SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

RZR 4 questions???

Go down 
+3
bonzo
Big-R
bacon
7 posters
AuthorMessage
bacon
SSXSRider Member
bacon

Number of posts : 849
Registration date : 2011-09-06

RZR 4 questions??? Empty
PostSubject: RZR 4 questions???   RZR 4 questions??? EmptySun Jan 20, 2013 5:50 am

Im really starting to like the idea of a RZR 4 800. I mainly ride windrock and was wondering how much harder is it to get around? I know the longwheel base is gonna give some trouble with high centering, but how bad is it? Any other up or downs about em please chime in. The extra room would be great when nobody was riding in the back and it would be nice to take my parents and friends on rides here and there. Bout got all the bugs worked outta my S so im ready to trade it in. Changing my mind everyday on what i want tho lol
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

Number of posts : 16074
Registration date : 2008-02-26

RZR 4 questions??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: RZR 4 questions???   RZR 4 questions??? EmptySun Jan 20, 2013 9:49 am

Many people here have 4's. I am sure they will chime in.

If you are riding large trail systems I don't see you having any problems getting around.
Back to top Go down
bonzo
SSXSRider Member
bonzo

Number of posts : 156
Registration date : 2010-05-23

RZR 4 questions??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: RZR 4 questions???   RZR 4 questions??? EmptySun Jan 20, 2013 12:14 pm

I dont have any trouble getting around. Get you a good set of tree kickers and go! thatsright
Back to top Go down
d6nlpg
SSXSRider Member
d6nlpg

Number of posts : 189
Registration date : 2012-08-12

RZR 4 questions??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: RZR 4 questions???   RZR 4 questions??? EmptySun Jan 20, 2013 3:44 pm

I will back Bonzo, he has no trouble. Only times I've seen him have trouble wheel base had nothing to do with it. Tree kickers are a must.
Back to top Go down
southernkyrzr4
SSXSRider Member
southernkyrzr4

Number of posts : 268
Registration date : 2012-05-28

RZR 4 questions??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: RZR 4 questions???   RZR 4 questions??? EmptySun Jan 20, 2013 4:46 pm

bonzo wrote:
I dont have any trouble getting around. Get you a good set of tree kickers and go! thatsright

X3 and tree kickers are a deffinate must have item on a rzr4
Back to top Go down
bacon
SSXSRider Member
bacon

RZR 4 questions??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: RZR 4 questions???   RZR 4 questions??? EmptySun Jan 20, 2013 5:47 pm

How about the power, compared to the S? How to they do carrying 2 extra people?
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

RZR 4 questions??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: RZR 4 questions???   RZR 4 questions??? EmptySun Jan 20, 2013 6:13 pm

bacon wrote:

Compared to the S you are going to feel like you are lacking in power. If you started with a 4 then you would not know the difference. However, same engine more weight means less power.
Back to top Go down
bacon
SSXSRider Member
bacon

RZR 4 questions??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: RZR 4 questions???   RZR 4 questions??? EmptySun Jan 20, 2013 6:15 pm

Big-R wrote:
bacon wrote:

Compared to the S you are going to feel like you are lacking in power. If you started with a 4 then you would not know the difference. However, same engine more weight means less power.

Ok, that's what ive been wondering. I thought maybe they had lower gearing to make up for weight.
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

RZR 4 questions??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: RZR 4 questions???   RZR 4 questions??? EmptySun Jan 20, 2013 6:18 pm

bacon wrote:
Big-R wrote:
bacon wrote:

Ok, that's what ive been wondering. I thought maybe they had lower gearing to make up for weight.

No but you can change the clutch. It will help.
Back to top Go down
Big Jake 1637
SSXSRider Member
Big Jake 1637

Number of posts : 70
Registration date : 2010-08-01

RZR 4 questions??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: RZR 4 questions???   RZR 4 questions??? EmptySun Jan 20, 2013 7:14 pm

I've got the XP 900 4 and don't have any trouble once I figured out the tricks. Yes, tree kickers will make a big difference. One thing I highly recommend with 4 people in it, is to make sure you have power steering. Mine wears me out when i've got a full load of people.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/chris.sturgill1?ref=tn_tnmn
southernkyrzr4
SSXSRider Member
southernkyrzr4

Number of posts : 268
Registration date : 2012-05-28

RZR 4 questions??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: RZR 4 questions???   RZR 4 questions??? EmptySun Jan 20, 2013 11:58 pm

Big R is right coming from an s to a 4 you will notice the power difference with the extra passengers,however i hauled two grown men and myself all over black mountain with no problem 250x2+200= 700 lbs and yes on power steering its one of my next mods fully loaded it will wear you out after a days ride even if rear psg are children.
Back to top Go down
Cuz
SSXSRider Member
Cuz

Number of posts : 327
Registration date : 2012-06-04

RZR 4 questions??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: RZR 4 questions???   RZR 4 questions??? EmptyMon Jan 21, 2013 12:24 am

Two best things I ever done to mine is tree bars and power steering. As far as power they are alittle weak. Steep hills really drag em down, but I can get thru all the rough stuff everyone else goes thru. Even with the extra weight of a cooler and a box of tools and supplies. I finally bought me a xp4 two weeks ago. Havent had it out yet, but cant wait to see how it compares.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

RZR 4 questions??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: RZR 4 questions???   RZR 4 questions??? Empty

Back to top Go down

RZR 4 questions???
Page 1 of 1