SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Virgina,Spearhead Trail system--Mountain View Trail head

Go down 
+8
orangegizmo
CatMostFeared
navestoy
Baditude
stoneman
Big Jake 1637
RZRS-EDGE
bush
12 posters
AuthorMessage
bush
SSXSRider Staff
bush

Number of posts : 6141
Registration date : 2008-06-06

Virgina,Spearhead Trail system--Mountain View Trail head Empty
PostSubject: Virgina,Spearhead Trail system--Mountain View Trail head   Virgina,Spearhead Trail system--Mountain View Trail head EmptyFri Jun 28, 2013 1:59 am

The Mountain View “Off Highway Vehicle” (OHV) system is a multi-use trail system primarily designed for ATVs and Side by Sides. The 60 miles of picturesque trails begin in the “ATV Friendly” town of St. Paul where riders have access to a vast selection of lodging, shopping, and dining offerings. The trail system offers a satisfying mix of green and blue trails for riders wishing a more easy going experience beneath a cool canopy of trees and foliage. Mountain View also offers experienced riders a heart-pounding, seat-shaking assortment of twisting, turning black trails for hard core ATVers.

spearhead trails website

http://www.spearheadtrails.com/

Facebook

https://www.facebook.com/spearheadtrails

where to get your permits

https://www.spearheadtrails.com/get-a-permit/

where to stay

CAMPING
Maggie Way Campground - The campground features level pad sites with full hook-ups for campers and motor homes. The picturesque Mountain View trailhead is located adjacent to the Maggie Way Campground entrance just off of Third Avenue. (276) 762-5497

Virgina,Spearhead Trail system--Mountain View Trail head Maggie10

LODGING

http://www.virginiamountainviewlodge.com/

http://stayinsaintpaul.com/

****UPDATE****   THE INN HAS CLOSED Attention  Attention  Attention 
Inn at Castlewood - 34 room motel located on highway 58 in Castlewood (Russell County). Approximately 3 miles from Mountain View ATV Trail.
Highway 58 Banner Ct, Castlewood, VA 24224
Phone: (276) 762-5511

Virgina,Spearhead Trail system--Mountain View Trail head Inn_at10

trail map

Virgina,Spearhead Trail system--Mountain View Trail head Spear10
trails coming soon to spearhead trails.

http://www.spearheadtrails.com/trails/trails-coming-soon.aspx

Last edited by bush on Thu Jul 02, 2015 10:27 pm; edited 6 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/bushrhino
bush
SSXSRider Staff
bush

PostSubject: Re: Virgina,Spearhead Trail system--Mountain View Trail head   Virgina,Spearhead Trail system--Mountain View Trail head EmptyFri Jun 28, 2013 2:21 am

im going to work on a trail to get to st paul from my house.  i have done it on ATVs a few years ago but it riding right next to the railroad tracks. going to see how hard it will be to get there and if it will be safe to take a group. only about 3 miles from my house to trail head.
my cousin has a few rv sites he rents out and i have some good riding on the farm.

if anyone wants to ride here let me know and i will do my best to show you around. and if im working i will patrol by and hang out as long as its not busy.
Back to top Go down
RZRS-EDGE
SUPER P
RZRS-EDGE

Number of posts : 1163
Registration date : 2009-06-04

PostSubject: Re: Virgina,Spearhead Trail system--Mountain View Trail head   Virgina,Spearhead Trail system--Mountain View Trail head EmptyFri Jun 28, 2013 10:54 am

allright.......I would lke to check it out sometime
Back to top Go down
bush
SSXSRider Staff
bush

PostSubject: Re: Virgina,Spearhead Trail system--Mountain View Trail head   Virgina,Spearhead Trail system--Mountain View Trail head EmptyFri Jun 28, 2013 3:15 pm

when you want to go
Back to top Go down
Big Jake 1637
SSXSRider Member
Big Jake 1637

Number of posts : 70
Registration date : 2010-08-01

PostSubject: Re: Virgina,Spearhead Trail system--Mountain View Trail head   Virgina,Spearhead Trail system--Mountain View Trail head EmptyFri Jun 28, 2013 11:33 pm

