SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

replacement axles

Go down 
+14
KyMedic
fredster
PWM
Tmanpoker
Cuz
8ball_99
bonzo
Big-R
muddy-one
RZR_Joe
MuddyBuddy
hobbz
njcraddock
d6nlpg
18 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
d6nlpg
SSXSRider Member
d6nlpg

Number of posts : 189
Registration date : 2012-08-12

replacement axles Empty
PostSubject: replacement axles   replacement axles EmptySun Aug 19, 2012 7:16 pm

As some may know, Big R caused me to break a axle Sat. LOL. I don't want to replace with stock parts, broke one so odds are I will break another. What about the Gorilla Axles??? Who has knowledge of which different ones? Thanks in advance. RR
Back to top Go down
njcraddock
SSXSRider Staff
njcraddock

Number of posts : 1162
Registration date : 2011-04-26

replacement axles Empty
PostSubject: Re: replacement axles   replacement axles EmptySun Aug 19, 2012 8:31 pm

I don't think it was Big-R that caused you to break an axle. I think it had a little more to do with the liquid courage!

That being said, I am aware of Gorilla brand and Rhino brand. Tmanpoker had to replace one before the ride, so he may be able to chime in on what he replaced it with.
Back to top Go down
d6nlpg
SSXSRider Member
d6nlpg

replacement axles Empty
PostSubject: Re: replacement axles   replacement axles EmptySun Aug 19, 2012 9:15 pm

Haha I think the alcohol injection get hung open?? Not sure though. But would like to know what others have learned. RR
Back to top Go down
hobbz

hobbz

Number of posts : 190
Registration date : 2011-11-11

replacement axles Empty
PostSubject: Re: replacement axles   replacement axles EmptySun Aug 19, 2012 11:29 pm

I have rhinos and they have held up good
Back to top Go down
http://redneckridgeriders.com
MuddyBuddy
SSXSRider Member
MuddyBuddy

Number of posts : 2085
Registration date : 2010-01-03

replacement axles Empty
PostSubject: Re: replacement axles   replacement axles EmptyMon Aug 20, 2012 2:24 am

i know rhinos have mixed reviews. Personal opinion... they are junk. Gorilla are expensive but you get what you pay for they are tough. I got turners now and they are also not cheap but they do the job.
Back to top Go down
d6nlpg
SSXSRider Member
d6nlpg

replacement axles Empty
PostSubject: Re: replacement axles   replacement axles EmptyTue Aug 21, 2012 10:58 am

has anyone heard of "STI Slasher axles???"
Back to top Go down
RZR_Joe
SSXSRider Member
RZR_Joe

Number of posts : 1991
Registration date : 2011-04-25

replacement axles Empty
PostSubject: Re: replacement axles   replacement axles EmptyTue Aug 21, 2012 11:36 am

I have +6 Rhino axles all around and have yet to break one and I'm tough as hell on stuff.
Back to top Go down
muddy-one
SSXSRider Member
muddy-one

Number of posts : 547
Registration date : 2009-09-20

replacement axles Empty
PostSubject: Re: replacement axles   replacement axles EmptyTue Aug 21, 2012 11:49 am

Have heard good reviews on the High Lifter axles. They are priced about like the Gorilla.
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

Number of posts : 16074
Registration date : 2008-02-26

replacement axles Empty
PostSubject: Re: replacement axles   replacement axles EmptyWed Aug 22, 2012 8:06 am

d6nlpg wrote:
As some may know, Big R caused me to break a axle Sat. LOL. I don't want to replace with stock parts, broke one so odds are I will break another. What about the Gorilla Axles??? Who has knowledge of which different ones? Thanks in advance. RR

You wanted to follow so I lead....... lol!
Back to top Go down
bonzo
SSXSRider Member
bonzo

Number of posts : 156
Registration date : 2010-05-23

replacement axles Empty
PostSubject: Re: replacement axles   replacement axles EmptyWed Aug 22, 2012 8:41 pm

So far so good with my rhinos.
Back to top Go down
8ball_99
SSXSRider Member
8ball_99

Number of posts : 1370
Registration date : 2010-05-04

replacement axles Empty
PostSubject: Re: replacement axles   replacement axles EmptyWed Aug 22, 2012 9:27 pm

I have Rhinos and Gorilla's lol.. Honestly I dont' think the Gorilla's are worth the price.. My rears have some play in the cvs. The axles cost more so do the parts for them. So far the only axles I have broke were stock and LSR shafts though.. So I've had 4 brands so far.. Turners are probably the best, But they are $$$. More then I'm willing to pay. For the price I think Rhinos are tuff to beat.. This is coming from someone who will not buy anything from super ATV... well except axles :)
Back to top Go down
Cuz
SSXSRider Member
Cuz

Number of posts : 327
Registration date : 2012-06-04

replacement axles Empty
PostSubject: Re: replacement axles   replacement axles EmptyThu Aug 23, 2012 7:03 pm

d6nlpg wrote:
has anyone heard of "STI Slasher axles???"
yeah i have broke two of em. using rhino axles now. they seem to be holding up good
Back to top Go down
Tmanpoker
Forum Sponsor

