SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Clutch Cover not sealed good.

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
bacon
SSXSRider Member
bacon

Number of posts : 849
Registration date : 2011-09-06

Clutch Cover not sealed good. Empty
PostSubject: Clutch Cover not sealed good.   Clutch Cover not sealed good. EmptySun Jul 07, 2013 3:44 pm

Got into a creek yesterday and as soon as it got up to about my floorboard it quit pulling which sucked trying to get it back outta the creek. I got home and took cover off, dont think very much water got in there, everything is still good and clean. The seal feels like its in the groove everywhere, but was very wet and had mud on it in the center on the bottom. What should i do to stop it from leaking? After i tried crossing that creek we came up on another one that wasn't even deep enough to come into the floor and it quit pulling again, id like to at least be able to get that deep with no issues.
Back to top Go down
jodyt
SSXSRider Member
jodyt

Number of posts : 462
Registration date : 2009-03-01

PostSubject: Re: Clutch Cover not sealed good.   Clutch Cover not sealed good. EmptySun Jul 07, 2013 3:51 pm

Its most likely not sealed on the back where the clutch cover is bolted to the engine...I had to fix mine on the 800, it did the same thing
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/jodytompkins
bacon
SSXSRider Member
bacon

PostSubject: Re: Clutch Cover not sealed good.   Clutch Cover not sealed good. EmptySun Jul 07, 2013 3:56 pm

Is that hard to do? Wondering if it is something i should try or just take it to the dealership. Its only 2 or 3 months old, not sure if they would help me out on it or not.
Back to top Go down
jodyt
SSXSRider Member
jodyt

Number of posts : 462
Registration date : 2009-03-01

PostSubject: Re: Clutch Cover not sealed good.   Clutch Cover not sealed good. EmptySun Jul 07, 2013 4:20 pm

you have to pull both the primary and secondary off to do it...not hard but time consuming.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/jodytompkins
Goose
SSXSRider Member
Goose

Number of posts : 2971
Registration date : 2010-03-15

PostSubject: Re: Clutch Cover not sealed good.   Clutch Cover not sealed good. EmptySun Jul 07, 2013 6:51 pm

Is there a gasket still on the cover?
Back to top Go down
bacon
SSXSRider Member
bacon

PostSubject: Re: Clutch Cover not sealed good.   Clutch Cover not sealed good. EmptySun Jul 07, 2013 7:10 pm

Yeah it looks good.
Back to top Go down
Reeko
SSXSRider Member
Reeko

Number of posts : 494
Registration date : 2012-05-30

PostSubject: Re: Clutch Cover not sealed good.   Clutch Cover not sealed good. EmptyMon Jul 08, 2013 9:25 pm

We had 3 out of 5 RZRs do the same thing at Royal Blue a month or so ago. Sadly my 2012 and my dad's 2013 (second ride in it) did it as well as another buddy's rig. A bit on the frustrating side getting out of the buggy in the middle of the creek in high water (mid door).

I really need to take mine apart and seal it.
Back to top Go down
bacon
SSXSRider Member
bacon

PostSubject: Re: Clutch Cover not sealed good.   Clutch Cover not sealed good. EmptyMon Jul 08, 2013 9:41 pm

Took mine to dealership today, they said they should be able to get it done under warranty since its just a few months old.
Back to top Go down
rocker27

rocker27

Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2013-02-21

PostSubject: Re: Clutch Cover not sealed good.   Clutch Cover not sealed good. EmptySat Jul 13, 2013 12:40 pm

mine did the same thing, 2nd mudhole, wouldn't pull until it dried out, called the dealer when I got home, said these things were not made for mud holes, also said $80 to seal it up, said warranty didn't cover that, I said forget it, i'll do it myself
Back to top Go down
Goose
SSXSRider Member
Goose

Number of posts : 2971
Registration date : 2010-03-15

PostSubject: Re: Clutch Cover not sealed good.   Clutch Cover not sealed good. EmptySat Jul 13, 2013 4:17 pm

Rocker what did u do to seal it
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Clutch Cover not sealed good.   Clutch Cover not sealed good. Empty

Back to top Go down

Clutch Cover not sealed good.
Page 1 of 1