SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

I doesn't look good for pickett.

Go down 
+4
GunRunner
MIKE_D
CatMostFeared
BluDevil
8 posters
AuthorMessage
BluDevil
SSXSRider Member
BluDevil

Number of posts : 531
Registration date : 2013-03-01

I doesn't look good for pickett.  Empty
PostSubject: I doesn't look good for pickett.    I doesn't look good for pickett.  EmptyWed Aug 21, 2013 11:15 pm

http://www.mudandgutsoffroadforum.org/t2034-pickett-important-info-i-got-this-email-today#22069

I don't know if or when they will start cracking down on trail riding, but it doesn't look good to me.
Back to top Go down
CatMostFeared
SSXSRider Member
CatMostFeared

Number of posts : 1827
Registration date : 2010-08-25

PostSubject: Re: I doesn't look good for pickett.    I doesn't look good for pickett.  EmptyWed Aug 21, 2013 11:53 pm

That suck but there is so many local that have rode there for 30 yrs or more
And there not going to stop until they start getting arrested
Back to top Go down
http://www.catmostfeared.com
MIKE_D
SSXSRider Member
MIKE_D

Number of posts : 1322
Registration date : 2013-02-11

PostSubject: Re: I doesn't look good for pickett.    I doesn't look good for pickett.  EmptyThu Aug 22, 2013 4:14 am

Just my luck. WTF Well I am riding Sunday, looks like it might be the last chance. splat 
Back to top Go down
MIKE_D
SSXSRider Member
MIKE_D

PostSubject: Re: I doesn't look good for pickett.    I doesn't look good for pickett.  EmptyFri Aug 23, 2013 8:30 am

I am riding sat afternoon and Sunday.
Back to top Go down
GunRunner
SSXSRider Member
GunRunner

Number of posts : 5296
Registration date : 2008-01-22

PostSubject: Re: I doesn't look good for pickett.    I doesn't look good for pickett.  EmptyFri Aug 23, 2013 11:03 am

Unless they get local law enforcement involved id say people will ride as they have been disobeying the posted signs for years already. once someone goes to jail and there buggys and hauler impounded it will stop except for a few who didnt know or has the sac to try it.
Back to top Go down
http://southernrzrriders.com
MIKE_D
SSXSRider Member
MIKE_D

PostSubject: Re: I doesn't look good for pickett.    I doesn't look good for pickett.  EmptyFri Aug 23, 2013 5:42 pm

Crack a cold one
Back to top Go down
RedNeckRanger
SSXSRider Member
RedNeckRanger

Number of posts : 946
Registration date : 2009-06-03

PostSubject: Re: I doesn't look good for pickett.    I doesn't look good for pickett.  EmptyFri Aug 23, 2013 7:53 pm

as long as they don't charge u to ride in tn.they can not be held liable
Back to top Go down
Big Jake 1637
SSXSRider Member
Big Jake 1637

Number of posts : 70
Registration date : 2010-08-01

PostSubject: Re: I doesn't look good for pickett.    I doesn't look good for pickett.  EmptyFri Aug 23, 2013 11:42 pm

Ok guys, let me help give you some possibilities for this.   With my position at Spearhead and dealing with multiple large land management companies the first thing I would do is organize as a representing "club" to help oversee the property.   By doing this, you will have to charge a permit fee, to help purchase the liability insurance that will be required to indemnify the landowner and protect them from lawsuits if anything happens.   Also, by doing this, you can help maintain the land/trails/drainage etc that are issues that the landowners face from DCR and other govt organizations.   They are just trying to protect themselves from liability issues that they face now. So by giving them a good, sound alternative and show that your a responsible entity that could help partner with them, they may be more receptive to helping establish a legitimate trail system.   As a final note, when meeting with them, mention the economic impact that this area is having on the local economy.  This may help develop a "park" type system such as Black Mtn and make them look good in the process.    This is just my 2cents but I hope it can help.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/chris.sturgill1?ref=tn_tnmn
BluDevil
SSXSRider Member
BluDevil

Number of posts : 531
Registration date : 2013-03-01

PostSubject: Re: I doesn't look good for pickett.    I doesn't look good for pickett.  EmptySat Aug 24, 2013 11:15 pm

This was sent to Neil from the Mud and Gut's forum.

