SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Rhino dry clutch problem...

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Cfretwell

Cfretwell

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2012-07-31

Rhino dry clutch problem... Empty
PostSubject: Rhino dry clutch problem...   Rhino dry clutch problem... EmptyTue Jul 31, 2012 8:59 pm

Hello all,

I am new here but I have a question. I recently bought a 2006 660 with a dry clutch on it. I have the wet clutch and want to swap them out, but my only problem is I can not figure out how to get the shaft for the dry clutch off. I don't know if it has left hand threads, right hand threads or if I need some type of puller.

Thanks
Chris
Back to top Go down
chipper
SSXSRider Member
chipper

Number of posts : 1035
Registration date : 2010-12-30

PostSubject: Re: Rhino dry clutch problem...   Rhino dry clutch problem... EmptyTue Jul 31, 2012 9:46 pm

I don't know much about yamahas but i say welcome
Back to top Go down
wvyankee2
SSXSRider Member
wvyankee2

Number of posts : 10318
Registration date : 2008-01-22

PostSubject: Re: Rhino dry clutch problem...   Rhino dry clutch problem... EmptyTue Jul 31, 2012 9:50 pm

Yes you need a clutch puller. Here is one from Weller racing that is supposed to be able to work on a Rhino Bronco clutch with some minor modification. Call Jason Weller at the shop and ask for info about this.

http://www.wellerracing.com/EPI-Primary-Clutch-Puller--Kawasaki-Teryx_p_2302.html
Back to top Go down
Cfretwell

Cfretwell

PostSubject: Re: Rhino dry clutch problem...   Rhino dry clutch problem... EmptyTue Jul 31, 2012 10:07 pm

Well I don't think mine is a Bronco brand clutch. It ha Produit Brevete on it and says it was made in Canada. Do you think that puller will work on it? I have tried everything other than a puller...
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

Number of posts : 16074
Registration date : 2008-02-26

PostSubject: Re: Rhino dry clutch problem...   Rhino dry clutch problem... EmptyTue Jul 31, 2012 10:14 pm

Cfretwell wrote:
Well I don't think mine is a Bronco brand clutch. It ha Produit Brevete on it and says it was made in Canada. Do you think that puller will work on it? I have tried everything other than a puller...

I would think Jason Weller could tell you exactly what you need. Give him a call.
Back to top Go down
Cfretwell

Cfretwell

PostSubject: Re: Rhino dry clutch problem...   Rhino dry clutch problem... EmptyTue Jul 31, 2012 10:23 pm

I sent him an email so I will wait to see what he says... thanks
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rhino dry clutch problem...   Rhino dry clutch problem... Empty

Back to top Go down

Rhino dry clutch problem...
Page 1 of 1