SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

? for those with Arched A Arms

Go down 
+6
CatMostFeared
joshc
PWM
jhoncho4x4
d6nlpg
Baditude
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Baditude
SSXSRider Member
Baditude

Number of posts : 1132
Registration date : 2010-06-17

? for those with Arched A Arms  Empty
PostSubject: ? for those with Arched A Arms    ? for those with Arched A Arms  EmptyTue Jul 02, 2013 2:08 pm

So looks like I will be replacing A Arm bushings soon, bearings (Super Dave's). Last ride at Pickett I hit a rock so hard I ripped my aluminum A Arm guard off and dented / tweaked the driver side lower a little.

Based upon the riding we do, arched A-Arms sound like a good solution. I know several have went with the 2" forward because they have 30" tires, I do not and probably will not on this machine with the 12" Hipers / 27" Bighorns.

I have heard the forward A-arms help with steering vs the normal arched but are also $200 more. So my question is this: Does it really affect steering?

keep in mind $200 is nothing compared to the overall $$ I have in it, just seeing if forward are worth it
Back to top Go down
d6nlpg
SSXSRider Member
d6nlpg

Number of posts : 189
Registration date : 2012-08-12

PostSubject: Re: ? for those with Arched A Arms    ? for those with Arched A Arms  EmptyTue Jul 02, 2013 2:38 pm

So I now think u hit that rock on purpose so u would have an excuse to get new a arms???/ next time u want to tear something up how bout letting me drive??roflmao 
Back to top Go down
jhoncho4x4
SSXSRider Member
jhoncho4x4

Number of posts : 302
Registration date : 2012-08-04

PostSubject: Re: ? for those with Arched A Arms    ? for those with Arched A Arms  EmptyTue Jul 02, 2013 11:21 pm

Been contemplating arched / forward A arms myself also.

Anybody know if these are any good?
http://www.superatv.com/Polaris-RZR-XP-High-Clearance-Forward-A-Arms-P8105C737.aspx

Anybody managed to get guards on their arched/forward A arms?
Back to top Go down
Baditude
SSXSRider Member
Baditude

PostSubject: Re: ? for those with Arched A Arms    ? for those with Arched A Arms  EmptyWed Jul 03, 2013 5:53 am

These are the ones I have heard of:
http://www.backwoodsarmor.com/products-/polaris-rzr-xp-900/arched-forward-a-arms/

You can order Superdave bushings and allballs balljoint upgrades. $818 total shipped

But those Super ATV are 1/2 the price (A-Arms only) and I was reading on the RZRforums that balljoints in the SuperATV are crap
Back to top Go down
PWM
SSXSRider Member
PWM

Number of posts : 1082
Registration date : 2008-10-24

PostSubject: Re: ? for those with Arched A Arms    ? for those with Arched A Arms  EmptyWed Jul 03, 2013 9:06 pm

Backwoods is the way to go. That will be my first mod when I sell my Ranger and start building a new one. By far the best thing I did to the Ranger.
Back to top Go down
http://cumberland-mudders.forumotion.com/index.htm
joshc
SSXSRider Member
joshc

Number of posts : 98
Registration date : 2008-01-27

PostSubject: Re: ? for those with Arched A Arms    ? for those with Arched A Arms  EmptySun Jul 07, 2013 8:53 am

Mine are bent as well, but I had no idea you could by arched ones, good idea. Every little bit of clearance helps.

My steering didn't seem to change any, but then again they've been bent for so long that I don't recall the before steering. In my mind, a factory a arm bent will affect the ball joints because you've been the metal there for it's pulling in on the bottom u joint. Where as an aftermarket set will likely have more metal to compensate for that bend. Make sense?
Back to top Go down
CatMostFeared
SSXSRider Member
CatMostFeared

Number of posts : 1827
Registration date : 2010-08-25

PostSubject: Re: ? for those with Arched A Arms    ? for those with Arched A Arms  EmptySun Jul 07, 2013 10:23 pm

Steering got better for me but my rims will rub the arms alittle
Back to top Go down
http://www.catmostfeared.com
jhoncho4x4
SSXSRider Member
jhoncho4x4

PostSubject: Re: ? for those with Arched A Arms    ? for those with Arched A Arms  EmptyMon Jul 08, 2013 12:34 am

CatMostFeared wrote:
Steering got better for me but my rims will rub the arms alittle
That must be why the SATV arms come with steering stops.
Back to top Go down
Baditude
SSXSRider Member
Baditude

PostSubject: Re: ? for those with Arched A Arms    ? for those with Arched A Arms  EmptyMon Jul 08, 2013 9:41 am

d6nlpg wrote:
So I now think u hit that rock on purpose so u would have an excuse to get new a arms???/ next time u want to tear something up how bout letting me drive??roflmao 

I can barely afford fixing what I break roflmao

Back to top Go down
8ball_99
SSXSRider Member
8ball_99

Number of posts : 1370
Registration date : 2010-05-04

PostSubject: Re: ? for those with Arched A Arms    ? for those with Arched A Arms  EmptyMon Jul 08, 2013 11:49 am

I ordered a set of the forward arched arms myself. They are suppose to increase your steering a little. I honestly was worried about it making my turning radius worse not better since your adding wheel base. The few guys I've talked to that has them said it didn't hurt your turning radius at all. Not sure if it really makes it better or not. Even if the wheels can turn more that might just off set the extra length. At any rate I wanted arched A arms. The stock arms are pretty weak so I didn't want to just change the lowers.. Doing the forward arms I'm replacing all four between that and the Zbrothers trailing arm and radius rods the suspension should be stronger all around..
Back to top Go down
Baditude
SSXSRider Member
Baditude

PostSubject: Re: ? for those with Arched A Arms    ? for those with Arched A Arms  EmptyTue Jul 23, 2013 6:01 pm

Ok so I have installed mine.

