there too. You all might get Heath or Blake to guide you.
Back to top Go down
http://lwurzel@twc.com
simoniz

simoniz

PostSubject: Re: Brinstone this weekend!   Brinstone this weekend! EmptyMon Jul 23, 2012 9:58 pm

Big-R wrote:
Mark,

High speed 1, 3, 5

Challenging but doable 49, 50, 52, 89, 95, 75 (not 75y) 112 and 113. 98, 104, 102

Here is a fun loop: 98, 98A,right on 48, 83, left on 1, 105, 85. From 85 and on you can hit 49 or any of the new trail which are fun too. 11, 12, 13

Thanks for the info. bud.
Back to top Go down
simoniz

simoniz

PostSubject: Re: Brinstone this weekend!   Brinstone this weekend! EmptyMon Jul 23, 2012 10:00 pm

Gimpy wrote:
Check with Blue Knight. They are headed there too. You all might get Heath or Blake to guide you.

10-4, I hope to be there by 12 on Friday!
Back to top Go down
bush
SSXSRider Staff
bush

Number of posts : 6141
Registration date : 2008-06-06

PostSubject: Re: Brinstone this weekend!   Brinstone this weekend! EmptyTue Jul 24, 2012 5:45 am

wish i could but im working this weekend.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/bushrhino
RZR_Joe
SSXSRider Member
RZR_Joe

Number of posts : 1991
Registration date : 2011-04-25

PostSubject: Re: Brinstone this weekend!   Brinstone this weekend! EmptyTue Jul 24, 2012 2:59 pm

Man, wish I could make it but I have to work also...yard work Sad

Have fun, be safe, and remember we like pics.
Back to top Go down
simoniz

simoniz

PostSubject: Re: Brinstone this weekend!   Brinstone this weekend! EmptyTue Jul 24, 2012 3:12 pm

I here ya Bush and Joe! I wish you guys could go too.

Man, this trip makes for a real expensive fuel bill lol...

704 miles round trip. Pulling a 30' gooseneck. Probably going to be a 8 to 9mpg trip. At that rate going to burn around 88 gallons. Cheap diesel here is $3.69. So a nice $325 fuel bill lol...

Hope to get a half day of riding in on Friday, all day Sat., and maybe a half day on Sunday.

Big R or anyone, what would be a good short Sunday ride for us?

Thanks
Back to top Go down
simoniz

simoniz

PostSubject: Re: Brinstone this weekend!   Brinstone this weekend! EmptyTue Jul 24, 2012 3:20 pm

Do they still have the good trail maps available? Do they give them to you? I can't remember.

Thanks
Back to top Go down
njcraddock
SSXSRider Staff
njcraddock

Number of posts : 1162
Registration date : 2011-04-26

PostSubject: Re: Brinstone this weekend!   Brinstone this weekend! EmptyTue Jul 24, 2012 3:24 pm

How are you only getting 8 to 9 mpg, Simoniz? Do you have a hot-rodded diesel or a heavy right foot? At worst, pulling a heavy load in my stock F-350 I'll get 12 mpg, not too much less than empty.
Back to top Go down
simoniz

simoniz

PostSubject: Re: Brinstone this weekend!   Brinstone this weekend! EmptyTue Jul 24, 2012 3:49 pm

I honestly don't know what I will get pulling this gooseneck. I've got a new emission plugged up diesel lol... Pulling a 15K toy hauler to WV at 65mph. 7.31 going up and 7.40 coming back home lol... I honestly don't want to talk about it anymore lol.... Can you tell I'm laughing lol... all I can do is say that it is what it is and drink another one!
Back to top Go down
RZR_Joe
SSXSRider Member
RZR_Joe

PostSubject: Re: Brinstone this weekend!   Brinstone this weekend! EmptyTue Jul 24, 2012 3:58 pm

Mark, stop by the Brimestone office and get a map. $2 for paper or $4 for laminated. By far the best is a Garim GPS with Dan's maps. Dan has the trails mapped even better than Brimestone LMAO. No matter where we go his maps are right on track. His maps work with any garmin....best way to go no doubt.
Back to top Go down
RZR_Joe
SSXSRider Member
RZR_Joe

PostSubject: Re: Brinstone this weekend!   Brinstone this weekend! EmptyTue Jul 24, 2012 4:01 pm

simoniz wrote:
I honestly don't know what I will get pulling this gooseneck. I've got a new emission plugged up diesel lol... Pulling a 15K toy hauler to WV at 65mph. 7.31 going up and 7.40 coming back home lol... I honestly don't want to talk about it anymore lol.... Can you tell I'm laughing lol... all I can do is say that it is what it is and drink another one!

