SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Iron Gap( Winchester TN) July 19th

Go down 
+4
Big-R
wvyankee2
broknbonz
Wyld
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Wyld

Wyld

Number of posts : 32
Registration date : 2008-02-15

Iron Gap( Winchester TN) July 19th Empty
PostSubject: Iron Gap( Winchester TN) July 19th   Iron Gap( Winchester TN) July 19th EmptyMon Jul 07, 2008 10:38 pm

Guys, We're having a ride the 19th at Iron-Gap. All are welcome to attend. Should be in for a good challenging ride. Lots of rocks and mudholes, as well as a creek to cross. Should be an all-day ride.

Place: Iron gap, keith Springs mountian, Winchester TN.

Time: 9(A.M.) CST.

Meeting place TBD soon.

Directions:

From nashville:
Take I-24 to exit 127, should be the Winchester Pelham exit or hwy 64. Take hwy 64 towards winchester. The road to Iron gap and keith springs is the third road past the 41-a exit( to the left). ( should be right after an MX track). This is rt 16, stay on rt 16 to the mtn, up the mtn. Take 1st road to your right, ( should be Iron gap road), follow for about 1/4-1/2 mile to community center on left.( Park here). In order to park, you must have a permit. One permit needed per tow vehicle. (Permits can be purchased at the store further down the main rt 16 south( they are $5 each). Just unload at the community center and follow the 4-wheeler tracks to the store, Then meet back at the community center, take Iron-gap road to the end( it dead-ends with a driveway to the left and a dirt road to the right, take the dirt road, and follow to the trails.

From Chattanooga:
Take I-24 to exit 134, should be on hwy 41-A, heading towards Sewannee and Winchester. Follow road down mtn, take hwy 64 w towards Fayetteville. Look for the 3rd road to your left ( should be right after an MX track).This should be rt 16, stay on rt 16 to the mtn, up the mtn. Take 1st road to your right, ( should be Iron gap road), follow for about 1/4-1/2 mile to community center on left.( Park here). In order to park, you must have a permit. (Permits can be purchased at the store further down the main rt 16 south( they are $5 each). Just unload at the community center and follow the 4-wheeler tracks to the store, Then meet back at the community center, take Iron-gap road to the end( it dead-ends with a driveway to the left and a dirt road to the right, take the dirt road, and follow to the trails.

Hope ya'll can attend.
Back to top Go down
broknbonz

broknbonz

Number of posts : 218
Registration date : 2008-03-03

PostSubject: Re: Iron Gap( Winchester TN) July 19th   Iron Gap( Winchester TN) July 19th EmptySun Jul 13, 2008 7:44 pm

I can't believe this, nobody wants to ride ?
Back to top Go down
Wyld

Wyld

PostSubject: Re: Iron Gap( Winchester TN) July 19th   Iron Gap( Winchester TN) July 19th EmptySun Jul 13, 2008 8:48 pm

Uh, we got several on the other forum coming, and a few on the CATVR forum maybe coming. Mostt i guess just watch and don't post, either they ain't computer savy or sumthin else.

Supposed to be a good turnout from what i've heard.
Back to top Go down
wvyankee2
SSXSRider Member
wvyankee2

Number of posts : 10318
Registration date : 2008-01-22

PostSubject: Re: Iron Gap( Winchester TN) July 19th   Iron Gap( Winchester TN) July 19th EmptySun Jul 13, 2008 9:55 pm

Dont know how many on here may be local to that area, but I and others that have to travel already have the Windrock ride the next weekend to come to. A little to close together. Rhino
Back to top Go down
Wyld

Wyld

PostSubject: Re: Iron Gap( Winchester TN) July 19th   Iron Gap( Winchester TN) July 19th EmptyMon Jul 14, 2008 12:30 am

That's fine, i don't expect everyone to make it. i won't be at the Windrock ride this year, thinking seriously about just boycotting the whole Windrock altogether.
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

Number of posts : 16074
Registration date : 2008-02-26

PostSubject: Re: Iron Gap( Winchester TN) July 19th   Iron Gap( Winchester TN) July 19th EmptyMon Jul 14, 2008 9:44 pm

Wyld wrote:
That's fine, i don't expect everyone to make it. i won't be at the Windrock ride this year, thinking seriously about just boycotting the whole Windrock altogether.

why boycott windrock?
Back to top Go down
Wyld

Wyld

PostSubject: Re: Iron Gap( Winchester TN) July 19th   Iron Gap( Winchester TN) July 19th EmptyMon Jul 14, 2008 11:01 pm

Thinking about it, but just a thought. Gas is one factor and work another, plus seems most of the good trails are becoming gravel superhighways.

