SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Windrock rumor

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

Windrock rumor Empty
PostSubject: Windrock rumor   Windrock rumor EmptyMon Jan 28, 2008 7:32 pm

This maybe only a rumor, I haven't been able to confirm it so take it with a grain..........
A pretty reliable source told me yesterday that the ATV club is giving all contorl back to Coal Creek Mining Company due to pressure from DNR and tree-huggers because of erosion and run-off into the creeks. They are going to have to build bridges over ALL creek crossings and silt-fence any run-off areas. The club does not have the resoures for such a project and is giving control back. Anybody heard this???
Jimbo
Back to top Go down
Clutch

Clutch

Number of posts : 217
Registration date : 2008-01-22

Windrock rumor Empty
PostSubject: Re: Windrock rumor   Windrock rumor EmptyMon Jan 28, 2008 8:25 pm

I hear the same thing is happening at Telico do to trail erosion.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Windrock rumor Empty
PostSubject: Re: Windrock rumor   Windrock rumor EmptyMon Jan 28, 2008 8:53 pm

ridepate wrote:
This maybe only a rumor, I haven't been able to confirm it so take it with a grain..........
A pretty reliable source told me yesterday that the ATV club is giving all contorl back to Coal Creek Mining Company due to pressure from DNR and tree-huggers because of erosion and run-off into the creeks. They are going to have to build bridges over ALL creek crossings and silt-fence any run-off areas. The club does not have the resoures for such a project and is giving control back. Anybody heard this???
Jimbo

as far as i have heard the club is still as normal. except the club doesnt recieve any funds anymore from the permit sales this is because the club no longer is going to be doing any major trail main.it is just too big of job for the club.coal creek has hired full time employees to maintain the trails
Back to top Go down
Tellico450

Tellico450

Number of posts : 304
Registration date : 2008-01-21

Windrock rumor Empty
PostSubject: Re: Windrock rumor   Windrock rumor EmptyMon Jan 28, 2008 9:20 pm

as rhinomcb said........if you go to windrockatvclub's website......it has a big post about that!
Back to top Go down
GunRunner
SSXSRider Member
GunRunner

Number of posts : 5296
Registration date : 2008-01-22

Windrock rumor Empty
PostSubject: Re: Windrock rumor   Windrock rumor EmptyThu Jan 31, 2008 10:22 am

windrock atv was removed by coal creek as to running the atv part of windrock. ?The club couldnt keep up with what was needed by the epa so coal creek decided to take it on themselves and hire two full time employes to keep the trails in shape and build the required water crossings. Its all on the website
Back to top Go down
http://southernrzrriders.com
BCO
SSXSRider Member
BCO

Number of posts : 533
Registration date : 2008-01-31

Windrock rumor Empty
PostSubject: Re: Windrock rumor   Windrock rumor EmptyThu Jan 31, 2008 12:46 pm

have heard similar things myself

know they have cancelled several events...the guys that did the poker run were wanting to get us to do it at our new park here in bell county, but it is still under construction.

guess we'll find out what happens soon enough...
Back to top Go down
http://www.hollercrawlers.com
Sponsored content

Windrock rumor Empty
PostSubject: Re: Windrock rumor   Windrock rumor Empty

Back to top Go down

Windrock rumor
Page 1 of 1