SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Can Am Maverick Muddy Hill Climb

Go down 
+10
wvyankee2
chipper
pit dog
Clayboy
MuddyBuddy
hobbz
Sporto
Stakk
8ball_99
The Big Show
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
The Big Show

The Big Show

Number of posts : 196
Registration date : 2010-05-08

Can Am Maverick Muddy Hill Climb Empty
PostSubject: Can Am Maverick Muddy Hill Climb   Can Am Maverick Muddy Hill Climb EmptyThu Jan 03, 2013 9:27 pm

The 4x4 system looks pretty good on this hill climb. I hope it's a proven machine!
Back to top Go down
8ball_99
SSXSRider Member
8ball_99

Number of posts : 1370
Registration date : 2010-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Can Am Maverick Muddy Hill Climb   Can Am Maverick Muddy Hill Climb EmptyFri Jan 04, 2013 12:05 am

Nope sorry to say it has the exact same diff as the commanders.. The 4wd will lock fine when you stomp on it in a mud hole 20 feet from the hill.. The problem is when you come up on a rock ledge you have to get on the gas and stay on it for several rotations before the front kicks in..
Back to top Go down
Stakk

Stakk

Number of posts : 482
Registration date : 2009-01-10

PostSubject: Re: Can Am Maverick Muddy Hill Climb   Can Am Maverick Muddy Hill Climb EmptyFri Jan 04, 2013 12:44 am

Shocked Well........that looks an awful lot like East Coast woods riding we do here and that Mav ate that wet muddy hillclimb up like it wasnt even there.......1st time anyway

I really don't think the non QE POS visco loc front diff is going to be a major problem 99.9% of the time.... It looks like if you hold the gas WFO, the front diff works pretty damn good.......LOL And Smack talking the RZR guy too.....LOL

This guy would fit in perfect with the Southern SxS Riders... thatsright
Back to top Go down
8ball_99
SSXSRider Member
8ball_99

PostSubject: Re: Can Am Maverick Muddy Hill Climb   Can Am Maverick Muddy Hill Climb EmptyFri Jan 04, 2013 8:03 am

Rocks is where it will have so much trouble. I've spent plenty of time on the trails with commanders and have seen it first hand. Couple of the drivers were also very good drivers.. Here is a video off of you tube showing the pros of visco lock. Not a great driver but still gives you an idea..
Back to top Go down
Sporto
SSXSRider Member
Sporto

Number of posts : 688
Registration date : 2009-07-10

PostSubject: Re: Can Am Maverick Muddy Hill Climb   Can Am Maverick Muddy Hill Climb EmptyFri Jan 04, 2013 10:20 am

With that being Madram Productions. I bet that was at Wheelin' in the country in Tennesse on New Years.
Back to top Go down
hobbz

hobbz

Number of posts : 190
Registration date : 2011-11-11

PostSubject: Re: Can Am Maverick Muddy Hill Climb   Can Am Maverick Muddy Hill Climb EmptyFri Jan 04, 2013 2:32 pm

How about another view to show how bad the dif loc is. Check out at about 25 sec mark

Back to top Go down
http://redneckridgeriders.com
Stakk

Stakk

PostSubject: Re: Can Am Maverick Muddy Hill Climb   Can Am Maverick Muddy Hill Climb EmptyFri Jan 04, 2013 3:48 pm

Looked to me like once it kicked in it stayed in? scratch down below it took 8-10 turns of the opposite wheel then it kicked in....all 4 were turning on the above climb, does it kick in as effective as the Poo Hilliard diff? no......but the XP got hung on this same spot on the 1st climb where the Mav climbed, and the Mav did make both try's....

BTW Hilliard's headquarters is in New York......they make the front diff's the clutches and the ADC for Polaris. these are not Polaris designed and engineerd parts...Polaris use's Hilliard's techology.....I am not sure who make's the visco loc for BRP.
Back to top Go down
MuddyBuddy
SSXSRider Member
MuddyBuddy

Number of posts : 2085
Registration date : 2010-01-03

PostSubject: Re: Can Am Maverick Muddy Hill Climb   Can Am Maverick Muddy Hill Climb EmptySat Jan 05, 2013 3:03 pm

Thats the dumbest thing about it. Once it kicks in it stays in, but the problem is 90% of the time its too little too late...... I guess that settles it. Im not getting one.
Back to top Go down
Clayboy
SSXSRider Member
Clayboy

Number of posts : 1861
Registration date : 2008-01-22

PostSubject: Re: Can Am Maverick Muddy Hill Climb   Can Am Maverick Muddy Hill Climb EmptySat Jan 05, 2013 10:50 pm

MuddyBuddy wrote:
Thats the dumbest thing about it. Once it kicks in it stays in, but the problem is 90% of the time its too little too late...... I guess that settles it. Im not getting one.

Man that machine is right there! Hopefully they are trying to improve the locker.
Back to top Go down
pit dog
SSXSRider Member
pit dog

Number of posts : 1380
Registration date : 2010-02-28

PostSubject: Re: Can Am Maverick Muddy Hill Climb   Can Am Maverick Muddy Hill Climb EmptySun Jan 06, 2013 11:57 am

Looks good.
Back to top Go down
Stakk

Stakk

PostSubject: Re: Can Am Maverick Muddy Hill Climb   Can Am Maverick Muddy Hill Climb EmptySun Jan 06, 2013 2:23 pm

OK guy's......let me say this......not trying to offend but it just appears that some are looking for ANYTHING to find neagative about the Mav. all the while ignoring all the negatives about the RZR.

The RZR got stuck on that same hill same spot the Mav made it up 1st time, and he made it up the 2nd time on his own where the RZR appeared to have to been pulled, winched or backed down the hill.

It's obvious that everyone and the media has a love affair with the RZR, but here we have people focusing on what appears to be the only negative the Mav has? a locker that doesnt kick in as fast as another brands.......and that one issue is a "deal breaker" scratch

Let's look at this, If XP owners have to spend x amount on trailing arms and radius rods, why not give the Mav equal fairness and just spend about the same amount on a QE for the Mav?

Here's what I'm seeing, everyone is focusing on that one issue, the slow engaging diff and making that one thing a deal breaker, but the crappy radius rods, sagging shock springs, crappy ball joints, crappy bearings, crappy a-arm bushings, crappy tie rods, plastic diff cage that's prone to break,All Polaris issue's isn't a deal breaker? scratch

See my point guys, slamming the Mav. for ONE short coming, but accepting the RZR for many issue's that so far Polaris ignores to improve? I'm just saying guys, come on put bias and favortism aside and look at them equally. If the single shitty design of the Mav (front diff) is a deal breaker, then why are the many shitty design's of the RZR not a deal breaker?

I'm curious to see the responses.
Back to top Go down
chipper
SSXSRider Member
chipper

Number of posts : 1035
Registration date : 2010-12-30

PostSubject: Re: Can Am Maverick Muddy Hill Climb   Can Am Maverick Muddy Hill Climb EmptySun Jan 06, 2013 5:12 pm

I agree the rzr has a lot of issues, especially mine, but places I ride the 4 wheel drive kicks in when needed and will crawl where you point it. I'm not going to mention any names because I like muddybuddy but I've seen that front take him no where too many times. that new maverick may have it nailed on everything else but if the 4 wheel drive won't let it crawl over the rocks and ledges we have around it without hitting it WFO then I wouldn't consider it. of course that is just my thoughts.
Back to top Go down
Stakk

Stakk

PostSubject: Re: Can Am Maverick Muddy Hill Climb   Can Am Maverick Muddy Hill Climb EmptySun Jan 06, 2013 5:29 pm

chipper wrote:
I agree the rzr has a lot of issues, especially mine, but places I ride the 4 wheel drive kicks in when needed and will crawl where you point it. I'm not going to mention any names because I like muddybuddy but I've seen that front take him no where too many times. that new maverick may have it nailed on everything else but if the 4 wheel drive won't let it crawl over the rocks and ledges we have around it without hitting it WFO then I wouldn't consider it. of course that is just my thoughts.

That's an honest opinion Chip.....let me ask you this, if after this 1st model year, it turns out that the front diff is the only major fubar the Mav has, and it can be fixed with a $1000.00 QE diff would you buy one and then just add the QE diff?

I forget how much Ronnie spent on his arms and rods but I bet together they are more than the QE diff would be to buy from Can Am.

Alot of you guys buy aftermarket and Pure Polaris parst to make your machines better and try to make them hold up better, without checking my data the average RZR customers spends about $1800-$2200 on their in stuff.

Would any of you guys buy the Mav and add the QE front diff and call it done?
Back to top Go down
chipper
SSXSRider Member
chipper

PostSubject: Re: Can Am Maverick Muddy Hill Climb   Can Am Maverick Muddy Hill Climb EmptySun Jan 06, 2013 5:44 pm

Stakk wrote:
chipper wrote:

That's an honest opinion Chip.....let me ask you this, if after this 1st model year, it turns out that the front diff is the only major fubar the Mav has, and it can be fixed with a $1000.00 QE diff would you buy one and then just add the QE diff?