Might make it up there once this year, but i know there are plenty other good places i have not yet rode, that are just if not better riding than WR,
Back to top Go down
wvyankee2
SSXSRider Member
wvyankee2

Number of posts : 10318

PostSubject: Re: Iron Gap( Winchester TN) July 19th   Iron Gap( Winchester TN) July 19th EmptyTue Jul 15, 2008 7:29 am

Iron Gap. Isn't that private property, and the place where TWRA officers were threatening to fine people and confiscate their machines for riding there? Cop
Back to top Go down
GunRunner
SSXSRider Member
GunRunner

Number of posts : 5296

PostSubject: Re: Iron Gap( Winchester TN) July 19th   Iron Gap( Winchester TN) July 19th EmptyTue Jul 15, 2008 11:21 am

busted pull them rhinos over boys :(lmao: hope that dont happen!
Back to top Go down
http://southernrzrriders.com
Wyld

Wyld

PostSubject: Re: Iron Gap( Winchester TN) July 19th   Iron Gap( Winchester TN) July 19th EmptyTue Jul 15, 2008 7:10 pm

wvyankee2 wrote:
Iron Gap. Isn't that private property, and the place where TWRA officers were threatening to fine people and confiscate their machines for riding there? Cop

No, some private property, but we know owners. It follows a county unimproved road( real primitive). TWRA was there a while ago but more towards the Alabama border. You can still ride there, just after the TWRA sign( bear cove wma, supposed to be for Walls of jerico) you have to stay on the trail. Main reason for this is farmers past the deep mucky mudholes were tired of atvers tearing up the creekbeds and sidehills.

Only time they threatened people was the rock crawlers for riding thru the creekbeds and when they have water in them. but that is what they( TWRA officials) told me.
Back to top Go down
AIRBORNE
SSXSRider Member
AIRBORNE

Number of posts : 6266
Registration date : 2008-05-01

PostSubject: Re: Iron Gap( Winchester TN) July 19th   Iron Gap( Winchester TN) July 19th EmptyTue Jul 15, 2008 10:46 pm

Windrock is nice.......BUT, I hear they are cracking down to a 10mph speed limit on the gravel roads, and they also started prohibiting camping at the unloading area. I was there last year and it was nice, but there are too many other areas I am going to check out first before I go all the way back down there. Since I got on this forum and the Cumberland ATV forum, I see that there are MANY places in KY and TN that I had never even heard of. Brimstone, Royal Blue, and several others have made me raise an eyebrow to possible road trips. Don't get me wrong, I had a good time at Windrock when I went, but I think it is getting too strict (at least from what hearsay I have gotten from my buddies).
Back to top Go down
https://s300.photobucket.com/albums/nn28/AirborneWV/
Wyld

Wyld

PostSubject: Re: Iron Gap( Winchester TN) July 19th   Iron Gap( Winchester TN) July 19th EmptyWed Jul 16, 2008 12:18 am

You are right on that Airborne. Wish things were like they used to be, but i guess when they go for progress, us on the old ways have to endure. WR has a 15 mph speedlimit on gravel roads, 10 or 5 mph on the paved road( on top of the mtn). There are several places in TN and KY that allow riding for free. Just costs the gas on getting there.

When you coming home from Afganistan?
Back to top Go down
AIRBORNE
SSXSRider Member
AIRBORNE

PostSubject: Re: Iron Gap( Winchester TN) July 19th   Iron Gap( Winchester TN) July 19th EmptyWed Jul 16, 2008 11:17 am

Son, I will be there in January, and I will be ready to ride in FEB! I do have several key tasks that have to be done. My wife and baby are in WV, and we gave up our house in FT Campbell. So, first and foremost, I need to get my stuff out of storage and get us into a house. Then, I need to figure out where we are planning a ride. I would LOVE to head to Evarts. It seems to be a feasible trip for most people. I know my camper probably wont be done by then, but I should have my shower, beds and toilet done. I may not have the tv and all the "niceties" (good word) done, but I think it would be enough to be comfortable. There may even be snow in Feb in Evarts. If you have never been up to Big Black and then over to look into VA you are missing out.
Back to top Go down
Wyld

Wyld

PostSubject: Re: Iron Gap( Winchester TN) July 19th   Iron Gap( Winchester TN) July 19th EmptyWed Jul 16, 2008 6:44 pm

I went to Evarts last year for memorial day weekend. With my cousin. He was in a truck with his club and i just went cause i haven't been there before. had a blast.

I have a close friend in Iraq right now( Airforce reserve). He's supposed to be back in the states by october.

Stay safe over there, we all want our soldiers to come home from Iraq-Afganistan soon.
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

PostSubject: Re: Iron Gap( Winchester TN) July 19th   Iron Gap( Winchester TN) July 19th EmptyWed Jul 16, 2008 11:17 pm

Airborne LT wrote:
Son, I will be there in January, and I will be ready to ride in FEB! I do have several key tasks that have to be done. My wife and baby are in WV, and we gave up our house in FT Campbell. So, first and foremost, I need to get my stuff out of storage and get us into a house. Then, I need to figure out where we are planning a ride. I would LOVE to head to Evarts. It seems to be a feasible trip for most people. I know my camper probably wont be done by then, but I should have my shower, beds and toilet done. I may not have the tv and all the "niceties" (good word) done, but I think it would be enough to be comfortable. There may even be snow in Feb in Evarts. If you have never been up to Big Black and then over to look into VA you are missing out.

