SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Need real world opinions on some tires and wheels

Go down 
+10
KY. Colonel
8ball_99
brhodes22
BluDevil
Big-R
Dan
STR8RZR
aweisgarber
ridepate
jhoncho4x4
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
8ball_99
SSXSRider Member
8ball_99

Number of posts : 1370
Registration date : 2010-05-04

Need real world opinions on some tires and wheels - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need real world opinions on some tires and wheels   Need real world opinions on some tires and wheels - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 01, 2013 11:29 pm

I tried 9" all around on my 800 and hated it. Simply not enough traction in 2wd. It also looked a little funny to me. I think 11s wouldn't be a problem. Maybe a little more spin in 2wd. But I was also planning on switching from bighorns to something else. Maybe a little more bite. On the XP I've got EPS so I'm not to worried about the steering. I'm honestly not in 4wd very much so I don't think the extra wear and tear would be bad on the front. Besides I wonder how the weight of an aftermarket wheel compares to a stock aluminum. Heavier or lighter?

Sorry didn't mean to highjack. Just figured since we were talking about rims and tires lol. I've been looking at some of the same tires. Had bighorns the last 4 sets.. Kind of ready to try something else..
Back to top Go down
jhoncho4x4
SSXSRider Member
jhoncho4x4

Number of posts : 302
Registration date : 2012-08-04

PostSubject: Re: Need real world opinions on some tires and wheels   Need real world opinions on some tires and wheels - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 01, 2013 11:31 pm

Don't worry about a hijack. The more info input, the better!!
Back to top Go down
KY. Colonel
SSXSRider Member

Number of posts : 2144
Registration date : 2010-02-02

PostSubject: Re: Need real world opinions on some tires and wheels   Need real world opinions on some tires and wheels - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 01, 2013 11:33 pm

jhoncho4x4 wrote:
4+3=2" wider, o great!! I have enough hassles already being 64". This keeps up I will be as wide as KY. Colonel!!!!

Yeah I'm wide, It develops technical skill. At least that's what I've been told. Still working on getting the speed up tho! drive
Back to top Go down
jhoncho4x4
SSXSRider Member
jhoncho4x4

PostSubject: Re: Need real world opinions on some tires and wheels   Need real world opinions on some tires and wheels - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 01, 2013 11:37 pm

KY. Colonel wrote:
jhoncho4x4 wrote:
4+3=2" wider, o great!! I have enough hassles already being 64". This keeps up I will be as wide as KY. Colonel!!!!

Yeah I'm wide, It develops technical skill. At least that's what I've been told. Still working on getting the speed up tho! drive

It must develop skill. I could not figure out how in the world you followed me through those trees in that overgrown trail until I asked you. I learned something that day!!
Back to top Go down
ridepate
SSXSRider Staff
ridepate

Number of posts : 6409
Registration date : 2009-04-23

PostSubject: Re: Need real world opinions on some tires and wheels   Need real world opinions on some tires and wheels - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 01, 2013 11:42 pm

You can't loose the Colonel !!!!! allright
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

Number of posts : 16074
Registration date : 2008-02-26

PostSubject: Re: Need real world opinions on some tires and wheels   Need real world opinions on some tires and wheels - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 01, 2013 11:51 pm

ridepate wrote:

I promise you that I would not let that happen. I WILL know where the Colonel is at all times! thatsright
Back to top Go down
jhoncho4x4
SSXSRider Member
jhoncho4x4

PostSubject: Re: Need real world opinions on some tires and wheels   Need real world opinions on some tires and wheels - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 02, 2013 12:14 am

Big-R wrote:
ridepate wrote:

I promise you that I would not let that happen. I WILL know where the Colonel is at all times! thatsright

Don't worry Big-R, the Colonel and Mason was following me!!! Nothing bad can happen when you are following jhoncho!!!
Oops!!!
Need real world opinions on some tires and wheels - Page 2 20130330_180554_zps23fe2e54
Back to top Go down
ridepate
SSXSRider Staff
ridepate

PostSubject: Re: Need real world opinions on some tires and wheels   Need real world opinions on some tires and wheels - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 02, 2013 10:28 pm

Dan wrote:
ridepate wrote:
The HTRs run true to-size too. If not an 1/8th or so bigger.
I bought a set of HTRs and sent them back because they ran small. That was my first and last set of Kendas.

Sorry for your dilemma there Dan... Here's a pic of my 27/11s, almost 3 years old @ 9#s....Add at least an 1/8th for wear.... Smiles Maybe you measured them before inflated???