Number of posts : 211
Registration date : 2011-01-09

replacement axles Empty
PostSubject: Re: replacement axles   replacement axles EmptySun Aug 26, 2012 12:14 am

I am running Rhino, no problem so far
Back to top Go down
PWM
SSXSRider Member
PWM

Number of posts : 1082
Registration date : 2008-10-24

replacement axles Empty
PostSubject: Re: replacement axles   replacement axles EmptySun Aug 26, 2012 8:31 am

Tmanpoker wrote:
I am running Rhino, no problem so far
Now that is an endorsement lol!
Back to top Go down
http://cumberland-mudders.forumotion.com/index.htm
fredster

fredster

Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2012-11-10

replacement axles Empty
PostSubject: Re: replacement axles   replacement axles EmptyMon Nov 12, 2012 5:27 pm

LOL You guys act as if Tmanpoker is hard on things. LOL

I wish I had immediate access to the picture of the day we hung his Ranger from a Tree. Warn Winch said there winch brakes were strong enough to hold a ranger so we had to try it out. They were right!
Back to top Go down
KyMedic
SSXSRider Member
KyMedic

Number of posts : 215
Registration date : 2012-04-09

replacement axles Empty
PostSubject: Re: replacement axles   replacement axles EmptyMon Nov 12, 2012 7:05 pm

I have a +6kit and had broken 2 axle shafts. replaced with Rhino +6 axles and so far so good.
Back to top Go down
d6nlpg
SSXSRider Member
d6nlpg

replacement axles Empty
PostSubject: Re: replacement axles   replacement axles EmptySat Feb 16, 2013 8:55 am

I ordered 2 rear Cobra axles, we will see how they hold up. If I can't break em they will be good ones????/
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

replacement axles Empty
PostSubject: Re: replacement axles   replacement axles EmptySat Feb 16, 2013 10:03 am

d6nlpg wrote:
I ordered 2 rear Cobra axles, we will see how they hold up. If I can't break em they will be good ones????/

I guess just follow me and we will see how good they are....... beat
Back to top Go down
chipper
SSXSRider Member
chipper

Number of posts : 1035
Registration date : 2010-12-30

replacement axles Empty
PostSubject: Re: replacement axles   replacement axles EmptySat Feb 16, 2013 10:31 am

d6nlpg wrote:

I just put 2 cobras in the front of my rzr, I've read nothing but good about them. They do have a different sized axle nut on them than others so you'll have to carry another sized socket.
Back to top Go down
d6nlpg
SSXSRider Member
d6nlpg

replacement axles Empty
PostSubject: Re: replacement axles   replacement axles EmptySat Feb 16, 2013 12:00 pm

I will follow you anywhere Big R, well almost..............
Back to top Go down
Baditude
SSXSRider Member
Baditude

Number of posts : 1132
Registration date : 2010-06-17

replacement axles Empty
PostSubject: Re: replacement axles   replacement axles EmptyTue Feb 19, 2013 9:34 am

My bet is he breaks something else..... He's one of them "Outlaw, Honey badger" types roflmao
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

replacement axles Empty
PostSubject: Re: replacement axles   replacement axles EmptyTue Feb 19, 2013 12:39 pm

I've broken several axles including both Gorrila and Rhinos. I just go back with Rhino cause you cant beat them for the price IMO. Gorrilla was just a waste of money for me. No experience with Cobras but the Turner Nitro seem to have the best rep but $$$$$$- I think I could break all of them so for the price Im sticking with Rhinos.

Learning curve here on breaking cv/axles --If you run the trails hard and fast say for 20-30minutes, those cv/axles get HOT! If you dont let them cool down before getting real technical and stressing them out on the rocks- They will break!
Back to top Go down
seweljj
SSXSRider Member
seweljj

Number of posts : 445
Registration date : 2012-01-18

replacement axles Empty
PostSubject: Re: replacement axles   replacement axles EmptyTue Feb 19, 2013 2:48 pm

Baditude wrote:
My bet is he breaks something else..... He's one of them "Outlaw, Honey badger" types roflmao

....but he only gets that way after a great deal of liquid courage and several grown men egging him to do something he wouldn't normally do. Drunk2
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

replacement axles Empty
PostSubject: Re: replacement axles   replacement axles EmptyTue Feb 19, 2013 6:36 pm

seweljj wrote:
Baditude wrote:

....but he only gets that way after a great deal of liquid courage and several grown men egging him to do something he wouldn't normally do. Drunk2

Like follow a liquid upped Big-R..... thatsright
Back to top Go down
seweljj
SSXSRider Member
seweljj

Number of posts : 445
Registration date : 2012-01-18

replacement axles Empty
PostSubject: Re: replacement axles   replacement axles EmptyTue Feb 19, 2013 7:01 pm

Big-R wrote:
seweljj wrote:
Baditude wrote:

Like follow a liquid upped Big-R..... thatsright

Yep, and when Bonzo and I rag him all day about going around the rough stuff, like the hard part of trail 5 at Brimstone. That is how he got the latest axle. Too much peer pressure and Crowne Royal. thatsright
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

replacement axles Empty
PostSubject: Re: replacement axles   replacement axles Empty

Back to top Go down

replacement axles
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next