I enjoyed getting to talk with you over the issue of the “Pickett Trails” so to speak and thank you for your cooperation and understanding with the concerns and issues I had brought to your attention previously. I wanted to let you know that I contacted TFG (managers for the property) and brought to their attention all that you and I had discussed with regards to the trail usage and the possibility of the accidental trespass onto their property. I have been visiting the discussions on the post you made on your forum to keep up with the ideas and discussion your members are having on the issue at hand, and I will say that many of the ideas brought up seem to be very valid with regards to you guys being able to keep the trails cleared and accessible, keeping an eye out for poaching, timber trespass, fires, drug activity, etc. I brought these to the attention of TFG that there may be benefits to them in leasing/waivers/etc. to a group of riders such as yourselves, and that you all seem to be a very respectful group of people just from our talk and from what I’ve heard/seen from the landowner and discussions on your forum.

Having said this, I’m afraid it’s still not going to be the news you wanted to hear but maybe somewhat expected as one person eluded to on your forum. After my discussions with the regional manager from The Forestland Group (TFG) and sharing all the information I could that I’ve been able to from you and the forum discussions, TFG is not interested at this point in time in pursuing leasing/waivers/etc. to permit recreational riding on the tract outside of hunting leases( which would not allow for joy-riding uses). Upon seeing the latest post on the forum where a member attached a link to a tax map, it has confirmed to me that the majority of the trails are in fact on TFG property. The tax map shows the outline of our tract to a “T” more or less (I’ve attached a map of the tract from our files for you to compare with). I’m sorry to have to be the one to share this with you, but TFG does want to pursue “shutting down” the tract to recreational riders such as you guys and will be implementing gates in areas, and I will make sure the property line is posted better if that is where one of the issues arises. This is all based on the concerns I discussed with you on the phone with liability, trail degradation, and the tract uses TFG pursues such as timber production and protection of natural resources such as soil and water quality. And I do realize we are performing timber harvest which are seen by some to be bad, but TFG is a large group that enforces proper and best management practices to ensure the harvesting performed has a minimal impact on the environment, and strives to promote healthier forests and land resources because they are under strict certification guidelines they must meet on all their properties.

With this, the parking at Sunnybrook will have to end and the trail use on Pickett will be done for now. We would like to maintain a good relationship with you guys though, seeing that you seem to be quite willing to respect the decisions made by TFG in regards to tract uses and will keep you in mind as an option if TFG decides to lease the property for trail uses. If you could, please begin to spread the word of this change in permissible riding areas to your fellow riders and other groups who may currently be using the Sunnybrook Parking and Pickett trails. Please feel free and I encourage you to post this email on your forum so members can read for themselves and help get the word out. If you have any questions or concerns with what I’ve said feel free to call me and I’d be happy to talk to you about it, and I’m also willing to still join you some weekend and show you where the property lines are if you feel it’s necessary.

Thanks again for your time, and sorry for the loss of what seemed to be a good recreational area for you and friends. If there are ever any changes, I will be sure to let you know.

Curt

Landmark Forestry LLC."
Back to top Go down
STR8RZR
SSXSRider Staff
STR8RZR

Number of posts : 896
Registration date : 2012-06-13

PostSubject: Re: I doesn't look good for pickett.    I doesn't look good for pickett.  EmptySun Aug 25, 2013 3:02 am

Well that sucks.
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

Number of posts : 16074
Registration date : 2008-02-26

PostSubject: Re: I doesn't look good for pickett.    I doesn't look good for pickett.  EmptySun Aug 25, 2013 9:35 am

I knew this would be the outcome when they first purchased the land. TFG does not seem to be ATV friendly.

However, I can't blame them. It only takes a few bad off roaders to ruin a good place to ride. Hopefully they will change their mind.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I doesn't look good for pickett.    I doesn't look good for pickett.  Empty

Back to top Go down

I doesn't look good for pickett.
Page 1 of 1