I forget how much Ronnie spent on his arms and rods but I bet together they are more than the QE diff would be to buy from Can Am.

Alot of you guys buy aftermarket and Pure Polaris parst to make your machines better and try to make them hold up better, without checking my data the average RZR customers spends about $1800-$2200 on their in stuff.

Would any of you guys buy the Mav and add the QE front diff and call it done?

Don't quote me but I think that the z-broz setup is under $800 but he had the first one that I saw and even though it is helpful around here it isn't a necessary item. most of the money I've put into my rzr was extra stuff to make it more convenient or extras I guess. I did add a +5 suspension because I had a standard 50"er. it greatly improved the ride but I still went the same places as I do now, just shooter on my ass. I would consider it if it had a ha better 4 wheel drive. still just like a rzr you need doors tops windshield cargo boxes stereo and whatever else. if it proves it will crawl with a rzr i would consider it.
Back to top Go down
The Big Show

The Big Show

Number of posts : 196
Registration date : 2010-05-08

PostSubject: Re: Can Am Maverick Muddy Hill Climb   Can Am Maverick Muddy Hill Climb EmptySun Jan 06, 2013 5:49 pm

Stack I totally agree with you. If I knew for sure the upgraded QE front diff is as good as Polaris I would buy the Maverick XRS 1000 in a heart beat! Your point stands legit that the XP needs trailing arms and radius rods upgraded before it sees the first trail IMHO. My only concern is do they have the upgrade I need to make the front diff a true 4x4. The money we spend on either unit is the same!
Back to top Go down
Stakk

Stakk

PostSubject: Re: Can Am Maverick Muddy Hill Climb   Can Am Maverick Muddy Hill Climb EmptySun Jan 06, 2013 6:19 pm

The Big Show wrote:
Stack I totally agree with you. If I knew for sure the upgraded QE front diff is as good as Polaris I would buy the Maverick XRS 1000 in a heart beat! Your point stands legit that the XP needs trailing arms and radius rods upgraded before it sees the first trail IMHO. My only concern is do they have the upgrade I need to make the front diff a true 4x4. The money we spend on either unit is the same!

That was my whole point, ton's of mods made to RZR's to make them better and the front diff is a deal breaker on the Mav? Come on....... Rolling Eyes As much money as RZR customers put in their machines why not fix this one issue with the Mav and call it done?
Back to top Go down
chipper
SSXSRider Member
chipper

PostSubject: Re: Can Am Maverick Muddy Hill Climb   Can Am Maverick Muddy Hill Climb EmptySun Jan 06, 2013 6:26 pm

Stakk wrote:
The Big Show wrote:

That was my whole point, ton's of mods made to RZR's to make them better and the front diff is a deal breaker on the Mav? Come on....... Rolling Eyes As much money as RZR customers put in their machines why not fix this one issue with the Mav and call it done?

I think it is too early still to say a $1000 front dif and it needs nothing just yet. a rzr s off the floor is ready to go, just could use a little extra umph. a 900 NEEDS radius arms trailing arms do look like they are helpful but not necessary, $200 for the rods and it is ready.
Back to top Go down
Stakk

Stakk

PostSubject: Re: Can Am Maverick Muddy Hill Climb   Can Am Maverick Muddy Hill Climb EmptySun Jan 06, 2013 6:36 pm

chipper wrote:
Stakk wrote:
The Big Show wrote:

I think it is too early still to say a $1000 front dif and it needs nothing just yet. a rzr s off the floor is ready to go, just could use a little extra umph. a 900 NEEDS radius arms trailing arms do look like they are helpful but not necessary, $200 for the rods and it is ready.

Thats what I meant let's see how they hold up after this model year, they may have ton's of issues, but time will tell.......

You mentioned the S is ready to go? probably but I hear countless complaints on that machine.......ball joints, wheel bearings, a arm bushings shock springs all at about 500-600 miles on average.......people upset that they dont hold up well enough, the airbox location sucking dirt, the front diff issues having to repace with a billet cage, the springs making it look like a low rider.......and mainly having to go through all the bushings bearings and stuff all the time........

I've asked Ronnie different times, alll these things go bad quickly and owners try to make them more durable and better but people keep buying them like crazy.....Why? if they have all these issues.......I'm just trying to get into the mind of the customer......
Back to top Go down
wvyankee2
SSXSRider Member
wvyankee2

Number of posts : 10318
Registration date : 2008-01-22

PostSubject: Re: Can Am Maverick Muddy Hill Climb   Can Am Maverick Muddy Hill Climb EmptySun Jan 06, 2013 8:53 pm

Stakk wrote:

I've asked Ronnie different times, alll these things go bad quickly and owners try to make them more durable and better but people keep buying them like crazy.....Why? if they have all these issues.......I'm just trying to get into the mind of the customer......