I'll be available to show people around too in a couple weeks. I'm working 7 days a week up there now still rehabbing trails and installing signage. I've built some new trails and with the weather (thunderstorms every day) keeping some of the trails a little, ok alot muddy, we've got a variety of things to offer.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/chris.sturgill1?ref=tn_tnmn
stoneman
SSXSRider Member
stoneman

Number of posts : 138
Registration date : 2012-05-07

PostSubject: Re: Virgina,Spearhead Trail system--Mountain View Trail head   Virgina,Spearhead Trail system--Mountain View Trail head EmptySun Jul 14, 2013 7:09 pm

Would like to thank the folks at Spearhead trails, got to meet Chris, Andrea and the trail rangers this weekend. Everyone was very friendly and helpful. They have done a lot of work there and it is ongoing. We rode fri/sat, rode into town to eat and the local stores and restaurants are eager to have us come there. we thought the trails were great, with all the rain some of the trails were a sloppy goodtime , everyone needs to check it out cant wait to go back! we appreciate ya!!!
Back to top Go down
bush
SSXSRider Staff
bush

PostSubject: Re: Virgina,Spearhead Trail system--Mountain View Trail head   Virgina,Spearhead Trail system--Mountain View Trail head EmptyMon Jul 15, 2013 1:33 am

did you stay at the castlewood inn?

thought that was your rzr in the parking lot.
Back to top Go down
stoneman
SSXSRider Member
stoneman

Number of posts : 138
Registration date : 2012-05-07

PostSubject: Re: Virgina,Spearhead Trail system--Mountain View Trail head   Virgina,Spearhead Trail system--Mountain View Trail head EmptyMon Jul 15, 2013 7:11 am

Yes that was my orange s, we got your card and I told my buddy who you were. Thanks for the patrolling of the parking lot, we parked like that so the gates would not open, plus no one was there except us. we had a great time look forward to seeing you up there! appreciate ya!!
Back to top Go down
Baditude
SSXSRider Member
Baditude

Number of posts : 1132
Registration date : 2010-06-17

PostSubject: Re: Virgina,Spearhead Trail system--Mountain View Trail head   Virgina,Spearhead Trail system--Mountain View Trail head EmptySat Sep 14, 2013 11:03 pm

Been looking at this trail system, wanting to ride there. 3 Miles from the trail head, I am seriously jealous.
Back to top Go down
navestoy

navestoy

Number of posts : 78
Registration date : 2012-02-02

PostSubject: Re: Virgina,Spearhead Trail system--Mountain View Trail head   Virgina,Spearhead Trail system--Mountain View Trail head EmptyWed Sep 18, 2013 1:33 pm

How long is the annual permit good for? Also can you night ride there?
Back to top Go down
bush
SSXSRider Staff
bush

PostSubject: Re: Virgina,Spearhead Trail system--Mountain View Trail head   Virgina,Spearhead Trail system--Mountain View Trail head EmptyWed Sep 18, 2013 2:05 pm

navestoy wrote:
How long is the annual permit good for? Also can you night ride there?
http://www.spearheadtrails.com/permits.aspx

year to year. and no night riding
Back to top Go down
CatMostFeared
SSXSRider Member
CatMostFeared

Number of posts : 1827
Registration date : 2010-08-25

PostSubject: Re: Virgina,Spearhead Trail system--Mountain View Trail head   Virgina,Spearhead Trail system--Mountain View Trail head EmptyTue Oct 08, 2013 5:35 am

Night Ride
Breaking the law
Breaking the law
Back to top Go down
http://www.catmostfeared.com
orangegizmo

orangegizmo

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2013-09-04

PostSubject: Re: Virgina,Spearhead Trail system--Mountain View Trail head   Virgina,Spearhead Trail system--Mountain View Trail head EmptySun May 11, 2014 11:48 pm

I would like to thank everyone involved in this trail system had a great time with family today, and the trails are in great shape. We met a lot of friendly people in town and we can't wait to go back.
Back to top Go down
wvyankee2
SSXSRider Member
wvyankee2

Number of posts : 10318
Registration date : 2008-01-22

PostSubject: Re: Virgina,Spearhead Trail system--Mountain View Trail head   Virgina,Spearhead Trail system--Mountain View Trail head EmptyMon May 12, 2014 4:38 pm

orangegizmo wrote:
I would like to thank everyone involved in this trail system had a great time with family today, and the trails are in great shape. We met a lot of friendly people in town and we can't wait to go back.