I feel your pain brother, even further for me pulling a 30'. For us we were in excess of $450 for gas alone Shocked
Back to top Go down
simoniz

simoniz

PostSubject: Re: Brinstone this weekend!   Brinstone this weekend! EmptyTue Jul 24, 2012 4:13 pm

RZR_Joe wrote:
Mark, stop by the Brimestone office and get a map. $2 for paper or $4 for laminated. By far the best is a Garim GPS with Dan's maps. Dan has the trails mapped even better than Brimestone LMAO. No matter where we go his maps are right on track. His maps work with any garmin....best way to go no doubt.

I've got a Garmin Montana. Are the tracks on gpsdepot?
Back to top Go down
njcraddock
SSXSRider Staff
njcraddock

Number of posts : 1162
Registration date : 2011-04-26

PostSubject: Re: Brinstone this weekend!   Brinstone this weekend! EmptyTue Jul 24, 2012 4:27 pm

RZR_Joe wrote:
simoniz wrote:

I feel your pain brother, even further for me pulling a 30'. For us we were in excess of $450 for gas alone Shocked
Good Lord! What happened to the days of getting 17-18mpg out of the old powerstrokes with 15k# in the back? Is Uncle Sam causing them to get that plugged up?

Now that mine is no longer under warranty I am seriously considering using a WVO setup or making biodiesel.
Back to top Go down
RZR_Joe
SSXSRider Member
RZR_Joe

PostSubject: Re: Brinstone this weekend!   Brinstone this weekend! EmptyTue Jul 24, 2012 4:35 pm

Dan's contact info is in this thread. You'll need to get a hold of him.

GPS MAP THREAD
Back to top Go down
simoniz

simoniz

PostSubject: Re: Brinstone this weekend!   Brinstone this weekend! EmptyTue Jul 24, 2012 4:41 pm

Thanks bud!
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

PostSubject: Re: Brinstone this weekend!   Brinstone this weekend! EmptyTue Jul 24, 2012 10:53 pm

njcraddock wrote:
RZR_Joe wrote:
simoniz wrote:

Good Lord! What happened to the days of getting 17-18mpg out of the old powerstrokes with 15k# in the back? Is Uncle Sam causing them to get that plugged up?

Now that mine is no longer under warranty I am seriously considering using a WVO setup or making biodiesel.

I think Joe was pulling with a gas F-150. He might get 8mpg.......

I get 12 to 14 out of my F-350 7.3 with what ever I am pulling.
Back to top Go down
simoniz

simoniz

PostSubject: Re: Brinstone this weekend!   Brinstone this weekend! EmptyTue Jul 24, 2012 11:45 pm

My 2006 Cummins. I would get 11 to 14 mpg but that was pulling 8 to 9k max. Both me and my dad have new diesels. He has a Ford and I have Dodge, both Dually's. Pulling the same 15k load we basically get 7.5 in the hills and 8.9 to 10.1 on the flat land. Like I mentioned before I like to run at least 65mph.
Back to top Go down
RZR_Joe
SSXSRider Member
RZR_Joe

PostSubject: Re: Brinstone this weekend!   Brinstone this weekend! EmptyWed Jul 25, 2012 9:18 am

Big-R wrote:
njcraddock wrote:
RZR_Joe wrote:
simoniz wrote:

I think Joe was pulling with a gas F-150. He might get 8mpg.......

I get 12 to 14 out of my F-350 7.3 with what ever I am pulling.

