SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New to Forum - OHV4TN/TOHVA

Go down 
+5
ChrisC
shawnley1222
AIRBORNE
Clayboy
ivarussell
9 posters
AuthorMessage
ivarussell

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2008-07-11

New to Forum - OHV4TN/TOHVA Empty
PostSubject: New to Forum - OHV4TN/TOHVA   New to Forum - OHV4TN/TOHVA EmptyFri Jul 11, 2008 12:20 pm

Hello All,

Great to find you via our 4x4 Damn Locals forum! Organization is the key to keeping the OHV lifestyle in play. It seems the anti-access groups have done alot of lobbying to get trails closed all across the nation, but especially in Tennessee and the South.

Would like to invite anyone who wants to be apart of the movement to counterbalance the anti-access groups actions and to start building a statewide system of OHV Trails in Tennessee to sign the guestbook at www.ohv4tn.org and get on the OHV update list. It will take all of us working together to get the job done.

Otherwise, let me know if y'all have any events or news that you would like put out "on the wire". Along with political action alerts, our updates share trail and ride information for those who enjoy group fun!

Once again, great to hear what y'all are doing!!

Michelle

Iva Michelle Russell
Exec. Director, OHV4TN/TOHVA
931-924-7877
iva@ivamichellerussell.com
www.ohv4tn.org
"There are risks and costs to a program of action, but they are far less than the long-range risks and costs of comfortable inaction."
JFK
Back to top Go down
Clayboy
SSXSRider Member
Clayboy

Number of posts : 1861
Registration date : 2008-01-22

PostSubject: Re: New to Forum - OHV4TN/TOHVA   New to Forum - OHV4TN/TOHVA EmptyFri Jul 11, 2008 1:03 pm

welcome

Keep up the good work!
Back to top Go down
AIRBORNE
SSXSRider Member
AIRBORNE

Number of posts : 6266
Registration date : 2008-05-01

PostSubject: Re: New to Forum - OHV4TN/TOHVA   New to Forum - OHV4TN/TOHVA EmptyFri Jul 11, 2008 1:40 pm

Welcome! Yes, it will take all of us working together to help keep lands open. Groups in Harlan County, KY are doing an outstanding job of that as well. Thanks for sharing your link with us. Keep up the good work!! AIRBORNE!!
Back to top Go down
https://s300.photobucket.com/albums/nn28/AirborneWV/
shawnley1222
SSXSRider Member
shawnley1222

Number of posts : 2745

PostSubject: Re: New to Forum - OHV4TN/TOHVA   New to Forum - OHV4TN/TOHVA EmptyFri Jul 11, 2008 4:41 pm

now we just gotta keep fl trails open + open new ones they aint sxs friendly
Back to top Go down
ChrisC
SSXSRider Member
ChrisC

Number of posts : 5483
Registration date : 2008-06-30

PostSubject: Re: New to Forum - OHV4TN/TOHVA   New to Forum - OHV4TN/TOHVA EmptyFri Jul 11, 2008 5:36 pm

welcome

Chris... :)
Back to top Go down
wvyankee2
SSXSRider Member
wvyankee2

Number of posts : 10318

PostSubject: Re: New to Forum - OHV4TN/TOHVA   New to Forum - OHV4TN/TOHVA EmptyFri Jul 11, 2008 10:08 pm

welcome And thanks for the info Michelle.
Back to top Go down
nocerisdave
SSXSRider Member
nocerisdave

Number of posts : 5674

PostSubject: Re: New to Forum - OHV4TN/TOHVA   New to Forum - OHV4TN/TOHVA EmptyFri Jul 11, 2008 11:58 pm

Thanks for your work!
Back to top Go down
Foxfire
SSXSRider Member
Foxfire

Number of posts : 6060
Registration date : 2008-04-01

PostSubject: Re: New to Forum - OHV4TN/TOHVA   New to Forum - OHV4TN/TOHVA EmptySat Jul 12, 2008 10:36 am

welcome & keep up the good work!!
Back to top Go down
GunRunner
SSXSRider Member
GunRunner

Number of posts : 5296

PostSubject: Re: New to Forum - OHV4TN/TOHVA   New to Forum - OHV4TN/TOHVA EmptySat Jul 12, 2008 9:48 pm

cheers welcome
Back to top Go down
http://southernrzrriders.com
ivarussell

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2008-07-11

PostSubject: Re: New to Forum - OHV4TN/TOHVA   New to Forum - OHV4TN/TOHVA EmptySun Jul 13, 2008 11:06 am

Y'all are an awesome bunch, thank you!!

You know I got involved in this fight in Fall of 2006 because of one person who felt so passionately about the subject of trail closures and one group because they had an awesome legislative liason who knew his stuff. I was a hiker for goodness sakes but there is nothing worse in my book then government ignoring the needs of a large population segment. I became a lobbyist for SFWDA in January 2007 and the more I found out the more it just plain made me mad.

But through my journey, the OHV population segment has got to be one of the coolest, trustworthy, patriotic and most solid citizen base I have ever met. I am proud to serve you all!

Thanks again for your warm welcome!
M
Back to top Go down
wvyankee2
SSXSRider Member
wvyankee2

Number of posts : 10318

PostSubject: Re: New to Forum - OHV4TN/TOHVA   New to Forum - OHV4TN/TOHVA EmptySun Jul 13, 2008 1:54 pm

I have been following the campaign by various groups to limit or shut down completely the OHV enthusiasts access to public areas for some time now. While the movement mostly started out west in places like Moab Utah which has been a battle ground for some time, it is now moving eastward with the most noteworthy and recent attack on Tellico OHVA. I am greatful to see the organization of people to combat this attack on the recreation that we enjoy. This threat is very real and I encourage all to spend some time to become familiar with the issues. The future will take an organized effort such as the one you know well about with the NRA and gun rights to keep the places you love to ride open for you and your future families enjoyment. :draw: Rhino

One of the main things we can all do to help this cause is to remember to "Tread Lightly" and if you pack it in, make sure you pack it out. One of the major issues that the people who are trying to stop our access use is to point out anytime someone trashes up the enviroment while off roading. Make sure you do your part not to help them out. Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New to Forum - OHV4TN/TOHVA   New to Forum - OHV4TN/TOHVA Empty

Back to top Go down

New to Forum - OHV4TN/TOHVA
Page 1 of 1