SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Don't buy from Dick's!

Go down 
+8
RZR_Joe
cajuncoot
Cuz
BigAlCash
pit dog
DrMud
bush
DoddS
12 posters
AuthorMessage
DoddS
SSXSRider Member
DoddS

Number of posts : 684
Registration date : 2008-01-26

Don't buy from Dick's! Empty
PostSubject: Don't buy from Dick's!   Don't buy from Dick's! EmptyTue Dec 18, 2012 10:43 am

PITTSBURGH (AP) - A sporting goods chain says it's suspending sales of modern rifles nationwide because of the school shooting in Connecticut.

Dick's Sporting Goods also says it's removing all guns from display at its store closest to Newtown, where the massacre took place.

Authorities say a gunman killed 26 people, mostly children, with a military-style rifle at Sandy Hook Elementary School on Friday after killing his mother. He then killed himself.

A statement posted on Dick's corporate website expresses sympathy for the victims' families. It says sales of modern sporting rifles will be suspended during "this time of national mourning."

It's not clear how long the suspension will last. A spokesman for Dick's did not immediately return a call for comment on Tuesday.

Pittsburgh-based Dick's Sporting Goods Inc. has more than 500 stores in 44 states.

If they want to take this stance they don't need my support!!!!
Back to top Go down
bush
SSXSRider Staff
bush

Number of posts : 6141
Registration date : 2008-06-06

PostSubject: Re: Don't buy from Dick's!   Don't buy from Dick's! EmptyTue Dec 18, 2012 10:58 am

they should donate one rifle to every school and the teachers should be trained how to use it.

i never buy guns from a place like dicks anyway. my cash goes to local gun shops.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/bushrhino
DoddS
SSXSRider Member
DoddS

Number of posts : 684
Registration date : 2008-01-26

PostSubject: Re: Don't buy from Dick's!   Don't buy from Dick's! EmptyTue Dec 18, 2012 11:12 am

Me too Bush. But I won't be getting anything from them now.
Back to top Go down
DrMud
SSXSRider Member

Number of posts : 309
Registration date : 2012-12-02

PostSubject: Re: Don't buy from Dick's!   Don't buy from Dick's! EmptyTue Dec 18, 2012 12:32 pm

If the principal would have been a concealed carry person, this would not have happened. Will wager that many will be after this.
Back to top Go down
pit dog
SSXSRider Member
pit dog

Number of posts : 1380
Registration date : 2010-02-28

PostSubject: Re: Don't buy from Dick's!   Don't buy from Dick's! EmptyTue Dec 18, 2012 12:38 pm

I won't support them. Schools around charleston have cops in school.
Back to top Go down
BigAlCash
SSXSRider Member
BigAlCash

Number of posts : 189
Registration date : 2012-01-08

PostSubject: Re: Don't buy from Dick's!   Don't buy from Dick's! EmptyTue Dec 18, 2012 12:49 pm

What a bunch of dicks.
Back to top Go down
Cuz
SSXSRider Member
Cuz

Number of posts : 327
Registration date : 2012-06-04

PostSubject: Re: Don't buy from Dick's!   Don't buy from Dick's! EmptyTue Dec 18, 2012 1:23 pm

BigAlCash wrote:
What a bunch of dicks.
Haha good one
Back to top Go down
cajuncoot
SSXSRider Member
cajuncoot

Number of posts : 3773
Registration date : 2008-03-25

PostSubject: Re: Don't buy from Dick's!   Don't buy from Dick's! EmptyTue Dec 18, 2012 6:36 pm

just read wal-mart is pulling guns also,, ass#&^$!
Back to top Go down
RZR_Joe
SSXSRider Member
RZR_Joe

Number of posts : 1991
Registration date : 2011-04-25

PostSubject: Re: Don't buy from Dick's!   Don't buy from Dick's! EmptyTue Dec 18, 2012 7:03 pm

I was standing at the gun counter last night looking for ammo when the corporate office called and told them to suspend sales. Political BS.