Need real world opinions on some tires and wheels - Page 2 2j5huzm

Back to top Go down
jhoncho4x4
SSXSRider Member
jhoncho4x4

PostSubject: Re: Need real world opinions on some tires and wheels   Need real world opinions on some tires and wheels - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 02, 2013 10:42 pm

Here is another option I found to maintain stock backspacing. Take your stock rim and add a OMF beadlock.

Need real world opinions on some tires and wheels - Page 2 OMF_12_Beadlock_RZR_4_zps1dc8c7d8
Need real world opinions on some tires and wheels - Page 2 Dean_Dance_3_sm_zps8d138bb8
Back to top Go down
ridepate
SSXSRider Staff
ridepate

PostSubject: Re: Need real world opinions on some tires and wheels   Need real world opinions on some tires and wheels - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 02, 2013 10:51 pm

jhoncho4x4 wrote:
Here is another option I found to maintain stock backspacing. Take your stock rim and add a OMF beadlock.

Need real world opinions on some tires and wheels - Page 2 OMF_12_Beadlock_RZR_4_zps1dc8c7d8
Need real world opinions on some tires and wheels - Page 2 Dean_Dance_3_sm_zps8d138bb8

That will work too!!! But what is it?? 200.00 per wheel?? Ouch...
Back to top Go down
8ball_99
SSXSRider Member
8ball_99

Number of posts : 1370
Registration date : 2010-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Need real world opinions on some tires and wheels   Need real world opinions on some tires and wheels - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 02, 2013 11:06 pm

Yeah I already looked into OMF myself. 200 per wheel plus shipping. At that price you might as well just buy some hypers.. Ebay has them for 460 a pair for 5-2 offset carbon fiber. Which is a good bad thing.. They are light and tough. But if you get a rock stuck in there could be ugly..
Back to top Go down
KY. Colonel
SSXSRider Member

Number of posts : 2144
Registration date : 2010-02-02

PostSubject: Re: Need real world opinions on some tires and wheels   Need real world opinions on some tires and wheels - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 03, 2013 12:47 am

8ball_99 wrote:
Ok maybe someone can help me with this. I've been kicking around tires and wheels also.. First question you guys running 7" rims on all four how can you mount a 11 or 12" wide tire on the rear but a 9" on the front" Wouldn't doing this make the rear tires taller then the front with the same tire pressure?

The other question, whats you guys thoughts on running a 11" wide tire on all fours on 7" rims.. I'm thinking very series about trying this.. Would keep the same amount of rubber on the ground as 9 front 12 rear. But would allow for rotating the tires. My thinking is also when your front end is up on a ledge or over a tree, ect it would help pull the rear more. The 4 seater can high center from time to time lol. Also this would do away with the wider tires on the same size rims as the front.. If that even matters. In my mind I can't see how the rear wouldn't be taller with the same PSI

BTW from my understanding of the way the awd works on a polaris the tires really need to the exact same diameter front and rear. Thats why I was worried about the rear being taller.. I also like the idea of rotating them for wear since the Rears wear much faster then the fronts.. I'm sure with an XP its even worse since they can spin the tires easily..

I am running Pitbull XOR Rockers 26.5x11Rx12's on all 4 corners it has some benefit's and some drawbacks. I'm very stable and have excellent traction,and they are super durable but I do have some rubbing in the front and I can't keep the mud out of the cockpit. I really like my Rockers they are a night and day difference from my stockers. Power steering is a must for the 11" tires on the front. It's nice that you have so many good options for tires these days. I got them from Matt at ATV Outfitters, great customer service and a forum sponsor.
Back to top Go down
jhoncho4x4
SSXSRider Member
jhoncho4x4

PostSubject: Re: Need real world opinions on some tires and wheels   Need real world opinions on some tires and wheels - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 03, 2013 2:54 am

Hmmm, I may be the guinea pig on these since they come with a 2 year warranty. Maybe they learned their lesson on the T7's since it gave them such a bad reputation. Also these rims was designed from the beginning to be a beadlocker, not a rim that they currently already made and just added a locking ring. Did anybody check these out at the show in Indy?
Need real world opinions on some tires and wheels - Page 2 Sdwheel14x7_zps529a85dc

Need real world opinions on some tires and wheels - Page 2 Sdwheel_zpsf5905f55

ITP Launches New "Severe Duty" Beadlock Wheels
FEBRUARY 21, 2013, ONTARIO, CALIFORNIA - Remaining true to a company mantra of innovation, traction, and performance, ITP announced the immediate release of the “SD” ALLOY WHEEL SERIES, which includes the industry's first lightweight aluminum alloy dual bead-lock wheel.