They have the lowest center of gravity, and the best working 4wd system which gives the average driver the confidence he needs to tackle the tougher terrain. In other words, it makes up for a lack of talent in the tough spots that other machinès don't. You can overlook a lot of short comings for that. it is also the most comfortable machine to drive all day with its seating position and wheel travel. These are the reasons people hold their nose and buy them. It's better than holding your breath and hoping you make it up a difficult trail. roflmao
Back to top Go down
8ball_99
SSXSRider Member
8ball_99

PostSubject: Re: Can Am Maverick Muddy Hill Climb   Can Am Maverick Muddy Hill Climb EmptySun Jan 06, 2013 11:09 pm

I think the main difference is we have all seen RZRs go on the trail.. Yes they eat bushings and ball joints. Yeah the XPs lower radius rods and trailing arms need replaced. Over all they are the best we have. Maybe the maverick will change that. From what I've seen though commanders have just as much problem with durability as RZRs do. On top of that the 4wd system doesn't work. I'm also not a fan of a computer deciding how much throttle I need so I don't break something. Thats not a deal breaker though cause my stupid duramax does the same thing. Its 4wd works though...

I'm sure if the maverick turns out to be a good machine and someone comes up with an easy fix for the 4wd they will take off.
Back to top Go down
Stakk

Stakk

PostSubject: Re: Can Am Maverick Muddy Hill Climb   Can Am Maverick Muddy Hill Climb EmptyWed Jan 09, 2013 2:17 am

Apparently Tripp Pullen drove a 900XP before he got the Maverick?
LOL::::::: Looks like he won $10,000.00 for that performance

Last edited by Stakk on Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:23 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Stakk

Stakk

PostSubject: Re: Can Am Maverick Muddy Hill Climb   Can Am Maverick Muddy Hill Climb EmptyWed Jan 09, 2013 2:22 am

Back to top Go down
8ball_99
SSXSRider Member
8ball_99

PostSubject: Re: Can Am Maverick Muddy Hill Climb   Can Am Maverick Muddy Hill Climb EmptyWed Jan 09, 2013 8:12 am

I read the thread in the link and it seems the maverick isn't his.. Was someone elses who wasn't around.. Which is why he was beating on it some.. In the thread that one of his buddies explains.. He also says Tripp think the maverick can't climb for chit cause of the front diff. And the QE is not a fix for it.. Their words now mine.. The fact he made it up that hill in it and the XP didn't doesn't mean much.. Since it looks like that guy races at SxS races often.. Even has one a few..
Back to top Go down
Stakk

Stakk

PostSubject: Re: Can Am Maverick Muddy Hill Climb   Can Am Maverick Muddy Hill Climb EmptyWed Jan 09, 2013 2:27 pm

8ball_99 wrote:
I read the thread in the link and it seems the maverick isn't his.. Was someone elses who wasn't around.. Which is why he was beating on it some.. In the thread that one of his buddies explains.. He also says Tripp think the maverick can't climb for chit cause of the front diff. And the QE is not a fix for it.. Their words now mine.. The fact he made it up that hill in it and the XP didn't doesn't mean much.. Since it looks like that guy races at SxS races often.. Even has one a few..

YEah I saw that too, wonder how legit the info was? hard to say, I could'nt post the photo with him holding the check, maybe you can, I dont know how...lol

This guy is hardcore for sure, be fun to get him here with the Club and see how fast he could climb the rock on Brimstone trail 5? Eat
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

Number of posts : 16074
Registration date : 2008-02-26

PostSubject: Re: Can Am Maverick Muddy Hill Climb   Can Am Maverick Muddy Hill Climb EmptyWed Jan 09, 2013 3:53 pm

This is a good thread guys. I think it is great for the industry that other manufacturers are producing sport machines.

Stakk is right about modding our machines to our type of ridding. I for example would not have bought an XP if it were not for the after market trailing arms. I would have stuck with the RZR S or maybe bought the Wild Cat.

All of these machines are going to have issues. Therefore, I look at a machine for its ability. The RZR S/XP are proven machines. Also, the Wild Cat. IMO

The Maverick is new to the market. I think Can Am is on to something but I am not sure about it just yet. We all know the four wheel dirve system is junk. Maybe someone will make a modd that will fix it. Until then I would not buy one. However, keep in mind that I would not ever own a Polaris..... Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Can Am Maverick Muddy Hill Climb   Can Am Maverick Muddy Hill Climb Empty

Back to top Go down

Can Am Maverick Muddy Hill Climb
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next