Chris,

I will get a cabin at Evarts for us when you get back. You, me and the wife's (baby if she can ride at that time). That is the lest I can do for one of our countries finest. If you are not one of our finest, just let me believe that anyways. Makes me feel like I'm doing something good.... :D
Back to top Go down
AIRBORNE
SSXSRider Member
AIRBORNE

PostSubject: Re: Iron Gap( Winchester TN) July 19th   Iron Gap( Winchester TN) July 19th EmptyThu Jul 17, 2008 12:17 am

Sounds good..........I think I can spring for some bourbon then for the menfolk! Maybe the Yankster would be down for a road trip too.
I will not say I in the "elite" in the Army, but I still consider myself to be a good Soldier. Maybe a little wilder than most Officers, but I keep it real!!
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

PostSubject: Re: Iron Gap( Winchester TN) July 19th   Iron Gap( Winchester TN) July 19th EmptyThu Jul 17, 2008 11:41 pm

Airborne LT wrote:
Sounds good..........I think I can spring for some bourbon then for the menfolk! Maybe the Yankster would be down for a road trip too.
I will not say I in the "elite" in the Army, but I still consider myself to be a good Soldier. Maybe a little wilder than most Officers, but I keep it real!!

Chris,

I am not kidding. If you are down for a January ride, so am I. How about it yank. You think you can ride in the cold ? drive Chug
Back to top Go down
AIRBORNE
SSXSRider Member
AIRBORNE

PostSubject: Re: Iron Gap( Winchester TN) July 19th   Iron Gap( Winchester TN) July 19th EmptyFri Jul 18, 2008 12:04 am

I am down for riding in whatever. I would like to maybe ride in some snow at Evarts. That would be cool.
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

PostSubject: Re: Iron Gap( Winchester TN) July 19th   Iron Gap( Winchester TN) July 19th EmptyFri Jul 18, 2008 4:03 pm

Snow is fun.....

Iron Gap( Winchester TN) July 19th Rhinosnow018hi7
Back to top Go down
Clayboy
SSXSRider Member
Clayboy

Number of posts : 1861

PostSubject: Re: Iron Gap( Winchester TN) July 19th   Iron Gap( Winchester TN) July 19th EmptyFri Jul 18, 2008 4:11 pm

Evarts in January! Shocked Ok I'm in!
Back to top Go down
Wyld

Wyld

PostSubject: Re: Iron Gap( Winchester TN) July 19th   Iron Gap( Winchester TN) July 19th EmptyFri Jul 18, 2008 5:35 pm

ok, i see you all have gotten away from the original thread on this one.

Back to the original post. Iron-Gap ride In winchester TN, meet @ 9 a.m. in Winchester TN at the speedway market( beside the winchester Tn speedway) Head out no later than 9:30 that morning to Keith springs mountian( which is about 10 miles away). Either Bring your own lunch, or we are going to cook out.

Lots of mud and rocks, if you have mudlites, you are warned you may encounter sidewall failures on this ride.
Back to top Go down
GunRunner
SSXSRider Member
GunRunner

Number of posts : 5296

PostSubject: Re: Iron Gap( Winchester TN) July 19th   Iron Gap( Winchester TN) July 19th EmptyFri Jul 18, 2008 5:47 pm

Shoot i didn't see the topic, just read the posts from the top of this page and thought it was about cold weather riding allright Sounds like a good ride, be careful and hope you have a good turnout. Tell your guys any of them that want to join us next weekend at windrock they are welcome and they get a free hotdog too allright
Back to top Go down
http://southernrzrriders.com
AIRBORNE
SSXSRider Member
AIRBORNE

PostSubject: Re: Iron Gap( Winchester TN) July 19th   Iron Gap( Winchester TN) July 19th EmptyFri Jul 18, 2008 9:06 pm

Well, I got some disheatening news yesterday. It may be late January now for me to get home to KY instead of early January. That is not the worst part.........looks like they may be planning to cut our time home before deploying again. We were looking at 18-22 months home then back for another year. Now it is rumored that we will only get 11 months home. I sure hope thats BS.
Back to top Go down
ChrisC
SSXSRider Member
ChrisC

Number of posts : 5483
Registration date : 2008-06-30

PostSubject: Re: Iron Gap( Winchester TN) July 19th   Iron Gap( Winchester TN) July 19th EmptyFri Jul 18, 2008 10:26 pm

LT , with only 11 months you would not get all the stuff
done to your rhino you want to get done. and go on many rides... Sad
Back to top Go down
AIRBORNE
SSXSRider Member
AIRBORNE

PostSubject: Re: Iron Gap( Winchester TN) July 19th   Iron Gap( Winchester TN) July 19th EmptySat Jul 19, 2008 2:19 am

Yeah no shit. That is why I am not the happiest of campers right now. I know it comes with the territory but damn. 13-14 month deployment, 11 months at home then gone again? It is no wonder they are having a hard time keeping people in.
I do have lots of places I want to ride next year........Harlan, Brimstone, Royal Blue, maybe Coal Creek again. Sure hope I get em all in.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Iron Gap( Winchester TN) July 19th   Iron Gap( Winchester TN) July 19th Empty

Back to top Go down

Iron Gap( Winchester TN) July 19th
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next