All major retailers are pulling Bushmasters from the shelves trying to distance themselves. All due to the BS media inaccurately reporting a BM AR was used. A
I see BM having a very uncertain future and many jobs lost over liberal media BS.
Back to top Go down
Woodtick
SSXSRider Member
Woodtick

Number of posts : 3254
Registration date : 2008-11-15

PostSubject: Re: Don't buy from Dick's!   Don't buy from Dick's! EmptyTue Dec 18, 2012 8:28 pm

Chuck on "Assault Rifles"

[youtube][/youtube]
Back to top Go down
Gimpy
SSXSRider Member
Gimpy

Number of posts : 7708
Registration date : 2009-10-01

PostSubject: Re: Don't buy from Dick's!   Don't buy from Dick's! EmptyWed Dec 19, 2012 9:34 pm

Like that is going to stop stupid, mental idiots.
Back to top Go down
http://lwurzel@twc.com
ohsresq
SSXSRider Member
ohsresq

Number of posts : 1753
Registration date : 2010-10-25

PostSubject: Re: Don't buy from Dick's!   Don't buy from Dick's! EmptySat Dec 29, 2012 4:27 pm

The scary thing is That i see our Govt voting in laws that never would have passed before that will make everyone a criminal that owns a firearm of anytype if were not careful. Never let a tragedy not be exploited by liberals to pass a law out of fear. Look at some of the freedoms we lost out of 911 due to fear mongering by our media and the govt. rant2 2cents So i say i sold my guns at the gunshow cough cough..........
Back to top Go down
http://ohsresq@yahoo.com
RZR_Joe
SSXSRider Member
RZR_Joe

PostSubject: Re: Don't buy from Dick's!   Don't buy from Dick's! EmptySat Dec 29, 2012 5:18 pm

After Dicks pulled their "modern sporting rifles" from the shelves I made a visit to my local store for a chat with the manager. I expressed my opinion on their politically correct position and they had lost a valued customer. I urged him to pass my message on up they ladder, he suggested calling the 800 number to corporate. I did and urge everyone else to do the same.

Had no idea Chuck Willory was a gun guy, you go Chuck!!!!!!!

My local gun shop got some new ARs in last night and a S&W MP-15 chambered in 300 blackout followed me home. cheers

"People should not fear the government, government should fear the people."
Back to top Go down
The Reaper

The Reaper

Number of posts : 202
Registration date : 2012-03-29

PostSubject: Re: Don't buy from Dick's!   Don't buy from Dick's! EmptySun Dec 30, 2012 1:30 am

RZR_Joe wrote:
After Dicks pulled their "modern sporting rifles" from the shelves I made a visit to my local store for a chat with the manager. I expressed my opinion on their politically correct position and they had lost a valued customer. I urged him to pass my message on up they ladder, he suggested calling the 800 number to corporate. I did and urge everyone else to do the same.

Had no idea Chuck Willory was a gun guy, you go Chuck!!!!!!!

My local gun shop got some new ARs in last night and a S&W MP-15 chambered in 300 blackout followed me home. cheers

"People should not fear the government, government should fear the people."

wheres your local gun store? im looking to buy one
Back to top Go down
RZR_Joe
SSXSRider Member
RZR_Joe

PostSubject: Re: Don't buy from Dick's!   Don't buy from Dick's! EmptySun Dec 30, 2012 9:03 am

Back to top Go down
RZR_Joe
SSXSRider Member
RZR_Joe

PostSubject: Re: Don't buy from Dick's!   Don't buy from Dick's! EmptySun Dec 30, 2012 9:07 am

Good luck finding ARs right now unless you jave a connection
People have gone crazy buying them. Prices on ARS and 223 ammo has tripled in the last two weeks.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Don't buy from Dick's!   Don't buy from Dick's! Empty

Back to top Go down

Don't buy from Dick's!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
SouthernSxSRiders :: General :: Other BS-
Jump to: