SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

rhino low end power

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
greenhead

greenhead

Number of posts : 46
Registration date : 2008-05-31

rhino low end power Empty
PostSubject: rhino low end power   rhino low end power EmptySun Jul 06, 2008 10:05 pm

Anyone feel like their 660 or 700 rhino has no low end power when you get stuck or need to go slow in sand or mud , it feels like I'm burning up a belt or something I just put on a new dayco high performance belt it helped but I'll take any hints that ya'll will give out oh yeah I don't have big tires either.
Back to top Go down
AIRBORNE
SSXSRider Member
AIRBORNE

Number of posts : 6266
Registration date : 2008-05-01

PostSubject: Re: rhino low end power   rhino low end power EmptySun Jul 06, 2008 10:24 pm

Well, I do know one guy that is a clutch guru with these CVTs. He came up with all kinds of mods for the King Quad 700, and he has since started toying with the Rhino. His handle is COOP 45, and you can read up on it here. Send him a PM and he will answer any questions you may have. Very nice guy and smart too!

http://www.nyrocatv.com/forum.cgi?viewcat=1&viewtopic=16370&searchtext=grizzly

Keep us in the loop on anything that works for you. I am a little disappointed in the low end too. I plan to use the shims and rollers that I got with my performance clutch kit along with the machined sheave. Good luck!
Back to top Go down
https://s300.photobucket.com/albums/nn28/AirborneWV/
wvyankee2
SSXSRider Member
wvyankee2

Number of posts : 10318
Registration date : 2008-01-22

PostSubject: Re: rhino low end power   rhino low end power EmptySun Jul 06, 2008 10:37 pm

If you have the 660, taking the muffler cooling fan off the motor on the passenger side will help in deep water or mud. That fan spinning in water or especially mud bogs down the motor.
Back to top Go down
ChrisC
SSXSRider Member
ChrisC

Number of posts : 5483
Registration date : 2008-06-30

PostSubject: Re: rhino low end power   rhino low end power EmptyMon Jul 07, 2008 12:42 am

According to yamaha a 700 is geared a little lower in low range and reverse
than a 660. thats why thay use a different clutch and sheeve.
there is acualy a utube vid about all the changes that was made from 07
to 08 , the changes are quite extensive. lower low gear lower reverse ,
bigger axals and spindles park break more automotive type. air box raise in front 6 inches higher. CVT vent raised higher. motor has 3 more HP and fuel injection.
no cooling fan on the side to bog in water. thermostatic cooling system.
thats kinda why i waited and got a 08. for some folks these changes may not be that big of a deal. but if you go watch all 700 vids on utube , and look at some of the stock 660 vids. you can tell a bit of difference. i have studied them. and the 700 go's through the mud and water easier. just listen to the motors in the vids. in the mud there not bogging down near as much as the 660.
i mean its not like mind blowing but there are suttle change to improve
on things. i guess i wont know if it was an improvement til i get in the dirt... :D
but you are right none of them have a low enough gear. it would be nice to have a super low , low range. like my suzuki quad did. in low you could walk faster than that thing would go.

Chris.... cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: rhino low end power   rhino low end power Empty

Back to top Go down

rhino low end power
Page 1 of 1