SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Another interesting insight into Yamaha's long-term strategy

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
2Slow4U
SSXSRider Member
2Slow4U

Number of posts : 1657
Registration date : 2009-05-18

Another interesting insight into Yamaha's long-term strategy Empty
PostSubject: Another interesting insight into Yamaha's long-term strategy   Another interesting insight into Yamaha's long-term strategy EmptyWed Jun 12, 2013 2:44 pm

Is their transfer of ALL ATV/UTV builds for world-wide markets to Newnan, in addition to adding a new plant for the Viking production. 

http://online.wsj.com/article/PR-CO-20130612-905281.html?mod=googlenews_wsj

All this, while Polaris transfers manufacturing to Mexico...

If they can keep them price-competitive against that cheaper Mexican labor, you can bet that "Buy American Made" will come into play...
Back to top Go down
http://www.simpletractors.com
ridepate
SSXSRider Staff
ridepate

Number of posts : 6409
Registration date : 2009-04-23

PostSubject: Re: Another interesting insight into Yamaha's long-term strategy   Another interesting insight into Yamaha's long-term strategy EmptyWed Jun 12, 2013 3:33 pm

I agree Kent. The QA in the Mexican-plants may leave a little to be desired. But on another note. I'm not sure all Polaris production has been moved to Mexico. Maybe it will in the future. My Ranger was/is being built in the USA still. Of course that don't matter really in some cases unfortunately.
Back to top Go down
Baxter

Baxter

Number of posts : 75
Registration date : 2009-08-30

PostSubject: Re: Another interesting insight into Yamaha's long-term strategy   Another interesting insight into Yamaha's long-term strategy EmptyMon Nov 18, 2013 12:51 am

That's awesome.I still think the pioneers of the sxs will make a come back.i've held off from a Can Am because I'm waiting on Yamaha.That's why I finally got tired of the rhino and cut it up.i'll build something to hold me over till they do.The Viking is not my cup of tea. put the Apex engine platform in a sxs and I'll be on board. Lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Another interesting insight into Yamaha's long-term strategy   Another interesting insight into Yamaha's long-term strategy Empty

Back to top Go down

Another interesting insight into Yamaha's long-term strategy
Page 1 of 1