SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

frs/gmrs radios

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
redneck

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2008-06-24

frs/gmrs radios Empty
PostSubject: frs/gmrs radios   frs/gmrs radios EmptyThu Jul 03, 2008 8:01 pm

i sell kenwood radios program with the frs ,gmrs radio channels in ,and all the stuff,ant,mic,bracket,wiring,mounts they realy work great ,i have sold about 30of them down in harlan county, feel free to call 502.442.3698 any time thanks. rebel perfect10
Back to top Go down
wvyankee2
SSXSRider Member
wvyankee2

Number of posts : 10318
Registration date : 2008-01-22

frs/gmrs radios Empty
PostSubject: Re: frs/gmrs radios   frs/gmrs radios EmptyThu Jul 03, 2008 10:20 pm

Post a pic and price. Do these mount in dash?
Back to top Go down
redneck

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2008-06-24

frs/gmrs radios Empty
PostSubject: radios   frs/gmrs radios EmptyFri Jul 04, 2008 10:19 pm

wvyankee2 wrote:
Post a pic and price. Do these mount in dash?
they mount any where you want i mount it up on top ,my camere is down. you can go to ebay and look up kenwood tk-840 $200.00 could u call me 502.442.3698 thank paul rebel
Back to top Go down
Last Chance Rhino
SSXSRider Member

Number of posts : 131
Registration date : 2008-03-16

frs/gmrs radios Empty
PostSubject: Re: frs/gmrs radios   frs/gmrs radios EmptyThu Jul 10, 2008 9:55 pm

Not trying to be the radio police, but after spending about 50 years in the two-way radio field, I am just wondering if you are informing those using these radios that to be legal they need a FCC GMRS license to operate on GMRS channels and if they are TK-840s I don't believe that they are FCC certified for FRS use.
Back to top Go down
wvyankee2
SSXSRider Member
wvyankee2

Number of posts : 10318
Registration date : 2008-01-22

frs/gmrs radios Empty
PostSubject: Re: frs/gmrs radios   frs/gmrs radios EmptyThu Jul 10, 2008 10:07 pm

Last Chance Rhino wrote:
Not trying to be the radio police, but after spending about 50 years in the two-way radio field, I am just wondering if you are informing those using these radios that to be legal they need a FCC GMRS license to operate on GMRS channels and if they are TK-840s I don't believe that they are FCC certified for FRS use.

They are not. They are modified with the FRS/GMRS channels and have 35 watts of power. Not legal, but kick ass. Razz He was supposed to post some pics. Price is $200.00 and says real range of 12 miles.
Back to top Go down
Last Chance Rhino
SSXSRider Member

Number of posts : 131
Registration date : 2008-03-16

frs/gmrs radios Empty
PostSubject: Re: frs/gmrs radios   frs/gmrs radios EmptySun Jul 13, 2008 9:43 pm

FRS radios are limited to 1/2 watt and any mobile type radio will not have FRS certification and only certain mobile units are certified for GMRS. However, the FCC rules are generally ignored. I guess I am just more sensitive to such things as I have been associated with two-way radio for many years and I don't want my license lifted.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

frs/gmrs radios Empty
PostSubject: Re: frs/gmrs radios   frs/gmrs radios Empty

Back to top Go down

frs/gmrs radios
Page 1 of 1