Great to know.......Thanks.  allright Thanks 
Back to top Go down
bush
SSXSRider Staff
bush

PostSubject: Re: Virgina,Spearhead Trail system--Mountain View Trail head   Virgina,Spearhead Trail system--Mountain View Trail head EmptyTue May 20, 2014 2:55 am

Big Jake 1637 (chris)

is this timeline still uptodate?

not heard much talk about the other trails in a while.

Spearhead Trail Systems...Coming Soon

MOUNTAIN VIEW - St. Paul, VA - NOW OPEN!
With over 70 miles of trail along picturesque ridge lines and trough dense, lush woods, Mountain View is a "Family-Friendly" trail with challenges for all skill levels. It's located in the ATV-Friendly town of St. Paul, VA.

Pocahontas – Pocahontas, VA (Tazewell County)
Planned opening Fall 2014.
The Pocahontas OHV Trail will be located north of the historic Town of Pocahontas in Tazewell County, Virginia, accessible from both the Town and Boissevain Park.

Phase I will begin in the Town of Pocahontas Historic District and meander along the ridges and valleys of Reedsville Hollow. Phase II will be accessible from a Boissevain Park trailhead. That access point parallels Haynes Branch and the scenic ridges above. Phase III anticipates adding an additional 50 miles to the west of Phase II.

The Town of Pocahontas has passed OHV-friendly legislation. As such, the areas of the Town are available to OHV riders. Boissevain Park is owned and operated by the Tazewell County Recreation and Park Authority, with suitable area for parking and other amenities.

Buchanan-Dickenson Trail System – (Buchanan & Dickenson Counties)
The Haysi-Breaks-Poplar Gap OHV trail will be located across Dickenson and Buchanan Counties at their northern border with Kentucky. Access to Haysi will be provided via State Route 63; to Breaks Interstate Park via State Route 80: and to Poplar Gap via State Route 614.

The proposed system will satisfy all OHV skill levels with approximately 100 miles of fun and exciting trails. From the Splashdam Trailhead in Haysi, the trail will parallel the proposed alignment of the Coalfield Expressway to the northeast. A “community connector” is planned to Breaks Interstate Park.

Leeman Field System – Pennington Gap, VA (Lee County)
Planned opening Summer 2014.
Once completed, the trail system will be comprised of approximately 80 miles along the ridges and hollows of Stone and Black Mountains, parallel to the Virginia/Kentucky state line.

The trail system will utilize Leeman Field, owned by the Town of Pennington Gap, as the trailhead. Leeman Field offers ball fields; restrooms and concession stands; walking track; horse ring and stables; pool; picnic shelters; stage; and, other recreation amenities.

Scott County Equestrian Trail – (Scott County, VA)
The Scott County Horse Association Long Distance Historic Trail will begin at the Scott County Horse Park two miles west of the Town of Dungannon on State Route 65.

The proposed project will provide access to the Chief Benges Scout Trail through the US Forest Service Clinch Ranger District. The goal is to access over 80 miles of trails within the District (Scott and Wise Counties) for long distance riders.

The existing Scott County Horse Association Horse Park will serve as the trailhead. The Horse Association Park is a well established equestrian destination, with two (2) horse rings; restrooms with potable water, sewer and power; ten (10) camping spaces; and telephone.

The Scott County Horse Association “Gentle Ride Trail” will also begin at the Scott County Horse Park.