The newest 14” offering of ITP's family of lightweight aluminum alloy wheels incorporates bead lock design on both inner and outer wheel lips, providing “Total Tire Security”. No matter what happens to your tire, it will still be attached securely to both inner and outer beads.

ITP is so confident in the strength and durability of the new SD wheels that they are backed by an Industry first 2-year limited warranty against bending and breaking. This new wheel will be available through all authorized ITP dealers worldwide.

The 12” SD Alloy features a secure bead-lock on the outer lip, and ITP's “ROCK ARMOR” reinforced inner wheel lip.

Advanced manufacturing process for the series yields an incredibly light weight, yet ultra-strong wheel.

The SD Series wheels will soon be available in 14x7 DUAL BEAD LOCK and 12x7 SINGLE BEAD LOCK in bolt patterns to fit all of today's popular ATV and SxS's.

Competitively priced, these new wheels include an authentic center cap.

The SD wheels are a “must have” racing wheel for 2013 and beyond. Especially great for SxS applications where de-beading means the difference between getting there and getting back.

ITP Severe Duty WheelsIn over 30years ITP has become the world's #1 ATV/UTV aftermarket tire and wheel source, and continues to provide a complete line of innovative tires and wheels for virtually all ATVs and UTVs. For ITP's full-color catalog, call toll-free: 1.800.859.4740. For other inquiries or technical advice, contact ITP at 1990 S. Vintage Ave., Ontario, CA 91761; ph. 909.390.1905. Visit ITP's website at www.itptires.com.
Back to top Go down
STR8RZR
SSXSRider Staff
STR8RZR

Number of posts : 896
Registration date : 2012-06-13

PostSubject: Re: Need real world opinions on some tires and wheels   Need real world opinions on some tires and wheels - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 03, 2013 7:13 am

[quote="jhoncho4x4"]Hmmm, I may be the guinea pig on these since they come with a 2 year warranty. Maybe they learned their lesson on the T7's since it gave them such a bad reputation. Also these rims was designed from the beginning to be a beadlocker, not a rim that they currently already made and just added a locking ring. Did anybody check these out at the show in Indy?
Need real world opinions on some tires and wheels - Page 2 Sdwheel14x7_zps529a85dc

Need real world opinions on some tires and wheels - Page 2 Sdwheel_zpsf5905f55

ITP Launches New "Severe Duty" Beadlock Wheels
FEBRUARY 21, 2013, ONTARIO, CALIFORNIA - Remaining true to a company mantra of innovation, traction, and performance, ITP announced the immediate release of the “SD” ALLOY WHEEL SERIES, which includes the industry's first lightweight aluminum alloy dual bead-lock wheel.

The newest 14” offering of ITP's family of lightweight aluminum alloy wheels incorporates bead lock design on both inner and outer wheel lips, providing “Total Tire Security”. No matter what happens to your tire, it will still be attached securely to both inner and outer beads.

ITP is so confident in the strength and durability of the new SD wheels that they are backed by an Industry first 2-year limited warranty against bending and breaking. This new wheel will be available through all authorized ITP dealers worldwide.

The 12” SD Alloy features a secure bead-lock on the outer lip, and ITP's “ROCK ARMOR” reinforced inner wheel lip.

Advanced manufacturing process for the series yields an incredibly light weight, yet ultra-strong wheel.

The SD Series wheels will soon be available in 14x7 DUAL BEAD LOCK and 12x7 SINGLE BEAD LOCK in bolt patterns to fit all of today's popular ATV and SxS's.

Competitively priced, these new wheels include an authentic center cap.

The SD wheels are a “must have” racing wheel for 2013 and beyond. Especially great for SxS applications where de-beading means the difference between getting there and getting back.

ITP Severe Duty WheelsIn over 30years ITP has become the world's #1 ATV/UTV aftermarket tire and wheel source, and continues to provide a complete line of innovative tires and wheels for virtually all ATVs and UTVs. For ITP's full-color catalog, call toll-free: 1.800.859.4740. For other inquiries or technical advice, contact ITP at 1990 S. Vintage Ave., Ontario, CA 91761; ph. 909.390.1905. Visit ITP's website at

Have u seen any pricing on these? I was guessing they wouldn't be too cheap but it says they are supposed to be. If u find out any prices would u mind posting it.
Back to top Go down
Baditude
SSXSRider Member
Baditude

Number of posts : 1132
Registration date : 2010-06-17

PostSubject: Re: Need real world opinions on some tires and wheels   Need real world opinions on some tires and wheels - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 03, 2013 3:39 pm