Question: Since the hubs are moved forward, how do you compensate with the tie rods? My Tie rod ends will only screw out so far and when I connect them to the hub it gives me horrible toe out. I have to rotate them hub in to make the connection.

I have them attached to the bottom and it is a real bitch to get that bolt through
Back to top Go down
jhoncho4x4
SSXSRider Member
jhoncho4x4

PostSubject: Re: ? for those with Arched A Arms    ? for those with Arched A Arms  EmptyTue Jul 23, 2013 6:10 pm

Back to top Go down
8ball_99
SSXSRider Member
8ball_99

PostSubject: Re: ? for those with Arched A Arms    ? for those with Arched A Arms  EmptyTue Jul 23, 2013 6:56 pm

I'm still running my stock tierod ends. They had enough adjustment in them to reach but there ain't a lot of the rod threaded into the end. I'm not sure what I'm going to do about it in the long run. If anyone is running the super Atv extended ones and have had good luck I'd love to hear about it. I really really just don't trust their stuff other then their axles. I might end up with a set of HD tie rod ends if they have more adjustment then stock. That or see If I can get a set 1/2" longer made
Back to top Go down
GaMike
SSXSRider Member
GaMike

Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2013-10-07

PostSubject: Re: ? for those with Arched A Arms    ? for those with Arched A Arms  EmptySun Oct 20, 2013 8:02 pm

I am running backwoods armor forward arms and high clearance rear arms. John send new heim joints with mine. 2013 ranger set up on 30" moto claws. My front arms had an extra inch of lift built into them.
Back to top Go down
Baditude
SSXSRider Member
Baditude

PostSubject: Re: ? for those with Arched A Arms    ? for those with Arched A Arms  EmptySun Oct 20, 2013 8:10 pm

Here is my report on the Super ATV extended tie rod ends: They lasted 2 rides. The stock ones with 1300 miles have less play then the Super ATV extended after little over 200 miles
Back to top Go down
ridepate
SSXSRider Staff
ridepate

Number of posts : 6409
Registration date : 2009-04-23

PostSubject: Re: ? for those with Arched A Arms    ? for those with Arched A Arms  EmptySun Oct 20, 2013 10:27 pm

http://www.qscomponents.com/

I'll leave it at that...1/2 x 1/2 x 20 female....LH...and your done,,,,,,,
Back to top Go down
CatMostFeared
SSXSRider Member
CatMostFeared

Number of posts : 1827
Registration date : 2010-08-25

PostSubject: Re: ? for those with Arched A Arms    ? for those with Arched A Arms  EmptyMon Oct 21, 2013 12:26 am

You don't need extended tierods ends with backwoods +2 forward
There is still enough thread there
Back to top Go down
http://www.catmostfeared.com
8ball_99
SSXSRider Member
8ball_99

PostSubject: Re: ? for those with Arched A Arms    ? for those with Arched A Arms  EmptyMon Oct 21, 2013 11:33 am

Baditude wrote:
Here is my report on the Super ATV extended tie rod ends:  They lasted 2 rides.  The stock ones with 1300 miles have less play then the Super ATV extended after little over 200 miles
lol like I said.. I don't trust anything from super atv except maybe their axles.. Everything else I've ever bought from them was junk. I wouldn't buy another map bag from them much less a critical suspension part... I know some guys on here like them though.

Like Cat said though your probably ok with the stock ones.. Big R bent his tie rod, exploded a cv and the tie rod end stayed put. So I guess those few threads is enough.. I'm going to run my stock ones till the wear out then go with a extended set from S3..
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

Number of posts : 16074
Registration date : 2008-02-26

PostSubject: Re: ? for those with Arched A Arms    ? for those with Arched A Arms  EmptyMon Oct 21, 2013 5:18 pm

8ball_99 wrote:
Baditude wrote:
Here is my report on the Super ATV extended tie rod ends:  They lasted 2 rides.  The stock ones with 1300 miles have less play then the Super ATV extended after little over 200 miles
lol like I said.. I don't trust anything from super atv except maybe their axles.. Everything else I've ever bought from them was junk. I wouldn't buy another map bag from them much less a critical suspension part... I know some guys on here like them though.

Like Cat said though your probably ok with the stock ones.. Big R bent his tie rod, exploded a cv and the tie rod end stayed put. So I guess those few threads is enough.. I'm going to run my stock ones till the wear out then go with a extended set from S3..
Great words spoken here.... You don't need extended tie rod ends. My axle flew out of my machine and bent the tie rod. If that did not brake the end off nothing would.

? for those with Arched A Arms  Img_0410
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ? for those with Arched A Arms    ? for those with Arched A Arms  Empty

Back to top Go down

? for those with Arched A Arms
Page 1 of 1