Yep about 8-9mpg affraid
Back to top Go down
8ball_99
SSXSRider Member
8ball_99

Number of posts : 1370
Registration date : 2010-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Brinstone this weekend!   Brinstone this weekend! EmptyWed Jul 25, 2012 10:33 am

Wish I could go, I'm about ready to hit some trails. I've still just got to much to do around the house. Besides I spending all my money on my new shop :)
I feel your pain. Its about a 600 mile round trip for me. I only get around 11-12 pulling my little trailer with a 2011 Duramax. I also run 65-70 the whole time. I get around 8-10 pulling with my Gas Tundra. Not really much difference considering the price of diesel.. BUT the duramax pulls like a beast and the exhaust brake almost feels like cheating. Even with the so-so milage that 36 gallon stock fuel tank means I don't have to stop constantly
Back to top Go down
MuddyBuddy
SSXSRider Member
MuddyBuddy

Number of posts : 2085
Registration date : 2010-01-03

PostSubject: Re: Brinstone this weekend!   Brinstone this weekend! EmptyWed Jul 25, 2012 4:49 pm

Dam I get 14 in my modified F-150 pulling a 20fter and still 12 ish pulling the 28! I will know for sure if I will make it this weekend by tomorrow I hope I get enough time!
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

PostSubject: Re: Brinstone this weekend!   Brinstone this weekend! EmptyWed Jul 25, 2012 11:28 pm

MuddyBuddy wrote:
Dam I get 14 in my modified F-150 pulling a 20fter and still 12 ish pulling the 28! I will know for sure if I will make it this weekend by tomorrow I hope I get enough time!

You are not getting 12 pulling a 28 foot trailer with gas..... Just saying. That is like saying you have four wheel drive with the can am roflmao
Back to top Go down
MuddyBuddy
SSXSRider Member
MuddyBuddy

Number of posts : 2085
Registration date : 2010-01-03

PostSubject: Re: Brinstone this weekend!   Brinstone this weekend! EmptyThu Jul 26, 2012 2:16 am

Big-R wrote:
MuddyBuddy wrote:

You are not getting 12 pulling a 28 foot trailer with gas..... Just saying. That is like saying you have four wheel drive with the can am roflmao

OUCH!!! Haha and when you have the mods I have u do.(edge programer with custom tunes from troyer performance overkill throttle body custom intake and full exhaust) Still want a diesel but mine gets the job done now! The last time i pulled the 28 it only had 5 4wheelers on it and 12 was my average when I got home (the edge always records IMPG and AMPG) And dont worry bout the ole short bus she got parked on the lift tonight I have the next 3 days off and lots of unopened boxes pot You going riding this weekend?? If I can get a few things here and there installed im gonna head out there
Back to top Go down
8ball_99
SSXSRider Member
8ball_99

Number of posts : 1370
Registration date : 2010-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Brinstone this weekend!   Brinstone this weekend! EmptyThu Jul 26, 2012 10:57 am

Hand calculate your mileage don't go by those computers.. And when I say average I mean over and entire tank. My truck will get 22 or so on the interstate cruising unloaded. When I say unloaded that doesn't count the 300 pounds or so of tools that stays in the box. I can get around 16-17 with the trailer.. But thats not my average. I reset the trip when I fill up and divide the milage by the gallons I put in. My average as a daily driver is around 14-15. Which is almost exactly what my Tundra gets as a daily driver. Computer says it gets more like 18mpg..

When my warranty is up I would almost bet money the truck will have a controller, the DPF removed or gutted and the exhaust fluid disabled. I have zero need for more power but all the emissions crap is useless.. It makes no since to me to burn more fuel to lower emissions... There is just no way that works out. Even if the overall emissions of the truck is self is reduced a little. They don't consider the emissions and energy used to drill for the oil, refine it to fuel and ship it to the stataions. Not to mention the materials and energy that goes into making the stupid DPF. LOL anyway Rant over. Goverment sticking their nose in and making shit rules and regulations not a good subject with me..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Brinstone this weekend!   Brinstone this weekend! Empty

Back to top Go down

Brinstone this weekend!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next