I have Hypers and paid $170 /wheel. They will build them any offset you want. I wanted lighter wheels / tires, so I went with 27" Bighorns and Hypers. Not sure what my next tire will be though.
Back to top Go down
brownboy
SSXSRider Member
brownboy

Number of posts : 620
Registration date : 2011-06-26

PostSubject: Re: Need real world opinions on some tires and wheels   Need real world opinions on some tires and wheels - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 03, 2013 4:42 pm

thats gonna be my nextn rim ... i broke my bead lock last weekend lol
Need real world opinions on some tires and wheels - Page 2 Img_0716
Back to top Go down
jhoncho4x4
SSXSRider Member
jhoncho4x4

PostSubject: Re: Need real world opinions on some tires and wheels   Need real world opinions on some tires and wheels - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 03, 2013 4:46 pm

[quote="STR8RZR"]
jhoncho4x4 wrote:
Have u seen any pricing on these? I was guessing they wouldn't be too cheap but it says they are supposed to be. If u find out any prices would u mind posting it.

Had to call ITP to get additional info on them. Guy on the phone said the rims will be available at the end of the month. I asked him about the specs of the 12" rims. They are 7" wide and 4+3 backspacing. I asked about pricing and he said they are priced about the same as the T7's. I had him give me the part # for a 12" wheel with RZR bolt pattern. The part # is 1228528536B . A quick Google search brings up these results.
http://www.oemcycle.com/Item/product/900331599

http://www.powersportjunkie.com/product-p/pu-0230-0573.htm

Is $99 a good price for beadlocks?
Back to top Go down
STR8RZR
SSXSRider Staff
STR8RZR

PostSubject: Re: Need real world opinions on some tires and wheels   Need real world opinions on some tires and wheels - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 03, 2013 4:55 pm

Yea $99 is pretty cheap. Especially for a double beadlock. About the only one cheaper is the STI's and Diablo's. if I'm not mistaken that's a diablo that Brownboy broke.
Back to top Go down
roadiestar

roadiestar

Number of posts : 842
Registration date : 2008-01-25

PostSubject: Re: Need real world opinions on some tires and wheels   Need real world opinions on some tires and wheels - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 03, 2013 5:54 pm

IMO Bighorns SUCK DONKEY DICK
Back to top Go down
jhoncho4x4
SSXSRider Member
jhoncho4x4

PostSubject: Re: Need real world opinions on some tires and wheels   Need real world opinions on some tires and wheels - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 03, 2013 5:58 pm

brownboy wrote:
How did you manage to do that?!!
Back to top Go down
ridepate
SSXSRider Staff
ridepate

PostSubject: Re: Need real world opinions on some tires and wheels   Need real world opinions on some tires and wheels - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 03, 2013 6:30 pm

STR8RZR wrote:
Yea $99 is pretty cheap. Especially for a double beadlock. About the only one cheaper is the STI's and Diablo's. if I'm not mistaken that's a diablo that Brownboy broke.

The 12's are single-lock. "The 12” SD Alloy features a secure bead-lock on the outer lip"
Back to top Go down
ridepate
SSXSRider Staff
ridepate

PostSubject: Re: Need real world opinions on some tires and wheels   Need real world opinions on some tires and wheels - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 03, 2013 6:33 pm

brownboy wrote:

Dammit boy!!! You did not just break it, you destroyed it..... thatsright
Back to top Go down
STR8RZR
SSXSRider Staff
STR8RZR

PostSubject: Re: Need real world opinions on some tires and wheels   Need real world opinions on some tires and wheels - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 03, 2013 8:31 pm

ridepate wrote:
STR8RZR wrote:

The 12's are single-lock. "The 12” SD Alloy features a secure bead-lock on the outer lip"

Just went back and read that. That sucks.
Back to top Go down
brownboy
SSXSRider Member
brownboy

PostSubject: Re: Need real world opinions on some tires and wheels   Need real world opinions on some tires and wheels - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 03, 2013 9:41 pm

STR8RZR wrote:
ridepate wrote:
STR8RZR wrote:

Just went back and read that. That sucks.

Yap the one I have is diablo ... It went to hell lol
Back to top Go down
brownboy
SSXSRider Member
brownboy

PostSubject: Re: Need real world opinions on some tires and wheels   Need real world opinions on some tires and wheels - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 03, 2013 9:42 pm

ridepate wrote:
brownboy wrote:

Dammit boy!!! You did not just break it, you destroyed it..... thatsright

I destroy it without knowing it too much whiskey I think lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Need real world opinions on some tires and wheels   Need real world opinions on some tires and wheels - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Need real world opinions on some tires and wheels
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next