The proposed project will include approximately 8 miles of Equestrian trail located on rolling farmland, with approximately 1.6 miles parallel to the Clinch River. The Gentle Ride Trail is planned for who want a short pleasure ride
Back to top Go down
bush
SSXSRider Staff
bush

PostSubject: Re: Virgina,Spearhead Trail system--Mountain View Trail head   Virgina,Spearhead Trail system--Mountain View Trail head EmptyTue May 20, 2014 3:02 am

the inn in Castlewood has closed.
Back to top Go down
J-Sap

J-Sap

Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2012-03-06

PostSubject: Re: Virgina,Spearhead Trail system--Mountain View Trail head   Virgina,Spearhead Trail system--Mountain View Trail head EmptySat Jul 26, 2014 10:21 am

I have a group of 7-9 guys coming to ride Mountain View on Sept 29 & 30. We'll be staying at St. Paul Cottages and Suites. This will be our first time riding Spearhead. Any suggestions and/or pointers would be appreciated. Oh yea...and feel free to join us.
Back to top Go down
bush
SSXSRider Staff
bush

PostSubject: Re: Virgina,Spearhead Trail system--Mountain View Trail head   Virgina,Spearhead Trail system--Mountain View Trail head EmptySat Jul 26, 2014 11:58 pm

29th looks to be a monday.  i would guide you around if i was off work.
Back to top Go down
bush
SSXSRider Staff
bush

PostSubject: Re: Virgina,Spearhead Trail system--Mountain View Trail head   Virgina,Spearhead Trail system--Mountain View Trail head EmptySat Sep 27, 2014 2:26 pm

INTRODUCING the NEW Spearhead Trails TRUE ONE YEAR from date of purchase ANNUAL RIDER PERMIT! Buy it this weekend, it’s good for one year, buy it next week, it’s still good for one year.

But wait . . . there’s more.

Not only is it good for ONE FULL YEAR after purchase, the new permits expire at the end of the month in which you buy them. So . . . if you buy them on October first, your permit is good until Halloween of the following year. No tricks, just 30 extra days of treats.

And . . . as a bonus . . .

They are still 50 bucks just like always.
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

Number of posts : 16074
Registration date : 2008-02-26

PostSubject: Re: Virgina,Spearhead Trail system--Mountain View Trail head   Virgina,Spearhead Trail system--Mountain View Trail head EmptySat Sep 27, 2014 11:29 pm

bush wrote:
INTRODUCING the NEW Spearhead Trails TRUE ONE YEAR from date of purchase ANNUAL RIDER PERMIT! Buy it this weekend, it’s good for one year, buy it next week, it’s still good for one year.

Not only is it good for ONE FULL YEAR after purchase, the new permits expire at the end of the month in which you buy them. So . . . if you buy them on October first, your permit is good until Halloween of the following year. No tricks, just 30 extra days of treats.

Man that's a good deal. Looks like me and the Hauler will be coming that way.
Back to top Go down
bush
SSXSRider Staff
bush

PostSubject: Re: Virgina,Spearhead Trail system--Mountain View Trail head   Virgina,Spearhead Trail system--Mountain View Trail head EmptySat Sep 27, 2014 11:35 pm

Big-R wrote:
bush wrote:

Man that's a good deal.  Looks like me and the Hauler will be coming that way.  

Virgina,Spearhead Trail system--Mountain View Trail head 1197019723
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

Number of posts : 16074
Registration date : 2008-02-26

PostSubject: Re: Virgina,Spearhead Trail system--Mountain View Trail head   Virgina,Spearhead Trail system--Mountain View Trail head EmptySat Sep 27, 2014 11:37 pm

bush wrote:
Big-R wrote:
bush wrote:

Man that's a good deal.  Looks like me and the Hauler will be coming that way.  

Virgina,Spearhead Trail system--Mountain View Trail head 1197019723

thatsright
Back to top Go down
ilikedirt
SSXSRider Member
ilikedirt

Number of posts : 204
Registration date : 2014-07-09

PostSubject: Re: Virgina,Spearhead Trail system--Mountain View Trail head   Virgina,Spearhead Trail system--Mountain View Trail head EmptySun Sep 28, 2014 7:41 am

allright RZR
Back to top Go down
bush
SSXSRider Staff
bush

PostSubject: Re: Virgina,Spearhead Trail system--Mountain View Trail head   Virgina,Spearhead Trail system--Mountain View Trail head EmptyThu Jul 02, 2015 10:28 pm

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Virgina,Spearhead Trail system--Mountain View Trail head   Virgina,Spearhead Trail system--Mountain View Trail head Empty

Back to top Go down

Virgina,Spearhead Trail system--Mountain View Trail head
Page 1 of 1