SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Rzr s assistance please

Go down 
+4
Dean
ridepate
8ball_99
Goose
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Goose
SSXSRider Member
Goose

Number of posts : 2971
Registration date : 2010-03-15

Rzr s assistance please Empty
PostSubject: Rzr s assistance please   Rzr s assistance please EmptyFri Jul 12, 2013 9:52 pm

Folks,
Being new to Polaris ownership some advice is needed. There is about 600 miles on the machine. I have heard many rzr owners talk about bearings and bushings and if there is any play in the front end something is not right.
I took the front tires off the S and grabbed the rotor and there is no play front to back but the lower a arm seems to have a little play at the inboard ( wide) end when I moved the rotor up and down. Is this normal? Is there an a arm bushing inboard? Help is appreciated.
Back to top Go down
8ball_99
SSXSRider Member
8ball_99

Number of posts : 1370
Registration date : 2010-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Rzr s assistance please   Rzr s assistance please EmptyFri Jul 12, 2013 11:00 pm

Not sure if I understand what you mean bout inboard. But yea in the front you have 4 bushings per side. Two on the lower A-arm and 2 on the upper A-arm. The bushings are in the tube where the arm connects to the frame.. On the rear you have bushings on both sides of the A-arms and the bushings that connect the arm to the bearing carrier do not have grease zerks on them. IME the lower bushings tend to wear out faster then the uppers. If you let the lowers get to loose they will take all the other bushings down with them. Then the ball joints, then the bearings, then the hubs lol. To much play spreads pretty quick.
Back to top Go down
ridepate
SSXSRider Staff
ridepate

Number of posts : 6409
Registration date : 2009-04-23

PostSubject: Re: Rzr s assistance please   Rzr s assistance please EmptyFri Jul 12, 2013 11:33 pm

Welcome to the wonderful world of RZR ownership Goose!!!
Back to top Go down
Goose
SSXSRider Member
Goose

PostSubject: Re: Rzr s assistance please   Rzr s assistance please EmptyFri Jul 12, 2013 11:42 pm

Thanks Jimbo! Will, by inboard i mean the wide side closest to the frame on the lower side. It is the wide side with the zerk. So am I hearing you say if you have play u need new bushings?
Back to top Go down
ridepate
SSXSRider Staff
ridepate

Number of posts : 6409
Registration date : 2009-04-23

PostSubject: Re: Rzr s assistance please   Rzr s assistance please EmptySat Jul 13, 2013 12:32 am

Super-Daves seems to be the choice Goose.

http://www.rzrbushings.us/
Back to top Go down
Goose
SSXSRider Member
Goose

PostSubject: Re: Rzr s assistance please   Rzr s assistance please EmptySat Jul 13, 2013 8:56 am

Thanks Jimbo. Looks like I will be a patron of Super Dave.
Back to top Go down
Dean
SSXSRider Member
Dean

Number of posts : 1210
Registration date : 2010-12-18

PostSubject: Re: Rzr s assistance please   Rzr s assistance please EmptySat Jul 13, 2013 9:11 am

Goose when you you here a little noise turn your stereo up if it don't have one purchase 1 :ROFLM
Back to top Go down
Goose
SSXSRider Member
Goose

PostSubject: Re: Rzr s assistance please   Rzr s assistance please EmptySat Jul 13, 2013 12:06 pm

uplaugh 
Back to top Go down
ChrisC
SSXSRider Member
ChrisC

Number of posts : 5483
Registration date : 2008-06-30

PostSubject: Re: Rzr s assistance please   Rzr s assistance please EmptySat Jul 13, 2013 11:46 pm

Those are the inner A-Frame bushings. and yes if they wiggle there bad.
But go a head and replace the outer bushings as well and be
done with it....allright
Back to top Go down
bacon
SSXSRider Member
bacon

Number of posts : 849
Registration date : 2011-09-06

PostSubject: Re: Rzr s assistance please   Rzr s assistance please EmptySun Jul 14, 2013 1:34 am

I have started jacking mine up after every ride and checking for play, usually if you have someone else wiggle everything you can see where the play is coming from. Also once you get new ones after every ride or 2 grease every zerk til you see old grease come out. Read that on here and it has worked great for me so far after 500 miles.
Back to top Go down
KY. Colonel
SSXSRider Member

Number of posts : 2144
Registration date : 2010-02-02

PostSubject: Re: Rzr s assistance please   Rzr s assistance please EmptySun Jul 14, 2013 2:01 am

600 miles and the bushings are needing replacement? You may be missing your pig-feeder more than you thought. Seriously, congrats on the new ride good luck with it and ride safe. See you in Evarts!
Back to top Go down
Goose
SSXSRider Member
Goose

PostSubject: Re: Rzr s assistance please   Rzr s assistance please EmptyThu Jul 18, 2013 9:57 am

Super Dave's bushings for front on the way. I've watched video and they said that u don't have to remove the front plastic to get the upper off just tilt it and work with it. Any other tips?
Back to top Go down
8ball_99
SSXSRider Member
8ball_99

Number of posts : 1370
Registration date : 2010-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Rzr s assistance please   Rzr s assistance please EmptyThu Jul 18, 2013 2:58 pm

The front plastic is very easy to take off if you don't have a front bumper. I've never changed the bushings with out pulling the plastics. Not saying it can't be done just think it would be easier to just take the plastics off. It's only a few torq screws and a couple push pins. Heck I just changed mine on the XP and I pulled my bumper winch and all to do it.
Back to top Go down
seweljj
SSXSRider Member
seweljj

Number of posts : 445
Registration date : 2012-01-18

PostSubject: Re: Rzr s assistance please   Rzr s assistance please EmptyThu Jul 18, 2013 3:35 pm

I would make sure to look closely at your A-arm mounting holes. It is very common for them to get egg shaped and have play in them. The upper, right side of mine was that way, and I am installing a reinforcement gusset for the uppers from UTV inc. I have seen a lot of A-arms ripped loose from the mounting brackets.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rzr s assistance please   Rzr s assistance please Empty

Back to top Go down

Rzr s assistance please
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
SouthernSxSRiders :: General :: Tech Talk-
Jump to: